Search:

SIYE Time:9:57 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Truth And Consequences
By ginnyweasley777

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 52
Summary: Harry and Ginny spend some time alone the night before Harry leaves on the Horcrux hunt. All actions have conseqences, as they find out.
Hitcount: Story Total: 24292; Chapter Total: 2552





Author's Notes:
Crikey, it's a long time since I updated this, but I'm finally getting round to finishing it.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Truth And Consequences
Chapter Five: And when it all starts coming undone

Trio here, going to fight. Tell Order. Arrive at Hogs Head.

Ginny looked in astonishment at her DA galleon and the message that Neville had just sent her. The trio was at Hogwarts…Harry was at Hogwarts…they were going to fight.

She stood up and made her heavy way downstairs. ‘Fred! George!’

The twins stood their heads out of the back room. ‘What’s up?’

‘They’re at Hogwarts, they’re going to fight,’ she exclaimed breathlessly.

‘Who? How do you know?’

She held up the coin. ‘Neville sent me a message. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are there. They’re all going to fight. He said to tell the Order and arrive at the Hogs Head.’

Suddenly all serious, Fred and George pulled out their wands. ‘All right, we’ll tell Mum and Dad and they can let everyone else know, and then we’re going over there.’

‘But what about me?’ asked Ginny.

Fred and George looked at her in surprise. ‘You can’t come, Ginny, you know that.’

She sighed. ‘I know, but how am I going to know what‘s happening?’

‘What going on?’ asked Molly, coming out of the kitchen with Arthur following close on her heels.

‘It’s time,’ said George seriously. ‘Hogwarts.’

Arthur nodded. ‘I’ll let the Order know.’

‘You can get in through the Hogs Head somehow,’ called Ginny as he hurried away.

‘Right, we’ll go and let Lee and a few others know first and then we’ll be over there,’ said Fred. ‘You stay here, Ginny.’

Molly’s face paled but she nodded. ‘All right, we’ll follow straight away. You stay here with Muriel, Ginny. Someone will send word when…’ She trailed off and hurried back into the kitchen.

The twins turned back to Ginny. ‘And don’t you think you should tell Mum and Dad about your not-so-little-anymore secret?’ asked Fred, raising his eyebrows pointedly as he looked at her swollen stomach.

‘Yeah, because this is such a good time to spring it on them,’ she replied sarcastically.

‘Fine, just don’t complain at us when she murders you then.’

Her heart beat fast and hard in her chest and she shook her head. ‘It isn’t the right time…not now.’

The twins looked at each other and shrugged. ‘Your choice.’ They both gave her a quick hug before hurrying out into the garden to Disapparate.

***


The next twelve hours were the worst ever for Ginny. It was agony to stay there in the house with her Great-Aunt Muriel and wait…and wait…and wait some more. She spent most of the time staring blankly at nothing in particular, her thoughts and mind at Hogwarts with the rest of her family and Harry, waiting while they fought for their lives.

Muriel came tottering back downstairs just as dawn was starting to break, although how she had been able to go to sleep, Ginny didn’t have a clue.

‘You’re still sitting down here, girl! I don’t see what good it can do,’ she exclaimed callously.

‘You would know,’ muttered Ginny as she shifted in her seat and stretched her back.

‘And what’s that supposed to mean? You ought to have more respect for me!’

‘Don’t you care that everyone is at Hogwarts fighting?’

‘It’s all just swings and roundabouts,’ retorted Muriel. ‘No one should have let You-Know-Who get so powerful in the first place, then there wouldn‘t be all this nonsense now.’

Ginny stood up and opened her mouth to argue but inhaled sharply at the fierce pain in her stomach. She lowered herself back to the chair as Muriel left the room and told herself that it was just the baby moving around.

She sat for a few minutes and then shifted awkwardly and winced again as the baby pummelled hard inside her.

‘What’s wrong with you, girl?’ asked Muriel as she returned to the room, ‘I’m not surprised you’re stiff though, that chair always was uncomfortable.’

‘I’m having a baby,’ she said quietly, ‘I‘m due any day now. She didn’t quite know what made her say it, but once she had it felt as though a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Muriel blinked silently for a few seconds before she regained her voice. ‘Well, I’m not exactly surprised; I said your dress was far too low-cut at the wedding…you youngsters have got no self-respect these days.’

Ginny just gaped at her. But suddenly a silver weasel appeared in the air between them, surprising them both. ‘Battle over - we won. Perhaps you’d better Floo over, Ginny,’ it said in her father’s voice.

There was something in the tone of his voice that didn’t sound right - it was unmistakably his Patronus - but something was seriously wrong.

Ginny debated for a few seconds, not knowing if she should use the Floo in her condition, but then another, stronger pain came. She made up her mind and stood up. ‘I’m going to Hogwarts,’ she said.

‘I’d have thought St Mungos would be better in your condition,’ commented Muriel.

Ginny shook her head and walked over to the fireplace. ‘Madam Pomfrey is there…she already knows.’

Muriel raised her eyebrows sceptically. ‘And yet you apparently haven’t even told your own mother?’

Ginny ignored her and took a pinch of Floo Powder. She threw it into the flames and took a deep breath before stepping in. ‘Hogwarts!’

After much spinning, Ginny half stepped and half fell out of the fireplace in Professor McGonagall’s office. The baby kicked reassuringly inside her as she clambered up. She walked carefully over to the door and opened it.

The corridor outside looked as if a bomb had hit; there was no glass in the window opposite and great chunks of stone and debris littered the floor. A pool of blood filled the centre of the floor, offering a chilling insight into just what the battle had been like. She stepped carefully around it, trying not to think about what had happened or who it had come from, and began to wind her way through the castle.

She wasn’t sure where to go, but everywhere else seemed to be deserted except for the evidence of the battle. As she reached a staircase a rumble of voices reached her from the direction of the Great Hall below.

She made her way down to the Entrance Hall, which also bore scars from the battle; the huge oak doors were hanging off and more bloodstains filled the floor. The giant hourglasses which counted the house points were smashed and their contents were strewn across the floor like flotsam. With a feeling of trepidation, she approached the Great Hall.

The first thought that struck her as she took a few steps inside was that it was pandemonium. A shudder ran through her as she saw the long line of bodies laid along the side wall with families and friends alike grouped around them weeping. Still more people were sat at what remained of the house tables, nursing injuries. And in the centre of it all was Bellatrix Lestrange being restrained by Kingsley Shacklebolt and another Auror who were trying to drag her from the hall put she was struggling madly.

She tore her eyes away from the mad witch and looked around the packed hall for her family. She saw other faces she recognised: Parvati and Padma Patil with their arms around each other but unhurt, Oliver Wood with a deep scratch down his face, and countless others, but still not the ones she was looking for.

Then everything happened in a blur and for a few seconds Ginny didn’t quite know how it happened. There was a flash of light and Kingsley and the other Auror were thrown away from Bellatrix, who then was laughed manically as she fired a curse at Harry with a sound like an explosion. He barely managed to get a shield up in time, but the curse was so powerful that it blasted straight through it.

Ginny watched, rooted to the spot by fear, as Harry flew backwards through the air as if in slow motion and landed with a sickening crunch against one of the house tables before sliding to the ground in a heap.

‘Harry!’ screamed Ginny as she started to weave towards him without a second thought. She had only managed a few strides when a jet of green light missed the side of her face by a hairs breadth; it was so close she felt the wind as death rushed past her.

‘Not my daughter, you bitch!’ screamed Molly Weasley as she sprung forward, elbowing aside others who moved to help.

It was a sight terrible to behold as Bellatrix and Mrs Weasley fought, wands flashing savagely through the air, the floor beneath their feet cracking with the heat and power of their spells.

Her baby kicked inside her again and Ginny moved cautiously towards Harry as Bellatrix stopped laughing and realised what a formidable opponent Molly Weasley was. Torn between her mother and Harry, Ginny saw Bellatrix shudder and drop to the ground as Molly’s lethal curse hit.

She turned to where a crowd had gathered around Harry. She pushed Hermione aside and saw Harry’s face, stark white and contrasting vividly with the pool of blood which surrounded his head. Her stomach turned as she felt her mother’s hand on her back.

Before she knew it, Madam Pomfrey was elbowing the crowd aside and bending over Harry. Her expression was grave as she began moving her wand over him in a complicated pattern and a blue haze shimmered over him for a few seconds. She waved her wand again and a bandage appeared and began to wind itself around his head. The blood soaked through the layers within seconds.

Tears formed in Ginny’s throat and a ball of fear lodged itself in her gut, gnawing away at her insides like a monstrous beast. She watched, helpless, as Madam Pomfrey conjured a stretcher and levitated him onto it.

Ron and Hermione began to clear a path through the people for Madam Pomfrey and the stretcher. Just as Ginny prepared to follow them all across the Great Hall, a contraction ripped through her again and she doubled over in pain.

‘Ginny?’ exclaimed her mother, ‘what’s wrong? Did you get hit…’

Madam Pomfrey turned and Ginny met her gaze. A moment of understanding passed between the two. ‘Come up to the hospital wing,’ she said.

‘Ginny, what’s going on?’ asked Mrs Weasley again anxiously as she supported her daughter out of the hall.

Ginny waited until they had left the crowds of people behind before she answered her. ‘I’ve gone into labour,’ she said quietly.

A look of confusion crossed her mother’s face. ‘But, but you’re not pregnant!’

‘Yes, I am…there’s a Concealment Charm…’

She gasped. ‘All this time, and you never told me!’

‘Mum!’ exclaimed Ginny, ‘I wanted to, honestly, but I just couldn’t…it was too risky.’ She stumbled as pain seared through her stomach.

Molly caught her arm again and steadied her. ‘You’d better give me a good explanation later, Ginny, or so help me…’

***


Several hours later an exhausted Ginny held her sleeping son close. The curtains parted and her mother appeared, Ron at her shoulder. Molly’s face softened as she looked at her grandson, but Ron remained tight-lipped.

Ginny took a deep breath and prepared to explain, but her mother cut her off. ‘There’s something I need to tell you…’

‘Is Harry…’ She couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence.

‘No, he’s sleeping…it’s Fred…’ Molly choked and wiped her eyes.

An ill feeling rose up in Ginny. ‘What…’

‘He died, Ginny…in the battle.’

Tears rolled freely down Ginny’s cheeks. ‘But…’

‘He died laughing,’ said Ron, looking at his feet.

Mrs Weasley sobbed again and struggled to speak. ‘He didn’t get to meet this little one.’

‘He, he already knew,’ said Ginny quietly as she shifted her son so she could wipe her own eyes. Both Ron and her mother looked at her accusingly. ‘Fred and George figured it out, but I swore them to secrecy.’

‘And what about Harry, does he know? I’m going to kill him when he wakes up,’ said Ron angrily.

‘Ron!’ exclaimed Mrs Weasley.

‘No, he doesn’t know…I haven’t seen him - any of you - since you left. And you’d do well to remember that it wasn’t just Harry - I had a part in this too, so if you’re going to be angry at anyone, then you can be angry at me, Ron!’ exclaimed Ginny fiercely while trying not to wake her baby.

Ron turned red. ‘You’re only sixteen!’

‘I’m perfectly well aware of how old I am, thank you, and it’s not like we intended for this, it just…happened.’

Ron turned an even brighter shade of red and shuffled his feet. ‘I’ll go and see the others,’ he said and slid away.

Molly sunk down into the chair next to the bed. ‘Ginny, dear…’

Ginny sighed. ‘Don’t, Mum. I kept it a secret from you because I was only trying to protect you all. I was at school when I found out…and there was a no way I could get out or send word, and even if I could then you’d all have been at an even bigger risk because of me.’

‘It would have been worth it,’ she replied softly, looking at the small baby with the tuft of black hair. ‘But why didn’t you tell me once we were at Muriel’s?’

‘Fred…’ She swallowed hard. ‘…and George wanted me to, but I didn’t want to worry you, and I’d been lying for so long all ready…I was scared,’ she admitted. ‘I still am - what if Harry doesn’t wake up, or is angry at me and doesn’t want to know!’

Molly put her arm around her and hugged her. ‘You’ll still have us. I won’t pretend it’s going to be easy for you, but you you’ve always got us. And I’m sure Harry won’t be angry at you.’

‘I love him, Mum.’

She smiled. ‘I know, Ginny. I could see the way you looked at him at the wedding, even though Ron had told us you‘d broken up.’ The baby gave a soft cry and shifted in Ginny’s arms. ‘I think he’s hungry.’

‘Yeah,’ replied Ginny, looking down at her son with love in her eyes.

‘I’ll leave you two in peace while I go and see how the others are.’

‘Thanks, Mum,’ said Ginny softly as she slipped quietly out.
Reviews 52
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear