Search:

SIYE Time:2:57 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Life Together
By ginny26

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 21
Summary: Inspired from the movie "Atonement". Harry finds Ginny, loves her, marries her and lives without shame. He wants to swagger on the promise of life, and he will finally succeed it!
Hitcount: Story Total: 10099; Chapter Total: 3122





Author's Notes:
This story is dedicated to a very special person in my life. Though things did not work out between us, I still like him and I love him. I hope when he leaves, he will not forget me. I do not want him to forget me. He promised, I wouldn't have to say goodbye. I can not say goodbye... I just want him to know that I love him and this is the easiest way to tell him! Thanks to my beta reader for the precious help. The warnings are for the next chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry Potter was walking through the ruined corridors because all he needed was sleep.
But as it seemed, no one else wanted him to sleep. By the time he climbed the first stairs, there were reporters and photographers of the Daily Prophet, all asking questions at once which Harry couldn’t understand.

First of all, he was ready to faint from the tiredness and hunger. Secondly, they were all talking at once and it was hard to figure out what they were saying.

“Hey, hey, HEY!” he heard a very angry Ginny trying to stop them. “SHUT IT!” she yelled and they finally stopped.
McGonagall soon came and started talking to the reporters who lost interest on Harry. He and Ginny succeeded in climbing the rest of the stairs and went straight to the Gryffindor Tower. The Fat Lady let them through the portrait hole without the password, and thank Merlin the Gryffindor common room was empty.

“Thanks,” he said not daring to look at her. He thought he would speak to her, but from thought to action, there was huge distance.

“No problem.” She however was looking at him. “I guess you want to sleep now. Should I get you anything to eat or drink?”

“No, I…I’ll tell Kreacher if I need something.”

The moments passed in silence, but Harry didn’t want to go upstairs and leave her.

“I’m sorry about Fred,” he whispered still not looking at her.

“Don’t be. He wanted to fight. I’m sure he didn’t regret it. He fought for a better world. I was sure I was going to lose someone from the family.”

Despite being tough, the loss of a brother was not an easy thing for her. By this time, Harry knew she couldn’t stop the tears forming her eyes. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

He suddenly felt like everything was his fault. The death of Remus, Tonks, Fred, Colin… and so many others had died…for him. Now he made Ginny cry. He couldn’t possibly stand it. He went week in his knees. He fell down and everything went black.


There was a beautiful smell that arose in his nose. Something like… flowers and sausages, or it would be an omelet and eggs? He opened his eyes slightly to see Ginny leaning onto his side to see if he was okay.

“Finally, you‘re awake!” she said and let out a sigh of relief.

Harry looked at the plate she had left on the table next to his bed full of food and two glasses of water and pumpkin juice.

He felt so weak, that he couldn’t reach for them so Ginny put the glass of water near his lips and he drank it all.

“Feel any better?”

“Kind of. Could you bring me a piece of toast?”

She did as he said, and he took it with his hands, eating hungrily. He looked at her and noticed the red eyes and tiredness of her face.

“Didn’t you sleep?”

“I couldn’t. When you fainted I had to levitate you here and I went to see Madam Pomfrey, but I realized she died so I called Ron and Hermione to help me dress you and take care of you.”

“Where are they now?”

“Somewhere snogging.”

As she said that, the first smile after the battle formed in both of his and her lips and they laugh out loud. Their muscles hurt because they hadn’t laugh for a while, but it was worth it.

After Harry finished the plate, he noticed Ginny yawn and he moved aside so she could lie down next to him.

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” she said and went to lie down on the next bed. She saw the disappointed look on his face and he opened his mouth to say something but he immediately closed it. He was the one who broke up with her. Even though it was for her one good, he was the one who hurt her.

He stared at the ceiling and sighed loudly so she could look at him.

“What’s wrong?”

“I need company.”

She sighed too, but he could see the smile in her face as she got up and walked towards him. Harry put the covers around her and hugged her tightly.

“Ginny?”

“Hmm?” she loved how warm he felt when he was hugging her.

“I love you.”

She opened her eyes widely to look at her. He had never said that before, not even when they were a couple.

“What did you just say?”

“I said, that I love you.” The words in his mouth sounded so true!

“You’ve never said that before to me.”

“I’ve never said that to anyone. I mean, I love Ron and Hermione, your mum… They are like family to me. But with you, it is different. I want you to be my girlfriend again. I want you to take care of me like you did before but I do not want this to end when I go back to Grimmauld Place! I want to marry you, have lots of children, grow old and die together.”

It was the first time, he was crying in front of her. The first time he felt so weak and vulnerable. He closed his eyes, to hold back more tears, but it was impossible.

“Harry.” She caressed his cheek with her hand.

“I love you too. When I was young, I’ve loved the boy who lived, but now, I love you. I never stop thinking of you. I was so scared the whole year, I didn’t know if you were dead or alive, and I just wanted to be with you. When I saw Hagrid carrying your body, I thought it was over. I simply had nothing worth living for. If you hadn’t shown up fast, I would have died trying to kill Voldemort myself for murdering you.”

Now Ginny was crying too and he wiped her tears with the pad of his thump.
“I was thinking of you when I went to die…when Voldemort raised his wand towards me.”
“What you were thinking of exactly?”

“Your lips, so beautiful, so soft…” He leaned down to kiss her with passion and she returned the kiss. They needed each other now. Tears forming both of their eyes. They got lost on their kiss. It was blissful oblivion; they never wanted this to end.
When it was over, they both looked at each other, with the second smile on their lips.
They didn’t say anything else. They didn’t need to say anything actually. Ginny laid her head on Harry’s chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was the only thing he needed for lullaby.

Harry kissed the top of her head, and he heard her breath becoming deeper as she fell asleep on his arms.

Everything was okay. Not perfect yet but… okay. He survived, she was alive. There was no Voldemort. There was nothing to be afraid of anymore.

He closed his eyes to relax, but soon he was off to sleep too. He had Ginny in his arms. He didn’t care what tomorrow wouldl bring. He was okay!
Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear