Search:

SIYE Time:7:02 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Brewmaster's Mystery
By Mutt N Feathers

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 150
Summary: MMB is growing, Charlie and Seph are about to be parents and Harry and Ginny will be wed in mere months; life appears to be perfect. But when unexplained failures begin occurring around the brewery, Harry can't help but wonder if something is afoot.
Hitcount: Story Total: 88149; Chapter Total: 2256





Author's Notes:
Hi, sorry it took so long to update this week. My computer ate my chapter, so I had to rewrite it before it could go to the beta. The song for the chapter is from Adele. Please don't throw things at me at the end, I never do anything without reason. MNF




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 26:
Make You Feel My Love


June 8, 2000
St. Mungo's Hospital, London
Ginny's POV:

I never knew my sister-in-law could move so fast; then again, my brother had never been in mortal danger. Seph had barely finished speaking with Dewyyd, the second in command at the Dragon Preserve in Wales before she was moving. We followed her down the hallway and to the lobby. I went to thank Dewyyd for telling us and Seph had Disapparated so quickly that I didn't even know she'd gone. It was a rather rude awakening to realise that I had been speaking to her, and she wasn’t there.

I quickly explained to Susan what had happened, and then I left the brewery from the Disapparition point. It wasn’t hard to find Seph, as she was standing in the middle of the trauma department, yelling at the top of her lungs.

“Everyone, stop what you're doing and listen to me,” Seph screamed and everything came to a halt. “Will someone bloody well tell me what's going on with my husband. He was brought in from the Dragon Preserve in Wales.” It wasn't often that Seph was out of control; right now she was like a tornado and I couldn't predict where she'd touch down or even what direction she might move. I was fearful that if someone didn’t speak with her soon, there would be destruction in her wake as well.

“You're Mrs. Weasley,” a kindly matron said while taking Seph by the hand. “I'm Edna, I work here with the families. Why don't I take you to the area where your husband is being treated?”

“Thank you,” Seph said, tears forming in her eyes. “He's never been attacked like this, in all the years he's been working with the Dragons.”

“Let's get you over to him, and then the healers can explain everything to you,” Edna added and she lead Seph like a child to the acute trauma treatment rooms. I followed quietly behind, hoping Harry would get here soon. Susan was going to get in touch with him at the Muggle brewery. He needed to be here, not just for me, but also for Seph as well.

Edna sat Seph down in one of the awful chairs which were sprinkled throughout the Ministry building and the waiting rooms here at St. Mungo's. They were hideously coloured; bright turquoise, orange, a sort of reddish-brown which didn't look like anything natural and an abhorrent green which resembled a hair potion gone wrong. The seats were flat, making them highly uncomfortable, even with a cushioning charm applied. It wasn’t until I had gone to the Muggle bank with Harry a while back, that I realise these were Muggle built and constructed from Muggle plastic. Of all the things we could have borrowed from them, awful plastic chairs was what we chose?

The back of these stupid chairs consisted of a misplaced rectangle which fell just below my shoulder blades and only went down to the end of my rib cage. When I pulled my wand and prepared the chair, I also prepared my body to sit in the torture device. I didn’t understand, we were witches and wizards; couldn’t someone charm these things to make them more comfortable?

“Oh, I'm sorry, dear. I didn't realise you were there,” Edna said to me as I sat down.

“That's okay, Charlie might be my brother, but he's Seph's husband. She needs to be taken care of more than me,” I explained. She gave me an understanding smile before putting her hand on my shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

“Let me go see if someone can come out and talk to you two,” she said with a calmness which I appreciated. I doubted I would ever be so centred to be able to do her job. While I could hold my head in a crisis, I didn't think I'd be so good at comforting the families like she was.

Edna disappeared, and Seph and I were left alone. The time felt as if it was dragging on, even though only a minute or so had passed. I couldn’t help the thoughts which ran through my head about what could be wrong with my brother.

“I can’t believe this has happened,” Seph said, sounding lost. “Sure, Charlie has had burns and cuts and bruises; hell he even had those broken fingers. He’s never been attacked by a dragon, even when we worked in Romania. What if it’s serious, what if he…he can’t leave me…” she sobbed. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. She returned the action, but her arms were limp, lifeless. I’d never seen her this defeated; even when there was damage to the brewery.

“I’m sure he’s going to be fine,” I whispered, holding her tight.

“He has to be, Ginny, I can’t go on if he…” She started sobbing on my shoulder. I felt so badly for her. She’d lost Sirius when she was a mother the first time, I was certain she was worried Charlie would leave her now that the twins had been born.

I held her until I heard footsteps behind us; hopeful they were Edna with new, or perhaps even the healer.

“Mrs. Weasley?” a deep voice said. I let go of Seph and she righted herself and looked up at the thin man with a bald head. He wore an ugly green lab- coat like the white ones we wore when we went onto the brew floor at NLB. What disturbed me were the splashes of blood across his arms and mid-section. There appeared to be quite a bit of it. “Why don’t we step into this room over here and I can discuss your husband’s case with you?”

Seph nodded and we obediently followed him into the consultation room, Edna taking up the rear. She stood sentry by the door while the rest of us took our seats, which were more comfortable than the plastic things in the hall. The healer sat the very edge of his chair, his knees almost touching ours. It was strange.

“Mrs. Weasley, I’m Ranulf Wallace, and I’m the primary trauma healer on your husband’s case. You can call me Ran or Healer Ran,” he thrust his hand out at Seph and instinctually she placed hers into his. It was a half-hearted handshake. He had a thick brogue, not dissimilar to Professor McGonagall. He was entirely understandable, though, which seemed to be rare among the Scots I’d met.

“I’m Seph MacPhearson-Weasley, but you can call me Seph. This is my sister-in-law, Ginny Weasley-Potter,” she said in a rough monotone. I began to wonder if Seph was going into shock. He released her hand and moved it to in front of me.

“I’ve seen you play,” he announced. I nodded in response. I didn’t want to talk Quidditch, I wanted to know about my brother.

“How is Charlie?” I asked as I shook his hand.

“He’s stabilized,” Healer Ran explained. “He presented with burns, deep lacerations and several broken bones. The burns were across about forty percent of his body, but thankfully contained to the back and to his legs. We’ve been using potions and burn paste and it should only be another two days or so before those are healed. We had to remove his hair, but it will grow back when he’s healed. He had two broken ribs, a shattered collar-bone and a compound fracture of the humorous of the right arm. Again, another few days and those should be healed. The lacerations were altogether different.

“Charlie has sustained injuries to his lungs, diaphragm, liver, stomach and his small intestines by the animal slashing him. The dragon must have sunk her claws in deep and then dragged them across his body. There are also puncture wounds to his legs and lower abdomen. We’ve already had to do some surgery to stop the bleeding, although the nature and location of wound might be something you’d prefer to discuss alone.”

“Why? Why can’t you tell me?” Seph rambled, tears starting again. I looked at the uncomfortable faces of Edna and Healer Ran and sussed out what it probably had to do with. I leaned in and whispered in her ear.

“Seph, I think it might be about his privates.” Definitely not a subject I wanted to consider. I tried to keep images of my brothers with their girlfriends or spouses out of my mind. Seph looked at me surprised.

“I’ll just go out into the hall,” I said as I stood.

I left without delay, Edna going with me, although she remained close to the door, occasionally looking in, as if waiting for a cue from the healer that we could rejoin the conversation.

“Ginny, sweetheart,” a familiar voice called to me and I turned around just in time to have Harry wrap his arms around me and pull me to him. “Have you heard anything?”

“Yes,” I said, nodding awkwardly against his shoulder. Harry pulled back so he could look at me. “He’s got some bad breaks and burns, but the healer isn’t worried about those. His liver and lungs and intestines were slashed by the dragon and there’s something wrong with his…er…you know, down there,” I muttered out, my cheeks flaming to life.

“Oh, er, okay.” I was glad Harry was as uncomfortable as I about this topic. “Where are your parents?”

“I hesitated contacting them. I wanted to know how bad things were,” I explained, sheepishly. “Mum’s going to turn into a weeping puddle of goo, and I wanted Dad and Bill to be there, because all the kids are at the Burrow today.”

“I think we need to tell them,” Harry stated and I nodded in agreement. “Would you like me to go?” I shook my head this time.

“I think you should stay with Seph. She’s so lost right now, and I’m sure thoughts of what she went through when Sirius died are crowding her mind. You know better than I what that feels like. She needs someone to convince her that Charlie won’t die on her,” I explained. Harry nodded in understanding. “She needs you, Harry, more than any of us.”

“We’ve talked about it,” he told me. “She thinks she’s had it too good, too trouble-free lately. She’s been waiting for her happiness to be whisked away. Like it always has before.”

“Okay, I’ll go to the farm first, get Elizabeth and bring her back to the Burrow with me so she can watch the kids. Can you Patronus Bill, so he can meet Dad and me when we tell Mum?” I suggested.

“How are you going to contact your Dad?” he asked me and I scrunched my forehead. I guess I needed to go to the Ministry first.

“I’ll tell Bill to go get Dad and then meet you at the farm. All four of you can head over to the Burrow together, how does that sound?”

“Perfect. I love you,” I said before leaning in to kiss him.

“I love you, too, sweetheart.” He gave me one last squeeze before I turned to leave.

TBM TBM TBM TBM TBM

Going to get Mum was exactly as bad as I expected it to be. Thankfully, Dad and Bill were much more adept at handling her. Bill headed back to Gringotts, sending Fleur over to help Elizabeth with the kids. The bank required a ward builder and curse breaker to be on site for all banking hours. Bill thought it was silly, since most of the older vaults already had impenetrable charms on them and newer vaults didn’t contain enough to warrant a break-in. He was covering Fleur’s shift.

It was decided Fleur and Elizabeth would spend the night at the Burrow, as would any of the other girlfriends or wives who wished to. My brothers were all coming to sit with Mum, Dad and Seph. Beaghy insisted she come along as well, and was preparing supper for anyone who would need it. Lively was also quite particular about the old elf putting her to bed at night.

Charlie remained in the Trauma department, which I wasn’t sure how to interpret. Something told me he should have been moved to the Creature Induced Injury Ward by now. There was a limit on how many people could be in with him while he slumbered, so I remained in the hall while Mum and Dad went in. Seph was sitting next to the bed, holding his hand and appearing so lifeless.

Harry was a little further down the hall, talking with Dewyyd. I went to join them.

“-- nothing like this has ever happened with her. If anything, she is much more compliant for Charlie than anyone,” Dewyyd explained.

“I know,” Harry affirmed. “When we saw her race, Charlie explained that it was singing that calmed her down and how he’d been with her since she hatched. He even had to go help her jockey work with her. Why would she turn on him?”

“We’re looking into that. Perhaps if she’d started forming an egg she’d be resistant to being moved, but she really is too young to be fertile yet. It’s also strange about when she attacked Charlie. He’d fed her already, usually the dragons are ready to lay down in their caves after filling their stomachs. None of this makes sense,” Dewyyd looked far away as he spoke. I imagined he was watching and re-watching the tragedy in his mind, attempting to find a reason. “Tymestl was acting so far out of normal, it was almost like she was another dragon.”

“Do you mind if the MLE Investigation Team has a look around the preserve?” Harry asked.

“There are areas they’ll need to stay away from, or will need an escort in; but they’re welcome. Perhaps they’ll see something that we can’t see,” Dewyyd sounded scared, but willing to do whatever had to be done.

“Why don’t we meet at the preserve in an hour, I’ll have the investigators with me?” Dewyyd nodded and walked away. Harry turned around to speak to me. “I know what you’re going to ask, and I don’t know.”

“I know we don’t have any proof, but what does your gut say?” I retorted. I didn’t want him to tell me the answer, and yet I thought I knew what it was.

“That this wasn’t an accident.” I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms over his shoulders. I wanted him to tell me everything would be okay, that this wasn’t another attack. I knew he couldn’t, so I settled for him holding me.

“Ginny, I need to go, love. I need to go to the Ministry and ask Hermione to assemble a team to come out to Wales. I’ll see you later, okay?” I couldn’t speak, so I released my grip on him and nodded.

Walking back toward Charlie’s room, I noticed Mum and Dad were in the consultation room with Edna and Doctor Ran. I was glad I didn’t need to explain every injury to them. My stomach rolled at the thought of all my favourite brother had endured.

Seph was alone with Charlie, sitting near his head, holding his good hand and whispering to him.

“Charlie, love, you promised me you wouldn’t leave me, do you remember that? We were on the beach, and I was in that green dress you liked so. You swore to me that you wouldn’t leave me alone, like Sirius had. I’m counting on your keeping your word. See, I love you so much, I didn’t even know I could love like this. I never thought I’d love anyone again, and here you came into my life and changed everything for the better. I didn’t know love could change someone so. You and the kids, I care so much I feel as if my heart were to burst. I know you hurt, I know it’s going to be hard for you, but I will be right there with you. You will never have to wonder about how deeply I love you, I tell you every second of every day.

“Do you remember the children at breakfast today, how they were all chattering about with each other, Connor responding to the girls in their babbles and gurgles. Maybe he’ll teach us to speak with them, wouldn’t that be fun? I often wonder what’s going through their minds, especially when they see you. Lively kicks so hard and squeals so loudly when you come home, it’s remarkable. She is definitely Daddy’s little girl. Oh, and Sunny, the way she pats your whiskers at night, and coos as you read to her. She loves you so much. Just like her Mummy.

“Can’t forget Connor either,” Seph said, her voice sounding stronger. “He had been without a daddy for so long. Remus had tried, but the war made it hard for him to find any real time to be there for him, other than ensuring our safety. He’s got Harry, but Harry sees him as his little brother, not his son. You have given him the father he’s needed since he was born. Connor is so proud of his Daddy-Charlie. He wants to be just like you when he grows up, dragons and all.”

I couldn’t help but cry as I listened to her talking to my brother. There was something special about Charlie and Seph. They’d both suffered before they met each other. I had to believe there was more for them, that Charlie would pull through this.

“Charlie, please, please wake up and come back to me. Look into your heart and feel my love, please sweetheart,” she begged before laying her head down his bed.
Reviews 150
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear