Search:

SIYE Time:7:41 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Brewmaster's Mystery
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 150
Summary: MMB is growing, Charlie and Seph are about to be parents and Harry and Ginny will be wed in mere months; life appears to be perfect. But when unexplained failures begin occurring around the brewery, Harry can't help but wonder if something is afoot.
Hitcount: Story Total: 88266; Chapter Total: 2706





Author's Notes:
Hi, welcome back. Here's Ginny's Hen Party, I hope you enjoy. Thanks to my team for all their hard work, and to all of you who read and review. MNF




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 12:
Girls Just Want to Have Fun


February 11, 2000
Ginny’s POV:


“Why do I think I should be very afraid? Seriously, you need to blindfold me?” I remarked as Fleur wrapped the scarf over my eyes. I did not like this one bit.

“It is only for a few minutes,” she remarked as she tightened it over my eyes. “Relax, I promise Seph and I will let nozing bad happen to you.”

“Ginny, it’s okay,” Seph’s voice came from my left. “Fleur and I planned the first part of the evening. Your teammates have organised the second. We make no promises about that part.”

“Okay, then take me wherever it is we’re headed,” I told them and one of them wrapped an arm around me and I felt us Disapparate from the Burrow.

I wasn’t crazy about the idea of a Hen Party, especially if my teammates were involved. Their ideas of ‘entertainment’ and mine were exceptionally different. The girls often went clubbing, dancing with men they hardly knew. I only ever wanted Harry with me, wrapped up in his arms and swaying with him. Gyrating erotically against a stranger did nothing for me. They also consumed copious amounts of alcohol. A frustrated night during the war, while in hiding with my parents, and a snuck in bottle of Firewhiskey had taught me my lesson. Thankfully Tonks had been the one who found me. She and Remus had lectured me the following morning about what over-imbibing could lead to. They promised not to tell my parents, as long as they never heard of me doing it again. It was enough for me to contain my drinks to one or two in an evening. Honestly, I didn’t need it; I was usually drunk off my lust for my fiancé.

If I had been given my choice, I would have had a simple maids’ luncheon or dinner with the women standing up with me and some of the others from Hogwarts and the Brewery. I had enough of the pub crawling with my teammates after our matches. I truly just wanted a night to reflect on how Harry was special to me and all of them; and how grateful I was for their friendship.

It was a rough landing from the trip here, and I nearly fell into whomever had brought me. Thankfully two sets of hands held me steady.

“Easy there, Ginny,” Seph said. “You haven’t even begun drinking.” She and Fleur laughed, knowing I wasn’t a drinker. Of course, I’d be drinking more than either of them, since they were both still feeding their babies.

“Are you ready to see where we are?” Fleur inquired. Her lilting English tinged in French used to annoy the heck out of me; now I found it pleasant. Perhaps it was even comforting. She’d turned out to be invaluable in the last weeks, especially at keeping Hermione and Mum from driving me daft with details I couldn’t care less about. Honestly, who cares what colour the napkins are, or if we serve chilled melon and sorbet or Brie en croute at the wedding breakfast as the appetiser. I’d eat either, as would Harry. Fleur and I had even arranged for us to kidnap Seph and we all went to Paris. After meeting up with her Mum and sister, we went to the spa and had massages, manicures and pedicures. I also gave in and was waxed in places I didn’t plan on ever waxing again. I don’t care how popular it is with the gents, Harry wasn’t getting used to it. I don’t live in Brazil, I don’t need to look as if I did.

“Sure, let the torture begin,” I dryly replied. She removed the blindfold and I was happy to find myself inside The Stag, Dragon and Flaming Crown. “I thought I was being subjected to a night of clubbing and...excess.”

“Please give us a little more credit,” Seph rebuked. “We know you better than to think you’d be happy with that. Now, there will be some surprises later which your teammates arranged, but we’ve got this part covered more to your liking.”

I looked around the room, and I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. Without going over-the-top girly, the room had taken on a decidedly feminine aura. Tiny twinkling stars covered the ceiling, blinking and changing position. I watched as Cassiopeia was arranged over my head. One of these women had some impressive charming skills.

The tables were draped in a deep aubergine, while the napkins, flowers and candles on the tables were in lavender. With the white plates and crystal goblets, the pub looked downright striking.

“Hope it meets wiz your approval?” Fleur asked, and I just nodded in reply, suddenly needing to swallow down a lump in my throat.

“You are the best sisters-in-law, ever,” I told them as I reached to grab them in a three-way hug.

“It’s going to be a while before eizer of us have our babies getting married,” Fleur explained. “So, we wanted to get ze wedding fever out of our systems.”

“Harry is very special to me,” Seph added. “I wanted to do everything in the way Lily would have done it herself. I wish she could see you, see what you do for Harry.” She grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. Hers were rimmed with as of yet unshed tears. “You are so like her; fiery, independent, undeniably loyal and yet deeply loving and a romantic at heart. You both mastered keeping rather impulsive men in check, and made them earn your love. I don’t need to tell you how I feel about Harry. I want you to know I’m more than just your brother’s wife. Should you ever, ever need a motherly shoulder to cry on, I will be there for you. I know just how hard it is to live with that boy; I imagine being his wife will be that much more challenging.” The tears fell from her eyes and she released one hand. Then moving her palm to cup my cheek she spoke once more. “I know the people who have loved Harry since his first day on earth are looking down upon you. I’ve been told, firsthand, that they are listening. Don’t be afraid to speak to them as well. More than once I’ve heard their answer whispered on the wind.” Seph was on the verge of losing it, which was making it harder for me to keep from crying myself.

She reached into her dress and pulled out a small box. “Remus went through the Godric’s Hollow house with Eliza, after they were...” her voice broke again, and she stopped to gather herself again. “When they went to retrieve things, he brought back Lily’s jewellery box. Sirius had already salvaged her engagement ring from the wreckage. He thought Harry might want to give it to his bride one day.” I looked down at the impressive ring he’d presented to me when he proposed. “I took something from the box for the same woman. I had given this to Lily to wear on her wedding day, since I couldn’t be with her.” She handed me the small velvet box. I opened the lid to find a thin gold bracelet with and upside-down horseshoe. I knew the symbolism of this particular item; you wore it to catch luck as you were wed. I ran my finger over the delicate chain and the charm. I couldn’t believe I’d have a part of Lily Potter with me as I wed her son.

“I had planned to give this to you on your wedding day, but Fleur convinced me this might be a better time. She was afraid I’d ruin my make-up,” Seph joked and I looked at her. The make-up around her eyes was indeed smudged. I suspected mine was as well.

“Smart thinking,” I quipped back even as I wiped my own eyes.

“This is your something old,” she announced and I couldn’t think of something better.

“While we are being sentimental, I have somezing for you as well,” Fleur said as she handed me a long, thin box; the kind gloves would be gifted in. I lifted the lid, and inside was the most beautiful handkerchief I had ever seen. It was gold and white, but translucent somehow. As I ran my fingers over the delicate material, it surprised me, as the diaphanous colouring seemed to ripple beneath my fingers.

“Zat is the handkerchief from my wedding,” she explained. “I spun the cloth myself, using Veela magic. There isn’t anozer like it in zee world. I would be honoured if you were to carry it as your somezing borrowed.”

“Of course, it would be a privilege,” I gushed. I hugged each of them in turn, and we were all a little weepy now. Just then Hermione and Luna came in. They stopped, looked at us and Hermione cocked her head, unsure what was happening.

“Everything okay?”

“We’re fine,” Seph said. “Us Weasley women just get weepy once in a while.”

“We were having a sisterly bonding moment,” I informed her. “I think we should all go to the loo and freshen up. We’ll be right back, okay?” Hermione smiled and nodded.

“They’re all going to be intimate tonight,” Luna announced. “The lust faeries are dancing on their heads.” I looked at Fleur, who was struck dumb by the quote. Turning to Seph I saw an amused look on her face. She’d always taken better to Luna than most.

“Woo-hoo,” Seph cheered. “I’m always up for a little loving from my man.” She went so far as to do a little dance. I just turned and tried to Scourgify my brain of images of my brothers in bed with their respective wives.


******

“Please tell me that was the last of the food,” I begged. We’d been eating for two hours straight. Every time I thought we were through, the servers would emerge with another round. Hannah had engaged a few of her fellow culinary students to prepare our meal. She had found a magical cooking school in Brussels, and would Portkey twice a week for her classes. Every dish tonight was amazing.

“Yes, that’s it,” Hannah confirmed. “For someone who usually packs it away, you didn’t eat all that much tonight.” She was sitting across from me, Hermione and Luna flanking her.

“I do need to wear my dress on Monday. After having it meticulously fitted, I don’t want to charm it so it will fit,” I explained.

“Where did you get the dress?” Susan asked. I had been very evasive about where my gown had been created. Because of this, everyone had stopped what they were doing and was now looking at me.

“Well, I will confirm this much. I took a page from my brilliant sister-in-law, and I went to New York City to find my gown,” I explained. Seph was very quiet as she sat to my right. She was the only person here who’d seen it. I took her, as well as Mum, with me to find the right dress.

“Oh, come on,” Hermione complained. “Give us something, please? We want to know what the dress looks like. Please?” I looked up and down the table and was greeted with many expectant faces.

“Fine, the dress is made from the finest silk from the shimmering silk worm.”

“They only produce silk every five years,” Luna stated. “They have to be fed summer dew and nectar from the cherry blossom tree. Your dress is made from incredibly rare material.” I loved how Luna could snap right into a nearly normal speech when it suited her. I nodded in response, but said nothing more.

The guests broke out into whispered conversations about the cost, the rarity of the fabric and what style of dress would best suit me. I knew when people saw the dress, they’d assume Harry had paid for it. I also knew that I’d paid for it entirely myself. I started saving for it after my first year at Hogwarts, when Harry saved me. I might have dated other boys, and I did care for them, but my heart was always Harry’s.

The gossipy whispering ended when the dishes and other table coverings disappeared. The next thing, the tables disappeared as well.

“Ladies,” the Harpies Seeker, Robin, called out. My pulse quickened and my mouth was suddenly dry. “This is the entertainment part of the evening. Please move your chairs back, as we need space for our guests.” I looked to Seph and then Fleur, silently begging them for help. They each returned a sympathetic look, but it occurred to me their hands would be tied. We’d completed the part they’d planned, the floor now belonged to my teammates.

I stood and pushed my chair so I was flush with the booths which lined the front wall of the pub, facing the bar. Pulsing music suddenly started out in the hallway and the stars on the ceiling were replaced by multi-coloured twinkle lights, their patterns timed to the beat of the music. The doors burst open, and a group of men entered.

They were good looking men, wearing only exceptionally tight Quidditch uniform pants. I was stunned when they lined up and then climbed onto the bar surface. I couldn’t imagine what Seamus would do if he knew shoes were on his usually immaculate serving surface.

The guys the proceeded to pull brooms out from behind them and dance with them in absolutely shocking ways. Someone came up behind me and placed a charm on my head, I looked to Fleur for help.

“You are now wearing a tiara wiz zee word ‘Bride’ blinking on zee top,” she yelled over the music. I rolled my eyes. This was exactly what I would have preferred to avoid.

One of the dancers pulled a wand and floated down in front of me, and began gyrating his bum and then his front side, right in front of my face. I couldn’t help it, I began laughing from my discomfort, and I had no doubt I was the deepest shade of red I’d ever been.

He offered me his hand, inviting me to stand and dance. I noticed two of the other guys had come down as well, and Robin was positively indecent with one of them. Rather shockingly, the other was with Luna. She never ceased to surprise me.

Cat calls from nearly everyone, Seph and Fleur included, pressured me into getting up. I reluctantly stood up and he spun me around a few times, which was fine. Then he started rubbing himself up against me, which made me just stand perfectly still in shock.

There was a mixture of screaming, cheering, clapping and laughter; all harmonious to the music. This continued on until my embarrassment was nearly overwhelming. I quickly pulled Hermione up, hoping I could foist her onto the guy, and escape him. He twirled away from my attempted replacement, and wove his arm around my waist, him standing behind me. I wasn’t liking this one bit. He was too close.

“Tut, tut,” he whispered in my ear. “You’re the one I want in my arms.”

I pulled my wand was about to Bat-Bogey hex him into tomorrow when I felt a change in the arm holding me. There was something natural about this embrace now. I whipped around, and came eye to eye with a pair of very familiar green ones.

“Aren’t you glad you didn’t wiggle away?” Harry asked before dropping his head to kiss me passionately.
Reviews 150
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear