Search:

SIYE Time:10:46 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bridge Love
By ginny_weasley13

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: He took her hand into his own and watched her smile grow uncertain as she looked down at their now tangled fingers. He waited until she looked back up at him, unasked questions littering the colored brown spaces in the middles of her eyes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3867



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


The knock that sounded on Harry’s door was a welcome interruption of work long past due. Harry called to the visitor, “Come in,” and turned around in his chair.

A tall red-haired woman walked through the door, a smile on her lips, hands hidden behind her.

Harry smiled at her. “Ginny! What can I do for you?”

“I have something to tell you.” As she strolled towards him, her glance roamed the room, stopping by a few trinkets before settling on Harry.

“What’s that?” he asked as he stood, wiping onto his thighs the grime he felt on his hands from sitting still for hours. As Ginny neared him, she slowed her walk until she stood in front of him.

She looked up at him with her head tilted to one side. “Promise you won’t laugh?”

“Promise.” Harry answered, his lips sealing to keep in a chuckle.

Ginny lifted herself on her toes and whispered in his ear, “I love you.”

She pressed her lips to his before rushing from the room.

Harry stood still. He could hear her light footsteps running across the floor below and then the door shut behind her. All the while, his blood thrummed through his veins, making his heart pound the way it did only when she was around. He felt his lips curving into a smile, then open as the love she’d left on them passed through the rest of him. Then, as he realized she was still running, he spurred his legs into action and followed in her hasty footsteps. He shouted goodbye’s to Ron and Hermione in the kitchen. After the fall of Lord Voldemort, they had all decided to move in together to a small, quiet town in northern England. Harry spotted pockets in the snow that had fallen the night before and ran alongside them until he saw her.

The small bridge provided a way across the clear, blue river that flowed parallel to the main road. More than just a footpath, the bridge

Harry let his hands rest on her shoulders. They looked out on the quiet river frozen still beneath them. The bank, usually bright green with life, was covered in white snow. The trees that surrounded them were painted white by the same snowfall. It was a regular winter wonderland.

Harry leaned to whisper in her ear, “I have something to tell you.” She sucked in a soft breath.

“You do?”

Harry nodded against her hair and bent closer. Something soft and cold hit the back of his head and Harry, startled, looked up. Ron was standing at the end of the bridge closest to their with a grin on his face and a snowball in his hand. Harry looked back down at Ginny and found that she had run away again. He didn’t see her anywhere so trudged back to Ron.

“What did you do that for?” Harry asked Ron as he hit his shoulder lightly.

“It’s winter.” Ron shrugged, shoved the snowball in his hand into Harry’s face, and dashed away before Harry could pack a snowball of his own. Harry ran after him and tossed a loose handful of snow at Ron’s back, barely making a sound as it rained upon his coat. Harry made his way back to the house, hoping to find Ginny. He saw her walking in the garden and veered in her direction, leaving Ron laughing and continuing inside.

Everywhere he looked he saw bright reds and greens and yellows. Rose bushes stood in two lines on either side of him, making their garden more of a low maze. Harry followed the roses until he saw Ginny, sitting on a bench in front of a willow tree and leaning over to smell the tiny purple flowers of the heather bushes that sat in a circle around the bench and tree. He stopped and watched her.

Every movement she made stole his breath. The grace of her hand as she reached up to touch the moss that was hanging from the willow branches. The soft sigh of laughter as she watched a buzzing bee search for pollen in some nearby bluebells. The curve of her lips when she noticed Harry standing so still, watching her. Harry smiled back as he walked to her and sat on the bench beside her.

“I have something to tell you,” Harry told her. Ginny watched as Harry took her hand into his. When she looked up, her smile was wide and bright.

“You do?” She giggled softly when Harry nodded. He leaned to whisper to her.

“Ginny!” Hermione called from the rosebush path, closer to the house. Ginny turned her head and stood, dropping Harry’s hand as she went. She glanced back at him with a grin.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere.” Ginny pointed at the bench and quickly danced away. Harry watched her until he couldn’t see her anymore then moved around on the bench until he could lean back against the thick trunk of the willow tree. He watched as birds flew around the garden, stopping at different flowers and landing in their nests high in the trees. He watched the leaves in the trees sway in the sudden breeze, some coming loose and fluttering to the ground. He watched the petals already on the ground get up and dance to the beat of music he couldn’t hear. He watched until his eyelids slid closed and he fell asleep.

Harry woke in his bed. His eyes took their time opening until he remembered what he’d been dreaming of. He sprung out of bed, tugging on a clean pair of jeans. Was it just a dream? Did Ginny not tell him she loved him? He skipped every other step as he ran down the stairs. He found Ron and Hermione eating breakfast and laughing. They both looked up when they heard him slide across the floor in his socks.

“Have either of you seen Ginny?” Harry asked, so fast they could almost not tell what he had said.

Hermione answered, “She’s on the bridge.”

Harry ran through the front door after stopping briefly to put on shoes and a coat. As he got closer to the bridge he could see the shape of a person standing on it, leaning against the railing and staring out at the water. Harry smiled widely and ran up to her. She looked at him and smiled, raising her eyebrows in that adorable way she tended to do things as he struggled to catch his breath. He took her hand into his own and watched her smile grow uncertain as she looked down at their now tangled fingers. He waited until she looked back up at him, unasked questions littering the colored brown spaces in the middles of her eyes.

“I have something to tell you.”
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear