Search:

SIYE Time:2:26 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Return of an Alpha
By Miz636

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Death, Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 409
Summary: For three years, Harry has been Becoming Alpha of Hogwarts. Now another Alpha is returning, bringing with him darkness, chaos, and battle. Watch as sides line up for war, and people and society change.
Hitcount: Story Total: 169566; Chapter Total: 4331





Author's Notes:
AN at the bottom.

Thanks for the Beta, Arnel. :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Six


Harry woke up screaming in pain and his hands over his lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Panting deeply, Harry closed his eyes against the pain that was slowly leaving him.

"Harry?" Sirius called as he ran from across the hall into Harry's room, Remus rushing up from downstairs along with Tracey and Ginny, who had decided to spend the night.

"Sirius!" he cried with his hands still on his scar and his eyes still tightly closed, though this time as he tried to hold onto the memories of his dream.

"What happened?" Remus asked, only slightly out of breath from the run up the stairs.

"Wormtail, Voldemort, a Muggle man!" Harry managed to get out past the little bit of pain he still felt.

"Tell us what you remember, Harry," Tracey said calmly, making the two men realize that having the two girls who knew Harry best there was probably a good thing.

"Voldemort and Wormtail were talking," he gasped as he fought to remember. "Something about a Ministry woman — Bertha something; she's dead. Told Voldemort about a loyal follower still there and they're going to go to him sometime in the near future. Going to use him to get to — get to…" Here Harry faltered, not wanting to tell them the rest.

Harry felt Ginny's hand on his back, smaller than Tracey's. She moved towards his ear and whispered into it. "Harry, just tell us the rest. We'll listen no matter how horrible. We're all here for you." He took strength from her quiet words and took a deep breath before continuing.

"He's going to use the servant to get to me, to kill me," he said, but he didn't stop there as he tried to remember the smallest details as they slipped away. "Mentioned something about waiting a few more months for me. Then a snake, Nagini, came in and mentioned a Muggle man outside the door. Voldemort killed him."

"Is that all?" Remus asked for the group, and Harry opened his eyes to see Remus was leaning against the doorway, pale. Sirius was sitting in his desk chair, head in his hands as he shook it. Tracey and Ginny were on either side of him.

"All I can remember," he replied softly, closing his eyes again and trying to take comfort from his friends.

"We'll have to tell Samuel and Daniel about this tomorrow," Remus said, probably to Sirius, Harry thought even though he wasn't looking.

"Do you think you can get more sleep, Harry?" Tracey asked quietly from beside him, and he opened his eyes to look at her worried face.

"I think so, but if I can't, I'll just go upstairs and train until I'm exhausted and sleep again," he replied.

"Why don't you three go do that now?" Sirius asked, speaking up for the first time. "All of us are awake and probably need something to do so that we can get rid of the adrenaline flowing through us right now."

"Plus the fear of the idea of Voldemort being after me," Harry muttered so quietly that Remus and Sirius couldn't pick up on it from the other side of the room but Tracey and Ginny could with their heightened hearing. "Sure," he said louder as he stood up slowly.

"Let's all go change," Ginny suggested. "We'll meet upstairs and run through some drills for a while."



"You okay, Harry?" Ginny asked as they walked into the attic, and he nodded.

"I'm fine," he said, not giving anything away on his face or in his voice.

"Then let's spar a bit," Tracey suggested from behind them.

Harry and Ginny faced off while Tracey watched.

Ginny aimed a roundhouse kick at Harry's head, but he blocked it and ducked lower before aiming a punch at her side. Ginny step-sided and aimed a few punches that Harry easily blocked. Harry then faked a few punches and kicks before throwing a strong backhand that caught Ginny in the side hard, though she barely made a sound before aiming a side kick at him.

When Harry caught the kick, he took advantage of it and swept her to the ground, getting a mount on her before Ginny knew what was happening, the speed of the move catching her off guard a bit. Figuring out what was happening, Ginny tried to force him onto his hands by bumping her body up, but he held his ground until she bumped him up and twisted him over in the same move so suddenly that she managed to roll him over.

Harry had Ginny in a guard, but they both knew that she was at an advantage because, if she got out of the guard, she would have the chance at a mount. Ginny tried to elbow her way out of the guard while keeping her arms to her chest, but Harry kept his legs around her tightly and grabbed an arm, fighting to pull it to him. Fighting with all she had, Ginny managed to continue trying to pull out of the guard while keeping her arms to herself.

Growling in frustration, Harry used more force and got her arm in his hold. Barely taking a moment to smile at his success, he took his right leg and spun it around Ginny's head, forcing her onto her back while still holding onto her left arm. Pressing his thighs together, Harry lifted himself from around her until Ginny used her other arm to tap the ground loudly.

Finally taking the chance to smile as he let go of Ginny and sat on his knees, catching his breath, Harry helped Ginny sit up. She was obviously upset that he had won, but she was also smiling as she panted. Both of them knew that if Harry hadn't been a few inches taller than her and weighed more, it would have been much tougher for him. Harry had been using his size and weight to his advantage while on the ground.

"That was amazing," Tracey said as she passed both of them a bottle of water. "You were both moving really fast, and it looked as if you had almost gotten out of Harry's guard there for a moment, Ginny. Nice job using more force so suddenly, Harry; that threw her off guard."

"Thanks, Tracey," Harry replied as he lifted the bottle to his mouth, taking a large drink before talking again. "Why don't the two of you fight before I fight with Trace? Tracey might be a bit taller than you, Gin, but she weighs less than I do."

Both girls nodded and he moved out of the way, taking Gin's bottle of water with him.

They faced off to one another and began sparring; all three knew that after Tracey and Harry had fought all three of them would have worked off enough steam and energy to go to sleep.



"He never gets a break, does he?" Samuel sighed as Remus finished explaining to him and Daniel what Harry had told them the night before.

"No, he doesn't," Sirius growled, his shock from the night before having turned into anger at Wormtail, or Peter Pettigrew, as he was once called.

"What do you think this means?" Remus asked the two men.

"I think it means the Dark Lord is returning," Daniel stated darkly, yet truthfully. "We'll have to tell our children to be careful this year, especially with the Triwizard Tournament going on; it would be the perfect time for unknowns to get into the school."

"Very true," Samuel agreed. "Well, we'll see you men at the Cup?"

"Of course," Sirius exclaimed, his anger dissipating at the mention of Quidditch. "Are you sure you and your family don't want to join the rest of us, Daniel?"

"I'm pretty sure the girls will disappear on us, but Elaine and I will use our tickets," Daniel admitted.

"Well, I told the Minister that I have enough tickets in the box he gave me that he should save the two Top Box tickets he had offered," Sirius admitted. "There are just too many adults not to sit with them. Besides, the other seats are right under the Top Box, so it'll be perfect anyway."

"We'll see you all tomorrow, then," Samuel said with a smile as the other three men got up and took their leave."



"Why does the Portkey have to leave at seven in the morning?" Daphne muttered darkly as she stood around in the living room of Grimmauld Place, waiting for their time to leave.

"You shouldn't really be complaining," Harry commented lightly as he tried to hold in a snort at Daphne's behavior. They had all been getting up at around five in the morning, yet she complained about this and not that? It made no sense to him.

"Why not?" she snapped at Harry. He figured she hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

"Because Ginny and the twins have spent the last hour complaining about the fact that they were up at like three in the morning and their Portkey left around five. Plus, they had to walk to it," he told her, smirking.

"That's just evil," Astoria muttered for the group, all of them feeling sorry for their Weasley friends.

"You should all be glad that the Ministry is still trying to make up for twelve years in Azkaban, then," Sirius told the group of kids as the adults walked in.

Tracey, Astoria, Daphne, Blaise, Neville, Hermione, Maya, Graham, and Natalie were all at their home, taking advantage of the Portkey the Ministry had sent straight to Sirius instead of making him walk somewhere for it. All of their parents — or grandmother, in Neville's case — were there as well.

Harry knew just by looking at his friends that all of the ones who had trained with weapons had them on them or in bags, just to be safe. It had been decided to warn their friends that Harry's scar had acted up after a dream that involved Voldemort, though they kept the fact that he was after Harry quiet. They had only informed the group of the dream so that their friends would realize they needed to be on guard from now on.

Looking at Maya, Graham, and Natalie, Harry realized that Maya was as close of a friend to him as anyone else with a colored Journal and was probably level with Luna in how much he trusted her.

Tracey caught his eye, and he knew that she had just been having the same thoughts. They would have to talk later on about what to do about it, and it would be a short, non-understandable conversation to anyone but them as they made some decisions.

"All right you all, the Portkey is about to go off," Remus called out, drawing everyone's attention. They all put a finger on the long rope that he and Sirius were holding up from either end.

The Portkey went off and dragged them with a pull on Harry's navel until they landed, most of the kids, including Harry, falling to the ground while the adults stayed standing. Sirius laughed at them until Harry kicked him in the thigh, very close to the one place he didn't want to be kicked; it shut him up very quickly.

"Sirius Black's Residence, seven-oh-one in the morning!" a voice called as the kids all untangled themselves and got up quickly, most of them very used to being tangled in some of the oddest positions.

Sirius and the adults dealt with the people collecting Portkeys and then led the teens off. It turned out that the Ministry had even provided a very large tent for the group, so they were all together, pleasing everyone.

When they finally reached the tent, they found it to be a large gray one that was even bigger on the inside, with a room for each of them and more plus a kitchen, living room, five bathrooms, and a dining room. Harry, who hadn't expected the magical tent, had whistled as he entered and then walked around the place in a bit of a daze until he adjusted to the idea.

Suddenly, his pocket heated up, and he knew the three Weasleys were being annoying again.

Harry: Are you really that bored?

Ginny: No, we're wondering where your tent is as you should all be here by now.

Tracey: Look for the huge gray tent with MM as well as SB on the outside; we're pretty close to the forest.

Ginny: Oh, we passed that tent on our way here. That thing's HUGE!

Harry: You're telling me…

Tracey: He wasn't expected the magical part of the tent. *Snickers*

Harry: Oh be quiet, Trace, before I steal Bast until we go to Hogwarts.

Tracey: You wouldn't!

Harry: Stolen her before, and I'll steal her again.

Ginny: Harry, stop it! Bast is her cat!

Harry: I know that Gin, but she was being a pain last night, so I stole Bast for the night so she'd shut up and go to sleep… She kept me up half the night!

Ginny: Hm… I'm with Harry on this one, sorry Trace.

Tracey: *Mutters under breath* You're always with Harry when it comes to something like this…

Ginny: And what is THAT supposed to mean?

Tracey: Whatever you want it to, Ginny; whatever you want it to.

Harry: STOP! Gin, you and the twins can come. Ron, too, if he's in the mood to be nice. Tracey, go annoy Hermione or something.

Both Girls: *Rolls eyes and signs off*

Harry: *Mutters* At least it's quiet again.

Tracey: I heard that!

Harry: Damn.




"The twins sent me ahead," Ginny said as she rushed into the tent. "Ron's coming. He wants to talk to you, Harry, and anyone else you decide he has to talk to. Just so you know, he's been acting a bit different all summer."

"Do you think he's finally pulled his head out of his arse and grown a pair?" Blaise called from his spot on a bunk bed in another room with an open door.

"Blaise!" Daniella exclaimed, knowing his mother wasn't with them.

"Probably," Ginny replied with a smirk as she held in a laugh at Blaise's word choice.

"Finally," Tracey, Blaise, Daphne, Hermione, and Neville sighed along with Harry, all of them having been there in first year when Ron had been a complete arse to them.

"He hasn't been that bad, guys," Ginny laughed as the others chuckled slightly.

"Gin, the way you've seen him, he's bloody tame!" Blaise exclaimed, and all of the others in Harry's year nodded, all of them agreeing with even the wording used.

"Hey, you lot!" Fred called out as he and George led Ron into the tent before the almost-fourth years could continue their case to Ginny and the others who hadn't been at school yet for their first year.

"Look who's decided to come out of hiding and join the big boys!" George added as he pushed Ron forward a little.

"Hey Ron, how bad were you in first year?" Ginny asked before anyone else could say anything.

"Uh… Er…" Ron couldn't say anything, which Harry knew was a bad thing when it came to Ginny.

"Threatened our good friends here, didn't he, Fred?" George said for Ron.

"Thought they were all Death Eaters in disguise and were blackmailing or using dark magic on our friends from the other Houses," Fred agreed.

"Stop!" Harry said as Ginny turned to Ron angrily and the twins looked to be continuing. "This isn't how we treat guests, friends, or family," he stated sharply, making all of the kids but Ron, Maya, Graham, and Natalie flinch slightly, recognizing the chastising their Alpha was giving them.

"Welcome Ron," he then said, turning to the youngest Weasley boy. "Sorry about your siblings, but they've been in a mood for a while, and waking up early this morning probably hasn't helped." Ginny began to growl quietly at Harry for his comment, but he gave her a sharp look, and she stopped, realizing that they weren't to be rude at all right now.

"We've all been up for a while," Ron said with a shrug as he walked further into the tent.

"I believe we should all go into the dining room and leave the living room for the kids," Remus said, almost dragging Sirius from the room as the others followed.

Harry slipped his wand from its holster and muttered a couple of spells so that Padfoot couldn't eavesdrop or sneak back in until they were done.

"What brings you to our neck of the woods, Weasley?" Blaise asked, and then he winced as Tracey elbowed him for using surnames again. "Sorry, I meant Ron."

"Well…" Ron started slowly, nervous now that they were all sitting in the living room of the tent without any adults in the room. "I've been thinking for a while now, ever since the end of our second year really, and I realized I never really gave you all a chance."

"Understatement," Hermione muttered quietly enough that only the Animagi had a chance of hearing, but Harry still gestured for Ginny to elbow her lightly.

"You see, I know my sister, and I realized that she wouldn't be friends with… well, with Death Eaters, whether junior ones or not," Ron said as he looked at his sister, who gave him a small smile.

"And the Gryffindor has a brain!" Blaise exclaimed under his breath from next to Harry, who elbowed him.

"I've been watching lately, and you're all just trying to make friends, not control people or anything… I'm sorry it took a while for me to figure it out, but… you can ask any of my siblings — I do things without thinking quite a lot." Ron rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment while the three other Weasleys in the tent nodded their agreement.

"Do you know what my group of friends and I believe?" Harry asked Ron, knowing that he couldn't be included unless he knew, understood, and agreed.

"Not really, but I can guess it has something to do with the Houses not mattering, since you're uniting them," Ron admitted.

"Again I say: The Gryffindor has a brain," Blaise muttered, accepting Harry's elbow without regret as he knew he had to say it.

"You've got part of it," Ginny told her brother, who looked at her, a bit surprised that she was the one answering instead of Harry.

"You see, you're right in that we believe that the Houses don't matter, but we also believe that blood doesn't matter," Hermione said, and Harry had to hold in his smile as he knew that they were answering to represent Gryffindor as it was his House. Ron again looked surprised that it wasn't Harry answering, but he was listening.

"So you're saying that not only do you not care if a person is in any House, but you don't care if they're Pureblood, Half-blood, or Muggle-born?" Ron asked in disbelief, and everyone nodded. "But Slytherins… Purebloods…" Ron couldn't say a full sentence through his shock.

"Ron, we were all eleven when we were Sorted," Harry said, taking over again. "Do you really think everyone is stuck in their ways by that age? Anyone can change if given another option that seems better, or just offered a chance. All I've done these past three years is shown another way of looking at things to everyone I can, and most take it."

"Even Theo, who was raised by a Death Eater, decided he preferred Harry's way of thinking to his father's," Daphne told Ron, who stared at them all in disbelief.

"All Harry did was exactly what happened with Lockhart: The seeds of doubt were laid, and everyone has seen for themselves what they want to see," Tracey said softly. "Harry told us of another way to live, but he did nothing more than clear another path; we chose whether to follow it or not. When the notes about Lockhart were passed around, all it did was make people realize that he might be a fraud, and everyone realized he was one after having him for a single class; no one forced the idea on them."

"So all you're doing is giving them another choice and letting them decide?" Ron asked to be sure he was hearing right, and everyone nodded. "How are you doing it, though? I mean, I can see how you lay the ideas out just by talking, but how do they prove it to themselves?"

"We sit in a class with another House and talk with someone of a different type of blood," Maya said. "All we do is talk and work together, and we all realize that what Harry says is true: We're all kids, just raised differently and with different traits."

"Ron," Fred began.

"Do you think Muggle-borns are beneath you, or Half-Bloods, just because you're a Pureblood?" George finished.

"Of course not!" Ron exclaimed.

"And do you think someone from another House, even Slytherin, is instantly evil or good or neutral or stupid or smart or anything other than just another person with different traits?" Ginny asked.

"I used to, but… not anymore," Ron sighed.

"Ron, can you see the thing in Ginny's hands?" Harry asked the final question as Ginny pulled out her red Journal with gold lining.

"Ginny, where in the world did you get that Journal?" Ron asked his sister in pure shock and amazement.

"He's changed," Harry stated with a smile. He slipped off of the couch he was sitting on and went to his bag, pulling out a black Journal before going back to where Ron was sitting.

"Ron, do you agree with everything we do?" Harry asked in a formal voice.

"Yes," he stated as he stood up, realizing something important was happening.

"Do you promise to keep all of this a secret from anyone except someone who already knows?" Harry asked, still sounding like someone from a courtroom.

"Yes," Ron repeated.

"And do you promise to both listen to Hermione or me when we tell you something and to convince your friends of these ideas?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Ron said again with only a moment of hesitation as he thought about the question.

"Then this," Harry held out the black Journal that had never been claimed before, "belongs to you now."

Ron grabbed the Journal, and Harry could tell that it had just added his name to the magic within all the Journals as well as accepted Ron as its owner. Ronald Weasley was now officially part of the Journal group.

AN: Well? How was that for an ending? *Grins innocently and imagines opinions on how fourth year will turn out changing as you read this AN* So... Review and let me know your thoughts on the turn of events, maybe? Thanks! :)
Reviews 409
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear