Search:

SIYE Time:21:47 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Sunlit Days
By PhoneixFeather

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry is getting engaged, but not to who he should be. Ginny's in a controlling relationship with a demanding, possessive workaholic. Will fate lead them together?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2941



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hey, I hope you all enjoy the first installment and please review as they are much appreciated and welcomed with glee. Enjoy! ~Phoneix Feather




ChapterPrinter


Anyone. Anyone but her.

Okay. That was a lie; I don't want him getting married to anybody. Some people would call that possessive; Hermione would say I'm still in love with him. But I'm not. I...I'm not.

But why of all people does Harry have to get married - and not to me?

I haven't even told you the worst part yet. It's to Cho Chang.
________________________ _______________


"Ginny, please stop pacing. You're going to wake up Ron in a minute, and he's really crabby. The Auror Office have had him covering for Harry this week and he hasn't got two minutes of sleep since." Hermione pleaded, the guilt thick and legible in her unusually nasal tone.

"But Hermione," I protested weakly, "I don't know what to do!"

"Don't forget you have a boyfriend," my sister in-law scolded, tugging absently at a smoky-mahogany curl which rested just below her shoulders, "a boyfriend you told me you like very much."

I noticed she didn't say love, and the bitter taste I had recently been experiencing lately soaked my tastebuds maliciously.

"I do like Michael." I answered carefully as her honey-russet pools were transfixed on me and I could almost hear her brain whizzing as she analysed me closely, scrutinising every last shred of the lie I had told in my eyes.
I did like Michael - in a way. But suddenly he had become clingy and whiny, telling me I was getting to close to other men and he didn't like it.

"I know you do." Hermione retorted, and lowered her eyes to the ivory-white cereal bowl hibernating on her glossy, varnished topaz-oak table. "But you should be happy for Harry. I know it's hard, sometimes. But he's getting married, and he's your best friend."

"To Cho." I growled. "Cho bloody Chang, that spiteful harpy that used to sashay down Hogwarts' hallowed halls as if she owned the place."

"I don't like her either, Ginny," Hermione agreed, and my spirits soared. "But I can't do anything, and I'm certainly not going to ruin things for my best friend. I suggest you start thinking among the same lines."

"Ron would agree with me." I snapped. "Hermione, if Ron was going to marry Lavender, would you stand idly by and watch the man you love take another girl - particularly one you know will do no good for him?"

"That," Hermione said immediately, "is different."

"How?" I challenged.

"Because I love Ron," Hermione sighed exasperatedly. "You just said you didn't love Harry - and then you just said something about an example of Ron marrying someone else implying I loved him - referring to yourself - meaning you just said you love Harry! Make up your mind, Ginny."

"I love him as a friend." I lied blatantly. If Hermione was going to lie I was going to lie back. As if Hermione Granger would just let Lavender steal Ron from right beneath her eyes!

"Ginny, listen." Hermione started, brushing back a disobedient curl irritably. "Cho and Harry have just got engaged. They've had a rocky relationship for months now, and Harry's showed no sign of proposing, which means one thing. She asked him."

I listened earnestly, keeping my own eyes fixed on Hermione, not daring to breathe as I absorbed the information.

"If you'd been dating Harry for a long time, you'd expect him to say yes if you proposed. I think Harry felt obliged to say yes, and that's why he did. But I have no idea how he feels about Cho, yet I would imagine he does like her seeing as he's been dating her for almost two years now."

"You said like her." I smirked, and Hermione bit her lip - however a smile was tugging on the corners of her small rosebud mouth and finally she let it conquer her and ceased fighting it.

"Ginny Weasley," Hermione scolded, "don't look at me like that. If you're cooking up some crazy plan to get Harry and Cho to break up, I am not getting involved. I'm his best friend, for crying out loud."

"Cho is best friends with Lavender." I muttered pointedly. This was all it needed.

"Fine." Hermione jumped in and I watched her clench her fists so tightly they turned a light shade of cadmium red. "But it's for Harry's own good, agreed?"

"Absolutely," I beamed. Yeah, absolutely. For mine as well.
_________________________ ______________


"Hi Harry,"

"Ginny! I didn't know you were staying at the Burrow..." Harry sounded uneasy, strangely uncomfortable, and I gazed into those glistening jade orbs and searched them frantically for a reason why.

"Darling! We aren't really staying here, are we? It's a bit of a dump, Harrykins, and you know I'm used to high-quality."

The mere sound of that voice set my teeth on edge even when it was set to a low, unsubtle hiss, and I felt my hackles rise sharply as the one woman I hated with all my might came flouncing into the hallway of my own family home with an expression similar to one of a snobbish poodle's and looking, to put it bluntly, rather tart-like.

Cho Chang swayed into the house, eyes narrowed in malevolence as she rested her dark, smouldering eyes on me. Her charcoal-black hair, dull and iron-straight, had been chopped into a unfashionable bob so it lightly bounced on her hunched shoulders. She had slid an odd magenta bow into it which kept getting tangled in the midnight depths and scowled unattractively each time it did so. Her dark, narrowed eyes were a shade of burned tree-bark and from the smell emanating from her clothes, she had applied the essence of it too. Instead of wearing casual clothes as you would when visiting a friend's (or not a friend's, in this case) Cho had stuffed herself into a dangerously short cerise skirt and mismatched it with a very unaesthetically pleasing sunset-orange vest top which revealed a lot more than anyone would have liked.

A sense of malice was wafting from her open mouth, and I glared at Harry with such intensity you could have sliced the atmosphere with a knife.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Cho spat, caustic rage taking over. "Harrykins!"

"This happens to be my home, actually," I snarled back. "What are you doing here?"

"Me and my fiancé are staying here." she sniped furiously. "Not that I wanted to come to this dump."

"Cho!" Harry exclaimed in shock. "Cho...apologise to Ginny."

"Don't worry, Harry," I glared at his fiancée, irate. "You know that saying...a leopard can't change its spots."

"Ginny," Harry began quickly, seeing Cho was about to retaliate and probably not in a very nice manner, "how about we catch up this afternoon? Maybe two 'o' clock, The Hog's Head? I'd love to see you, and Cho can settle in while we talk."

I was about to decline politely (I didn't want to infuriate Michael) when I saw the look crossing Cho's face. A shadow of jealousy was splayed across it, and it sent a jolt of satisfaction seeing her annoyed.

"I'd love to, Harry," I grinned, a mischievous glint ignited in my eyes, "I'll get ready."

"Don't mind if I tag along, actually, babe?" Cho interjected crisply, thrusting Harry a sickly sweet smirk. "I mean, she is your ex, and it would be a bit weird, seeing as you two never really got on. Your relationship just fell apart, didn't it?"

"Really, Cho?" There was danger obvious in my voice now and I was telling her quite strongly to back off. "Because I think it was you, not me, that ran off crying over your boyfriend when Harry was trying to talk to you, and you that was so paranoid that you accused Harry of being a player - you clearly don't know him if you think Harry and Hermione would ever like each other in that way - and it was definitely you that moved on about two seconds later when Harry dumped you. In fact - you went for my boyfriend, if I recall it. The one I'm actually dating at the moment."

"How dare yo-" Cho started viciously, clenching her carnation-pink varnished nails in wrath.

"-What Ginny means," Harry interrupted quickly, flashing me a wry smile, "was that we think it would be better if it was just Ginny and me. It would nice us a chance to catch up properly, without any dis-"

"Distractions?" finished Cho sweetly. "Of course, Harrykins, I understand. I might have a little gossip with Hermione, because I never got to really get to know her back then."

Harry seemed to have fallen for her little "innocent" act completely, because he nodded and smiled again at me. "I'll see you in about an hour then." he said slowly. "I'm buying."

"You bet you are." I muttered darkly, glaring at Cho's retreating back as she sauntered into the living room with Harry laden with her huge, elaborate bags and gasping for breath.

"Following her like a puppy." I added angrily and stormed upstairs. If Cho thought she was stealing my boyfriend AND my bedroom, she had another think coming. Either that, or a severe tongue lashing from me.
___________________________ ____________


Half an hour later and I was still not ready to meet Harry. I still had to owl Michael to tell him I might be late meeting him from work and hadn't even chosen what to wear after my shower. Cho was jabbering away in a fluent torrent of "Me me me" with occasional "me and Harry" or "Harrykins" downstairs and it was irritating me no end to the point where Hermione came hurrying upstairs to ask why I was "abusing her music player" in such an excessive way.

Music players are stupid anyway. Why do Muggles bother with all those silly little buttons? How does it even work? Is there a tiny person inside singing or something?

"It's rocketing through the house." complained Hermione. "Your mum's in a state, Cho's been on at her asking for only organic pumpkin juice and then she decided she didn't like pumpkin juice after your mum went out and bought the most expensive kind."

"She's eager to please Harry's new fiancée." I snorted in disgust at the mention of "Harrykins"'s little friend.

"She's trying it on, Ginny." Hermione sighed. "Plus, Michael's sent you an owl, here." She handed me a thick mahogany envelope, heavy with dust and sealed with a droplet of blood-like carnelian-red wax.

I tore it open and read hurriedly, growing more and more infuriated as I did so:

Ginevra,

A colleague of mine tells me you've been fraternising with Harry Potter, who is
visiting the Burrow. This information, suffice to say, does not please me. I would
thank you not to be loquacious with other men especially not an ex of yours who
happens to be engaged to my own ex, Miss Chang. I look forward to seeing you
at around three 'o' clock when I get home from work. I will send you a dress to wear
because the people at my office will be expecting you to look smart.

Sincerely, Michael.

The sheer cheek! First off, calling me Ginevra after countless times of me asking and nagging him to refer to me as Ginny, then deciding he can choose whom I "fraternise" with and telling me not to be "loquacious" with other men, especially my best friend Harry! If that's not enough, demanding I wear one of his stupid dresses so he can show me off to his colleagues!

I showed it to Hermione in revulsion, who frowned. "Sexist loser," she said stiffly, "just dump him, Ginny, and have done with it. You've been rocky for ages, you said so yourself last week, and if he's got a problem with Harry he's got a problem with you."

"You're right," I sighed frustratedly, "but we've been going out for six months now. I'm sure he can't get too angry if I have lunch with my friend, he need never know anyway. Cover for me, Hermione, if he comes, will you?"

"Of course." she nodded vigorously. "Merlin knows we need to get Harry away from Cho for a bit, he's going insane thinking she's the right one for him."

"Exactly." I clarified, and it felt that finally, someone was on my side.

"What are you wearing?" Hermione requested suddenly, violently pulling me from my daydreams.

"I have no idea." I answered honestly. "I've been preoccupied with Harry and Cho."

"Don't ask me for help." Hermione blurted out, cheeks exploding in crimson. "I'm really not the right person to ask."

"You manage." I pointed out. She did look wonderfully pretty in her good jeans and that "Hogwarts, A History" t-shirt Ron had bought her a while back, but I appreciated she was uncomfortable choosing clothes for anyone but herself.

"I'll try and help." she said kindly. "But aren't all your clothes at your flat?"

"No, I used a Summoning Charm." I told her proudly, showing her the huge pile of clothes inhabiting the majority of my old bed in a colourful heap of cloth.

We sorted through most of the pile, Hermione suggesting numerous options, most of which were good. Eventually we selected my ripped denim shorts, ebony-black tights and a thick harlequin grey jumper with a pair of jet-black heels.

"Perfect." grinned Hermione. "I want to know everything afterwards. I'll try and keep Chang Darling from barging in, so I'd best tell Ron not to make a joke about you two snogging even though that's what you'll probably end up doing, knowing Harry."

I smirked saucily. "Don't forget I'm a redhead Hermione...we might end up doing more than snogging..."
__________________ _____________________

Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear