Search:

SIYE Time:6:33 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Lay All Your Love On Me
By gryffindor_girl101

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Mamma Mia Challenge (2011-3), Mamma Mia Challenge (2011-3)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: Ginny's Quidditch fame finds her surrounded by herds of fanboys and finds Harry moping jealously on a bench.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6339



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I do not own Harry Potter or "Lay All Your Love On Me." If I did, I don't think I'd be here.
Also, the lyrics alternate from Harry's POV to Ginny's, just as they do in the Original Cast Recording of the song from the play "Mamma Mia!". That's what I used for reference. Enjoy!




ChapterPrinter


Lay All Your Love On Me

Harry Potter found himself dreadfully separated from his girlfriend on what was supposed to be a romantic night on the town as part of a quiet weekend. They both deserved it, after the last two years. Not only had Voldemort finally been defeated, with the crucial help of his friends and peers, but he and Ginny had immediately gone on with their lives.

Harry had finished the Wizarding World’s fight by leading the charge to round up the remainder of the Death Eaters. To his modest surprise, this qualified him to become a well-respected Auror without having to undergo any training.

Ginny, on the other hand, had fought spiritedly with not only her parents, but also Harry, against finishing her education at Hogwarts. Harry thought back to a particularly bad argument.

“Why do I even need to finish school when I want to become a professional Quidditch player?” Ginny shouted at her parents, Harry off to the side.

“Do you want to be a stereotypical athlete?” her mother countered. “Not knowing polyjuice potion from pumpkin juice?”

“I’m already smarter than seventy-five percent of them!” Ginny pointed out.

Harry had to admit that it was very true. Seeing some of those guys was just sad. He couldn’t imagine how they functioned in their daily lives. He didn’t want that to happen to Ginny.

“You never know what you’ll encounter in the real world, Gin. You may learn necessary stuff for everyday life,” Harry attempted.

Ginny turned on him, anger in her eyes and her face the color of particularly strong firewisky. “How the hell would you know what I’d learn in my seventh year!?”

Harry could think of no response. She had a valid point. He’d never attended a single seventh year class.

“Ginevra!” Mrs. Weasley scolded. Seeing the two Weasley women angered was a sight Harry never wished upon anyone. He looked sympathetically at Mr. Weasley, knowing he had to put up with this regularly. “Go to your room right now! You’re going to school and that’s final!” Mrs. Weasley commanded.

Ginny stormed out and up the stairs to her room, but not before muttering “You filthy hypocrite” to Harry as she passed him.

Harry shuttered at the memory. But Ginny had finished at Hogwarts. It was, as she argued, pointless as the Holyhead Harpies began recruiting her even before her first Quidditch match of the year. After school ended, she began rigorous training for the team. And that’s how they got here, a crowd surrounding Ginny, pushing Harry out of her sight.

Harry might have been less disgruntled had the crowd consisted mainly of giddy fangirls with posters and jerseys for her to sign. But no. Harry watched what he could only imagine were incredibly horny, good-looking young wizards surrounding his girlfriend with their copies of Quidditch Weekly with Ginny on the cover, named as the “Sexiest Quidd-Witch of the Year.”

Damn right she was the sexiest quidd-witch of the year, but he didn’t want these men to think so too. That was a title reserved for him to bestow upon her.

What was worse was that Harry was planning to propose to her tonight. But these fanboys were making it exceedingly difficult.

He finally got pushed so far away from Ginny that he was out the gate of the outdoor seating at the small café where he and Ginny were previously relaxing.

“Oi!” Harry exclaimed. “I’ve still got to pay!”

With that, the men surrounding his girlfriend began digging in their pockets and offering to pay for her coffee.

“No charge for the lady, Mr. Potter,” the waiter said.

Men, Harry sighed, rolling his eyes. He shoved a few galleons into the waiter’s hand for his own coffee and sulked off to a bench to wait for Ginny. When he sat, he removed a small box from his pocket and opened it. Touching the ring, he wished he had gotten the chance to give it to Ginny just as he had planned. He sighed and put the ring back in his pocket.

Forty-five minutes later, Ginny was finally able to push her way out of the crowd and to the bench where Harry sat. A few people followed her, but she ignored them.

God, she’s beautiful, Harry thought as she walked across the street towards him.

Exasperated, she plopped down next to him on the bench. “I’ve never understood how you were ever able to put up with the mobs,” she said, shaking her pretty little head.

Harry put his arm around her and drew her closer to him. A few camera flashes went off and the unmistakable groan of men surrounded them. The famous couple ignored them.

“You’ve got it worse than I ever had,” Harry admitted.

“Lucky,” Ginny mumbled.

Harry shook his head and lifted her chin to look at her stunning face. “Try being on my end of your fanboys.” He looked directly into her gorgeous brown eyes and knew that he loved her with all of his heart.

I wasn’t jealous before we met
Now every man that I see is a potential threat
And I’m possessive, it isn’t nice
You’ve heard me saying that smoking was my only vice


Ginny’s eyes grew wide. Neither of them wanted to remember that particularly long stretch while Ginny was at school. Harry had finished saving the world from Death Eaters, losing his preoccupation, and it had been ages since they had seen each other. It got bad. And, of course, Ginny had used it as another argument against her having finished her seventh year.

Harry caressed her cheek, assuring her that he was alright.

But now it isn’t true
Now everything is new
And all I’ve learned has overturned
I beg of you…


Ginny kissed him softly (to more groans and camera flashes) and smiled.

Don’t go wasting your emotion
Lay all your love on me


She winked at Harry. A smile had begun to form on his breath-taking lips.

It was like shooting a sitting duck
A little small talk, a smile and baby I was stuck


She inched closer to Harry, putting her hand on his muscular chest. Then she looked into his gorgeous green eyes.

I still don’t know what you’ve done with me
A grown-up woman should never fall so easily


She had grown up into the most amazing woman he had ever known, Harry observed silently.

I feel a kind of fear
When I don’t have you near


Ginny shivered and Harry held her tight to his chest, where she belonged.

Unsatisfied, I skip my pride
I beg you dear…


Harry smiled down at his girlfriend. Radiantly, she smiled back.

Don’t go wasting your emotion
Lay all your love on me
Don’t go sharing your devotion


He pointed with his thumb that wasn’t holding Ginny to her fanboys. She laughed. It was melodic. He then placed his hand on her small waist.

Lay all your love on me

She turned her head and kissed his chest. He grinned at her. Then an hesitant look came across her face.

I’ve had a few little love affairs
They didn’t last very long and they’ve been pretty scarce


At the last bit Harry shook his head, remembering her popularity among the boys at Hogwarts. Ginny responded by rolling her eyes at him. He gave a small shrug of his shoulders.

I used to think that was sensible
It makes the truth even more incomprehensible


Ginny looked at her fans.

And everything is new

She then returned her attention to Harry.

And everything is you
And all I’ve learned has overturned
What can I do?


Harry kissed her soft lips, lovingly.

Don’t go wasting your emotion
Lay all your love on me


Ginny noticed the small group of Harry’s horrified fangirls. Small, but present, reminding her that she was living her dream life.

Don’t go sharing your devotion

Harry, too, noticed his gathering fangirls and kissed the top of Ginny’s head to indicate that his love was for her and for her alone. She beamed at him.

Lay all your love on me

Their lips met in a familiar passionate kiss. The groans of the disgruntled crowd and the flashes of cameras faded away. When their lips finally parted, and even then marginally, Harry took Ginny’s hand and led her to a quiet alley.

With the sun setting between the two buildings where they stood, Harry thought Ginny looked astonishing.

“Hey Ginny?” She smiled at him. “Ginevra Molly Weasley.” With the use of her full name, Ginny’s smile faltered. She knew this was serious. Then Harry dropped to one knee. “Will you marry me?” He asked.

Shock took over Ginny’s face. But her shining smile replaced it mere seconds later. “Harry James Potter,” she teased, “I would love nothing more.”

Harry took the ring from his pocket and slid it onto his fiancée’s finger. This was more perfect than he could have ever planned. But not quite as perfect as Ginny herself.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear