Search:

SIYE Time:1:06 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


In The Blood
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: The Noble and Most Ancient House Challenge (2012-1), The Noble And Most Ancient House Challenge (2012-1)
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 78
Summary: *** Winner of Best Historical, 3-way tie, in the Noble and Most Ancient House Challenge ***

A strange owl delivers a summons to Harry on December 1, 1995, telling him he is to be at a meeting on the Isle of Avalon in just 21 days. The parchment sets events in motion which give Harry an unexpected teacher and the knowledge he needs to comfortably assume his title as Lord of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 61956; Chapter Total: 6720





Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone who is reading. MNF




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 7:
“Out in the Open”


Early the next morning, Harry, Sirius and Remus Disapparated from the small garden behind Grimmauld Place to a clearing just past a forest and quite close to a street filled with nearly identical houses. Sirius fired a Patronus and a moment later a woman appeared. Sirius introduced her as Margaret Mary Catherine Imelda O'Lachlan, although she told Harry she preferred to go by Maggie. She had gone to Hogwarts with the guys and his parents, although she left in their fifth year when her mother was convinced it was too dangerous because of Voldemort. She completed her education at the Irish Magical Institute. She was now an Auror with the Magical Government of Ireland.

Quickly they again Apparated, arriving in the Wizarding section of Killarney. Harry enjoyed their shopping trip, even if Sirius and Remus were keeping him out of the more interesting looking shops; it was a relief not to be thinking about the attack. What he hadn't enjoyed was watching Sirius and Maggie flirt. It was odd, they were so old and while she was cute when she flirted, Harry thought Sirius just sounded desperate. Then again, he had been locked up for thirteen years, then lived as a dog, and then had been locked up in a creepy old house. Maybe he was desperate.

The shopping, however, had been fun. Harry had bought himself some interesting books, new self-inking quills, Quidditch gloves and new broom servicing supplies, jokes galore and some treats. He'd done his Christmas shopping for his friends, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Remus and Sirius. The last two gifts were difficult as the adults wouldn't let him out of their sight. Maggie had convinced the two of them she wanted to share stories about how Lily Evans had helped her learn to put on make up and do her hair their second year. Neither man wanted to share in such memories, and agreed to let Maggie chaperone Harry.

"Swear to ya, those two are afraid of anythin' with ovaries. Dinna even like me owl," Maggie explained. "Now, do ya have a special girl you wanna get a holiday treat for?"

"There was one, sort of, but once I learned about all of the Circle stuff I got distracted. I don't think she's interested anymore," Harry explained.

"Let me be the judge of tha'," Maggie suggested.

"Her name is Cho, and I've had been looking at her for a year now, but she had a boyfriend. Then he was killed, and I thought maybe we'd get together, but I don't think so now."

"Why do ya tink dat?"

"She was kissing one of my roommates the other day behind one of the Christmas trees."

Maggie scrunched here face up. "I tink you're right. So, is there anyone else? What about dis Hermione girl?"

"No, definitely not. She's like my sister. There is one girl, maybe, but it's complicated."

"Oh? Why is dat?"

"She's my best mate’s little sister."

"Ah, well, ask yerself one question. Is she worth da trouble?"

Harry stopped and thought about it, and then smiled. "She probably is. She's been really helpful while I've been working through all of this stuff in my head. She's really easy to talk to."

"Sounds like she migh' be a better choice," Maggie replied and Harry smiled. Unfortunately, they were in the Joke shop, and while Harry knew Ginny enjoyed pranking nearly as much as her twin brothers, he didn't think this was the best place to get anything for her.

"I think you're right. Is there somewhere to get her something nice, but not too girly?"

"I know jus' da thing," Maggie said and Harry followed her down to the Magical Mercantile. They walked about two-thirds of the way back and stopped in front of some knit caps. "I's cold dere in Scotland. De's hats adjust to da cold. Perfect gift, not too personal, bu' nice."

"Thanks," Harry happily said as he selected a dark brown one which he thought would go well with Ginny's hair. As they were headed to the front to pay, Sirius and Remus entered. The last thing Harry wanted was having the Mickey taken out of him. Sirius looked at what Harry was buying, and opened his mouth. Before he spoke a word, Maggie shut him down.

"Say anytin' Sirius, and Harry'll know abou' yer losin' yer pants and trousers on de Qudditch pitch." Remus started laughing, as did Maggie. Harry looked at Sirius, shocked. The man himself paused for a second, and then barked out a loud laugh.

"If I knew what a pip you were, I would have married you years ago," he replied.

"Like I woudda married you," Maggie replied dismissively, causing them all to laugh. Thankfully the adults laughing allowed Harry to put away his purchase.

"Our robes for the ceremony should be ready," Sirius said as they exited the mercantile. Harry scowled, he wasn't looking forward to wearing the outfit. He considered it ugly. The long tunic was white and without form. He had to wear a sort of cassock over the top, made from a white, purple and gold flecked material with a potter’s wheel embroidered on it. Over the top he had to wear a purple cape. The outfit was scratchy, cumbersome and made him feel like a dandy. He suspected this is how Ron felt at the Yule Ball the year before. The only thing which made it better was Sirius had an identical outfit. The single variation was the astronomer’s telescope on his cassock.

They picked up their outfits, and Sirius insisted he buy Harry's for him. "Think of it as an early Christmas present."

"Really, I would rather have some Chocolate Frog cards," he groused.

"Come on, we need to get to the house and get changed," Sirius explained. "Maggie, as always a pleasure." he took her hand and kissed it. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"When y'er readda ta get ta fair trial an' be free, jus come tell me. Believe me, my ministry would love ta stick it to da English," she said before she Disapparated. The trio of wizarding gentlemen too, Disapparated. Upon landing, they found themselves on the lawn of what appeared to be a summer home.

"Welcome to the Black family summer house, Stargazers Summit."

"Where are we?" Harry asked.

"Near Peel, on the Isle of Man," Sirius explained, sounding unhappy. "Used to be the Malfoy summer home. Grandfather changed the name when he took ownership."

"Oh," Harry replied with understanding as they walked to the door and entered the house.







Reviews 78
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear