Search:

SIYE Time:22:12 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Bond and the Philosopher's Stone
By HarryBond007

- Text Size +

Category: The Bond Challenge (2012-4), The Bond Challenge (2012-4)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 35
Summary: Harry and Ginny need to face to challenges that come together with a bond while facing with the philosopher's stone
Hitcount: Story Total: 11238; Chapter Total: 2259







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The green light nightmare was happening again. It all seemed very surreal, first he had this wonderful dream were he was a wizard that had to go to this amazing school and then all went black and the dream changed into a nightmare. He tried to recall the events on the dream and were fantastic, there was a world where his parents were heroes that died protecting him and not on a car crash as he had thought all of his life. There was a giant man with a huge beard called Hagrid who was the first in being nice to him since .. ever, Hagrid told him that he was famous in a world that he didn't even know. He remembered a whole crowd wanting to greet him and a vault for him which was full with more gold than he had ever dreamed of. And all of he was certain of was that he had never been this happy before.

Over everything else that had happened in that dream the only thing that seemed to be really important was an image of this cute little redhead girl with lovely brown eyes and tiny freckles. He didn't remember exactly at what point of the dream she appeared or who she was but for some weird reason she seemed to be the highlight in a story filled with incredible things in which he discovered that he was a wizard. Ginny was her name and all that he knew about her, her shy peaceful voice still sounded around his mind. He was coming out of his slumber and all that he wanted was just to return to that perfect dream with that perfect girl.

And then, all of a sudden, orange. Orange everywhere.

His eyes started to travel from side to side rapidly to discover that he was in this unknown orange room. He was on a camp bed to the side of a bigger one but much more comfortable than his old mattress at his cupboard, both beds had orange clothes. There was a shabby orange wallpaper and some posters over it, the funny thing was that the people on them moved all around like they were no longer part of the printed paper. Those people were wearing some kind of uniform and it was also orange. He didn't have a clue about where he was but he was starting to believe that that beautiful dream could be real when something started to move by his side.

He fell out of the bed scared by the sudden appearance. "Sorry, didn't meant to scare you. Just heard you moving" a voice said. The voice belonged to a thin redhead boy that just popped up from the other bed, he had a long nose and freckles over his face. He wore some old blue pajamas with some orange decorations.

"Eh..don't worry about it" he answered

The boy seemed to think something for a moment and then he blurted out something that apparently he had been waiting some time to ask. "Are you really Harry Potter?" his voice was filled with enthusiasm and expectation.

Ok, he was famous, that dream was turning more real with every second. Harry nodded slowly without taking his eyes from the boy.

"Wicked"

"So, where am I? who are you?" he asked

"Oh yeah .." the boy started scratching the back of his head. "Well this is the Burrow, my home, and I'm Ron. Ron Weasley by the way, this is my room"

"How did I get here?" He asked allowing himself to study in more detail the room. There were all kinds of weird stuff over a couple of stands most of them were orange, many were moving.

"Well we were school shopping in Diagon alley when our sister stormed out towards you, I didn't notice much, just saw a light from the distance. Mum tried to separate you, apparently you and my sister were the light source or something like that." Ron stopped to think a little. "Then Dumbledore came and couldn't do anything either, which is strange since he is supposed to be very powerful and all that. Well, a strange goblin also came and spoke briefly to Dumbledore and mum, not sure about what."

Ron stopped for a moment thinking that Harry was going to say something and when he didn't he continued. "Mum yelled a lot, not sure about what, even after the goblin left. Then the light disappeared and both of you kind of fainted. Mum ran and check on Ginny and after making sure you were both ok and talking with Dumbledore she brought you both home. You slept for the rest of the day, and here you are in my room".

Harry then realized that all that dream was real and after a brief moment of shock he couldn't stop from smiling. Ginny, she was real also and was Ron's little sister and there was a high chance that he will get to see her around in the house. It was strange but the thought of seeing her again comforted Harry. Still he needed to find out what had happened to Ginny and him.

"Hagrid, the big bearded man that was with me, do you know where is he?" Harry asked

"He was pretty worried when all happened, but when Dumbledore came he calmed down. Dumbledore told Hagrid that he could leave now and that he could see you once you get to Hogwarts" Ron continued.

"I'll be heading to Hogwarts with your family then?"

Ron nodded smiling. "It will be great, we can play Quidditch outside with Fred and George and I can show you how to play Wizardry chess and Exploding Snap. Is it true that you were raised by Muggles?" Ron asked fascinated

Harry was happy, he would not only learn to play all of these cool games but he also will be getting to school knowing a bit more about the wizardry world. Ever since Hagrid told him about going to school to learn magic with other wizard boys, Harry had been scared that he, without any knowledge of magic, would not stand a chance against other kids that have been living in wizardry environments all of their lives. "Yeah, they're not pretty cool though. It will be awesome to learn to play all of those things!" He smiled back.

Ron's eyes traveled slowly to Harry's forehead like he had been avoiding to do it for some time and stared at his scar. "So that' where You-Know-Who -" he said pointing at Harry's forehead.

"Yes," said Harry, "but I can't remember it."

"Nothing?" said Ron eagerly.

"RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY! what kind of manners have I taught you?!" Mrs Weasley yelled from the recently opened door. "the boy doesn't need you to be remembering him of such things!"

"It's ok, Mrs Weasley. I don't mind" Harry tried to defend Ron.

"Even so, it is not polite." Then after one last glare at Ron the expression of Mrs Weasley's face softened and turned to Harry. "Hello Harry, nice to meet you"

Harry stood and extended his hand to Mrs Weasley. "Nice to meet you too Mrs Weasley. Thank you for taking me here" As he raised from the bed he noticed that he was wearing clothes that he did not remember but they were orange. "Eh.. What am I wearing?"

"Oh forget it, we are happy of having you here. Ron will be happy of having you to play around." Ron nodded repeatedly. "Those are some of Ron's old pajamas, your trunk is over there and I think your owl got out looking for something to eat."

Harry smiled at her "Thanks a lot Mrs Weasley"

"Don't worry about it, as I said we're happy of having you here" Her expression turned a bit seriously and Harry tought that something worried Mrs Weasley, something regarding him. "So, how are you feeling today?"

"Very good Mrs Weasley just a bit stiff"

"Do you remember what happened yesterday? It may help us to figure out what happened to you" she asked, Harry knew that she was pretty interested in his answer.

"I was already finished with my shopping and Hagrid told me that we should be leaving.." He tried to focus on remembering as much as he could. "I met Ginny and then ... nothing"

"Oh ok don't worry dear." Harry noticed that she hoped for a little more information."Hagrid hoped you could write to him when you were feeling better. I also talked with Albus, your future headmaster, and he said something about checking if it was safe for you to return to your uncle's house" At this Harry scowled a little which didn't go unnoticed by Mrs Weasley. "He said it was ok for you to stay with us in the meantime"

"I don't want to cause any trouble by staying here.." Harry started but Mrs Weasley stopped him there with a smile. "You don't cause any trouble Harry don't worry about it"

"I can pay for my food and.." Mrs Weasley didn't even let him finish. "Don't. We won't take it and where is food for seven one more won't be a problem." Harry's eyes widen when he noticed how many people lived in there. "You just rest and let yourself feel comfortable. After breakfast you can play with Ron, he will be happy to have a partner"

"Thanks, I would love too"

"Ok, so hurry up that breakfast is ready, hope you can be down in five minutes"

"Sure Mrs Weasley"

"Yeah, Mum" Ron said at the same time.

Mrs Weasley was exiting the room when Harry remembered something that he needed to know. "Mrs Weasley, is ... Ginny all right?" Ron's mum was a bit surprised and smiled slightly when she answered "Yes it is, she was starting to wake up when I was heading here, she should be awake by now. Thank you for asking" and she went downstairs.

Harry looked for some clothes on his trunk and took the ones that fit him better. Ron talked him about his family and some of the things in his room while they were getting ready. He made a mental note to write to Hagrid after breakfast and proceed to walk out of the room talking with his new room mate. Ron became Harry's best friend instantly, he considered Hagrid as a friend also and he was surely going to talk to him when he arrived at Hogwarts. When they reached the table, Ron was already giving Harry a full speech of Quidditch rules. Harry was very excited about this whole world that just opened before his eyes and was eager to see a broom fly. On the downside he was still feeling a bit stiff but he thought that was because of the whole fainting thing.

"So little Ickle Ronnie has made a friend.." Fred said

"Seems so dear brother, unless that that friend isn't even listening to the bunch of stuff that our little brother is saying". George finished with a grin in his face.

Ron went red but Harry spoke first "I'm really enjoying that, haven't heard any of this before. It's really interesting. I'm Harry by the way"

"We know" said both of them.

"I'm Gred!"

"And I am Forge"

Harry looked at Ron and he just replied rolling his eyes. They walked in the direction of two empty seats that were together.

Once Harry sat on the table he greet Percy and all of them kept talking about the absent brothers. Ron had five older brothers two of them working abroad, Charlie and Bill. Percy was the oldest one still living at the Burrow and was a prefect this year, Harry thought that he was a bit mouthy so he liked him the less of Ron's brothers. The twins otherwise, Fred and George, were awesome and pretty funny.

It was then that he heard this gasp back on the stairs and he noticed Ginny Weasley standing up on the third step with her mouth wide open. Harry turned to see her and he couldn't avoid a huge smile being drawn on his face. Ginny's face was very red and when she tried to run upstairs she slipped down. Harry rushed to her and raised her from the floor letting his chair fall.

"Are you ok?" Harry asked and Ginny was, if possible, more red than before. Ginny didn't answer just laid there confused with wide eyes. Harry was lost for a second on her chocolate brown eyes.

After that, Mrs Weasley reached them and she calmed down when she noticed that Ginny was all right after that her daughter stood up. She was about to walk towards the table but then she seemed to remember that she was still on her pajamas, she turned to Harry and run upstairs to her bedroom.

"Don't worry dear, she is ok she's just a bit shy with new people" Mrs Weasley said. Harry nodded a bit disappointed, he was expecting to talk to her and he didn't even got to hear her voice.

Harry felt very strange about this girl he barely knew but he didn't want Ginny to feel uncomfortable. Even though he only got to hold her for a short period of time it just felt so right that he couldn't avoid to feel more complete. He returned to the table feeling less stiffer. Ginny came back when the breakfast was already on the table. She got to her seat very slowly with her eyes fixed on the floor, to Harry's disappointment she sat on the other end of the table.

"So Harry boy, since you are the most famous person to ever sit in this table.." George started as they were finishing breakfast.

"we were wondering if we could get a little bit of something.." George grinned mischievously.

"like an autograph that we could show to other people" Fred finished smiling.

"FRED!" Mrs Weasley scowled "leave the poor kid alone"

"We were joking Mum! and I'm George" Fred lied to her. Mrs Weasley just glared at him. "Besides he must be used to it!"

"It doesn't matter George, don't mess with him!" Mrs Weasley said

"I'm actually Fred" Mrs Weasley snorted

"I'm not. Used to it I mean. I'm a common boy. I just learned that I was a wizard yesterday. I may not be even as good as other boys that have been doing magic since they were born. Don't think anyone would want a piece of paper with my name" Harry explained as he lowered his sight.

"I know someone that would, right Gin-Gin?" George whispered to Ginny but loud enough for all of the table to hear. Ginny's eyes went wider and her face was crimson red. She turned to Harry and when he met her eyes she turned to face her dish very fast. "That was just perfect, now Ginny was going to take a lot of time before talking to him. Thank you very much George .. Or was it Fred?" Harry thought.

Mrs Weasley shot George a warning glare that seemed to say "We will talk about this later" and then turned to Harry "Don't worry dear, most of the boys know very little magic by the time they get to Hogwarts. You'll do all right".

After breakfast Harry offer himself to clean up but Mrs Weasley didn't let him do it. So he went upstairs to write a quick letter to Hagrid, fortunately Hedwig was already back.

Dear Hagrid,

Hope that you're all right. I'm very good, the Weasleys are a very nice family. I'll be learning Quidditch today I remember you said something about it. Hope you're ok. See you at Hogwarts.

Harry

After Harry was convinced by Ron that Hedwig didn't need an address to deliver the letter he gave it to her and they went downstairs. In the first floor he noticed a door ajar, but when they approached the door slammed with a quick squeal.

"That's Ginny's, just ignore her. She just talks all day about you and now that she met you she can't even say a word to you." Ron said. Harry just wished that she hadn't heard that, he didn't want her to feel embarrassed. If she did heard her brother, she might never talk to Harry.

"I think she seems like a nice girl" Harry said out loud. "Now let's go outside, I'm eager to see more wizardry stuff. Hope I don't fall"

Ron, Harry and the twins went to the orchard, there they taught Harry to play Quidditch and soon all four were playing a match with two per team. Sometimes Harry thought that there was someone watching through the window on the first floor. It was a wonderful day even when Ginny blushed and ran away from Harry every time they were in the same room. The only moments that he could actually see Ginny for more than ten seconds were on the meals and she never raised her eyes from her food. Harry tried to talk to her, he was thrilled about why he had these odd feelings towards her but she just kept avoiding him.

In the evening Mr Weasley arrived and met Harry, he was a very nice man and totally fascinated about Muggle stuff but he also seemed worried. They talked a briefly about the incident at Diagon Alley and he noticed Mr Weasley kind of serious, Harry thought that Ron's parents were hiding something important. Later Harry explained to him how some Muggle things worked and Mr Weasley's expression changed to fascination, he was particularly interested in all the things related to electricity. By the time Harry got to bed he was sure that the Burrow was the most wonderful place that he had ever been to, it felt much more like a home than Privet Drive ever will.

The days past at the Burrow and Harry discovered new things to do every day. He learned to play Exploding Snaps and got certain mastery riding the broom, the Weasleys told him that he was a natural to it. Ron taught him how to play Wizardry Chess and he lost spectacularly every single time, Harry's little chessmen were victims of disaster after disaster. The twins were very funny and he enjoyed talking to them or discovering one of their pranks. Percy and his prefect badge were their favorite targets, one time they managed to make him speak in rhyme the entire day. Harry laugh more those days than ever before, he even was glad to see a slight smile from Ginny one day that the twins transform Harry's glasses into triangle-glasses.

The only downside was that he was feeling stiff again and tired, he attributed this to his lack of sleep. Every day he had the green light nightmare and woke up screaming, they had never been this frequent before. Every day he was more tired than the previous one because most of the times he just couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours. Mrs Weasley noticed this and was completely puzzled about what was happening to him. Harry just told her that he was tired but he didn't mentioned the nightmares, for some reason she found out and gave him some kind of potion to sleep occasionally. Oddly enough also Ginny looked more tired and with puffy eyes, he didn't know if this was normal to her and that made Harry worry. He tried to ask Mrs Weasley a couple of times but she just said that she was going to get better. Ginny's health worried Harry more than his own health, anyway he was used to it. Harry was completely curious about this girl who had only spoken to him once.

Albus Dumbledore appeared one day short after Harry arrived at the Burrow irradiating serenity to the whole house. He was this tall old man with a long silver beard that wear a shinny purple cloak with vivid decorations, uncle Vernon would definitively not approve him as a normal person. The headmaster greeted Mrs Weasley and asked to speak with Harry.

"Good morning Harry, sorry that I haven't had the time to meet you previously but you may guess that I have a very busy schedule" the Headmaster greeted him with a smile.

"Good morning, you wanted to talk to me... Professor?" Harry asked

"Yes indeed I still want to" The headmaster replied. "I'm interested about what you have to say of the events that happened on Diagon Alley the day of your birthday"

Harry was expecting this and he already had the answer "I have already talked about this with Mr and Mrs Weasley sir, I don't know what happened between the time I met Ginny and when I woke up here at the Burrow".

Albus Dumbledore appeared to be thinking about it while looking at Harry with his soul-piercing blue eyes. He seemed to believe him because he adjusted his half moon spectacles and continued "I see, and you haven't noticed anything strange since then?"

"Well I have been a little tired since then I haven't slept much, too many bad dreams." Harry answered

"Interesting, would it be proper to ask what happens on those dreams?"

Harry hesitated for a moment "I don't even know I just see a green light flashing and lately also a laugh" The headmaster's face straighten at this.

"I won't lie to you Harry, that could be blurry memories of the night you got that scar" all of a sudden Harry's body felt much more colder.

"Do you have anymore questions my dear boy?"

"Just one, do I have to go back to the Dursley's?" Harry was hoping that he wouldn't have to, but he couldn't think of a place for him to stay. He didn't have any more relatives and even when he enjoyed the time spent at the Burrow he didn't want to be a burden for the family.

"I'm afraid that you have to, It is hard to explain but that is the safest place for you now" Then he appear to be thinking on a hard puzzle "Currently there is a problem with the protection there but I'm working on solving that problem. Hope to have all sorted out by next summer, that is the reason for your temporary stay at this house. I asked Molly to assist you until the term starts and she very kindly agreed"

"Oh, I was hoping I could go somewhere else" answered a bit disappointed

"Trust me it is the best option. But now, I am afraid I have to leave. I'll just speak briefly with Miss Ginevra and I'll be continuing my way" The headmaster smiled at Harry and started to walk toward the kitchen. "Nice to meet you Harry, see you in September"

"Nice to meet you too sir"

Albus Dumbledore spoke with Ginny and then discussed briefly with Mrs Weasley. A few moments later he was exiting through the main door. Mrs Weasley kept a worried face for more than an hour after the headmaster left.

Harry soon became Ron's best mate and both appeared as they had been friends for a long time. Ron and the twins also noticed Harry's tiredness since he wasn't doing as good on Quidditch as the first days of his arrival. One day after lunch they headed to Ron's room for another epic chess game when Ginny's topic came back to Harry.

"I really mean it Ron, I believe that your mother is trying desperately to make me explode with that amount of food since yesterday"

Ron just laugh "Well mate, I may have accidentally let something slipped about you not eating enough at your uncle's."

Harry went red "Why would you do that? Your mother will keep feeding me until I die!"

Ron burst out laughing and Harry joined him slightly, laughing also took too much energy from Harry "Just wait until Sunday's dinner"

"Sunday? why?" Harry asked intrigued.

"Sunday is Ginny's birthday and we will have much more food than usual" Ron said

Harry froze. Ginny wasn't talking in front of him yet. He wondered if he should be buying her a present maybe if he did she would be talking to him again. He kept remembering the tone of her voice when she introduced herself back at his birthday. Her family have been extremely nice to him but he knew that was not the reason for wanting to give her a present, but what if he got her a present and made her feel more uncomfortable, he definitively didn't want to make her feel bad.

"Should I get her a present?" He said after a few moments without laughing anymore.

"A present?" Ron looked surprised "why would you want to do that?. You barely know her and she doesn't even talk to you. You tried to talk to her once and you know how that ended"

That answer from Ron didn't make Harry happy at all. He cared about Ginny even when he wasn't sure why, Ron was her brother and shouldn't talk of her like that. On the other hand he didn't want to black out again. That day he asked Mrs Weasley about Ginny's present but she cut him of saying that he didn't need to get her anything, getting out to buy something was not going to be possible either. If he convinced Mrs Weasley of getting the present for him, he wouldn't get to pick it personally and surely Mrs Weasley won't allow to spend much on it.

Meanwhile his condition was worse each day. He barely slept at all now and if he did the nightmares were awful. He was restless and all of the family noticed it, oddly Ginny wasn't looking much better. Mrs Weasley was very worried now and she even made some floo calls trying to understand what to do to solve this problem. By the time he asked Mrs Weasley about Ginny's present he could barely walk before he needed to sit down. He left the Quidditch and focused on chess, his goal was to learn how to lose less spectacularly. It didn't work. Harry wondered again if his own condition was related to the Diagon Alley events or to Ginny's condition. He started to get worry also.

He made a decision regarding the present and prepared himself for Sunday. Saturday night was awful he started to believe that he may end up dying if he didn't get some rest soon. He trashed for hours around his bed with no changes, when he couldn't take it anymore he surrendered and fell asleep. He got ready to face the green light but it didn't come. There was an orchard on his dream probably the one near the Burrow and Ginny was there. She smiled and laughed and ran but the only thing that Harry heard her say was a distant "I'm Ginny". When he woke up he wasn't tired or stiff anymore and it felt so good. He knew that he could run outside and fly all day with all the energy that was running through his body.

When he opened his eyes he didn't get the expected orange instead he got a flaming red blur.
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear