Search:

SIYE Time:18:13 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Do I Really Love You?
By Harmonys Twist

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 4
Summary: Ginny likes Harry. And isn't afraid to show it. But Harry keeps pushing her away. Is it really because of the reasons he gives her? Or is he just trying to hide his feelings. Feelings he's never felt before. Feeling that scare him to death.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2546



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


It was the middle of the night when Harry woke up. He had no idea as to why he suddenly sat up in bed. Usually it was because he had just had a bad dream, about Voldemort, or his scar was hurting. But, he had just been having a dream, the ones where you can't remember what it was, but they were good. Harry let out an annoyed sigh, and fell back down onto the pillows, stretched out on his bed, and was about to go to sleep again, when he found source that had woken him up.

Ginny Weasley was sitting on the end of his bed.

"G-Ginny? What are you doing here? Is there something wrong? What's happened? What are you doing here? Is someone hurt?" Harry asked as he grabbed his wand off the bedside table.

"No, Jeez, nothings wrong at all. Are you always like this when you wake up?"

"No, only when I wake up to something out of the ordinary"

"Well, I didn't know I was that 'out of the ordinary'."

"No," he sighed, "That's not what I meant. It's just, wouldn't you be a little freaked out if you woke up to find me sitting on the edge of your bed?" Harry tried to explain.

"Yea, I guess, when you put it that way... but no, nothings wrong. We just came to pick you up, and they sent me in to tell you to grab your things. My parents are outside. We're going to take you to the Burrow. You're staying with us the rest of the summer. And you better hurry, before your Aunt and Uncle wake up and find two wizards waiting in a floating car outside of their house."

Harry quickly got up to get everything packed and ready to go. BIG Mistake. The only clothing he was wearing was a black pair of boxers. Well, it wasn't his fault, how was he supposed to know visitors were coming at half past midnight. He glanced over at Ginny, to see her blushing and looking at his bed. He quickly searched his room to find a pair of pants and shirt to pull on.

After letting Hedwig out, he placed her cage in his trunk, then made sure everything was inside before having Ginny help him load it into the waiting car. Putting his wand in his back pocket, he turned to Ginny.

"Okay, I'm ready to leave. But, uh, where's Ron?"

"Ron is at the Burrow, with Hermione," she said, looking confused. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering why it wasn't him that came and got me. Not that I mind you coming to get me, its just that, well, he has always came before, and... well, not you."

"Oh," she said, laughing. "We couldn't get him up to come and get you. He was completely out when I went up to his room. I don't know how he sleeps like that."

"I can believe that," Harry laughed.

They climbed out his window and into the floating Ford. As they flew away, Harry looked back at Little-Whingings, glad to not have to look at that pathetic neighborhood for almost a full year.

It had been two weeks since Harry had woken to find Ginny sitting on his bed, and he was enjoying life at the Burrow. It was his birthday tomorrow, and although he had tried to make Mrs. Weasley not make a big fuss over it, they were going to have a small party. At least she had listened when he told her only a small amount of people.

Today though, Molly was running around the house cleaning, scrubbing, washing, and leaving everyone else feeling very much in the way. So, after asking for the millionth time whether or not Molly needed help, and getting a no once again, they left the house, all carrying broomsticks and a very beat up old quaffle.

By the time they returned to the house, there wasn't a speck of dirt to be found. Molly, looking about ready to fall asleep, told them dinner was waiting on the table, and to not track any dirt in the house before she practically fell up the stairs, heading for her bedroom.

The others, just as tired after spending a long afternoon messing around outside, ate a rather hasty dinner and followed suit.

When Harry awoke he could smell bacon and eggs, but, as he made to get up out of bed, the small mountain of presents at the end of it distracted him.

Sirius had gotten him a new broom, a LiteRacer, the newest and fastest broom on the market. Said to weigh half as much as a firebolt, and travel three times as fast. "It's the closest thing to the speed of light!" was posted under the all pictures in diagon alley. Harry nearly drooled as he finished unwrapping the package.

Lupin had gotten Harry a book on defense spells, and Ron had given him a Chudley Cannon poster, still trying to make Harry as big a fan as he. Hermione had bought him a quiddich cleaning supplies kit and Ginny had given him a box of chocolates. Molly had knitted him a Gryffindor, golden and crimson striped stripped scarf.

Harry walked downstairs and was greeted by all the Weasleys, Lupin, Sirius, and Hermione. They all wished Harry a Happy Birthday, and Molly gave him a plate full of bacon, eggs, pancakes, biscuits, and sausage.

After breakfast, Harry, the twins, Ron and Ginny all went outside to try out Harry's new broom. Ron nearly hyperventilated when Harry gave him his old one.

At dinner that evening, everyone from breakfast was still there, plus Hagrid came to wish Harry a happy birthday and to give him a gift, which turned out to be a book on how to take care of dragons. Surprise, surprise. After everyone had finished dinner, the cake was brought out. It was in the shape of a snitch. After everyone had had their fill of cake, they all got glasses of butterbeer, and sat to visit for a while before heading home.

That night, all the Weasleys and Hermione were going to their separate rooms, and after saying goodbye to Sirius, Harry did the same. But he was stopped halfway up the stairs by Ginny.

"Hey, Harry, happy birthday," she looked like she was trying to say something else, but couldn't get it out.

"Thanks..."

"Uhh, Harry?"

"Yea?"

"I, um, well never mind, happy birthday again, and uhh, talk to you later. Night."

Harry wondered what that was all about.

It had been two and a half weeks since Harrys birthday party, and they had just finished picking up Hogwarts supplies. Ron had convinced Molly and Arthur to let the four of them have a few hours of free time, and after getting the okay, they went to the small shops.

They were just glancing at the merchandise as they walked past stores, window shopping, when Hermione decided that they all should get a find rat or something for Ron, since Pig wasn't much of an animal. More like a big, fluff ball of energy. Harry, not really wanting to spend his two hours in a pet shop listening to Ron and her bicker back and forth, politely declined. Ginny decided to stay with him, apparently she had the same idea. After agreeing to meet up at Flourish and Blotts, Ron and Hermione left to go find the pet shop, while Harry and Ginny headed in no apparent direction.

"So," Harry said, trying to make small talk, but finding nothing really to talk about. He let the sentence hang, hoping she would pick it up.

"So, what?" she asked amused.

"Uh, Oh! What were you going to ask me on my birthday right before we went to bed?" Harry asked. It gave them something to talk about at least.

"What?"

"You know, on my birthday, right before we were all going to bed, you stopped me, and wished me a happy birthday, but, it seemed like you wanted to say more…"

"Well, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday, that's it, nothing else, just Happy Birthday, nothing more, zip, nada, just Happy Bir-"

"Yea, okay, I get it," he laughed, cutting her off and making her blush.

"So.." said Ginny, trying to break the awkward silence.

"So..."

"This sucks, we can't even carry a conversation," laughed Ginny.

Harry laughed along with her. "You wanna go get ice cream? I mean, its not like Ron and Hermione are going to be back very soon, they're probably fighting over which color the animal should be, if they have even agreed on an animal yet."

"Sure, yea, I mean, it's not like there's anything else to do."

They sat in front of Flourish and Blotts, eating their ice-cream, and waiting for Ron and Hermione. It was getting to their 2 hour limit, when they were supposed to come home, and there was no sign of them. Harry didn't know whether to be annoyed, or worried. He voiced his concern to Ginny.

"Oh, they're fine Harry, if I were you, I would settle on annoyed. Their either still fighting, or their snogging."

He had to laugh at that one, "Snogging..hmm, I would settle on the fighting part, they're still too thick headed to realize their feelings.

They collapsed into fits of laughter. Even though what he said wasn't even remotely funny.

"What's so funny?" asked Ron. Walking up behind them.

"Nothing," Harry says, as they both join them. Well, truthfully, he really didn't have clue.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear