Search:

SIYE Time:15:01 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Head Girl
By Susie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Rating: R
Reviews: 7
Summary: How do Harry and Ginny cope with life's ups and downs between the Second Wizarding War and their marriage outlined in the Epilogue of Book 7? Harry/Ginny=Love!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3165



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
What did you think?




ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter had many hopes and dreams after the defeat of Voldemort. He grieved for those who had been lost and hoped that he would not forever be defined as 'the chosen one' who had helped to vanquish the most evil wizard of all time. He wanted to figure out who he was, become an Auror to preserve the peace that had at last dawned on the wizarding world and make himself worthy of the love that Ginny, Ron, Hermoine and his friends bestowed on him.

Other people had other ideas about his future. Some — mainly Death Eaters who had evaded capture — plotted his destruction. Others — mainly Ministry of Magic workers who were jealous of his success — plotted to be promoted ahead of him. Some — mainly ambitious writers for the Daily Prophet — plotted a variety of stories about Harry's alleged early adventures as a trainee Auror or dalliances with beautiful witches in need of his protection.

All of this made it hard for Harry to cope with the first few months of his training. Hermione, Ron, Neville and Ginny did what they could to encourage him — generally by acting like normal — although Harry's semblance of normality seemed forever lost.

Just after his Eighteenth birthday, a pleasant evening of Molly's cooking, Ginny's kisses and Arthur's stories — Harry received a Howler from his girlfriend. He had been reading over a manual about "Stealth and Tracking" when the offending envelope caught him by surprise.

Harry had taken his feet off his crammed desk at once — trying to aim his wand at the Howler before it continued its rant. Ron, Kingsley, Neville, Savage, Robards and Proudfoot all gathered around and Harry could hear stifled laughter.

"….Actually kissing her, Harry! You can't tell me that that was trick photography! You're lips are on her skin and it's on the front page! And it says that you were 'taken by her!' Just an assignment, huh? That's what you said when we talked on the Floo last week — well, answer me this — Why would the escaped Death Eaters target her? She's like a Glamazon and she's not related to anyone in the Order. It's all so humiliating! I've got to go back to school soon and everyone will know and…" The howler ended in what sounded like Ginny in a flood of tears.

"Poor Ginny," Ron sobered up and the others stopped laughing, too.

"I'll get the Prophet to print a retraction again," Kingsley sighed. "I have to keep reminding them that you're all teenagers. They can't keep printing these 'scandals' without it hurting some of your friend's feelings."

Harry nodded and quietly thanked him.

"How about you guys head home a bit early," Kingsley added. "I believe a birthday gift or two might help fix things."

"You're a great boss!" Ron exclaimed, looking forward to seeing Hermione and to giving Ginny her birthday present.

"I'll just pack a few things," Harry agreed, grateful that the Aurors were so understanding but apprehensive about his reception at the Weasley's home. He hastily wrote a note and grabbed one of the Ministry's owls — hoping that Ginny would accept his explanation.

A while later they had made their way out of the Ministry — Neville going with them for the special occasion.

"Race you!" Ron called as they apparated near The Burrow. Neville chased after him, chuckling, but Harry hung back, lost in his thoughts.

A warm, August breeze ruffled his hair as he approached the ramshackle home. He glanced up at the upper windows — catching a glimpse of a long, red mane. Harry's heart leapt into his throat and he hoped that he would be able to make things right with Ginny.

She must have sensed his unease because before he had even reached the cosy kitchen, Ginny was standing before him.

"Hi," he said awkwardly, "Happy birthday, Ginny."

"Thank you, Harry," she replied, smiling warmly and closing the distance between them.

Her lips pressed against his and her familiar scent made him relax into the embrace. Harry's fingers roamed over the soft skin of her bare arms as he kissed her more deeply and tenderly.

"Hmm," she caught her breath, looking intently into his brilliant green eyes. "You certainly know how to apologise! But, it's me… it's me that should apologise… I hope I didn't embarrass you too much and…"

"It's okay," Harry smiled, keeping one hand hooked around her waist and using the other to run his fingers through her hair. "You realise that 'The Daily Prophet' isn't going to print a retraction every time they make up a story about me, right?"

Ginny nodded, blushing, "And… and I really am sorry, Harry. I should have realised that you weren't 'in love' with Gwenog Jones' niece. I feel so silly… I guess, I guess I've been angry about a lot of things that… that I couldn't control or change… and, and getting upset about this… being all jealous about my boyfriend was kind of normal and…"

"I understand, Ginny," Harry said "I'm just relieved that I won't have to use any of my Auror Training to deflect your hexes."

She smiled and pulled him closer, resting her head on his chest beneath the starry sky.

"You want to talk about it at last?" Harry asked hopefully, knowing that the loss of Fred was the main thing she would change if she had a time-turner strong enough.

"I'm… I'm sad…and mad… and… guilty… and lots of things," Ginny whispered.

Harry kissed her beautiful hair, holding her tightly. "As long as we've got each other, Ginny," he replied. "That's what matters. We can't change the past, but we can make a future together, hmm?"

"Yes," she whispered, kissing his neck, her lips tingling as they brushed against his stubbled jaw.

"Time for your present?" Harry murmured.

"Yes!" Ginny replied, brightening and trying to not feel bad about enjoying something despite the tragic and confusing loss of her brother.

"Here," Harry said with a flourish — standing back and holding out a small, wrapped package.

Ginny smiled as she realised that a small audience had gathered in the doorway behind her.

"Hello Harry!" several people called and he returned the greetings, smiling at the way that Ginny blushed.

"You are welcome inside," Ron teased him, his arm tight around Hermione's waist. Hermione shushed him, causing the rest of their friends to laugh.

Ginny untied the bow and carefully removed the golden paper. Inside, the small jewellery box was as soft as velvet. She glanced up at Harry's expectant face.

He beamed at her, "I promise it's not one the prank ones that Fred and George designed. Nothing's going to bite you."

Ginny smiled hesitantly and opened the small box. A beautifully crafted ring — with a large emerald in the centre- shone up at her. "It's… it's beautiful."

"Well, then, it's perfect for you," Harry replied, surprised that she seemed so stunned. Didn't she realise how much he loved her? "It was my mother's." Harry told her.

To his surprise, Ginny spun on her heel and darted into The Burrow. Her family and friends were puzzled and tried to comfort her to no avail.

"Nice one, mate," Ron tried to joke to break the tension. It fell flat as Harry apologised for the delay to dinner and went in search of the woman he loved.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear