Search:

SIYE Time:9:40 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Return of an Alpha
By Miz636

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Death, Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 409
Summary: For three years, Harry has been Becoming Alpha of Hogwarts. Now another Alpha is returning, bringing with him darkness, chaos, and battle. Watch as sides line up for war, and people and society change.
Hitcount: Story Total: 169713; Chapter Total: 3878





Author's Notes:
I got a number of comments on Dumbledore being able to see Harry while he was at Marauder Manor as many thought the house was under the Fidelius Charm already. However, earlier in the chapter, it was said that Harry and Draco would be visiting the Manor BEOFRE the Charm was put over it; hence the reason Dumbledore was able to watch Harry run across the lawn. Now, please enjoy the chapter, if you can…

Thanks to Arnel for the Beta job. :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Thirty-Five


Ginny: We’ve left the Burrow for the summer.

Harry: Do you know why?

Fred: Our parents are part of this secret group…

George: Known as the Order of the Phoenix.

Ginny: They won’t let us in on any of the meetings, but it’s a group formed to fight against Voldemort as Fudge controls the Prophet and is turning people away from the idea of him being back. It’s under a Fidelius Charm, so we can’t tell you where we are.

George: Luckily, Fred and I had this great invention idea…

Fred: Just before coming here…

Both: Extendable Ears!

Ron: They’re really good. We can hear the meetings as long as Mum doesn’t know. Unfortunately, they have a wire, so it’s easier to get caught…

Harry: Can’t you find a way to make it wireless? Maybe leave something in the room that transmits to another set of things to put in the ear so that it’s harder to catch?

Twins: Brilliant idea Harry! We’ll have to get on that…

Harry: Using those thousand Galleons well, then boys?

Ron: *Gapes* YOU’RE the one who gave them the money?

Harry: Keep it to yourself. I’m their silent investor.

Twins: Quite well, Harry.

Ginny: Hopefully the wireless idea will work once Mum realizes that we’ve got the wired ones… Maybe we should use the wire ones in pairs even after we’ve got wireless ones so that they won’t know we’ve got another way to listen in once they catch us, thinking they’ve got us beat.

Harry: Very Slytherin of you Ginny. You four keep it quiet that you have the Journals. Ron, don’t use them unless you’re completely sure NO ONE can see you with it. Otherwise, just keep it up, and I’ll talk to you soon.




“Siri us, what’s the Order of the Phoenix?” Harry asked as they headed to the Manor to set up the Fidelius Charm.

“It’s a group Dumbledore formed during the first war against Voldemort to fight him,” Sirius replied without really thinking about it. “Your parents, Remus, and I were among the members.” Harry silently added Pettigrew to that list. “Wait; don’t tell me he’s formed it again.”

“Unfortunately,” Harry sighed. “The Weasleys are stuck at Headquarters for the summer.”

“At least they’re in a good place to get information,” Remus said, coming up behind them. “Dumbledore normally finds out things most don’t somehow.”

“The twins are figuring out a way to make their new Extendable Ears wireless so that their Mum won’t realize they can still listen when the wired ones are found,” Harry said, and the two Marauders grinned .

“Why don’t we talk it over with Samuel? We might be able to find some charms or something that will help them,” Sirius suggested, and Remus agreed, though Harry knew it was half because of the information they could get and half because he just wanted to.

“Come on, let’s go make Samantha our Secret Keeper,” Remus said, leading the way to the Floo to got to Marauder Manor.



“Onto the next matter of business,” Dumbledore said, quieting the arguments caused by guard duty schedules. “I feel that Harry Potter would do better under our protection than where he is now. A simple search for him can find him and show where he is, meaning he’s quite an easy target for Lord Voldemort.”

“Do we know where the boy is right now?” Alastor Moody snarled.

Dumbledore used the same object as he had the night before to show that he was walking around the Davis home.

“He is at the home of the Davis family right now,” Dumbledore informed the group. “Now, does anyone have a plan that can be executed shortly that will retrieve him?”



Harry sighed a bit sadly as he walked around the grounds of Tracey’s house. Ankh was in his case on his shoulder, and Harry had his usual set of weapons that he used for training as he, Tracey, Astoria, Draco, and Daphne were going to train once the adults let them go back to Marauder Manor again.

Until then, Harry was just walking around the grounds near the wards, wishing he didn’t have to leave this place. After four summers of coming here so often, it was hard to say goodbye to the place, but they all knew it was for the best. Better to get rid of a known place to live in a hidden home than to stay here and chance getting attacked.

Of course, when he heard a muffled scream and looked up to see two cloaked and masked people holding Ginny between them, he was shocked. How had they gotten Ginny when she was supposedly safe for the summer?

Walking towards his girlfriend, hand grasping his wand, Harry suddenly froze as Ginny shook her head and told him with her eyes not to come any closer.

Unfortunately, he had gone literally a single step too far with his right foot on the outside of the protective wards of the property.

Before he had a chance to pull it back in, the cloaked figure not holding Ginny slapped something onto his foot and Harry felt a tug on his naval that signified a Portkey, something that he had been avoiding since the maze.

Suddenly, he slammed into the ground hard, barely keeping his footing as he held tightly onto his wand and felt an arm wrap around his torso. A hand pulled his head up as a mouth whispered in his ear.

“Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix are located at Number Four Abchurch Lane,” a voice whispered in his ear, and Harry quickly understood what was going on as a house that hadn’t been there before appeared before his eyes.

Two people grabbed him and forced Harry into the house, Ginny right behind him. Once they were all inside, the door was closed and locked with magic and a light turned on to reveal Albus Dumbledore, a woman with pink hair, and a bald, black man with a gold earring in his ear.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?!” Harry demanded moving so that his back was to a wall as he looked around to see that he was in a living room, surrounded by adults with wands out, though not pointed at him. “Why was I kidnapped?!”

“Harry, we’ve brought you here for your protection,” Albus Dumbledore began, but Harry spat at his feet before laughing darkly.

“My protection?” he snarled, ignoring the gasps and reprimands for what he had done. “Did it not occur to you that I was perfectly protected where I was?”

“Harry, I searched for you with a weak searching spell, and I found exactly where you were,” Dumbledore said, and Harry just laughed darkly.

“I guess you didn’t pay enough attention to realize that we were moving!” he exclaimed, pointing a finger at the entire room. “All of you have just kidnapped me, and I’m willing to bet my family just can’t wait to get their hands on you once they find you now that you’ve gone and done this.”

“You must calm down, Harry,” Dumbledore tried again, but Harry raised his wand and pointed it at the Headmaster.

“This isn’t school, Professor; you don’t control me here,” Harry stated truthfully. “Outside of school, my life is my own life. Do you not remember our conversation after the Chamber incident?”

The Weasley parents and two older redheads gasped when they heard him mention the Chamber like it was nothing, but not even Ginny moved out of the younger Weasleys. To them it was the past and nothing special, but the older Weasleys didn’t realize that Ginny had gotten over it, it seemed.

Recognition flashed briefly in Dumbledore’s blue eyes, and Harry knew he had made the beginning of his point.

“Well, this time I’m going to say it here, in front of a room full of witnesses, because I’m sick and tired of this!” Harry exclaimed as Ginny moved to stand by Harry, though her wand was pointed at the ground.

“I am a bloody person, not a chess piece for you to manipulate to do what you want me to!” Harry yelled, making a few people back away in shock at his anger. “First it was Quirrell and my broom, then bringing the Philosopher’s Stone into a school as if it wasn’t asking for trouble, and then the entire Chamber accident that almost ended up killing both Ginny and me along with all those students who got lucky! Then my third year, there were the Dementors that made me faint and shouldn’t have been anywhere near a castle full of students! Finally, we come back to last year and every single bloody Task I had to go through for the Triwizard Tournament when I’m three bloody years younger than I was supposed to be to enter!

“You could have stopped any of those, but you didn’t. What’s more, you’ve been lying to me my entire life. When my parents died that night, you sent me to the worst household possible with the Dursleys, and then you have the nerve to try and keep me there when a real family wanted to take me in!

“You are not God, and you do not control other lives,” Harry snarled. “I do not exist for you to lie to me and control me as if I’m nothing more than a puppet on strings that come off and reattach at your command! Until you bloody well realize this, I will repeat what I said three years ago: I will stop you from trying to control me using whatever means necessary.

“Now, let me go back home or I’ll have to force my way out, and I’m not afraid to do what I must to get free.”

Harry stood there, holly wand pointed right at Dumbledore’s torso as he glared at the Headmaster, his senses working to know where the others were and what they were doing.

“I’m sorry, Harry, but I cannot allow you to leave just to be kidnapped by Lord Voldemort,” Dumbledore said, the twinkle in his eyes long gone from Harry’s words.

Snarling, Harry threw up a shield to reflect the Stunners sent silently at him back at the castors, hitting at least five different people.

Stupefy!” Ginny called out over and over again, Stunning those her parents were working with for him. Harry caught the eyes of the twins and silently told them not to interfere, and they nodded as Harry jumped into action, Stunning people with a whisper as he and Ginny took turns shielding.

Finally, it was only Professors Snape, McGonagall, and Dumbledore left standing against the two teens, the twins and Ron watching from on the stairs where they were out of the way.

“Let me leave — now,” Harry snarled, barely out of breath even after shielding more than Ginny had as he had more raw power.

“How did you both manage that?” Professor McGonagall asked in surprise, looking around the room at the stunned Order members as her wand stayed steady, aimed at Harry.

“It’s called practice and the element of surprise,” Harry stated, glaring at Dumbledore, who was still in front of the door. “Now, are you going to let me go or will I have to force my way past the three of you? Because, just so you know, I don’t mind fighting all three of you to get out.”

Professor Snape lowered his wand, backing away just a step, but Harry understood; the Potions Master didn’t want to hold him here, not after watching that.

“Two against two, not bad odds,” Harry mused, startling the pair as they turned to realize Snape had backed down. “Stupefy!” Harry whispered, Stunning McGonagall in an instant, but Dumbledore shielded against Ginny’s curse.

“I’m afraid I cannot allow you to leave, Harry,” Dumbledore said, “especially not with Ms. Weasley.”

“Oh, Ginny’s just trying to help me get out of here,” Harry said off-handedly. “When I’m gone she’ll be staying here. So, are you going to let me go without another fight?”

“I cannot allow you to leave,” Dumbledore repeated as Harry sent out the strongest silent Stunner he could manage, not moving his wand a centimeter as it shot out towards Dumbledore, who raised a shield just in time.

Finally, too furious to control himself, Harry grabbed one of the basic, expendable throwing knives he kept on his person and threw it at Dumbledore, catching him by surprise as the knife lodged itself into the man’s wand arm, allowing Harry to run around the old man quickly. Reaching the door, Harry tapped it with his wand, trying to open it again.

“Professor, help,” Harry whispered to Snape, who had been standing by the door, but his Head of House looked Harry in the eye, and the young Slytherin realized that the man couldn’t help him.

Growling in frustration and defeat, Harry summoned his knife back to him, slightly enjoying the gasp of pain Dumbledore let out as he cleaned it and put it away before sliding his wand into his holster. Harry now knew that no one could summon anything from him as everyone with a colored Journal had a charm on his or her weapons to keep them from begin summoned by anyone but the owner.

“I will get out you know, right?” Harry told Dumbledore. The old man was trying to heal the deep wound in his arm that Harry was anything but sorry about.

“I’m sorry, Harry, but you won’t be leaving here until school starts,” the Headmaster said, and Harry glared at the man before gesturing to Ginny and the twins, passing Ron with a look that said to use the Journal at the first chance to talk.

The twins led the four to their room, and Harry locked it up with charms so strong that no one would be able to enter the room or hear anything from it until he released them, not even Moody’s eye.

“They. Are. Going. To. Pay,” Harry snarled as he shook with suppressed anger, his eyes glowing with power and anger.

Harry saw the fear in his friends’ eyes, but all of them knew that it was at the adults downstairs, not at anyone in the room, so Ginny went up to him and pulled him down for a kiss to calm him down. Not even the twins could complain when they saw how much Harry relaxed just kissing his girlfriend .



Tracey was frantic as they all realized that Harry was missing. All of the teens had gone to walk around the grounds while the adults packed, and Harry had just disappeared without a sign of where he was.

When her father had searched the wards, he found that a Portkey must have touched some part of Harry’s body outside the wards and then pulled the rest of him through the wards, meaning something must had made him step out of them slightly.

If only they knew what it was!

Right now they were at the Manor because it had the best protection, but it did nothing to calm down the worried Slytherin pacing around in her room with Draco, Astoria, and Daphne watching her, understanding in their eyes as they, too, were worried about Harry. Of course, to them he was a friend or brother, but to her, he was her twin.

Suddenly, her Journal was burning in her pocket, and Tracey froze as everyone pulled out their Journals, relieved to see that it was Harry pulling them into a conversation on the group mode.

Tracey: What happened to you?!

Harry: *Snarls* I got kidnapped by Dumbledore, and I can’t get out!

Fred: He and Ginny Stunned everyone in the Order but Snape and Dumbledore …

George: And that includes McGonagall!

Draco: How did you manage that?

Ginny: Pure anger and frustration.

Harry: Look, you four are going to have to talk through Ron as the adults will be watching the four of us more than Ron as they’re my close friends and Ron seems to be only an acquaintance. Try to use the adults to figure out a way to get me out of here.

Astoria: Maybe we can use the Journals to make a sort of… Portkey through them?

Tracey: Brilliant, Astoria! We’ll talk to the adults about it as soon as we’re done here.

Ron: I just got away. The adults are a mixture of shocked, upset, and furious, and it’s between Dumbledore and you depending on who’s feeling what. Pretty sure Snape is on your side, Harry.

Harry: Thanks mate. Ron, you’re going to have to be the one to talk to these four and the adults. The Order will be watching the four of us closely, so you’ll be freer to do what you wish. Pass on notes that are Disillusioned or so tiny it won’t be noticed if they’re in places I put my hand down like next to a glass or on my glassed or something.

Ron: Got it. I’ll get a hold of you four when I’m on, and you’ll heat up my Journal when you need me. If I can get away, I’ll do it as fast as possible. Just… Daphne, only heat it up once please.

Daphne: Why is it people are always telling me that?

Draco: Maybe because you heat it up so warm and so often we hate it? *Gets slapped upside the head* Ow! Hey! Get away from me!

Albus Dumbledore: Harry Potter! Get down here immediately!

Harry: *Groans* That’s my cue to get told off. I’ll talk to you all as soon as I can. Please, get me out of here!

Ron: They’ve got Mum angry at them, so I’d best go watch.


“We’d better go let the adults know what we found out,” Tracey said, putting her Journal away and heading downstairs.



“Th ey WHAT!?” Sirius exclaimed once Tracey had finished, and she backed away a bit. “I’m going to kill them for this!”

“Calm down Padfoot, we’ll get him back,” Remus said as Tracey whispered in her father’s ear about the idea Astoria had had.

“Very good idea, Astoria,” her dad complimented, and Astoria blushed. “Let’s fill the rest in and get started on bringing Harry home.”



“Mr. Potter, you will be serving detention with whomever I assign for you to have it with for the entire first month of school once we get back, starting September second,” Dumbledore said when he entered the room, and Harry burst out laughing.

“Why?” he asked through his laughter.

“For attacking two professors,” Dumbledore stated, and Harry just laughed harder while saying, “No,” through his laughter. “Why not, Mr. Potter?”

“Because, one, Professor, this isn’t school; two, I was kidnapped and fighting my kidnappers; three… oh, wait I don’t have a number three, never mind,” Harry said, still snorting a bit. “Seriously, though, the rules state you cannot punish me for something done outside of school, and if you try to bring up the case to the Ministry, I can just tell them you kidnapped me, and I’ll walk away unpunished while you get convicted for kidnapping. Your choice.”

“HARRY JAMES POTTER!” Molly Weasley yelled, and Harry looked at her blankly; he had been wondering when she’d blow. “You will not treat a professor like that! Serve the detention you obviously deserve! We are trying to protect you right now, and you’re making it almost impossible!”

Harry couldn’t help it: He burst into laughter again.

“Detentions I obviously deserve? I’m sorry, Mrs. Weasley, but I didn’t realize we were at Hogwarts; I could have sworn we were in London. As for protecting me, I was about to go under the Fidelius Charm myself before you all interfered and kidnapped me. We were at Tracey’s home to help them pack up their things before staying at our new home for the rest of the summer. If you hadn’t taken me away, I’d be with my family and some of my friends, just as protected as here and feeling a hell of a lot more comfortable.”

His friends looked at him in awe for standing up to their mother while the Order looked as if he had hit them upside the head with a Beater’s bat. If he hadn’t been so upset by the whole kidnapping thing, Harry would be finding this quite amusing to see.

“Can I go home now?” he asked politely, already knowing Dumbledore’s answer because Dumbledore liked to be in control and manipulate people.

“I’m sorry Harry, but it would be unsafe to move you for the rest of the summer as you cannot tell us where the home is,” was the reply, and Harry scowled before using his Occlumency to blank his face.

“Very well,” he said with no emotion, “but don’t expect me to be a willing prisoner while I’m here. I will do nothing unless I choose to, so do not even try to force me to do a thing.”

With that, Harry turned on his heel and went back to the twins’ room, Ginny and the twins following him silently as he closed the door and collapsed onto one of the beds, groaning as he covered his eyes.



“Prisoner ?” the woman with pink hair known as Nymphadora Tonks, though she only went by Tonks unless one wished to face her wrath, repeated with shock as the door upstairs was heard closing.

Ron watched as everyone in the room looked shocked by the very idea of it, unable to believe that it was possible. It seemed not a single person in the room had realized how someone like Harry would take the situation they had just forced him into, though Ron didn’t understand why they hadn’t thought about it before kidnapping him. It was obvious that someone removed from his or her home, friends, and family against his or her will would feel like a prisoner and resent it.

“None of you realize who you have just kidnapped and are holding against his will,” Professor Snape said softly in a voice the silenced the room as they all turned to face him. “This Slytherin boy with the famous scar on his head has more connections than almost any of you through the children of Hogwarts, and you’ve just made him furious. Mark my words, when his friends hear of this situation, not a single one of you will hear the end of this until he’s satisfied that you’ve all been punished in some way.

“I think you should all remember that Susan Bones is one of his closest friends, and her aunt is Amelia Bones.” Ron saw Aurors Tonks and Kingsley, the bald, black man, stiffen as they realized Harry had the ear of their boss. “You all jumped at the chance to help the Boy-Who-Lived, but not a single one of you thought before doing so to think about the consequences. I wish you all good luck as the Slytherin gains his revenge.”

With that, Professor Snape left by way of the Floo, leaving behind a stunned, silent room that Ron quickly left behind as well, heading upstairs to tell those Harry lived with of the ideas Snape had just given him, no matter how sickening the idea was of getting ideas from Professor Snape.

AN: Would now be a good time to mention that this is as close to “Dumbledore Bashing” as I’m ever going to get? And that this is the Ron I was telling you lot to wait for? Oh, and that this is the big explosion that truly begins the Harry/Dumbledore conflict of the series, which began back in Harry’s second year after the Chamber incident? Also, should I mention that this is my response to those of you commenting on Harry not seeing Ginny at all (Just as it was to my Beta when she mentioned it)?

Well, anyway, I believe I’m going to run and hide now, leaving you with a little nugget of information besides what’s above: There are 19 more chapters of this story to go.
Reviews 409
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear