Search:

SIYE Time:10:29 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Emerald Army
By luukjn

- Text Size +

Category: Ginny's Accomplishment Challenge (2012-2), Ginny's Accomplishment Challenge (2012-2)
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 29
Summary: After Ginny is caught by Severus Snape stealing the sword of Gryffindor, Snape gives Ginny a very special mission.

This story is part of my 'Family of Harry Potter' series.
Hitcount: Story Total: 13464; Chapter Total: 2547







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5: Acknowledgement

“Harry, I know you can do this!” Ginny, annoyed, said to her boyfriend.

“I know, but why?” Harry asked while he was fidgeting in his seat.

It was one year after the final battle and they were at the celebration of the first anniversary of the battle. Harry was supposed to give a speech after he received his Order of Merlin First Class for defeating Lord Voldemort.

“You are to receive the Order of Merlin First Class, that is why,” Ginny said with a huff.

Harry sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Right,” Harry said non-committally.

“It won't be that bad,” Ginny said, grasping his hand. Harry seemed to get some courage from that since he stopped fidgeting.

“And besides, they are beginning,” Ginny said pointing to the podium where Kingsley now stood demanding attention.

“Welcome to the first anniversary of the fall of Lord Voldemort!” Kingsleys calm voice boomed across the seats. They where all seated at the exact spot where not two years earlier Dumbledore's funeral was held, in front of the White Tomb.

Kingsley went on about the sacrifices made by everyone who died, and about what the future would hold. Ginny paid little attention to the speech, only listening up when Fred's name was called along with those who had died.

“And now it is time to give rewards to those we recognize as heroes. Firstly I'm honoured to give the Order of Merlin First Class to Harry James Potter, the hero of the Wizarding world!” Kingsley's voice boomed, and thunderous applause was heard.

Harry stood up, blushing furiously while he walked towards the podium. Some words were exchanged between Kingsley and Harry that no one else could hear, and then Harry approached the standard so he could hold his speech.

“Hello,” Harry said uncomfortably. Kingsley put a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder.

Harry seemed to take courage from this simple gesture and continued in a firmer voice.

“It seems that I'm now hailed as 'The Hero of the Wizarding World',” Harry said to cheers of the public.

“I looked up the word 'hero', or rather Hermione looked it up,” Harry continued and some people in the audience chuckled softly. Hermione, who sat next to Ginny, huffed in annoyance.

“According to Hermione a 'hero' is and I quote 'a person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for brave deeds and noble qualities.' I don't agree with that definition. I think a 'hero' is someone who chooses to do brave deeds. That is not I, I'm not a hero,” Harry stated.

Ginny groaned, Harry would never acknowledge what he had done, he would never accept he was a hero, even if it was staring him in the face. The public seemed to agree when they started muttering amongst themselves. Ron who was sitting next to Hermione muttered “Prat” under his breath.

“I did not have a choice. No matter what I did, the outcome would not have been any different, I would have ended up killing Voldemort, no matter what else happened. I merely killed him because he was so set on killing me and my friends,” Harry continued in a slightly louder voice to be heard over the muttering.

And that right there makes you a Hero! Even by you're own definition Ginny thought to herself.

“The true heroes are those who fought but didn't have to, those who died fighting while they could have stayed at home, cowering behind a sofa waiting till it all would blow over, those are the true heroes!”

All those of you who fought at the Battle of Hogwarts while you did not have to are the true heroes, not me. I never had a choice.”.

The Order of Merlin First Class should be for heroes, and it is my privilege to give this reward to five true heroes,” Harry said to a now very attentive audience.

Ginny sat up straight, what was going on here? Harry had not told her about this!

“First, I would like to call forward my first-ever friend. He has been with me all this time. Without him I wouldn't have had the courage to do what had to be done. Without him I would have faltered long ago. Give a big round of applause for Ronald Bilius Weasley!” Harry said loudly.

Ron stood up and made his way towards the podium, his ears red, but he had the biggest smile on his face that Ginny had ever seen. Ginny was proud of her brother. Finally he had been acknowledged for something.

“Second, I would like to call forward someone who has helped me almost as much as Ron here has. She kept me on the straight track when I deviated, she also did all the research needed to get me through. Give a big round of applause for Hermione Jean Granger!” Harry said loudly.

Hermione stood up muttering “Prat” under her breath, but smiled fondly as she walked towards the podium.

“Third, I would like to call forward someone who started out as a forgetful and accident prone boy. This boy grew up to be a true hero in every sense of the word. It was his courage when all seemed to be lost that won us the war. I'm of course talking about Neville 'Snake-slayer' Longbottom!” Harry said loudly.

Neville got up from behind Ginny and nearly stumbled while he walked towards the podium.

“Fourth, I would like to call forward the strangest girl I have ever met. Her courage is only matched by her quick wit. I'm of course talking about Luna Lovegood!” Harry said loudly.

Luna got up also from behind Ginny and walked serenely towards the podium, as though she just happened to wander in that direction.

“Last, but certainly not least, I would like to call forward the one person who has captured my heart.” Harry began.

Ginny's heart started pounding near the region of her Adam's apple. Harry couldn't be saying what he was saying, right?

“She is a true hero. She stood up against impossible odds and pulled through. She trained the students, when no one else would, though what kind of name TEA is I have no idea,” Harry continued, staring intently at Ginny.

Ginny for her part could almost feel her heart pounding out of her neck.

“I'm of course talking about Ginevra Molly Weasley!” Harry said loudly.

Ginny was too stunned to realise that she was supposed to stand up. It was only after she was nudged by her father that she got up and moved shakily towards the podium. She was acknowledged for what she had done with TEA. This was not something she had ever expected.

When Ginny arrived at the podium Harry wasted no time in giving her a chaste kiss that took Ginny's breath away.

“I love you, Ginny,” Harry whispered in her ear.

“I love you too, Harry,” Ginny whispered back.

It was not the first time that Harry had said it, but this time it felt really special. Yes, even if you don't think you are a hero, Harry, you are always my hero, Ginny thought.


~O~


A/N That is it for this story. A special thanks to my beta MinistryMalcontent for beta reading this story. Without him this story wouldn't be as good as it is now. I would also like to thank everyone who left a review, they encouraged me to finish this story in a timely manner.

Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear