Search:

SIYE Time:12:31 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Return of an Alpha
By Miz636

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Death, Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 409
Summary: For three years, Harry has been Becoming Alpha of Hogwarts. Now another Alpha is returning, bringing with him darkness, chaos, and battle. Watch as sides line up for war, and people and society change.
Hitcount: Story Total: 169572; Chapter Total: 4334





Author's Notes:
13 reviews already? Man, add that to the 46 from FF.net and I've gotten off on a good start! What's so different about this story from the last that's drawing more of you in? Lol.

Anyway, onto the chapter! Please read, enjoy, and review. :)

Huge thanks to Arnel for the Beta job! :D Wouldn't look quite as clean without you, Arnel.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Two


Harry woke up the first morning of summer break and smiled as he looked around his room again. It really was the perfect room for him.

Getting out of bed, Harry headed to the bathroom on the third floor and took a shower to wake up before going back to his room and getting dressed. Once he was ready to face the day, Harry pulled out his Journal and activated it, putting it into voice mode so that he didn't have to write anything.

Harry: Hey Trace, Gin.

Girls: Morning Harry.

Harry: Were you both kicking the others out so that only you two could talk to me this morning?

Ginny: Maaayyyybbbbeeee…

Tracey: Harry, did you see the Evening Prophet last night?

Harry: Yeah, I did. Sirius and Remus showed me it. I gather you both have realized what it probably means as well.

Tracey: Well, Daddy told me what he, Daphne's father, and Sirius all think it means we'll have problems in the near future, and I have to admit that it's probably quite likely.

Ginny: Then she told me, and I also have to agree with them. With Pettigrew out now, we're going to have trouble in the future.

Harry: So, how long do you think we'll have before Voldemort has his body back?

Ginny: This isn't something to joke about, Harry!

Harry: Who said I was joking, Gin? Voldemort will get a body back eventually and we need to know when that is.

Tracey: Calm down you two. We all agree that Voldemort will be coming back eventually, but we don't need to discuss this now.

Harry: I'm going to go down and see if Sirius or Remus is up. I'll talk to you both later.


Harry signed off, a bit annoyed that Ginny thought he was joking around. He knew he shouldn't really be all that annoyed, but it was hard not to be. Out of all his friends, only Tracey and Ginny knew the exact words of the prophecy; Daphne and Astoria knew that he had one about him and Voldemort, but not much more. That made this a lot harder on him as Ginny should know that he hated the thought of Voldemort coming back.

In fact, Harry thought at he slipped his Journal into a pocket of his jeans and left his room, he and Ginny had talked about this sort of thing a lot. She knew that he was afraid of the idea that he would have to kill Voldemort, no matter how evil he was. Over the course of the last year, Ginny had spent hours trying to calm him down when it came to the prophecy, yet it was hard for him to believe that she truly understood what he was going through.

When Harry got to the kitchen, he found that Remus was awake while Sirius was probably still snoring away in his room on the third floor.

"Morning, Moony," Harry said as he walked over to a pitcher of orange juice and poured himself a glass before sitting down at the table.

"Good morning, Harry," Remus replied as he looked up from the Daily Prophet to smile at the teen, who was frowning slightly. "Is something wrong?"

"Ginny was being a bit annoying, is all," Harry said, not really in the mood to explain anything else.

"Ah," was all Remus said in response before going back to reading the paper, which had a bunch of articles about Sirius, Pettigrew, and the Potters splashed across the front page this morning.

Sighing internally, Harry got up and began to make breakfast for himself and Remus. He and Kreacher had made a deal one day during the school year that he would make breakfast for whoever was in the kitchen when he got there, and Kreacher would make it for anyone who came later. Kreacher could make lunch, and Harry would help him make dinner.

"Thank you, Harry," Remus said as he put the paper to the side and looked down at the plate of eggs, bacon, and toast in front of him.

"You're welcome, Moony," Harry replied as he sat down with his own plate of food. "Anything of interest in the paper besides Wormtail?"

"Not really," Remus sighed. It was still hard for him and Sirius to deal with the fact that the man who had once been their friend had actually betrayed them, Harry knew, so he said nothing.

"Mornin'," Sirius said through a yawn as he walked into the kitchen a few minutes later, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "What, nothing for me?" he asked indignantly as he opened his eyes and saw the breakfast on the table.

"Kreacher's already working on your breakfast," Harry informed his godfather while he gestured to the elf working at the stove with his head.

"Oh… good," Sirius finally said as he slumped down into a chair, obviously still half asleep.

Harry gave Sirius an amused look as he stood up and put his empty dishes in the sink. His godfather had basically fallen back to sleep at the table and he had only been there for a minute or so.

"I'm going to see if anyone wants to come over and see the house today, is that okay?" Harry asked Remus and Sirius.

"Go right ahead, Cub," Remus answered for the pair as Sirius blinked and looked at Harry with an air of someone who was very confused.

"Thanks, Moony," he said with a laugh for his godfather before rushing out of the kitchen and up to the stairs into the living room.

Once there, he pulled out his Journal again and saw that most of his friends were awake and talking in the colored Journal mode now.

Tracey: Ah, here he is.

Harry: Are you always waiting for me to get on these days?

Everyone: Yes.

Harry: At least I know what you all think of me.

Ginny: What's your plan for the day?

Harry: Well… I was going to ask if anyone wanted to come over and see my new house, but I don't think I want any of you over here now that I know what you all think about me.

Everyone: Harry!

Harry: *Sighs* Fine… So, does anyone want to come over?

Draco: *Remarks dryly* I believe the response from before should tell you that everyone who can wants to come over, but maybe that's just my take on it.

Harry: Oh, good, I'm not the only one to think that!

Daphne: *Groans* He's being a smart arse again today.

Harry: I am not!

Tracey and Ginny: Yes you are.

Harry: Darn…

Theo: My father told me to get out of the house as much as I can this summer; I think he's sick of seeing me around now that I'm a "disappointment" to him. *Laughs darkly*

Fred: Mum was going to say that we couldn't go to the house of Sirius Black, but Dad told her that he had met and talked to Sirius at the Ministry more than once and that he's not even close to a mass-murderer.

George: Basically, Mum said yes once she heard that we won't be killed the moment we step into the house.

Ginny: Not that it would have stopped me from going over anyway, but it's always better to have permission.

Susan: Auntie talked to Hannah and Justin's parents, so they're allowed to come as well because they trust her to be sure that he isn't a dark wizard or a murderer.

Terry: My parents didn't take that much convincing, though I might have to bring a few siblings over once in a while.

Harry: Hey, the more the merrier.

Padma: Parvati made it a lot harder to convince my parents, but I managed to talk to Mum without her there and it worked out in the end.

Harry: So, basically, all of you have convinced your parents to let you come over except for Draco?

Draco: Hey! My mother convinced father to let me come over once a week so that I could be respectful to my cousin. Also, she's hoping that he'll tell me about her older sister, the one who got disowned.

Harry: Wow… Even Draco actually managed to get permission. I think I'm actually a bit scared right now.

Draco: Oh shut up!

Everyone Else: *Laughs*

Harry: So, all of you want to come over within the next hour or so? I'm not letting anyone go past the living room until you're all here, by the way.

Tracey: I'll see you then. Daddy told me that I had to go over today so that I could tell him what I thought of the attic… whatever that means.

Harry: Ask him if he was the main one to put the attic together.

Tracey: I'll be a minute, but sure.

Daphne: Our dad wants us to see the attic as well, but I think he's more interested in our reactions to your room. He said he helped plan the whole thing out.

Harry: Thank him for me, then.

Astoria: I just did. Daphne's up in her room, but I'm in the living room with our parents, who are reading. Oh, he says that you're quite welcome and that he's glad you love it so much.

Theo: Can you PLEASE tell us what's so special about your room?

Harry: Nope.

Theo: You can be a bloody pain in the arse at times.

Harry: I can? Darn… I was trying for almost all the time. *Smirks*

Tracey: Daddy says that he did the planning for the attic and had Sirius get most of the stuff in it from his family vault. He also did most of the charms to the room.

Harry: Tell him thanks, and I'm pretty sure everyone else will agree with me when I say that it's bloody brilliant!

Tracey: I just did, and he just laughed before telling me to go get ready, so I'll probably be there in a few minutes.

Harry: I'm going to go let Moony and Padfoot know, then, so that they don't get shocked when all of you start appearing out of the Floo. Make sure you all bring your stuff to train with, including your wands!




"Thi s room is amazing!" Hermione finally said in awe as they all began to slowly walk around the attic. She and Neville had been told to come over to Harry's house a bit after the others, when they had all dragged Harry back onto his Journal so that he could give them the Floo address.

"It really is," Susan agreed quietly as everyone else nodded.

"We'll be able to use this place to train while we can use Tracey's house to fly and swim," Harry told his friends with a grin, slightly amused by their faces even though he was pretty sure his had been just as awed the night before.

Before anyone else knew what was happening, Harry had changed into his wolf form and jumped at Tracey, who reacted on instinct and turned into her cat to slide under him. After that, it was chaos as everyone transformed and began wrestling all over the place.

Looking around a while later, Harry saw that Hannah, Hermione, and Padma were all watching from the sidelines along with an amused Remus, who had come up with Sirius when they had heard the noise. All four of them were human. Otherwise, the birds of the group were all dive-bombing the others while the rest of the animals wrestled.

Just in time, Harry spotted Ginny about to pounce on him in his moment of distraction and moved so that he could land on top of her in the end. She ended up on her back and Harry had used his paws to hold her arms down as they both panted. Reminded of another time they had done something similar to that, Harry jumped off of her and onto Blaise, but not before he had seen a light in her eyes that he didn't see very often.

If Harry had looked over at the observers against the wall, he would have seen the four humans in the room exchanging knowing looks as Ginny got up and jumped on Daphne.



"This is my room," Harry said a few hours later after they had all exhausted themselves from wrestling as animals and eaten a lunch of sandwiches and soup in the kitchen as they stood outside his door.

Slowly, he opened the door and walked over to sit on his bed, hugging his knees to his chest and watching his friends look around his room. No one noticed him for a minute or two as they stared around the walls, but then Ginny walked over to him and sat down next to him, looking around still. Tracey joined the pair and sat on Harry's other side a few minutes later.

As the others noticed them, some sat down on his bed, Astoria stole his chair at his desk, and everyone else sat down on the floor.

"This is amazing, Harry," Ginny said for the group.

"I know," he agreed as he looked at the stag and doe again. The two of them were watching from beside his bed, so it drew the attention of everyone sitting on the bed, and they all gasped softly as they realized who the animals had to represent. "My parents," he admitted softly, confirming most thoughts and drawing the attention of the rest of the group.

"Sirius thought to have those four put onto the wall as well?" Hannah asked, and Harry nodded.

Only Ginny and Tracey noticed that he was now holding a chain in his hands, hiding the rings they both knew were hanging there.

The door to the room opened and Remus and Sirius walked in, allowing Harry to put the chain back under his shirt. They both looked around the room, their eyes finally stopping on the stag, doe, wolf, and dog by Harry's bed.

"You all like the room, then?" Sirius asked the room at large, earning positive responses from the group. "We thought you all would like it."

"It seems the painting knows how all of you would play in your Animagus forms," Remus added on with a touch of amusement as they all watched Theo's fox form jump on Daphne's lioness form, something that Theo had been doing to Daphne earlier in the attic.

"Yup," Astoria said with a laugh as she saw Blaise's bear jump at Theo's fox. "That's definitely Theo and Blaise when it comes to Daphne."

"Shut up, Astoria," Daphne told her sister as she hit the younger girl's leg from her position next to the desk and on the floor, though everyone could see she was smiling.

"Well, we'll leave you alone, but make sure you know that you can come over here any time you want," Sirius told the group.

"Except in the middle of the night unless you're sleeping over," Harry added quickly as he saw the grins on the twins' faces.

"Harry," they whined in disappointment.

"You are not pranking in the middle of the night," Harry stated firmly. "Unless it's Padfoot," Harry added in Parseltongue to Ginny, who laughed before whispering the message to Fred, who smiled and told George. Both of them looked at Harry, who nodded in confirmation, and they both looked at Sirius before sharing grins.

"What did you say, Harry?" Sirius demanded as he saw their looks, obviously worried. "What did you have Ginny tell them?"

"Nothing, nothing at all, Padfoot," Harry said innocently as the twins and Ginny broke out laughing.

"Just let it go, Padfoot," Remus told his friend as he pushed him out of the room, having a good idea what Harry had hissed.

"What did he say?" most of the group demanded of Ginny once the door was closed and they all heard Sirius and Remus were out of hearing distance.

"That they could come here in the middle of the night to prank Padfoot," she said, and everyone broke out into laughter.



That night, Harry watched the snakes moving on his ceiling as he thought about how the twins had asked him to help them plan pranks on Sirius, which he had happily agreed to. Of course, when he told the group that Sirius and Remus had told him that they didn't mind if he used magic during the summer because they knew he would only use it for training, household spells, or pranking, they all started to talk about how training with magic would be excellent, and the pranksters of the group began talking about pranks for the Marauders.

It had been awesome to find out from Sirius that magic could be done in magical homes because there were adult witches and wizards there, so the Ministry couldn't tell if it had been an adult or a child doing the magic. When he had asked why Samuel hadn't let them use magic the summer before, Sirius informed him that Samuel had wanted them to learn the non-magical fighting techniques before learning more spells.

Remus had promised Harry that he would teach him and his friends spells that summer as long as they kept up with their swords, daggers, and hand-to-hand training, which Harry knew they would. Of course, everyone had to have their homework done within the first two weeks of summer or they wouldn't be allowed to go over to Harry's house until it was done, so they had all agreed to spend the next day at their own homes doing homework with the Journals on to use for help from others.

Harry fell asleep that night with a smile on his face, happy to be where he was for once.



A few hundred miles away, a rat missing a finger was riding in the back of a truck. The rat, who was Peter Pettigrew, had heard over the years that there were rumors of the Dark Lord hiding in Albania, so he was headed in that direction. He now knew that his only hope was to find his master and help him in any way he could. Peter Pettigrew had nothing else but his master now.



In a forest in Albania, a dark spirit was possessing a snake, trying its hardest not to die as it hoped beyond hope that one of its followers would come to help it return to its former glory using a ritual it knew of. At the very least, Lord Voldemort knew that he couldn't die because of his Horcruxes, though he had no idea that three had already been destroyed.



At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster, used his Pensieve to look through memories of one Tom Marvolo Riddle-who would later become Lord Voldemort-that he had collected over the years. He now knew, after seeing that little black diary Harry Potter had handed to him for a few hours a year before, that Voldemort had Horcruxes, and now he was trying to figure out all he could about them so that he could find them.



In a manor, hundreds of miles away from Hogwarts, a blond man was sitting in his study with a glass of liquor in his hand. He was thinking about the idea of having some fun after the Quidditch World Cup that summer. To him, it was an idea that held merit as it would be a wonderful way to bring some of the old friends back together and remind them of their ideals.

He finally decided to owl a few friends on the morrow.



Samuel Davis and Daniel Greengrass were sitting together in Daniel's study at the Greengrass residence, their own Pensieve on the desk in front of them. A row of glass vials filled with a silvery substance stood next to it. They had looked through all of the memories of Tom Riddle they had managed to collect, but they couldn't figure out what another Horcrux could be besides Hufflepuff's little golden cup, let alone where another one could be hidden.

Their thought would be to talk to Harry, but they both realized that he probably would know less than they did. In fact, until Lord Voldemort returned, they knew Harry wouldn't understand him very well. Unfortunately, they knew that Harry would understand Tom Riddle much better than anyone else once he had seen the memories they had of him. Even worse was that he would probably understand Lord Voldemort very well once he had returned.

Finally, the two men came to an agreement that Harry had to see the memories they had of Tom Riddle. They knew that Harry would probably be able to tell them things about Tom Riddle that they would never figure out themselves, especially when they told him of his history to go along with the memories.

Samuel told Daniel that he would talk to Sirius later that week so that he could meet with Harry to show him the memories.



In a house that was obviously held up by magic just outside of Ottery St. Catchpole known as the Burrow, one of the young occupants was still wide awake. Ron Weasley was in his very orange room at the top of the Weasley home, sitting up in his bed and deep in thought. The reason for his thoughts was the sleeping, raven haired Slytherin, Harry Potter.

Ron had grown up with stories of Harry Potter being told all the time. Everyone had expected him to be a Gryffindor, so to watch him be Sorted into Slytherin had been like a punch in the gut for Ron. Even worse was that he had been making friends with everyone in their year, then the twins, and eventually he had begun making friends with the younger years, including his sister Ginny.

Then, Harry had gone and saved Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets at the end of her first year, and he had found out that he had not been opening the Chamber but his own sister had been. Of course, Ron had watched silently from his dorm window as Harry and Ginny spent every single day of the last two weeks of school outside on the grounds under a tree and talked for hours on end. He could tell as each day passed that Harry was helping Ginny get over the fact that she had been possessed by the little black diary she had been using all year, which had once been Lord Voldemort's.

After that day, Ron had begun realizing that his view of the Slytherin wasn't really an accurate one, so he had been watching. Harry Potter was a Slytherin for sure as he was able to lie to the twins in the face without them knowing it, he was causing mischief a lot, he was cunning, and so many other things that made a Slytherin a Slytherin, yet Harry Potter was not a normal Slytherin.

Thinking about it, Ron understood what the twins and Ginny said when they had told their mother that the Sorting Hat had said Harry could have been in any of the Houses. Harry Potter had the loyalty of a Hufflepuff when it came to his friends, the brains of a Ravenclaw when it came to classes, and the heart of a Gryffindor when it came to helping his friends. Most people wouldn't go into a Chamber with a basilisk just to save a friend when they knew the basilisk was there, even if they knew that basically no one alive could get into there besides them.

The thing was, it was obvious to Ron that Harry was a Slytherin before anything else. He used his cunning to earn himself more friends without getting people mad at him, and he used the fact that he knew a lot to keep himself alive, knowing that studying and learning more would keep him alive. On top of all of that, he thought and planned ahead before jumping into things, which was what most Gryffindors would do without the plan.

Sighing, Ron moved himself so that he was in a position to sleep with his eyes closed as he realized that he had been greatly mistaken about the green-eyed, black haired Slytherin. He could only hope that Harry Potter and his friends would accept him and his friends into their group of friends, even if he knew deep down inside that he wouldn't be as close to Harry as his siblings were, for he didn't really mind, just wanting to be his friend.

Uh... Finally? *Grins sheepishly* Yeah. This is the reason I've asked for patience with Ron. Maybe you'll all be kinder about him until chapter... five? *Shrugs* Sometime soon. Anyway, hopefully you all enjoyed chapter two! The next chapter begins oddly, or at least my Beta was claiming that by telling me I should be specific in the beginning... I'm vague on purpose, next chapter, so you've been warned! :D
Reviews 409
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear