Search:

SIYE Time:14:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Set Up Gone Wrong
By jojo99

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 151
Summary: AU H/G fluff. Ron forces Ginny to go to a boring Department dinner to make up numbers. She realises it's a set up. Unfortunately for Ron, Ginny enjoys the company of a lovely black-haired man, not the man Ron wants her to talk to.
Hitcount: Story Total: 95046; Chapter Total: 10309
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5



Ginny sat at the kitchen table staring at the cup of tea in her hands, pondering the shock her parents had given her less than twelve hours ago. She was shaken from her reverie by her mother coming in with a basket of eggs.

“No training today?” her mother asked as she put the eggs in the pantry.

“We have the weekend off,” Ginny replied without looking at her mum.

“Are you alright?” her mum asked.

Ginny looked up and met her mum’s eyes. Her mother was looking at her carefully. Ginny answered with a shrug of her shoulders.

“What’s troubling you?” her mum asked, sitting down across the table from her. “Is it something with Harry?”

Ginny shook her head and sat quietly for a few moments before looking straight at her mother. “Why did you and Dad say that last night?”

“Ahh,” her mum said with a wry smile. “I was wondering if you’d say anything.”

“Honestly, Mum, that’s the last thing I ever imagined you’d say to me.”

Her mother chuckled. “A few years ago I probably wouldn’t have said that.”

“So why now?”

“Because I’ve had time to think and reflect on things,” Molly said quietly. “The war changed things for many families and it’s made me think how lucky we are. We all made it through — a little battered maybe, but we’re all here. And I’ve been thinking about how proud I am of all my children. You’ve all worked so hard and generally have made good decisions over the years. I really feel that your dad and I have done a good job raising you all.”

“And that includes the twins!” Ginny said with a chuckle.

“Yes, it does,” her mum said definitely.

“So you’re saying that you trust me.”

“I trust you to make sensible choices and make them wisely. I think we’ve instilled enough values into you that will help you to make those choices,” her mum replied. “We also like and trust Harry. We know he’s not going to mess you around.”

“You really don’t mind me staying at Harry’s?”

“I don’t mind you staying there. Though, I’m not encouraging you to rush into anything, either.”

“Okay,” Ginny replied looking at her mum strangely.

“I’m not silly, Ginny. I know you don’t need to stay the night to have sex…”

“Mum!”

“What? Ginny, I have seven children. I know what sex is.”

Ginny dropped her head to the table and tried to pretend she hadn’t heard her mother’s last sentence.

“Ginny, as I’ve told you before, I can see the way that you and Harry look at each other and treat each other, what you have is special and I know that you two have or will…”

“We haven’t…yet.”

Her mum nodded. “That’s what I’m saying. You’ve had plenty of opportunities, I’m sure…yet you’re waiting until you’re ready…”

“Good Godric, Mum,” Ginny said, feeling her face redden. “This is really not a conversation that I’d planned on having.”

“Yet it’s one that we should be having. The last thing that I want is you sneaking around behind your dad’s and my back.”

“I understand, Mum. It’s just a little awkward. I’d always thought that you would be dead against me staying with a boy before I was married,” Ginny said quietly.

“I did, too,” her mum replied. “That is until I saw you and Harry together.”

Ginny nodded. “I understand. I’m not rushing anything, but I also really like Harry…”

“You love him,” her mum stated.

Ginny looked at her mum and glared.

“You do.”

“Maybe I do, but I’d prefer to talk to Harry about that,” she said.

Her mum nodded and Ginny sat at the table looking across at her mother. Her mum was sitting quietly, looking happy that she had got her point across. Ginny took a sip of tea before deciding to change the subject.

“Mum, do you mind if I invite some friends over for a bit of a party for my birthday?”

“When?”

“I was thinking of two weeks from today, the Saturday after my birthday. I want Harry to meet my friends. He doesn’t know many people our age, so I thought that this would be a good chance for him to make some friends,” Ginny said.

“That should be fine,” her mum replied. “What do you need me to do?”

“Erm…would you mind helping me make a few things?” Ginny asked

“I can do that.”

“Thanks Mum.”



oooOOOooo



Gin ny woke on the morning of her birthday to see Harry’s beautiful white owl, Hedwig, sitting on her windowsill. The sun was shining in from behind the owl, causing Ginny to smile at the thought of having a lovely sunny day for her birthday. She hopped out of bed and walked over to the window where Hedwig was waiting patiently beside a white box that she had obviously brought with her. Ginny reached out and gently patted Hedwig's head and received a gentle 'hoot' in return. She then turned to the box. It was long and fairly narrow with a small envelope attached to it.

"Oh, Harry, what have you sent me?" she said quietly to herself as she took the box and sat back on her bed.

She opened the envelope and pulled out a small piece of parchment with Harry’s scrawl across it. Happy Birthday, Ginny. Have a great day. I’ll see you tonight. Love Harry.

“Love, Harry!” she exclaimed, rereading the message again with a huge smile.

Ginny then carefully opened the box to find a single lavender rose. She lifted it out of the box and she breathed in the wonderful aroma coming from the flower. After spending a few minutes with the rose under her nose, she conjured a vase and put the rose in it with some water, and then placed it on her dresser.

“Ginny?” her mum said from outside her bedroom. “Are you up?”

“Yes.”

The door opened and her mother walked in smiling. “Happy birthday, my dear.”

“Thanks, Mum.”

“Breakfast is ready,” her mum said and then turned towards the door, stopping when she saw Hedwig. “Harry’s owl?”

Ginny laughed. “You know she is. You’ve seen her before.”

“She’s beautiful,” said her mother. “Did she bring you something special?”

Ginny nodded and indicated towards her dresser.

Her mother walked over to the dresser and sniffed the flower. “Gorgeous.”

“Isn’t it?” Ginny replied.

“You know there’s a lovely vase downstairs that was your grandmother’s. It would look even better in that. You’re more than welcome to use it,” her mum said. “While you’re there, you should check the book on flowers and their meanings.”

“What?”

“Just have a look,” her mum said, smiling as she walked out the door.

Ginny didn’t get a chance to look at the book her mother had mentioned. She had a full day of training and then had to rush when she got home to get cleaned up before her brothers and Harry arrived for dinner. She had just walked out into the garden when Harry and Ron appeared at the gate and started walking towards her.

“Hi, there, birthday girl,” Harry said when they were closer.

Ginny grinned and walked into his open arms. She heard Ron groan as Harry’s lips met hers and she couldn’t stop herself from laughing.

“Ron, I had to see you snogging Lavender all the time, so you can just put up with this,” she said before dramatically pulling Harry’s head towards hers again. After they kissed again, she looked at Ron and smiled. “Plus, it’s my birthday. You’re supposed to be nice to me.”

Ron shook his head and laughed. “Happy birthday, little sister.” He gave her a brief hug and then disappeared inside.

Ginny turned back to Harry and smiled.

“Have you had a good day?” he asked.

“Training was full on, but went okay,” she replied. “I have to say the best bit so far was waking to a lovely present delivered by a beautiful white owl.”

Harry pulled her into his arms again and grinned down at her. “You liked it?”

“I love it,” she replied. “It smells gorgeous. My whole room smelled beautiful when I went in a little earlier. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I actually got it from the garden at Godric’s Hollow, where my parents lived when I was little. The house has gone, but the garden is still lovely. Sirius said that my dad gave my mum the rose bush when they moved there. I thought it was appropriate.”

Ginny looked at him curiously. “Has this got something to do with its meaning? Mum said I should look it up, but I haven’t had a chance.”

Harry smiled. “It might do.”

“That doesn’t help me at all, Harry.”

He grinned and pulled a small package out of his pocket. “Here, this is for you. Happy birthday.”

Ginny took the package and smiled happily at her boyfriend. “Come and sit with me so that I can open it.”

They walked hand-in-hand over to a bench under a nearby oak tree. Harry pulled her against him as they sat, and Ginny enjoyed the feeling of his arm around her. It had been a few days since she had been able to spend some time alone with Harry. She rested her head against Harry’s shoulder and started to carefully unwrap her present. Ginny was left with a jewellery box once the wrapping paper had been removed. She looked at Harry carefully, hoping that he hadn’t spent a lot of gold on her. She carefully opened the box and gasped.

“I hope you like it,” Harry said quietly.

“It’s beautiful,” Ginny replied, kissing Harry on the cheek.

“I know you don’t like over-the-top, flashy stuff,” he said. “When I saw this I thought of you straight away. It’s so delicate looking but also seems so strong — if that makes sense.”

Ginny looked up at her boyfriend and nodded. She carefully pulled the necklace out of the box and held it up. The thin gold chain had a pendant hanging on it which flashed in the late afternoon sunlight. The pendant was an intricate knotted Celtic design and Ginny could tell exactly what Harry had meant by being delicate but strong. The individual strands on the pendant were so fine, but all together, in the never-ending design, it looked anything but fragile.

“Thanks, Harry,” she said quietly. “It’s so beautiful. Will you put it on for me?”

Harry nodded and she turned so that she was facing away from Harry. She handed him the necklace and pulled her hair out of the way. After Harry had secured the chain around her neck, he softly brushed his hands down her back causing her to shiver. He then kissed the back of her neck and just below her ear.

“I love you, Ginny,” he whispered next to her ear.

She spun around to look at Harry and enveloped him in a hug. “Oh, Harry, I love you, too.”

“Really?”

She nodded. “I do. I didn’t want to believe it at first. I didn’t think it would ever happen so quickly. I’ve only known you for two months.”

“Sirius said that my dad knew he loved my mum the first time he saw her,” Harry said.

“Yeah?”

“I think I knew it deep down the night we met,” Harry continued.

“You did?”

He nodded. “We just clicked and I knew I couldn’t not have you in my life.”

She smiled at him and rubbed her hand gently across his cheek. “I feel that way, too. It just took my mum pointing it out for me to realise what I was really feeling.”

Harry smiled and leaned towards her pressing his lips to hers. His arms pulled her against him and she found herself melting against him as their kiss deepened. She ran her fingers through his silky hair and moaned as Harry started kissing his way down her neck towards her collar bone.

“Oi, lover birds!” George yelled across the garden.

Ginny reluctantly pulled away from Harry and groaned.

“Time for food,” Ron yelled.

Ginny was tempted to yell out that she wasn’t hungry and would prefer to stay right where she was. Harry’s forehead was resting against hers and he was trying to steady his breathing.

“Your brothers have bad timing,” Harry stated.

“That they do. I’d love to tell them that I don’t want food, but then they’d come and find us. That would be worse.”

Harry nodded. He stood up, offered her his hand and then led her across the garden to where her family was waiting to celebrate her birthday.

The rest of the evening was a daze for Ginny. She could not remember what she had eaten, what she had talked about with her family, or even what gifts she had been given. Harry had told her he loved her. That was all she could think of through dinner and right up until she was lying in her bed looking at the lavender coloured rose — which she had discovered meant love at first sight.



oooOOOooo



“G inny!”

She turned to the voice coming from the gate. “Demelza!” she replied enthusiastically and then walked quickly towards her friend.

Demelza greeted her with a big hug and then looked at her in mock anger. “You’ve already forgotten about me.”

“I have not,” Ginny replied quickly. “I’ve been busy training.”

“I know. I’m just kidding. So how is it being a Harpy?” Demelza asked. “I’m so excited that you’re playing for them. When I got your owl telling me, I was jumping up and down for ages. My mum thought I’d gone mad.”

Ginny laughed at her friend’s excitement. “You’ll have to try out next year.”

“I’ll never make it.”

“You could,” Ginny said trying to encourage her friend. “I’d love to have you there with me.”

“I’m not that good, Ginny, but I’ll see when the time comes,” Demelza replied. “I have to get through my last year of Hogwarts first.”

“Good.”

“So — the Harpies have been keeping you really busy, have they?” Demelza asked.

“Well...,” Ginny said with a small smile. “I do train a lot, but, I have met someone…”

Demelza grabbed Ginny’s hands and gave a squeal. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Is he here?” Demelza asked, looking around.

“Not yet. He’ll be here soon.”

“You’ll have to tell me all about it,” said Demelza.

“I will,” Ginny replied. “But, it’ll have to wait. Neville has just arrived. I should say hello.”

“Okay,” here friend replied. “I’ll go and find someone to talk to.”

“You do that.”

Ginny then walked over to the gate where Neville was talking to a few others that had just arrived.

“Happy Birthday, Ginny,” Neville said, handing her a parcel.

“Thanks, Neville. I’m glad you could come. There’s someone I really want you to meet a bit later.”

Neville looked a little curious but nodded.

“Ron’s over near the food,” Ginny said.

Neville laughed. The others behind Neville joined in.

“Hi, Seamus, Dean,” Ginny said as Neville moved away.

“Happy birthday,” the pair said at the same time, causing them all to laugh.

Seamus handed over a gift, pulled her into a hug, and kissed her cheek. Dean smiled at her from behind his friend.

Ginny quickly pulled away as she saw Harry appear behind the two young men. Harry smirked at her quick movement from Seamus. He then came over and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and brushed a kiss across her lips. Harry then offered his hand towards Seamus.

Seamus looked back and forth between Ginny and Harry and then winked at Ginny. He then shook hands with Harry. “Hi, I’m Seamus.”

“Harry.”

“Nice to meet you,” Seamus said. “This is Dean.”

“Hi, Dean,” Harry replied.

Dean shook Harry’s hand a little quickly and gave half a smile.

Ginny chuckled a little at Dean’s reaction to Harry. Harry looked at her curiously.

“Old boyfriend?” Harry asked as they walked slowly behind Dean and Seamus.

“Not really,” she replied.

“How does that work?” Harry asked looking at her curiously.

“He asked me out heaps of times and eventually I gave in and went to Hogsmede a couple of times with him, but that was it. I could tell he wasn’t right for me,” she replied.

“Oh, okay,” Harry said. “Will there be many ex-boyfriends here?”

“Jealous?”

“No, not really. I didn’t know you then. I wish I did,” Harry said hugging her close. “I’m just curious. You’ve never said much about past boyfriends.”

“That’s because they are few and far between. Fred, George, and Ron made sure of that,” she said, resting her head against Harry’s shoulder.

“They didn’t mind Dean?” Harry asked.

“Fred and George weren’t at Hogwarts then, and Ron was just starting out with Lavender so he wasn’t as vigilant in his scare tactics.”

Harry laughed. “Ah, I see.”

Ginny and Harry stopped walking and Ginny looked around at the group in front of her. Ron was talking with Neville, Dean, and Seamus. Demelza was looking a little awkward standing with Hermione, Luna, and two of Ginny’s Gryffindor classmates, Jescinta and Andrea. Fred and George were talking animatedly with their good friend, Lee Jordan, as well as Ginny’s old Gryffindor team mates, Angelina, Katie, and Alicia. Off to the side, Ginny saw Hannah, Padma, Parvati, Lavender, and Susan. Hannah was watching Neville shyly, Padma was staring at the gate, obviously waiting for Terry to arrive, and the others looked as if they were trying to calm Lavender down. Ginny was surprised that Lavender had actually come.

“So these are all your friends?” Harry asked as he looked around.

“Yeah, though a lot of them are probably closer friends of my brothers, but I get along with them,” Ginny said. “A few haven’t arrived yet. Do you know anyone here?”

“Just your brothers and Hermione...oh, and Seamus and Dean.”

“Okay, then. Time for you to meet them all,” Ginny said before whistling loudly at the group.

“Alright, you lot,” she said loudly once everyone had quietened. “I’d like you to meet someone. This here is Harry. He works in the Auror office like Ron. I’d run through everyone’s names but that would just get far too confusing. So introduce yourself when you get the chance.”

Ginny then led Harry over to where Ron was standing. A happy looking Ron immediately shook hands with Harry and gestured to his nearby friends.

“Have you met any of these gits yet?” Ron asked Harry, causing Seamus to light heartedly punch him on the arm.

“Ginny introduced me to Seamus and Dean,” Harry replied.

Ginny wrapped her arm around Harry’s waist and swung him to face Neville.

“Hi, I’m Neville,” Neville said, introducing himself before Ginny had the chance.

Harry shook Neville’s offered hand. “Harry Potter.”

Ginny watched the boys’ reactions to Harry’s introduction and laughed. “I think you shocked them.”

“It’s great to meet you,” Neville said.

“You’re really Harry Potter?” Seamus asked.

“I am,” Harry replied.

“Somehow I thought you’d be much taller,” Seamus said.

Harry laughed. “I hear that so often. Sorry to disappoint you, Seamus.”

“Oh, I’m not disappointed. I always thought you’d be some tall, strong hero type. You’re just like us, really,” Seamus said.

“That I am,” Harry replied, with a smile.

Ginny leaned against Harry and he smiled down at her. She could tell that he was starting to relax a little and she was glad. She wanted Harry to get along with her friends.

“So you and Ginny are going out?” Dean asked.

“We are,” Ginny replied.

“You’re brave, Harry,” Neville said.

“How’s that?” Harry asked.

“She has six older brothers who made it their duty to scare away potential boyfriends. I saw first-hand what they could do,” Neville said.

Ginny groaned. “They wouldn’t dare to do that to Harry.”

Ron nodded. “Yeah. I’ve seen him wield a wand. I don’t want to be on the end of that. Plus, Harry’s an okay bloke, except when he’s attached to my sister’s lips.”

Neville, Seamus, and Dean laughed. Harry slapped Ron on the arm and muttered “Thanks, mate” while Ginny just smiled at the boys getting along.

Ginny heard a loud groan a small distance away and turned to face it. Lavender and Pavarti were staring at the gate with furious looks, and Ginny could understand why when she looked at the gate. One of the few girls from Gryffindor that she truly disliked was standing at the gate with a look of distain across her face. She then noticed who she was standing with. Why is Colin Creevy here with Romilda Vane?

Ginny quickly excused herself to Harry, who looked perfectly happy chatting with Ron and his mates. She walked over and found Demelza and pointed out the new arrivals.

“Why is she here?” Demelza asked.

“No idea…well, she appears to be here with Colin. I certainly didn’t invite her,” Ginny replied. “Come with me and we can find out.”

Demelza nodded and they both walked over to Colin who grinned when he saw Ginny. “Hi, Ginny. Happy Birthday.”

Thanks, Colin,” Ginny said, before turning towards the uninvited girl. “Romilda, what a surprise seeing you here.”

“Mmm,” Romilda replied. “Colin told me that you were throwing a huge party and everyone was coming, so I offered to be his date. It would have been horrible for him if he had to come alone.”

“Sure, because Colin knows no one here,” Demelza said sarcastically from beside Ginny.

“I couldn’t turn down such an invitation,” Colin said with a smile.

Ginny sighed. She had a small idea that Colin thought he’d be getting lucky by bringing Romilda along. Ginny shook her head at the thought.

“You actually grew up here?” Romilda asked looking at the Burrow in disdain.

“I did,” Ginny said. “And it was great. We had the paddock, the forest and the pond to play in and explore. What more could you want as a kid?”

Romilda sneered as she looked around. “If you think so?”

Ginny gritted her teeth. “I do,” she said sharply. “Have fun. I have people I need to see.” Ginny then grabbed Demelza’s arm and the both stalked away.

“I can’t believe…”

“Please, Demelza, I don’t want to think about it.”

“Okay, Ginny,” Demelza replied, before smirking. “Tell me about Harry, then.”

Ginny grinned. “That’s definitely something much more pleasant to talk about.”



oooOOOooo



G inny Levitated trays of drinks into the garden of the Burrow and looked around. Her party had been going for a few hours and everyone looked happy. The rest of her friends had arrived not long after Colin. They had gone through numerous plates of food and countless bottles of Butterbeer. Fred and George had produced a few bottles of Firewhiskey once her parents had retired inside, so quite a few of the partygoers currently had cups of Firewhiskey in their hands. Once she had placed the trays on the table, Ginny walked towards Luna who was standing by herself and staring into the heavens.

“It’s a great party,” Luna said, without looking away from the sky.

“Are you having fun?”

“I am. Venus is bright at this time of year,” Luna said dreamily.

“Is it?” Ginny said and at the same time tried to remember if Venus was even visible at this time of year.

“Harry is lovely,” Luna said, suddenly. “You’re meant for each other.”

“Thanks. Did you get the chance to talk to him?”

“Briefly, but Ron pulled him away to meet someone not long after we started talking,” Luna said.

“Oh, sorry about that. Ron can be…”

“I understand,” Luna said, finally taking her eyes away from the heavens. “I’ll let you go. I’m going to go and talk to the gnome family over there.”

Ginny shook her head as Luna walked away. She and Luna were great friends, but she found Luna as odd as everyone else did.

“Ginny!”

She turned around to see Tonks striding towards her, dressed outlandishly in ripped and studded orange pants and a violet skin tight shirt. Her hair was turquoise and clashed horribly with her shirt and pants, but for some reason Tonks made it look good.

“Tonks! Are you having fun?”

“Oh, I am, but I have to apologise. I just upset a friend of yours and made her leave,” Tonks said sheepishly.

“What? Who?”

“Erm…I can’t remember her name, but she was wearing a very short skirt and a red low necked shirt…”

“You made Romilda leave?” Ginny asked, amazed.

“I’m so sorry, Ginny. She was annoying me so I just told her a few truths about girls like her and she stomped her foot and took off,” Tonks said.

“Really? Oh, Tonks, don’t worry. You did everyone a favour by getting her to leave. She wasn’t invited.”

“Oh, thank Merlin. I was wondering about you and her being friends, but you never know,” Tonks said grinning. “I guess that’s why some of the girls over there cheered.”

“Definitely,” Ginny said smiling. “Oh, Tonks you’re a legend. Hey, have you seen Harry around?”

“He’s over there with Percy and Bill.”

“Really?” Ginny said in amazement.

“Yeah. Fred got Percy pissed and he’s telling jokes. They’re not at all funny, but it’s hilarious listening to him going on and on.”

“Sweet Merlin! I should go and rescue him.”

“They’re actually trying to get everyone to go into the Leaky Cauldron to keep the party going without annoying your parents. Are you up for it?” Tonks asked.

“I guess so,” Ginny replied. “If Harry wants to go.”

“It seems like he’s been having fun tonight. He’s been happily chatting with your brothers and their friends all night,” Tonks said. “It’s so good to see him like this.”

“I’ve barely seen him at all tonight, but I don’t mind because the main reason I had this party was for Harry to meet people our age.”

“And he has, so it’s all good,” Tonks said.

“So, Tonks, have you met anyone that takes your interest?” Ginny asked, thinking back a couple of weeks at the pub after Harry’s birthday.

“Oh, there’s plenty of fresh meat here, some of it is a little too young, but it’s fun to window shop,” Tonks said.

“So you really do like older men?” Ginny asked.

“Yes, she does,” Harry said from behind her. “Don’t believe her if she denies it.”

Ginny leaned against Harry as his arms wrapped around her from behind. “Do you still like Remus that much?” she asked.

“No, I’m over him,” Tonks said.

“No, she’s not,” Harry said. “But she keeps telling herself that daily in the hope that one day it happens.”

Tonks glared at Harry and sighed.

Harry let go of Ginny and pulled Tonks into a hug. “Sorry, Dora. One day he’ll realise what he’s missing. Maybe you should just help him realise it.”

“How?” Tonks asked as she pulled out of Harry’s hug.

“Maybe you need to flaunt some different men in front of him. Nothing else Sirius or I have said has made a difference,” Harry said.

Tonks sighed. “Maybe…”

“Try it, Dora,” Harry said. “You won’t know otherwise.”

Tonks nodded and then set her shoulders. “Good thing there are a few young men around here to start with.”

Harry and Ginny laughed as Tonks strutted away towards Seamus and Dean.

“Oh, Godric. Seamus is going to love that,” Ginny said.

Harry pulled her against him and kissed her gently. “I’ve barely seen you tonight.”

“Have you had fun?” Ginny asked.

“I have,” Harry replied, smiling. “Your friends are great. I had a great time chatting with Neville, Dean, and Seamus…Ron, too.”

“That’s great. Did you talk to Luna at all?” Ginny asked with a smile.

“She’s the one with long blonde hair and vegetables as earrings?” Harry asked.

“That’s her. She’s a little out there but is lovely,” Ginny said.

“She started telling me something about…Nargles, and then Ron came and took me away,” Harry said.

“That sounds about right. Luna believes in the oddest things. Watching her and Hermione talk is hilarious. They are so different.”

“I could imagine. Hermione always seems to be so factual,” Harry said.

“She is.”

“But enough of them,” Harry said quietly and then kissed her on the nose. “How about you and me? Do you want to go to the pub for a while?”

“That sounds fun,” Ginny said.

“And then we could have some extra time together before you need to be home,” Harry said.

Ginny grinned. She hadn’t told Harry about what her parents had said the night of his birthday. She decided that she would see what happened while they were out and then decide about where she would sleep that night.



oooOOOooo



Gi nny leant against the bar and watched Colin and Demelza dance closely on the dance floor. Demelza seemed to be over her idolisation of Ron, which was probably a good thing, though Ginny would prefer to see him going out with someone likeable — like Demelza.

“What is Tonks doing out there?” Harry asked from beside her, where he stood talking to Neville.

“Dancing,” Ginny stated.

“With three men, though?”

“She seems to be taking your advice,” Ginny said.

“But Remus isn’t here,” Harry said.

“Someone may tell him, or maybe she’s just practising,” Ginny said.

“She does look like she’s having fun,” Neville said. “And Seamus and Justin look like they’re having fun.”

“Seamus would prefer to be dancing with three girls,” Ginny said.

“That he would,” Neville replied. “If you two would excuse me, I’ve acquired enough courage to ask Hannah to dance.”

“Have fun,” Ginny yelled as Neville walked towards the object of his affection.

“Do you want to dance?” Harry asked her as he pulled her against him.

“How about we get out of here?” Ginny suggested.

“You want to go home?” Harry asked looking a little surprised. “I thought we could spend some more time together. It’s not that late.”

“Oh, I don’t intend to go home,” Ginny said. “I just want us to be alone.”

Harry pulled her tight against him and kissed her deeply. “That sounds like a great idea. Let’s get out of here.”

They walked carefully out of the Leaky Cauldron so that they didn’t get waylaid by any of their still partying friends. As soon as they were in the quiet alley, Harry pulled her against him and Apparated them to his doorstep.

As soon as they were inside, Harry’s mouth was on hers and Ginny’s hands were roaming across Harry’s back and into his soft hair. He pulled her tight against him as he kissed his way across her jaw to the tender spot just below her ear. Ginny’s hands clutched at Harry’s shoulders as his mouth worked its way down to her collar bone, causing her to moan.

“Gin,” Harry groaned. “We should go somewhere more comfortable.”

“Where did you have in mind?” she asked as she kissed the triangle of skin at the base of his throat where his shirt was undone.

“Couch?” Harry asked rubbing his hands over her bottom.

“Bed?” Ginny replied, moving her hands to a similar spot on his body.

“Ginny, if you come upstairs with me, I’ll find it very, very hard to take you home tonight.”

“I don’t have to go home, Harry,” she said, looking up through her eyelashes at Harry.

He groaned. “Your parents will kill me, so will your brothers.”

“Mum and Dad told me that they trust me to know what I’m doing. They will be fine with me staying.”

“What?”

“They actually expected me to stay here after your birthday.”

“Really?” Harry asked, stunned. “And they were okay with that?”

“They said so.”

“And are you comfortable staying, Gin?” Harry asked, looking at her tenderly.

“I am, Harry,” she replied.

“Oh, Merlin, I love you, Ginny,” he said leaning down to kiss her again.

“Love…you…too…Harry,” she replied between kisses.

Harry reached for her hand and led her up the staircase.


Reviews 151
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear