Search:

SIYE Time:3:02 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Anything In The World
By Dragonclaw11

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: "If you could have anything in the world, Harry, what would it be?"

Warning; a bit OOC.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3060



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hope those of you who opened this story weren't looking for something really serious...because I write humor. A lot. ^.^




ChapterPrinter


"If you could have anything in the world, Harry," Ginny had said one morning while they were still in the bed, "What would it be?"

Harry pulled Ginny closer to himself and buried his face in her hair. He mumbled a barely audible "you", but Ginny still heard. She smiled.

"I'd like you, too," said Ginny sweetly, giving a chaste kiss to Harry's bare chest. A pause. "Alright, if you couldn't have me?"

Harry pulled back and looked at his young wife curiously. "I'd have no other," he replied simply. He observed Ginny slowly. "Why are you asking?"

"Just answer the question," Ginny pressed, looking up at him with begging eyes. Harry couldn't resist those eyes. Those warm, deep, chocolate brown eyes...

Harry quickly pulled himself back into reality. "What?" he murmured absently, reaching over to put a piece of red hair behind Ginny's ear. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him.

"If you couldn't have me, what would you have? If you could have anything you liked."

"Why wouldn't I be able to have you?" asked Harry. "Do you mean because one of your brothers? I don't care what they would think."

"What about Ron?" Ginny asked questioningly, a sly smirk coming on her face.

"Ron's a special case," Harry replied simply. He looked at his red-haired beauty once more. "So why wouldn't I?"

"Harry," Ginny sighed, but he could hear amusement in her voice along with exasperation. "Just answer the question."

"You answer my question," Harry threw back rather childishly.

"I asked first!"

"And I asked second."

Ginny eyed Harry warily. "Can't win an argument with you, can I?"

Harry pulled Ginny closer and pressed a kiss to her temple. "Glad to know you feel the same way."

Harry could practically feel Ginny roll her eyes. "Whatever. You couldn't have me because...because you just couldn't, okay! I know!" Ginny cried, pulling back from Harry and crossing her arms. "You couldn't have me if you were Dudley."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "I thought you said you'd love me no matter what?"

"Shut it, Harry."

"Well," Harry said, "if I couldn't have you, I guess I'd have...er..."

"I'd have a baby," Ginny said finally, cutting Harry off. "I just adore babies. Especially boys. Wouldn't you like to have a little boy?"

Harry looked at Ginny suspiciously. "Sure, I guess. But I'd like to have a daughter, too...one with red hair," he fingered Ginny's hair, "brown eyes..." He leaned closer so their noses were touching. "Freckles..."

"Alright, then," whispered Ginny, "too bad for you, because we're having a boy. I think we'll name him James. But there's always next time, isn't there?" And before Harry could say anything or show any other emotion besides the shock in his eyes, Ginny had pulled him in for a kiss.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

After a morning of snogging (and a few things that won't be mentioned to anybody else), Harry and Ginny found themselves in the kitchen, Harry standing over the pan where bacon was sizzling.

"Tea, Harry?"

"Tea, ma'm!"

Harry felt a sharp thwack against his shoulder and laughed slightly as Ginny brushed by him. She gave him a stern gaze.

"Don't call me ma'm, I'm not my Mum. And don't even call her ma'm, either-call her Molly-" Ginny winced slightly, not wanting to call her mother by her first name, "-or Mrs. Weasley. She wants you to call her Molly, though," Ginny pulled out two cups and headed toward the table.

"I know," Harry answered, taking the bacon out of the pan, "but I'm kind of like you. I feel like shivering when I say her name, and it feels like slime on my tongue-"

"Oh, hush," Ginny laughed, pouring the tea, "it just feels really weird."

"I would hope so," Harry told her, bringing their plates to the table, "Because imagine if you just went up to her and said, 'Hi, Molly!' instead of mum-"

Ginny groaned. "That was one time, Harry! One time! Not my fault if George slipped something into my drink to make me call every adult I met by their first name-not that I don't do it anyway, mind you, but my parents, so it was just weird-"

Harry grinned at her as he sat down opposite of her at the table.

"And-" Ginny paused and looked at him. "I'm rambling, aren't I? Sorry, Weasley trait."

"Speaking of traits," Harry raised his cup to his lips, "what about that baby?"

Ginny looked at Harry slightly sheepishly, but defiant all the same. "What about him?" She put a hand to her stomach and cooed, "Our little Jamie."

Harry shook his head at her. "These hormones must be harder on you then I thought."

Ginny ignored that remark, instead looking up at Harry anxiously. "You're not mad about the way I told you, right? Or that I decided to name the baby James? I thought you would like it, you know, because of your father and everything-"

Harry smiled fondly. "Rambling." Ginny stopped talking, but the worry in her eyes was clear. "No, I'm not mad," said Harry. "How could I ever be mad at you?"

"Oh, it's been known to happen," Ginny stirred her tea. "Once or twice."

"Well, now isn't one of those times," said Harry gently. Reaching over, he covered her hand with his. "I'm not mad. Ecstatic, really. You know how I've always wanted kids. And thank you, Ginny, for naming the baby after my father. It...it means a lot."

Ginny gave him a soft smile. "Your welcome, Harry." A pause. "If you've always wanted kids, then how come if you couldn't have me, you didn't say you wanted kids?"

"That sentence was slightly confusing." Harry shrugged. "I don't know, I guess because I was stuck on the fact that I wouldn't have you. I want you more than kids."

Ginny beamed at him. "You're so sweet! Well, now you'll have me and a kid both, so you get the package deal."

"No," Harry shook his head. "I get the perfect one."

Ginny stared at him.

"What?"

Reaching over, she pinched his cheeks. "You're so adorable, Harry." And then went back to eating her food. Harry blinked at her then shook his head. Hormones...they can really change a woman, can't they?

"Oh, Harry," Ginny said, stabbing some egg with her fork, "I haven't told my parents yet. Or any of my family, really. Can you come?"

Harry took a deep breath. "...Sure."

"I mean, I don't think Charlie will beat on you too badly-and Ron will be shocked, but he'll be happy overall. Bill won't care, he has Victoire, and-"

Harry blinked at her.

"Sorry, rambling?"

"Rambling."
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear