Search:

SIYE Time:14:08 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Set Up Gone Wrong
By jojo99

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 151
Summary: AU H/G fluff. Ron forces Ginny to go to a boring Department dinner to make up numbers. She realises it's a set up. Unfortunately for Ron, Ginny enjoys the company of a lovely black-haired man, not the man Ron wants her to talk to.
Hitcount: Story Total: 94883; Chapter Total: 11638
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:

Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed. I hope you keep enjoying the story.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



Chapter 3



Ginny walked out of Holyhead Stadium after a rigorous training session, and readied herself to Apparate home, when she saw a familiar figure leaning against a pole. She stopped dead and stared at the very welcome and very much missed sight of her boyfriend. As she stood still, he pushed himself off the wall and slowly started walking towards her with a wide smile plastered across his face. As he came closer, she regained the use of her legs and started moving towards him, slowly at first and then gradually faster. Instead of running into his waiting arms, she stopped short and looked up into his shining emerald eyes. He didn't seem concerned that they weren't hugging. In fact, he seemed to be enjoying staring at her in her training clothes.

"Miss me?" he asked cheekily.

"Oh, have you been away?" she asked teasingly.

"So, I take that as a no," he replied frowning.

Ginny knew he was only pretending to be upset. The frown didn't extend to his eyes, which still had a happy glint to them.

"Oh, well," he said. "I must have the wrong girl. I was sure my girlfriend said she was a Harpy. Maybe I should try the Arrows or United."

"Prat," she replied elbowing him in the ribs with a laugh.

"Ow," he replied doubling over. "Watch it."

"Did you get hurt?" she asked, suddenly concerned.

Harry stood up and smiled. "No, but I had you worried for a moment."

"Of course I'm worried about you, you great git. Don't scare me like that," she replied.

Harry looked at her sheepishly and opened his arms. She stepped into them and enjoyed the feeling of his strong arms around her again.

"I did miss you," she muttered into his chest.

"Me, too, Gin, me, too," he replied against her temple. "Three weeks was too long."

"How did it go?" she asked.

"Good. The first week was training and then we got called in to help with a kidnapping," he said.

"Oh, I saw that in the Daily Prophet" she replied, looking up at him. "Is it all over?"

He nodded.

"The boy? Did he...was he..."

"He's fine now and back with his mum and dad," Harry said grimly.

"Good," she replied, knowing that it wouldn't have been as easy as Harry tried to make it seem. "Were you there when he was found?"

He nodded again. "I can't say any more until after the trial, though. Sorry."

"No, I understand," she replied.

Harry moved his hands up to cup her jaw and lowered his mouth to hers, pressing short, soft kisses on her lips. Her hands moved into his hair and she deepened the kiss.

"Hmmm," Harry said a little later. "Maybe we should move away from here before we get spotted."

"Don't you want to be seen with me, then?" she teased.

"I have no problem with that, but I don't want a picture of this plastered on the cover of a magazine. Your mum would never let me visit ever again," he said.

She laughed. "That's if my brothers leave you whole."

He chuckled and waved his hand in front of him. "Pffft. They don't scare me."

"Good," she said laughing. "Do you want to come to the Burrow with me?"

"I guess, or you could come back to my place with me," he said. "I haven't been home yet. I came straight here after they let me go."

She looked at him little stunned. He had mentioned his home before but had never actually invited her there. She had mentioned it once and he'd replied that he didn't want to offend her mum by luring her to his place. Apparently he was over that.

"Okay," she replied.

He smiled at her. "Are you ready?" After she nodded, he Apparated with her to a quiet lane. He then clasped her hand and led her around the corner to a quiet neighbourhood. He stopped at a wrought iron fence and turned to her. "Harry Potter lives at fourteen Green Street."

"What?" she asked, looking at him in confusion.

"Turn around," he said quietly.

She turned and behind her was a house that was not visible before. She spun back to look at Harry. "A Fidelius?"

He nodded.

"You live here?" she asked. "Wow. It's a house, not a flat, Harry."

"Yeah, I know. It sounds a little...pretentious saying my house. It's actually a Potter family home. The city one. There's a country one, too," he said looking a little embarrassed.

"Like a manor house?" she asked.

"No, not that big. It's a big house, but it is just a house. Though, no one has lived there since I was a baby. Everything is covered and Charmed for protection. It's way too big for one person. I prefer this. It's a little more manageable."

"Did you grow up here?" she asked, full of curiosity.

"No. I lived with Sirius in his family home. It has better protections," he replied as he opened the gate. "Come on in and we can...talk...in comfort," he concluded as he looked her up and down with a glint in his eye.

Ginny chose not to say anything to his emphasised 'talk'. Instead she followed him to the red door where he surreptitiously waved his wand causing the door to swing open. They walked into a bright hallway lined with pictures. Off the hallway were three doors as well as a flight of stairs.

"Welcome," he said waving his arm wide. "Alright. A quick tour. That door is to the sitting room. This one is to the formal lounge, where I don't go too often. The door at the back goes to the kitchen. Downstairs is a study and guest room. Upstairs is the bathroom and bedrooms."

"Wow," Ginny said looking around. She couldn't think of much else to say so she turned to the pictures. There were several landscapes on one wall, and on the opposite wall were photographs. She looked at one of a young couple holding an almost toddler, who had to be Harry, squirming on their laps.

“My parents,” he said, coming up behind her and resting his hands on her shoulders. “James and Lily. It was taken a few months before they were killed. They were so young.”

“They look lovely, Harry. It’s sad that they had to die so young,” she replied emotionally.

He turned her so that she was facing him and pulled her into a hug which she returned almost forcefully, trying to show him how much she cared.

“Come on,” he said eventually. “Let’s go and get comfortable.” He led her into the sitting room which was decorated in deep red and cream, with two large comfortable couches facing a fireplace.

Ginny dropped her training bag behind a couch and sat down next to Harry, who was staring at her.

“What?” she asked feeling a little self-conscious.

“I’m just…admiring your training gear,” he said, with a quirky smile.

Ginny smirked as his eyes took in the short shorts and the sleeveless shirt that clung tightly to her.

“I’m very glad there are no blokes at the Harpies to see you like that,” he said.

“And why’s that?” she asked.

“Because they’d probably be flying into the stands all the time from not concentrating on the game, and that would definitely not help their chances of winning. I can’t have my favourite team not training well,” he said with a cheeky smile.

“Oh, you,” she said poking him in the ribs.

Harry winced at her touch and she was suddenly concerned again.

“You did get hurt, didn’t you?” she asked.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine. It’s just a bruise,” he said.

“Show me.”

“Are you trying to get my shirt off?” he asked with a grin and a wink. “You know, when I suggested coming here, there was a vague thought in my mind of me trying to get that far too fetching shirt off of you. But, no, you’re trying it on me.”

She blushed a little before looking at him sternly. “Harry, if you’re hurt, you need to show me. It needs to be fixed.”

He stared at her for a moment before reaching behind his neck to pull the shirt over his head.

“Sweet Merlin, Harry!” she exclaimed when she saw Harry’s side from just below his armpit all the way down to his waist.

“I can’t imagine that my body is that impressive,” he joked.

“Prat,” she said as she moved closer to him. She gently rubbed a finger down the purple bruise, causing him to flinch. “Sorry, does that hurt?”

“Not really,” he replied with a slightly choked voice.

You should have seen a Healer,” she said.

“I have. It’s fixed,” he said defensively.

“But the bruise…I can get some bruise paste for it and it will be better in a day,” she replied as she gently ran her hand over his side.

“I didn’t want the bruise healed.”

“Why ever not?” she asked in amazement.

“To remind me not to be stupid,” he said firmly.

“Stupid?”

“Yeah, not to step in the way of stray wand fire.”

“Oh!”

“Uh huh. Stupid. I can defeat a dark lord, but get cut down by an Auror graduate,” he said, sounding quite embarrassed.

“It wasn’t Ron, was it?” she asked. That would not make Ron any happier and more fond of Harry, she thought.

“No, Ron was fine. He can follow instructions,” Harry replied. “It was Andy. He seems to believe that he knows everything.”

“Ah…”

Harry nodded and grabbed her hand which had been gently brushing over his bruise. “That is so distracting.”

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to annoy you.”

“Oh, Ginny, you didn’t annoy me,” he said, rubbing his hands up and down her arms. “In fact, it was quite a pleasant distraction.”

“Yeah?” she asked, shivering under his gentle touch.

“Yeah,” he replied, cupping the back of her head and pulling her even closer to him. “You make me just want to do this.”

Ginny’s eyes closed as his lips met hers. His lips were demanding and she felt his tongue rubbing across her bottom lip, causing her to open her mouth and let her tongue play with his. Her hands were pleasantly occupied running up and down his bare back. His hands were under her training shirt circling across her stomach and ribs. After what could have been minutes or even hours, Harry pushed her back so that she was lying on the couch and he lowered himself over her without taking his mouth off of her at all. As his mouth found its way down her neck towards her collar bone, her hands moved from his back to grasp his taught backside and pull him even closer, so that he was resting between her thighs.

“Well, well, well,” a voice said from nearly above them.

Both Ginny and Harry looked up to see the smirking, handsome face of a man who was standing next to the couch. Neither she nor Harry had heard him come in.

“Nice to see that your priorities are in order, Harry,” the man said with a smile. “Snogging should definitely come before telling your godfather that you’re safely home after being away on a dangerous mission.”

“It wasn’t that dangerous, Sirius,” Harry replied, not moving from his position above Ginny.

“That bruise seems to tell me otherwise,” Sirius said. “Though, it’s obviously not bad enough to stop you from…enjoying yourself.”

Ginny could feel her face getting redder and redder. She wanted to hide away from Harry’s godfather. This was not the way she planned on meeting him. Harry wasn’t moving from where he was lying on top of her and as Harry was intimately close to her, she knew exactly why he wasn’t moving. That would be an awkward way to greet anyone.

“Sirius, could you just give us a few minutes?” Harry asked with a sigh. “You could maybe put the kettle on and once we’ve…sorted a few things, we’ll come and join you.”

“I can,” Sirius said with a smirk before heading towards a door. “Nothing like a cup of tea to settle raging hormones.”

“Sorry,” Harry said when the door closed behind Sirius. He sat up, found his shirt, and put it on. “I should have realised that Sirius would hear that I was back.”

“It’s fine,” she replied. “A little embarrassing, I guess. Thank Merlin you hadn’t quite managed to get my shirt off.”

He chuckled and smiled as he stood up. “Mmmmm. I guess I’ll have to wait for that pleasure.”

“Yes, you will.”

Harry grabbed her hands and pulled her up to face him. “At least you’re not dead against that idea. It gives me hope.”

“Oh, you,” she replied. “I didn’t say when.”

“You also didn’t say no,” he said with a grin and then pulled her into a hug.

“Please tell me you two have moved off the couch,” Sirius said after opening the door a small amount.

“We’re coming,” Harry said. He leaned down and kissed her tenderly and then led her into the kitchen.

Ginny looked around the kitchen as she walked in. It was bright, airy and surprisingly clean for a kitchen of a young, single male. Sirius was leaning nonchalantly against the bench and had a gleam in his eye as she and Harry walked in. She decided not to be intimidated by Harry’s godfather, so she walked over to him and held out her hand. “Hiya, I’m Ginny. I’m sorry I couldn’t say hello properly before. I was a little preoccupied.”

“Ah, so that’s what they call it,” Sirius said winking. “It’s lovely to meet you, I must say. It would have been even lovelier if Harry had mentioned something to me about a girl…”

“Sirius,” Harry said, making the name sound like a groan.

“Well it would have been nice to know,” Sirius said.

“I haven’t seen you in a few months. You were in America when we met and then I went away just before you came back. So I’m telling you now. Sirius, this is my lovely girlfriend, Ginny. Ginny, this is my charming godfather, Sirius,” Harry said.

Sirius put on his most charming manners, bowed, and kissed her hand. “Ever so pleased to meet you, Miss…”

“Weasley,” Ginny replied, laughing at Sirius’ antics.

“Oh, of course. You’re Arthur and Molly’s daughter,” Sirius said. He then turned to Harry. “You’re brave. Doesn’t she have quite a few brothers?”

“Six,” she replied.

“Good luck with that, Harry,” Sirius said.

“Oh, I’ve met them all already,” Harry said as he pulled cups out of a cupboard.

“You have?” Sirius asked sounding amazed. “How long has this been going on? It’s not that I mind. I just feel a little out of the loop.”

“Harry and I met just after I finished school,” Ginny said.

Sirius looked thoughtful for a moment. “But that was about a month and a half ago.”

“To be fair, I’ve been away for the past three weeks,” Harry said.

“Yeah. You didn’t let me know about that either. Moony and I get home from America expecting a warm homecoming and all I get is a short note saying you’re away on training,” Sirius said.

“Robards sprung it on everyone. Training and then that kidnapping,” Harry said. “Honestly, I’d have told you if I had known.”

“It’s fine, Li'l Prongs, I believe you,’ Sirius said as he poured the tea. “So when did you do the whole meet the family thing, then?”

“A couple of nights before I went away,” Harry said as he sat at the table. “I had met most of them before, though.”

Ginny sat at the table and added milk and sugar to her tea. She was most intrigued by the interactions between Harry and Sirius. It was almost like father and son, but a lot more friend like. It was very interesting.

“When?” Sirius asked.

“During the war I met Bill and Charlie. I met Fred and George at their shop. Percy works in the Ministry, so I had seen him around before, and Ron has just finished Auror training,” Harry said. ”And of course I met Molly when you lot were off doing Order stuff and I was left at Grimmauld Place.”

Ginny groaned. “Grimmauld Place? I had to spend a whole summer there and we weren’t allowed out. It was dreadful.”

“You did? When?” Harry asked.

“The summer Moony and I took you away to Spain,” Sirius said quietly.

“Oh!” Harry said.

Ginny looked back and forth between the two men curiously. She was a little confused with Harry’s reaction to her having stayed at Grimmauld Place.

“The Order used Grimmauld Place as headquarters that summer and the Weasleys stayed there,” Sirius said to Harry. “Grimmauld Place is my family home,” he then said to Ginny.

“Oh…I didn’t mean…I’m sorry…”

“You’re sorry? I had to grow up there. It was dark and depressing then, too. I was ever so glad to escape it when I tuned sixteen and ran away to the Potter’s,” he continued.

“So you don’t there now?” she asked curiously.

“No, I live in a cottage that belonged to my uncle. It’s in a country village and is nice and peaceful,” Sirius said.

“That’s where I grew up,” Harry said.

Ginny nodded. She was extremely glad that Harry didn't have to grow up in that dark house. It would have been horrible for a child.

"So, Ginny, are you a fanatical Harpies supporter?" Sirius asked as they sat around sipping tea.

"Well, yes, I have been a Harpies fan since I found out what Quidditch was," Ginny said happily. "Though, that's not the reason why I'm covered in the logo. I won a spot on the team in the latest trials. I've been training all day."

"A Harpy!" Sirius said sounding impressed. "That's going to throw your allegiances up the wall, isn't it, Harry?"

"What?" Ginny asked, turning to her boyfriend. "Is there something you haven't told me Mr. Potter?"

Harry gave her a cheeky grin and then glared at Sirius.

"Haven't you told her who you support, Harry?" Sirius asked with a grin.

"I support the Harpies," Harry stated.

"That's news to me, Li'l Prongs," Sirius said.

"Harry, please tell me you're not a Cannons fan," Ginny said.

"Good Godric, no," Harry replied, looking quite put out.

"Who was it then?" she asked.

"Puddlemere," Sirius stated.

"Seriously?" she asked. "I suppose it could be worse. They have some good players. You know that Charlie was Oliver Wood's captain at school."

"That's right," Harry said nodding. "He was a Gryffindor, too. You can blame Sirius, actually, for me liking Puddlemere. I was young and impressionable when he took me to see them. It was the first game I ever saw."

"Why them and not their opposition?" Ginny asked.

"They won the game by over four hundred points, so I thought they were great," Harry replied.

"That's a good score line," Ginny said. "I can see why..."

"They were playing Chudley," Sirius interrupted.

"Ahh...of course. At least the Cannons didn't have one of their extremely rare wins that day. Then you would have been another Cannon's tragic. Though, you and Ron would have had something to bond over," Ginny said.

Harry laughed and coughed tea all over the table.

"Harry!" exclaimed Sirius.

"Sorry," Harry replied. "How's Moony?"

"He's good. He seems much happier since we got back from America. He's been off doing more research. He'll be back for your birthday, though," Sirius said.

"When's your birthday?" she asked. "You didn't tell me that it's your birthday soon."

"It never came up..."

"I can tell why after what I saw as I came in. If that's the way you spend your free time, I wonder if you have told her anything," Sirius said with a sly smile.

Harry glared at his godfather. "It's on the thirty-first."

"Of July?" Ginny asked and after he nodded in reply she continued. "That's not long before mine."

"Yeah?" Harry asked, looking more interested. "When is yours?"

"August eleven," she replied.

"You know what we should do this year, Harry?" Sirius interrupted. "You need a birthday celebration. You've never had a decent one before."

"Like what?" Harry asked.

"Hmmm...I know, a dinner. We'll get Moony to come, and Andromeda, and Tonks," Sirius said. "Ginny, you can get your mum and dad to come. I haven't seen Arthur and Molly in ages. Who else?"

"Harry?" Ginny asked, looking at him curiously. He was looking a little worried.

"Any of Ginny's brothers and their partners, I guess," Harry said shrugging. "That will do."

"Surely you have some friends from work that you'd like to come," Ginny said.

Harry shrugged again and quickly glanced at Sirius. "Gin, I don't really have a lot of friends. I didn't go to school like you. I'd done all of the Auror training that was needed by the time I started at the Ministry, so I didn't have to go through official Auror training, so I didn't make friends in training. And this past year I've had to be a teacher to the trainees, so I couldn't be overly friendly with them. Tonks is the only other Auror close to me in age."

Ginny was stunned. She hadn't really thought about how lonely Harry's life had been. She had just assumed that he had the same sort of childhood as she did - playing with nearby friends and her brothers. But, of course, Harry didn't have any brothers and sisters, and she guessed Sirius didn't have any children. She really didn't know what to say to him. "Oh, Harry," she said quietly.

"I'm sorry, Li'l Prongs," Sirius said at the same time as Ginny. "I wish I could have given you that kind of childhood with school and friends..."

"It's okay, Padfoot," Harry said quietly.

"No, it's not," Sirius replied sounding quite upset.

"I understand why you think that, but what else could you do?" Harry said. "It was too dangerous. We knew that Voldemort was trying to get to me, and the school, and was targeting that teacher to do that. And Wormtail could have been anywhere. It wasn't safe for me and all the other students. Albus was right. We had to keep the school a safe area for the students, so I couldn't go there."

"So that's why you didn't go?" Ginny asked. "Dumbledore kept you away to keep the rest of us safe."

Harry and Sirius nodded.

"And it worked," Sirius said. "Voldemort didn't go near the school. He knew there was no point. Of course, that didn't stop Lucius Malfoy from trying, but after we thwarted one of his plans, he wasn't game to try again."

"Wow," Ginny said. "I didn't realise how much was going on that I didn't have a clue about. It must have been so difficult for you on the outside, in the middle of everything."

"Ginny, I wasn't in the middle of things much at all. I wasn't allowed to do much until later on when I was close to being of age and trained enough. Up until that point I was left with your mum, but that was after he reappeared," Harry said quietly.

"How did he reappear?" Ginny asked. "I was never really sure how that happened."

Both Sirius and Harry dropped their heads and looked quite white. She quickly understood that it was something they didn't like thinking about.

"Erm, Harry. I know some other people you might get along with. How about I get some of my friends together one night so that you could meet them," Ginny said, trying to change the subject.

Harry looked at her gratefully. "That sounds good, Ginny. I'd love to meet your friends."

Sirius took a little while to look himself again and then gave her a brief smile. "That sounds like a great idea, Ginny. He needs to find some people his age to spend time with." Sirius then stood up and placed his cup in the sink. "I should go."

Harry stood and gave his godfather a hug and whispered something in his ear to which Sirius smiled and nodded.

Sirius then walked over to Ginny and kissed her cheek. "I'm glad he's met you. Look after him for me."

Ginny smiled and nodded and watched Sirius pat Harry on the shoulder before leaving.

Harry then turned to Ginny and smiled, though it wasn't a bright, cheerful smile. He still looked a little down.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I shouldn't have asked that."

"No, it's fine. You didn't know. Sirius has a lot of guilt about that, even though it wasn't his fault," Harry said.

Ginny nodded. "Okay, I won't bring it up again."

"You can ask about things, Ginny. And I will answer you the best I can," he said.

"Only if you want to," she said. "I don't want you to feel forced into telling me things."

"I want to tell you, I really do. Some things might just take a while," he said.

"That's fine, Harry. I understand."

"Come into the sitting room and we can talk in comfort," Harry said.

Ginny followed Harry into the sitting room and they sat on the same comfortable couch as before. Harry turned to face her and reached for her hand and laced his fingers through hers.

"I was kidnapped," he said suddenly.

"When?"

"When Voldemort was returned to his body," Harry said. "He managed to get a Portkey to me and I was taken to a graveyard and he used my blood as part of a ritual. Sirius was out at the time and he felt if he was around it wouldn't have happened."

"How did you get away?" Ginny asked, horrified at what Harry had to go through.

"He gave me my wand back, to duel with me. I managed to Summon the Portkey and luckily it took me home, but by that time Sirius and Remus were really worried. It was a long time before Sirius left me alone again."

Ginny sat quietly taking in what Harry had said. She knew there would be more to the story, but she was quite glad that Harry didn't tell her any more. She pulled her hand out of his grip and brushed his hair back from his face tenderly. He turned his head and kissed her hand as she moved it up his cheek.

"Can I ask you something completely different?" she asked a bit later.

"Of course," he replied with a smile.

"Why does Sirius call you Li'l Prongs?" she asked.

Harry grinned. "Ah, I was wondering if you'd say something about that. When Sirius was at school, he, Remus, my dad, and their other traitorous friend, Peter, called themselves the Marauders. They all had nicknames to do with their Animagus forms - well, all except Remus."

"They could transform to animals while they were still at school?" Ginny asked, with wonder.

"They could, and no one knew about it, either. Sirius has registered his form now that the war is over, but before that they were all illegal Animagi," Harry said, still grinning. "Sirius is a dog; my dad was a Stag, and Peter was a rat - and he really lived up to that, let me tell you."

"And their nicknames?" Ginny asked eagerly.

"As you probably heard, Sirius is Padfoot, Remus is Moony, Peter was Wormtail, and my dad, Prongs," Harry said. "Sirius started calling me Little Prongs when I was small 'cause I look so much like my dad. Over the years, he got a little lazy and Little became Li'l."

"And are you an Animagus, too?" Ginny asked, feeling very curious.

"I am," Harry replied with a cheeky smile.

"And?"

"And what?" he teased.

"And I was wondering what animal you are?” she asked, a little shyly.

“Well, I’m not Prongs,” Harry said, teasingly.

She almost growled in frustration and he laughed at her response.

“Are you going to tell me?” she asked.

“I need some encouragement,” he said with a wink.

“You do, do you?” she asked. After he nodded she leaned over and kissed him quickly on the lips.

“I think a little more encouragement is needed,” he teased.

She tried to glare at him but she spoilt it by laughing at him. This time when she leaned closer, he grabbed her arms and pulled her against his body so that she couldn’t escape — not that she really wanted to. Her hands found their way into his hair again and his hands moved from her arms to rub her back. This kiss was not as passion-filled as their kissing was earlier. It was, however, extremely enjoyable and Ginny found herself lost in Harry’s kiss and the feel of his hands travelling across her back.

A long time later Harry rolled her so that they were lying on their sides, face-to-face. “I think that might have worked,” he said.

“What?” Ginny asked, a little dazed. She had totally forgotten why she had started kissing him in the first place.

He laughed and kissed her nose. “I’m a jaguar.”

“Really?” she asked, amazed. “Can I see?”

Before she had finished speaking, a jet black jaguar was standing over her purring. She reached up and rubbed her hand over his head and he pushed into her hand as she rubbed, causing her to laugh. He soon transformed back to himself and she found herself back with her hand in his hair.

“That’s amazing, Harry,” she said “I’ve only ever seen Professor McGonagall transform and that was in class. How old were you when you first transformed?”

“I was about thirteen…”

“What?” she asked amazed. “So young.”

“I started learning when I was young. I’ve had my wand since I was eight. I was allowed to start early — Albus organised it for me so that I wouldn’t get in trouble with the Ministry. And I pestered Sirius to help me learn from about the age of ten. He thought it was great. It took a while seeing I was so young, but I managed it eventually. Of course, I wasn’t a full grown jaguar straight away,” he said.

“Why were you so keen?” she asked curiously.

“I wanted to help Remus like Sirius did,” Harry replied.

Ginny looked at him curiously, not quite understanding what he meant.

“Oh, I haven’t mentioned it to you, have I. How did I forget that?” he said, more to himself. “Remus is a werewolf.”

Ginny felt her eyebrows lift as far as they could go.

“That’s why he’s called Moony,” Harry continued. “Sirius and Dad became big animals so that they could spend full moon with him. These days Remus takes the Wolfsbane Potion but we still transform when he does and spend the full moon with him — if we’re together, that is. Are you okay, Ginny?”

She realised that he must have noticed her reaction. “Yeah, I am now. It was a little bit of a shock, I guess. The only werewolves I’ve heard about are horrible and worked for You-Know…Voldemort,” she said, changing the name as she remembered how much Harry disliked hearing him called that.

“Remus is nothing like that. He was bitten as a child by the most horrible of werewolves, but never went and joined them. He’s now trying to research a cure, or a better option than Wolfsbane.”

“Wow, that’s wonderful. Has he had any success?” she asked.

“Not really, but he only started after the last war,” Harry replied.

“Have you got a nickname?” Ginny asked.

Harry shook his head. “No, Sirius was stuck on Little Prongs and didn’t feel like changing it.”

“Remind me to show you something I got given by Fred and George,” she said. “I think Sirius might like it, too.”

“What is it?” Harry asked curiously.

“I’ll show you later,” she said. “It’ll be easier to explain.”

“What do you plan on doing just now?” Harry asked.

Ginny looked at her watch. “There’s about an hour until dinner time. I guess I could find something to do here until then.”

Harry grinned and pulled her close.

















Reviews 151
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear