Search:

SIYE Time:12:34 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Leaders Of Light
By peverralquest

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 37
Summary: In order to protect the wizarding world from approaching darkness, Godric Gryffindor makes a choice, on his deathbed. He along with Helga Hufflepuff performs a ritual.What could be it's consequences thousand years later?
Hitcount: Story Total: 14094; Chapter Total: 3369
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
A huge thanks to Miz636 for editing this chapter. I know that there were quite a few mistakes regarding grammar, I'm glad you corrected them.Thanks to all my reviewers , I hope you all like this chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


BUT THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE

A faint pop was heard throughout Grimmauld Place as a hooded man appeared out of thin air. He looked around to make sure that nobody had noticed him appear and then walked purposefully towards Number Twelve, which stood in front of him.

As he tapped the door with his wand, the sound of a number of locks unlocking echoed inside the home, and then the door swung open. The man walked into the house quietly and towards the kitchen, where men and women of different ages and appearances sat quietly around the table, waiting for their leader to arrive.

As the man took off his hood, revealing greasy black hair, the other occupants of the room looked at him questioningly. However, he merely ignored them and sat down at his designated spot. It had been a rough day for Severus Snape, and all he wanted to do was submit his report and return to his home and have a quiet evening alone.

Nymphadora Tonks sat on the opposite side of the table and stared at the Potions Master. Although she hated the man for the way he treated the non-Slytherins at Hogwarts and for the way he had treated her when she was a student, even she could not deny the courage of the man. Not just anyone had the bravery needed to become what he was: a spy for the Order inside the Dark Lord’s Inner Circle. What she didn’t realize was that Severus Snape had nothing to lose; the one thing that he cared for… he had lost her on the Halloween night of 1981, or maybe even before that.

As she sat and waited for their leader to arrive, she thought of the day Harry and Ginny had disappeared.

Nymphadora Tonks was not having a great day. She had been up since five in the morning and had rushed to the Ministry for an early shift. These days Aurors had to work nearly double their usual shifts, what with the official announcement of the return of You-Know-Who, the vote of No-Confidence against Cornelius Fudge , the former Minister of Magic, and the capture of several Ministry employees, including one Lucius Malfoy, as Death Eaters. No, the Ministry was not a very peaceful place to work in these days.

After a hectic day of work, she had gone to Privet Drive and had taken over from Hestia Jones at watching over Harry. She had a three-hour shift before she could go home.

She glanced at the watch that her father had given her on her fifteenth birthday and saw that it was twenty more minutes before her shift ended.

“Oh, well, twenty more minutes before I get to go home,” she thought. “Let’s hope nothing happens today.”

She was feeling so sleepy that she could barely keep her eyes open. Her eyes must have closed on their own because, all of a sudden, she was jerked awake when she felt the ground below her tremble.

Before she could figure out what was happening, she noticed something else that made all the tiredness that she felt leave at once.

“Oh, Merlin, what’s happening?” she thought, though deep in her mind she knew what it was; she just couldn’t believe it.

The air around her crackled with power as, slowly but steadily, a golden dome appeared around Number Four, Privet Drive. As time passed, the Golden Dome intensified, and a solid gold shield appeared around the house.

“The blood wards,” murmured Tonks as she stood, frozen with fear. She had even forgotten to alert the Order.

The next moment, several cracks appeared on the golden dome. More cracks appeared one-by-one, and then, as the cracks spread, an ear-splitting sound was heard, and Tonks was thrown off her feet as she was slammed to the ground, her head hitting the corner of a rock. The world around her turned black.

Tonks was broken out of her thoughts by the arrival of the leader of the Order of the Phoenix. Albus Dumbledore entered the room, and after glancing at the assembled members of the Order, he sighed and sat down at the head of the table. In the past few weeks, he seemed to have aged at least fifty years. The man, who was known for never showing any sign of weakness, now had dark circles around his eyes.

“Members of the Order,” he spoke quietly but was clearly heard by all, “I welcome you all at this meeting. You all know why we are here as I’m sure that none of you have forgotten that fateful night a few weeks ago.”

Indeed, nobody had forgotten, that was for sure. That was the night when everything spiralled out of the control of Albus Dumbledore.

"Minerva, gather the Order immediately; it's a matter of utmost emergency."

"Albus, what’s happened?" asked McGonagall in concern.

"It's Privet Drive; the Blood Wards around the house have just been shattered to pieces."

They had arrived at the Dursleys in less than five minutes, only to find that everything was calm and just as it should be. There were just two differences: the blood wards around the house no longer existed, and Harry Potter had disappeared.

They had found the unconscious body of Tonks in a nearby bush, and after reviving her, she had given her description of how, all of a sudden, the wards had collapsed.

Upon questioning the Dursleys, they had failed to get any useful information as the Muggles could neither feel the creation nor the destruction of magical wards and were completely unaware of it.

“Good Riddance — that’s what I say,” Vernon had stated to Dumbledore’s face upon hearing that his nephew was missing. “At least we won’t have to feed that ungrateful freak for the rest of the summer. It would be best if he was dead,” he had added in a pleased voice before cowering back at the look on the Order members’ faces. If looks could kill, then Vernon Dursley would have died that day.

It seemed to Dumbledore that Harry had just disappeared into thin air. There was no sign of struggle, none at all. He was simply… gone. Everything that belonged to him, including Dudley’s hand-me-down clothes and his trunk, was gone as well; even Hedwig was missing.

When Dumbledore had used one of his numerous instruments to track him down, he had come to a dead end. It seemed that Harry had just disappeared not only from Privet Drive but also from the magical world and maybe even from the Earth.

That was when he got his second blow: Molly Weasley had appeared in his office, in tears, to inform him that her youngest child and only daughter, Ginny, was missing.

Albus had immediately arrived at the Burrow to find, to his utter astonishment, that the wards around the Burrow that he had helped Bill Weasley construct were gone.

All the Weasley children informed him that, just after midnight, they had felt the ground shaking. Thinking it was an earthquake, they had rushed out of the house, only to find that the sky was lit with a reddish glow as the wards collapsed around them with an ear-splitting sound.

Expecting an attack, they had pulled out their wands, but after a long search, they had come to the conclusion that there was no intruder.

That was when they had noticed that Ginny was not with them. Thinking that she had fallen asleep and, thus, had not felt the wards collapsing, they had walked back into the house, only to find the house empty.

What intrigued Albus was the similarity between the two disappearances. In this case, just like Harry, Ginny was simply gone along with all her belongings, not to mention there was no sign of struggle.

Albus was brought out of his musings at a question from Molly.

“Did you find them? Do you have any idea where they could be?” she asked anxiously.

Molly Weasley had taken the news of the disappearances of her daughter and her almost-son very badly. She had completely broken down, and it had taken nearly a week for Arthur to calm her down.

“I’m afraid not, Molly,” Albus stated sadly as he looked at his Potions Master.

“The Dark Lord either has no idea where Potter and the Weasley girl is, or he is not giving his Death Eaters any information about it,” said Snape. “As his skill in Occlumency is one of the best, I have no idea which of them it is.”

“How did he take the news about their disappearances?” Dumbledore asked.

Dumbledore had asked Snape to reveal the information to the Dark Lord to find out whether he had any hand in the disappearance of Harry and Ginny.

“He was very calm about it,” stated Snape.

After a moment, he added, “He was somewhat expecting it.”

When Dumbledore looked at him questioningly, he elaborated, “He was under the impression that the death of Potter’s Godfather would be too much for him, and as a result, Potter might take his own life, or else leave the wizarding world for good.”

Hearing the gasp of various Order members he stated, “He is under the impression that the latter happened.”

However, Dumbledore shook his head.

“It doesn’t seem so,” he sight. “If Harry had left the magical world for good, then the wards would indeed have come down, but they would not have shattered like they did. And then how do you explain Miss Weasley’s disappearance?”

The Order had searched the entire of Britain with a comb but still had failed to locate Harry. Dumbledore had sent Fawkes out, and even the Phoenix couldn’t find them. It must mean that they were under powerful wards that had made their location unplottable.

The next day was the first of September, and so the Order discussed the protections of the students in King’s Cross station and during the train ride.

“We’re having five Order members and the Ministry is sending ten Aurors on the train for the protection of the students during the ride. As much as I hate to say it, with the disappearance of Potter, it doesn’t seem likely that the Dark Lord will try anything during the journey from London to Hogwarts,” reported Kingsley Shacklebolt.

Oh, how wrong they were.

H/G H//G H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G

H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G

H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G H/G

It was nearly eleven in the morning when the Weasley family arrived at Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters. Well, all of them who were in England except Ginny.

Whoever looked at them could clearly see the devastation that they felt at the disappearance of the youngest member of the family and the one whom they consider their son or brother.

As they walked to the train, they were met by Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Luna Lovegood, all of whom had a look of grief and sorrow on their face. They did not acknowledge any of the other students, who were whispering and pointing at them. It was clear that knowledge of the disappearances of Harry and Ginny was already public.

They found a compartment and settled in as the train left the station and was on its way towards Hogwarts.

Just as the woman who pushed the food trolley had left, all four of them refusing to eat anything as they were deep in thought, the door to their compartment flew open, and there stood their long time enemy, Draco Malfoy, with his two bodyguards, Crabbe and Goyle.

Before he could even say anything, four disarming charms hit them. As the boys hadn’t even drawn their wands, the trio was thrown backwards, and they slammed onto the opposite wall of the corridor.

“We don’t want to hear anything that you have to say,” Hermione stated, “so just get lost.” She was still pointing her wand at them along with her three friends.

Malfoy staggered up and glared at the four students malevolently, but then all of a sudden, his glare turned into a smirk, a sinister sort of smirk.

“Oh, well, your time will come soon,” he said, and without a backward glance, he left.

Hermione looked at the others in confusion. “What did he mean by that?” she asked.

“Don’t take him seriously, Hermione; he’s just acting like he knows something that we don’t,” Ron said, “just like he always does.”

“But…” Before Neville could say anything more, the train came to an abrupt stop. All of a sudden, the lights in the train went off, just as they had before their third year.

“What’s happening?” asked Luna as they, once again, pulled out their wands.

“It’s the Dementors,” murmured Hermione, her eyes wide as they all felt the familiar chill that came with the approaching of a Dementor.

Luna looked out of the window, which was freezing quickly, and let out a small scream.

“There are hundreds and hundreds of Dementors, and they’re entering the train,” she whispered, “and there are Death Eaters behind them.”

“Is You-Know-Who here as well?” asked Neville.

“I don’t think so, I can’t see him anywhere. “

“We can’t just wait here and let the Dementors get to us. Let’s find the DA and get out of the train,” Hermione decided.

“Are you mad?” cried Ron. “Do you think that, with the help of fifteen adult wizards and the DA, we’ll be able to stop hundreds of Dementors, not to mention the Death Eaters?”

“Harry did it in our third year,” Hermione stated as if she were trying to convince herself that it was a good idea rather than Ron. “Besides, unless we’re in an open area, it will be difficult for us to defend ourselves against the Dementors. At least outside we can prevent the Dementors from coming near us.”

“Yeah with twenty five Patronuses,” Ron snorted, but at Hermione’s glare, he decided to follow her.

Gathering the DA, they persuaded Remus and Tonks, who were in charge of the Order and the Aurors on the train respectively, to come out in the open instead of trying to defend themselves from the train. The rest of the students were ordered to remain on the train as the DA, Order, and Aurors surrounded the train and faced the Dark Forces.

They soon realized that there was no chance of asking for help as Anti-Apparition and the Anti-Portkey wards had slammed up over the area.

“Well, well, well, the ickle babies have grown up and decided to fight back instead of cowering inside the train,” laughed a familiar voice as Bellatrix Lestrange stepped in front of the Death Eaters, looking over the group of fighters.

Seeing Bellatrix, Neville’s hand tightened around his wand as he prepared to strike. Under no circumstance would he let her escape this time.

Bella continued to laugh, and then she cackled madly. “And do you think that you lot will be able to stop all these Dementors without your so called savior, who has decided to hide in the Muggle world?”

“Liar!” shouted Hermione. “Harry didn’t hide in the Muggle world, and you know it.”

“Is that so, Mudblood?” taunted Bellatrix. “It’s such a pity that, when the Muggle-loving fool Dumbledore arrives, he’ll find all his students Kissed.” She once again paused to laugh like a maniac. “If your so-called savior is out there somewhere instead of hiding in the Muggle world, then I challenge him to protect you from these Dementors, who are all so eager to give  you a little kiss.

“Not that he would be able to, even if he tried,” she concluded. Then she turned and signaled the Dementors to attack.

As the Dementors stepped forward and lunged towards them, a strange thing happened. Wind began to blow rapidly, and with an utmost roar, a wall of fire erupted from the ground, surrounding the entire train and separating them from the Dark Forces.

Bellatrix laughed loudly.

“Oh you poor dears,” she said, shaking her head in mock sorrow, “you’re so frightened that you seem to have forgotten that only Patronus charms can stop the Dementors. Fire has no effect on them.”

As the people in and around the train wondered who had created this wall of fire, the Dementors dived towards them. Hermione raised her wand to cast the Patronus charm, but there was no need for it.

As the first two Dementors entered the fire, they gave loud shrieks and, within seconds, were turned into ashes. As those in the train stared in surprise, Bellatrix cried out, “But that’s impossible!”

No Dementor in history had ever died, and right now, they had just witnessed the death of not one but two Dementors.

“The word ‘impossible’ isn’t in our dictionary,” said a calm voice from above them.

All the people looked up to see two hooded figures simply floating in the air above them, one  of them dressed in red and gold while the other was in dark yellow. Their voices were also disguised with some sort of charm.

“Whoever you two are, you’ll not get away with this!” screamed Bellatrix. And then she signaled for the Dementors to attack the hooded figures.

“A very bad idea, my dear lady,” declared the other figure with a mock bow, and with that, they vanished from the view.

Before anyone could say anything, two things happened.

Two walls of fire erupted on either side of the Dementors, formed a ring, and began closing in on them. At the same time, a huge burst of air slammed into the Death Eaters, knocking them off their feet and forcing them on the ground. Their wands flew out off their hands and snapped in two halves on their own. Then ropes made of fire appeared out of nowhere and bound the Death Eaters.

The Death Eaters were burnt badly on whichever parts of their body where the ropes touched, but none of them were fatal. It was as if they were only meant to cause pain.

Within seconds, all of the Death Eaters were incapacitated in this manner — all of them except Bellatrix, who stared around her as if she couldn’t believe her eyes.

Meanwhile, what happened to the Dementors? They were on the receiving of a slow and agonizing death. Their screams filled the air, and as much as they tried, they failed to get out of the ring of fire that surrounded them.

When the fire subsided, only a pile of ashes remained where, a few moments before, there once stood hundreds of Dementors. Not one of them survived.

Bellatrix tried to negate the Apparition and the Portkey wards, but the wards refused to respond to her, thus trapping her in her own trap.

“Oh, are we trying to escape, now?” asked the figure in red and gold as both the figures reappeared silently. “Not until you give me a duel.”

“I’ll make a deal with you Bella,” the figure continued. “We duel, and if you win, I’ll let you go.

“As much as you try to deny it, Bella, you are stuck. I’ve placed wards that will prevent you from even calling your favorite Dark Lord.”

Bellatrix realized quickly that there was no other way to flee. Even though she would deny it with all her mind, heart, and soul, she was afraid — no, terrified — of this wizard who, with his companion, had performed magic unlike any she had ever witnessed. But she had no choice; at least this way she would go down fighting for her Lord, and he would remember her as his most faithful servant.

“Very well,” she said with her best sneer in place.

The two opponents bowed at each other and Bellatrix fired, “Crucio.

The spell flew towards the unknown figure in a matter of seconds and hit him straight on the chest.

“Ouch,” the figure said comically. “Was that supposed to hurt?” he asked the witch.

Bellatrix cried in frustration and once again tried, “Avada Kedavra.

What happened next stunned everyone present; well, all except the two unknown figures. The spell flew through the air, and he didn’t even try to duck. He simply stared at the spell as if he was mesmerized by it, and right before the spell hit his body, he merely turned transparent, and the green spell just flew through him and dissipated into the air.

Bellatrix looked like she would faint, but she merely said in a very quiet voice, “That’s impossible.”

The figure smiled and once again said, “The word ‘impossible’ isn’t in my dictionary.” Before Bellatrix realized what was happening, a stunning spell left his wand and hit her so forcefully that she was slammed onto the ground about fifty  feet from where she stood.

The figure then turned straight at Hermione and stated, “I’ve notified the authorities; they should be here in a couple of minutes.”

As Hermione nodded dumbly, the two figures just vanished.

Finally, when he had got out of his stupor, Remus ran towards where Bellatrix lay. He checked her and then looked at the others in shock.

“She’s dead,” he simply stated.

“But that’s impossible,” Hermione said. “Killed by a stunning spell?”

Many miles away, in the hospital wing of a castle, the unconscious bodies of a boy and a girl appeared in two adjacent beds.

 

 

 

Reviews 37
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear