Search:

SIYE Time:22:09 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The War on Terror
By Sexyduck

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 9
Summary: Three years after the end of the war, trouble arrives again in the shape of suicide bombers in 9-11. This story shows the aftermath and response of the Wizarding World.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2536



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. Love, Sexyduck



Author's Notes:
This idea came form nowhere and almost blew my mind. I've never heard of this being done and I think it has potential. Saying that also includes the fact that I'm a lousy writer and will kill any and all potential it has.

This is my second fic and This was typed up pretty quickly so tell me what you think. Also I would like to thank Kimbovet for helping me develop my ideas a bit better.




ChapterPrinter



September 11th, 2001

Harry Potter was in the Pentagon in Washington D.C on Ministry business. He had just finished up talking to the Secretary of the Navy when out of nowhere he heard a strange whining noise. It rapidly got louder until it was nearly deafening and then, all hell broke loose. The building shook and he heard screams. He ran into the hallway and pulled out his wand. Screw the Statute of Secrecy. He sprinted towards the continuous screaming while everyone else ran the other way. The building was still shaking but not like it had at first.

He kept running looking for the source or sources of the screams. He saw a cloud of dust ahead and slowed down, approaching cautiously. When he saw what happened he had to stop. There was a chunk of the building about a hundred feet wide all the way through the building. There were injured and dead people everywhere. He was frozen on the spot by the damage done before him and wondered what could have caused it. He saw the wreckage of what looked like a muggle airplane.

Then a piercing scream tore him back to reality. He remembered why he was there and ran to the nearest person. It was an older woman with dark hair. She had a support beam for the building on top of her. Harry gathered his energy and slowly levitated the beam off her. Thanks to the training all Aurors go through he knew how to patch her up until she could get serious aid. He then put her to sleep with a simple drowsiness charm.

He worked like this all through the level he was on until he got to the edge where the plane had went through the building. He hoped that the crash had disabled the Anti-Apparation wards as he turned. He then appeared right on the other side of the gap.

He proceeded doing the same as he had on the other side. Then he heard a massive groaning and felt the building start to shake. The part of the floor he was on was sinking. The building was collapsing even more. With a hurried levitation charm he struggled to hold the floor where it was. His magic quickly draining, he basically crawled to safety dragging the injured with him. He made four trips this way before his Magic gave out and he faded to unconsciousness.


TWT


September 12th, 2001

Why is everything so fuzzy….. Where am I?

Harry woke up in an unfamiliar room that looked dreadfully familiar to a smaller version of the Hospital Wing. There were people all around him composed primarily of the Weasley clan plus Hermione. There was also a man he didn’t recognize in an expensive looking suit. Ginny was the first to notice Harry was awake and gave him a hug.

“Don’t Ginny! You’ll hurt him!” warned Hermione.

“No I won’t. He passed out from Magical Exhaustion, he’s not injured.” Ginny responded quickly.

“Where am I?” Harry asked.

“This is Sir Charles’ Magical Hospital in Arlington, Virginia.” Mr. Weasley responded. “They work with St. Mungo’s.”

“Oh.” Then addressing the stranger in the suit he asked. “Pardon my asking, but who are you?”

“The name is George Bush, but you can call me George.” He responded in a southern American accent.

“Aren’t you the President of America?” Harry spluttered.

“Why yes, yes I am.” He responded with a smile. “I’m here to thank you for saving all those lives at the Pentagon. All of our Aurors and National Protection Wizards were taken out soon prior to the attack. You saved over fifty lives and if what I’ve heard is correct plenty more by holding up the top three floors near the site of the crash allowing our men to get people out.”

“Why did the plane crash?” Harry inquired.

“We believe it was an act of terrorism planned by the group called Al Qaeda. They are a terrorist group primarily located in the Middle East. They’re composed of radical Islamic men that hate anything and everything to do with different religions. We are going to declare war on them and send our military over. We also fear they’ll have dark wizards on their side too se we want you to plead our case to your ministry for their aid. Yours is much more capable of fighting then ours.”

“I can do that.” Then addressing no one in particular he asked, “When can I get out?”

“The healer said to tell him when you woke and he’ll come examine you. Ron went to get him.” Ginny answered.

After George Bush left, thanking Harry again, they started talking about what this might mean for Britain. This kept up until the healer came to check him out.

“You already know your Magic was severely depleted, right? Your magic levels are going to be low for the next few days so stick to basic household spells. No more holding up buildings. You can go whenever you want. Make sure to check out when you leave.”

“Thank you Healer…..”

“Jones. Chris Jones.”

“Thank you Healer Jones.” Harry said.

After the doctor left he stood and immediately found two amazing huggers waging war over who would crush his ribs first. Mrs. Weasley beat Hermione by a bit and he was left gasping for air when they released him. Then he felt more gentle arms around his waist and knew it was Ginny. After she released him he felt Ron clap him on his back and he shook Mr. Weasley’s hand. The group then headed down towards the check-out desk and after getting released, they took the international Floo back to the Burrow.


TWT


Upon arriving at the Burrow he was besieged with questions about what happened.

After everyone calmed down he explained what he remembered and they stayed hushed for a minute after he was finished.

He then said, “I need to go to the Ministry and inform them of what the President told me. Odds are they already know what happened.”

“I’ll go with you mate.” Ron volunteered. “We will both have to fight if they do help the Americans.”

“Sure. Let’s go.”

They Flooed to the Ministry and quickly walked to the lifts. After arriving at the proper level they disembarked and headed to the Minister’s office. Upon hearing them approach the secretary asked without looking up, “Do you have an appointment?”

Harry responded with a negative.

“Then you can’t go in.”

“I really need to.”

“I really need a bigger paycheck. You can’t go in.”

“This is pretty bloody important and if you don’t let us in I’ll blow the doors down myself!” Ron interjected.

At this the secretary looked up and upon recognizing Harry Potter apologized profusely and ushered them in.

“I’m sorry for the misunderstanding Mr. Potter.”

“It’s okay. I hope Ron didn’t scare you too much.”

“No, he didn’t.” With this she opened the Ministers door and said, “Harry Potter is here to see you sir.”

“Send him in” responded a deep voice.

When Harry and Ron walked in to the comfortable room they were greeted with the familiar face of Kingsley Shacklebolt, a tall, muscular, dark-skinned man who gave off a fearsome presence. They greeted him and then sat.

“What can I do for you two?” He asked.

“As you know I was in America until recently and think I’m correct in saying you know what happened there.”

“Yes, please proceed.”

“Well I spoke with the President and he told me it was a planned attack, not an accident.”

At this the Minister sighed. “I was afraid so. Please Continue.”

“Well he said it was a radical Islamic group based in the Middle East, and America is going to declare war on them. They want our Ministry’s help with the war because they fear they have wizards as well. I think we should help. It could be us next.”

“I agree. I’ll speak with some advisors and if we do join the cause I’ll bring it up with the International Confederation of Wizards. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I also heard about your heroic actions right after the crash and you are getting your third Order of Merlin 1st Class. I don’t think you need another ceremony though. If we do help the Americans, as the Head of the Auror Department you can choose to be a desk jockey handling all the paperwork while here, or you can lead the troops.”

“I will want to lead my men, and I definitely don’t want another ceremony. Have a nice day.”

“I will Harry, and you two keep safe.”

“Alright Kingsley.” They both responded.

With that they left back for the Burrow.


TWT


When they arrived back at the Burrow, things had calmed down a little and Harry explained what the Minister had said.

“When do you think it’s going to happen?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“I’m not sure. They’ll probably send a few squads of Aurors soon just to sniff out possible upcoming plots. Since it is the Americans they attacked, the Americans will have the first strike. Based on what I know of their government it could take years to solidify a plan.”

“You’ll need healers over there.” Ginny started. “And before you try to stop me, I know full well what I’m getting into and I know I can handle it.”

“I know it is futile to disagree so will you at least take a few Aurors courses just to make me feel better? Just some ones to help you survive.”

“If that’s what it takes then sure.”

The topic stayed on the possibility of war well into the night. By the time any of them realized how late it was, the sun was starting to rise. They all walked off to bed with Harry sleeping in Ginny’s room having married her a few months prior. Her room was much the same as when she moved out except for the addition of a larger bed.

“Do you think it’s going to be all right?” Ginny asked, snuggling up to Harry.

“I can only hope so.”


TWT


Miles away in the heart of London, Ministers of Magic from around the world had come together. They discussed the problem at hand and only one solution came to any of their minds.

War.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear