Search:

SIYE Time:9:44 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Do Over
By Jeograph

- Text Size +

Category: Time-Turner Challenge (2014-2), Buried Gems, Time Turner Challenge (2014-2)
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Oliver Wood, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 34
Summary: Harry plods toward his death, toward the Dark Lord to give himself up, to make the greatest sacrifice of his life. Literally, his life. He goes to meet Death... But Death finds him first, and wants to make a deal. The question is Harry, do you think you can make things better? If you could make it all different. Would it all be better?
Hitcount: Story Total: 15151; Chapter Total: 2724





Author's Notes:
As this is a time travel story, this second chapter explores the changes to the world that have come as a consequence of Harry's actions. I hope that it is not difficult to follow. A special thanks to SeekersDestiny for a very quick Beta read.,

Update: Chapter re-edited by Arnel. Should be easier to read now. Thanks and I hope you enjoy!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Two

May 2, 1998, Again



It was a cool, all around pleasant evening with a light breeze coming up from the lake. The sky was punctuated by small clusters of softly floating cumulus clouds. Even though the sun would not set for nearly an hour the bright lights of the Quidditch pitch were already blazing to ensure that the transition would not interrupt the game.


The stands were swollen with students, parents and guests, along with throngs of Quidditch enthusiasts from all over Britain. The bustle of the crowd created an excitement that was palpable from outside the Muggle style stadium. The brand new structure had been under construction for most of the year and represented a quantum leap in technology within the Wizarding world, change that had come after years of reform by the Ministry of Magic and new laws that had dramatically softened the restrictions upon use and application of Muggle devices and sciences.


Hogwarts, under the leadership of Albus Dumbledore, who had worked tirelessly with the reformist Minister, had been at the forefront of societal change. What better place for the promotion of societal understanding than Hogwarts, where most Muggle-born Wizards receive their first indoctrination to the Wizarding world?


The construction of the most state-of-the-art Quidditch stadium ever built, on the grounds of the school, was only the most recent of many expressions of change that had come over the last seventeen years – more was certainly on the way.


On either side of the oval stadium, high over the heads of the audience members, were perched two huge black screens that appeared to, quite magically, display statistical data on each player's season. Every minute or so the information would change to that of another player and between the data, the screens displayed brightly colored, moving, magical photo clips featuring highlights of that player's previous games. It was no secret that part of the reason for the capacity crowd was to see these wondrous displays of hybrid Wizard/Muggle technology.


The screens faded to black. A moment later a large letterform logo appeared, consisting of the letters BWBC. Beneath the logo were the words, British Wizarding Broadcasting Company. The crowd quickly settled to a hush. An announcer’s voice sounded, "Ladies and Gentleman of Wizarding Britain, your Minister for Magic, the Honorable, Sirius Black."


An image of Minister Black filled the huge screen, an obviously robust, healthy and happy man, his black hair cropped to a neatly styled length, his handsome face adorned with a well-groomed goatee, his gray eyes shining above an easy smile that had come to be his political trademark.


"Good evening citizens of Wizarding Britain. It is my happy honor to welcome you this evening to the inaugural broadcast of the newly formed BWBC. I am not here to make a political speech, or update you on the state of your Ministry. I am here, with you, to mark this historic moment, and recognize a step forward in magical/technological progress.


“When we embarked together on reform some sixteen years ago, we could not be certain that the path we set for ourselves would correct our societal ills or that our new direction would yield positive results for Wizard kind as a whole. During these past years, I have seen our change in view evolve from a closed, Wizard-centric, anti-Muggle core, that tried desperately to preserve a misplaced notion of Wizard purity, to a more open, welcoming society that recognizes that that which makes us wizards, as we have now discovered, springs from the very genetics which we share in common with our Muggle brothers and sisters.


In recognizing that those among us who are born to non-magical, or half magical parentage are not in any way lesser beings, we have come to understand and admit, that the Muggles, who we once considered as less than ourselves, have surpassed us in creativity and inventiveness. They have created a society, which despite it's many ills, thrives and grows and enjoys a quality of life, we once thought was meant only for wizards and witches. I commend you, and honor you all for the brave choices behind us, and I have confidence that we shall meet splendidly the many struggles that inevitably lay in our future.


“This evening, we celebrate the development and wide spread implementation of the newest of our hybrid technologies, Wizarding television, and I can think of no better choice than the broadcast of one of our cherished Wizarding sports, played not by our professional teams, though I am told that will soon follow, but by our own next generation. So, without further ado, I welcome you to the broadcast of the final game of the 1998 Hogwarts Quidditch Cup.


“Thank you, and enjoy."


The screens faded black once more.


The announcer’s smooth voice returned. "Our guest commentators for tonight's game are professional Quidditch players and Hogwarts alumni, Anthony Berkhart, and Oliver Wood."


The screens flashed back to life displaying Anthony and Oliver seated in the announcer's booth.


"Welcome everyone to the final game of the Hogwart's school cup," Anthony began. "Oliver and I are honored to be here as your announcers for the evening."


"That's right Tony," Oliver continued, "and as Hogwarts alums, we couldn't be more pleased to be here today in this new stadium, to call what I am certain will me a wonderful and exciting match."


"To anyone who has been following the Hogwarts season," Tony took over, "it is no surprise at all. Tonight's match is between, Slytherin House, and Gryffindor House, two exciting teams that have dominated the season. Series point standings sit at Gryffindor 590, and Slytherin 580, so the winning team in today's game will take the series. Now, Gryffindor is riding a six year winning streak and is clearly the team to beat. But, there are those who have been saying that this year's Slytherin team may just be up to the challenge. Any comments, Oliver?"


"Well, I have read the press too, Tony, but as a former Captain of the Gryffindor team myself, you know I could never agree. And, that's not just because of my own history. It comes down to a very simple fact: Harry Potter has just never been beaten. Since becoming the youngest Seeker in Hogwarts history during his first year, he has never failed to catch the Snitch."


"That is true, Oliver, but there are those who say a lucky streak like that has to end sometime."


"That argument assumes it’s luck, Tony. Don't forget, I've played with Harry. And I'm telling you I wouldn't bet any galleons on that assumption."


"You may be right Oliver, and I guess there are a lot of coaches out there that agree with you. Rumor has it that Potter has received contract offers from every team in the British league and even a few from other countries."


"I wouldn't be surprised, Tony. Of course, he is not the only excellent player in tonight's game. Both teams are comprised of students whose skills could already be considered professional level. In fact, Ian Urquhart, Slytherin's sixth year Seeker, has never lost to anyone but Potter, and their seventh year Beaters, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, play with a singular intensity that can only be described as dangerous."


"Too true, but even their intense tactics may fall short tonight in the face of what we have come to know as the Gryffindor four: Harry Potter, and his best mates, Chaser Draco Tonks, a seventh year; Keeper Ron Weasley, also a seventh year; and Ron's little sister, Ginevra, their sixth year Chaser."


"Oh, I am warning you, Tony, you had better never make the mistake of referring to Ginny Weasley by her given name, or as Ron's little sister, ever again, and especially not to her face. That girl is famous for her Bat-Bogey Hex, as well as her accomplishments on the Quidditch field."


"Sounds like you may have some inside insight, Oliver. What gives these four players their chemistry?"


"Well, there is no secret there, Tony. These kids grew up in one another's hip pockets and they have been playing Quidditch together since they were young enough to hold onto a broom. If you ever get a chance, just ask Minister Black to tell you a few stories–as Potter's god-father and guardian there is nothing he likes to talk about more.


"Thanks, Oliver. If I ever meet the Minister I'll be sure to do just that. There is one huge burning question though, that the readers of Teen Witch Weekly would like answered. Do you know if there is any truth to the rumors of a romance brewing between Harry Potter and his teammate Ginny?"


"Oh, no you don't, Tony. Even if I could answer that question, I don't want to be mobbed outside the stadium by those rabid readers."


The screens image flashed to the stadium stands where a throng of angry-looking, starry-eyed girls were holding banners sporting slogans like, 'Potter is the best,' and 'Marry me, Harry!'


"Play it safe then, Oliver, but I am guessing you know something."


"Well, I am not saying anything, Tony, and fortunately there is no time to dwell on the subject as it looks like the teams are ready to take to the pitch."


"Right you are, Oliver. The Slytherin team is entering the pitch now. Care to introduce them?"


"Certainly, Tony. The Slytherin Chasers are leading the pack. First is Violet Vaisey, fourth year; followed by Reggie Higgs, fifth year; and Samantha Davis, third year, the youngest player in today's game..."


*** *** *** *** *** *** ***



The atmosphere in the Minister's box was jubilant as Sirius entered. Two security wizards in black robes nodded to him as he entered. "Good evening, Minister Black," they said in unison.


"Evening, boys," Sirius said as he turned to the man on his left. "Don't tell me you are going to hang back here all evening, Laurel? Or you, Hardy? I know it’s your job to protect me, but I also know how much you two love Quidditch. You can at least stand where you can see both the door and the game."


"Yes, sir, thank you sir," they again said in unison.


Sirius chuckled as he passed, and turning his head he said, "You can get something from the buffet as well, you know. It's a game, not a cabinet meeting."


Moving into the rear of the room Sirius spied a lovely dark haired woman talking to a giddy, excited little elf. "Andromeda,” he called. He threw out his arms expectantly.


The woman turned and moved toward him, greeting him with a warm hug. "Sirius, you look well," she said as he released her.


"Oh, I am fine," he said dismissively. "And how is my favorite cousin? I am so glad you could make it."


Andromeda laughed, "Me, not make it to Draco's final game? Why, Dobby would never forgive me."


"Yes," Sirius chuckled jovially, "Where is that little rascal?"


"Dobby is being here, Honorable Minister, Mr. Black Sir." The squeaky voice of the little elf sounded from near Sirius' feet.


Sirius immediately kneeled down to face Dobby on his level. "Well, there you are Dobby. I guess thanks is in order. I assume you are responsible for this elaborate buffet?" The little elf blushed furiously and nodded. "Thank you, Dobby," Sirius said with genuine warmth, causing Dobby to turn a deeper scarlet. "Now, Dobby, once the game starts, you must promise me that you will take your seat and watch the game. People can get their own drinks, you know." Dobby grinned and twitched a little uncomfortably.


"Yes, sir, Dobby is promising," Dobby took a shy step backward.


"And one other thing, Dobby, you must also promise not to try to help the boys win the game."


Dobby grinned as wide as his face would stretch and said in a mock hurt voice, "Mr. Minister Black, sir, Dobby would never. His Tonks, Harry and his Weaseys, win every game without help. They is the bestest Quidditch players ever! Dobby is surprised you is not knowing this."


"Thanks again, Dobby." Sirius smiled. He winked at Dobby, and the proud elf turned and trotted away toward the box seats.


Sirius stood back up. "You have made it clear to him, Andromeda, that the new legislation makes him a free elf and he can leave you any time he pleases?"


"Oh, I have told him," Andromeda smiled. "He had the most dreadful panic attack. Poor thing thought I was going to send him away. No, he will never leave us, he is far too devoted to my Draco and your Harry."


Sirius smiled warmly. A moment later a serious expression crossed his face and he pulled his cousin into another hug. "I am sorry, Andromeda, about Ted and Nymphadora," he whispered.


Andromeda pushed gently back from the hug and dabbed her eyes with a kerchief she produced from seemingly nowhere. "Pish-posh," she said with a slight choke in her voice. Then her face turned a bit stern. "It is high time you quit trying to apologize for what's past, cousin. That was years ago now, and none of that business was your fault." She paused and her expression softened. "Besides, you brought me Draco and he has been the joy of my life." The two smiled at one another.


Just then a voice was heard from the seating area. "Padfoot! Get down here. The game is about to begin." Lupin, standing in the front row of seats, was waving him down. At once the whole seating area turned to see him and a hail of greetings came his way.


Making his way down to his seat, he quickly extended greetings to the many Ministry personnel and their families occupying the last two rows of box seats.


Having been Minister for nearly fifteen years it was no accident that Sirius knew them all by name, from Madam Amelia Bones, Chief Witch of the Wizengamot, there with her niece Susan, and her boyfriend Michael Corner, to Jorey Porkins, Ministry Janitor, and winner of the first, all Ministry, box seat raffle. He was there with his wife Millicent and their children, Rex, Malik, Pearl and Regina, none of whom where old enough yet to attend Hogwarts.


The second row was occupied almost entirely by the Weasley clan and a few guests, including Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood. Sirius stepped past the girls and greeted Molly Weasley with a warm hug, and Arthur with a firm handshake. Arthur and his boys thanked Sirius profusely for the seats, to which he replied, "Nonsense, we're all family here," which of course they were owing to the fact that both Molly and Arthur were distant cousins, and how close they had become over the years, what with Harry and Draco summering so often at The Burrow, enjoying the friendship of peers, and the family atmosphere of the large clamoring household.


After a few brief words with the Weasleys and a promise to show for next Sunday supper, Sirius turned back to the two girls at the end and greeted them warmly.


"Hermione, Luna," he smiled, "Very glad you two could make it. I half expected you to sit with your houses."


"Mrs. Weasley made us promise," Hermione whispered.


"As well she should have," Sirius laughed. "From the things I have been hearing, you are practically a Weasley already, and if Ron has anything to say about it you surely will be one day," he said teasingly.


Hermione turned beet red, but couldn't make her smile go away. She giggled nervously. "Minister, we have not been dating that long," she said in protest.


"The way I hear it, it has been nearly two whole years now, and obvious to all your friends for years before that," he said adding a mischievous wink.


Before Hermione could formulate a rebuttal he turned to Luna. "Luna, my dear, you are lovely, the picture of your beautiful mother. Where are your parents, anyway?"


"Oh," her eyes brightened, "Daddy and Mother are gone on an expedition in the Carpathian Mountains. Daddy thinks there is a rogue coven of Vampires hiding there and Mother is looking for a rare strain of high-altitude Wolfsbane. She is hoping to improve upon the standard Wolfsbane Potion as a help to the werewolf community. But I think they are really off on their annual honeymoon," Luna smiled innocently.


Sirius smiled knowingly. "And your twin brothers?" he asked.


Luna brightened again. "Aphelion and Azimuth are down in the Hufflepuff seats. They wanted to be with their friends," she said.


"Probably just as well," Sirius said pointedly, "Good idea, I think, to keep them separated from Fred and George as much as possible."


The girls giggled, knowing well the reputations of both sets of twins.


"And, has Draco been treating you well," Sirius asked finally, "or have you dumped him already?"


It was Luna's turn to blush, which she did, but not nearly to the degree Sirius was looking for. Instead, with hardly skipping a beat she adopted a formal voice and said, "He prefers everyone call him Tonks. Family should know that. And, he has been a perfect gentleman, thank you very much."


"Damn," Sirius said in mock disappointment. "I thought I'd been a bigger influence on him than that." He winked at Luna.


Immediately, Luna leaned close and in a pseudo whisper she said, "I said he's been a perfect gentleman." She emphasized the word perfect. "And, a perfect gentleman doesn't kiss and tell." She leaned back and returned his wink.


"Luna!" Hermione exclaimed, as Sirius barked out a full laugh.


"Oh, I like you, Luna! I do like you," Sirius said as he turned away still laughing.


At the front row, Sirius greeted a few of his advisors and Deputy Minister Shacklebolt before reaching his friend Remus Lupin and greeting him with an embrace. He waved greetings to more Ministry personnel down the rest of the row, and his cousin Andromeda seated next to Dobby at the end. Lastly, he greeted Headmistress McGonagall before taking his seat between Lupin and Albus Dumbledore, who was sitting quietly.


He leaned over to the man who had been a most prized advisor and friend and said, "I am so glad to have you here, Albus." Dumbledore was staring out across the stadium, but didn't appear to be focused on anything in particular. Sirius waited a moment for a response, but then patted the older man's hand affectionately.


Minerva leaned over from the seat next to Dumbledore and straightened the blanket across his legs and lap. "He is having a very good day today, and I know he is happy to be here."


Suddenly, Dumbledore straightened a bit and his eyes seemed to focus. He looked at both Minerva and Sirius at his sides and said, "Yes, yes, very happy to be here. Having a wonderful time. Harry and I are both having a wonderful time." He looked intently at Sirius as though he had a great deal to say, and no words with which to say it.


"Yes, Albus, I am quite certain Harry is having the time of his life." He pointed out at one end of the pitch. "See, Albus, Harry is coming onto the pitch now. He is the last player to be introduced. The game is about to start."


Dumbledore leaned closer, his eyes following to where Sirius was pointing. He smiled. "Not that Harry," he whispered. Then he leaned forward in his seat and pointed to another place at the opposite end of the pitch, just beneath the Gryffindor goal posts. A place where there was no one to be seen. "The other Harry," he said. Slipping back against his backrest he promptly appeared to fall asleep.


Minerva fussed with the blanket again, her concern obvious. Sirius leaned closer. "It has gotten worse?" he asked.


"Yes," she said, "these moments of lucidity are few and far between now."


"And the Healers at St. Mungo’s?" Sirius asked.


"They still don't know," Minerva responded despondently. "They keep saying it is some form of Wizard Dementia, like what the Muggles call Alzheimer's. But clearly there is a magical dimension to it. They say he is radiating huge amounts of magical energy."


"Well, that much I can tell just sitting close to him," Sirius said. "We mustn't lose hope, Minerva." He took her hand and held it comfortingly for a moment. "There is always hope."


The Headmistress nodded finally and forced a small smile. They both sat back in their seats.


*** *** *** *** *** *** ***



The whistle sounded and the trunk flung open, releasing the Golden Snitch, the Quaffle and the two Bludgers, all of which burst straight up into the air to the level of play. From above, Harry registered the players rushing toward the center, but he concentrated on the Snitch, which ascended fastest, hovered for a moment above the fray, and then disappeared to the left in a blur he was unable to follow.


The Bludgers flew off in opposite directions intercepted by Beaters, and Tonks emerged with the Quaffle firmly in hand. He passed quickly to teammate Demelza Robins who in turn passed to Ginny, and the game was underway.


Ian Urquhart, opposite Harry, started a slow spiral around the pitch and Harry, in normal play form mirrored his movements.


Below them, the Gryffindor Chasers pushed hard toward the Slytherin Goal where Keeper Bryan Bole moved lightly before the three goals. Ginny, in possession of the Quaffle, burst forward and took aim at the highest, center goal. She dodged a Bludger sent her way by one of the Slytherin Beaters and at the last second passed to Tonks who was swooping up beneath her. Bryan adjusted right, and Tonks twirled suddenly, sending the Quaffle cleanly through the left-hand goal. Harry could hear Anthony Berkhart, excitedly proclaiming the first points of the game for Gryffindor. Harry smiled, and keeping an eye on Ian, relaxed a little on his broom. Instinct told him the Golden Snitch would not be seen for a good while, and he so loved watching his team below play the game.


Ron was in top form as the next volley saw the Slytherins push toward the Gryffindor goals. They swooped and passed, dodging Bludgers and the Gryffindor Chasers until they were in position, and Thwap! Ron was there, casting the Quaffle aside and right into Demelza's waiting arms.


Harry and Ian continued to circle as the game progressed. A strong Gryffindor push down center pitch and... Another goal for Gryffindor! The crowd was on its feet. Streamers and banger caps flooding onto the field from the stands. Moments later, an equally strong push from the Slytherins, and... Goal!


By the time Harry noticed the brilliant sunset the score had reached Gryffindor 100 points to Slytherin's 90, and below he could hear the excited voice of Oliver Wood proclaiming it one of best matches it had been his privilege to witness. And then, against the purple, scarlet and amber horizon he caught a small glint of gold. He looked over to see if Ian had caught it, but the boy had been looking down. Harry was off, streaking toward the glint as fast as he could make his Firebolt accelerate. Without looking he could sense Ian catch his movement and follow in his wake. The glint plunged down toward the pitch and Harry dove at a steep angle to intercept.


*** *** *** *** *** ***



"This has certainly been one of the best games of Quidditch I've witnessed in a long time, Oliver," Anthony Berkhart proclaimed.


"I'll second that, Tony. It seems to come down to two very evenly matched teams. One team scores, and then the other counters."


"And you can't fault the Keepers here either; both Weasley and Bole have turned away as much as they've let slip through. They each show a tremendous amount of skill and determination and it has taken real skill on the part of these Chasers to make these points."


"With these two teams, Tony, this game is going to come down to the Snitch and who can catch it first."


"I suspect you are right, Oliver... There's the toss and Bole puts the Quaffle back in play with a short pass to Higgs. Higgs passes to Davis and Davis to Vaisey and oh! That was a close Bludger by Coote."


"That broom is gonna need re-twiging for sure, Tony."


"Vaisey drops a vertical to Davis at center pitch, who dodges an attempted steal by Weasley. And there's another close Bludger by Peakes. Davis to Higgs, Higgs to Vaisey, and the Gryffindor Chasers are in defense posture. Tonks attempts to bat away the Quaffle from Vaisey, who passes to Higgs. Weasley is close on the goals and it’s a fake left. Higgs scores on the right!"


"The crowd is on its feet again and that ties up this game, Tony!"


"And that's not the only excitement, Oliver. It looks like Potter has spotted the Snitch!"


"Look at that speed, Tony! And, is he... He is! He's into a corkscrew!"


"How can he follow anything and spin like that?!"


"Urquhart is hot on his tail, but can't seem to match that speed. The Snitch is plunging hard toward the action."


"And here come the Bludgers, Crabbe and Goyle are sending both into Potter's path!"


"Peaks intercepts, sending one Bludger back at Goyle. The other passes through Potter's corkscrew twists... It's a miss! Urquhart is hanging back waiting to see the direction the Snitch will go."


"The Snitch plunges through play level and makes a sharp turn toward the Slytherin goals."


"Potter's in trouble, he's... He's..."


"Impossible! Potter makes the turn! He pulled out of a corkscrew into sloth position! And he made the turn! Have you ever seen anything like it?!"


"No one has, Tony. I don't think that's ever been done before!"


"And Potter is still after the Snitch, rounding the Slytherin goal posts and skirting the crowd."


"And here comes Urquhart. He swoops down into the pursuit and hits Potter with a body check."


"No surprise there, Oliver. But, Potter won't be slowed down by those tactics."


"No, in fact, Tony, as they round the pitch just above the crowd, Potter is pulling ahead and reaching for the Snitch. This could be the end of the match!"


"Oh! Gryffindor scores! All eyes are on Potter and the Snitch and his teammates use the distraction wisely."


"Tony, this is Quidditch at its best! Urquhart checks Potter again and the Snitch jumps ahead! In fact, where did it go?!"


"Potter and Urquhart, seem to have lost it as well. Yes, they are slowing and moving back above the main play level. Oliver, you've played with Potter, have you ever seen anything like that before?"


“Never, Tony, not even in a practice. I know professional Seekers who would swear that couldn't be done. I think we'll be talking about that move for years."


“Slytherin has the Quaffle and the push is on to even the score. Higgs to Vaisey, Vaisey to Davis, Davis to Higgs, and back to Davis. These players all over the pitch. Oh! Davis takes a Bludger to the shoulder, but she's okay, passes to Higgs and there's the throw."


"Ron Weasley is on fire, what a block!"


"Robins recovers the Quaffle, and here we go. Pass to Weasley. Weasley dodges left and passes right to Tonks. Back to Robins, and Oh! Coots bats away a Bludger just in time! Robins to Weasley again, and back to Tonks! He shoots... He scores!"


"What a bad break for Bole. These players must be getting tired. That makes the score 120 to 100, Gryffindor, and this is still anyone's game."


"Not for long, I think, Tony. The Snitch is back in play and it looks like Urquhart has a jump on Potter! Could this be the end of a six year winning streak?!"


"The Snitch turns tight around the Gryffindor goal posts, Urquhart reaches for the grab, but he can't hold the turn. Right into the boards!"


"That's gonna hurt tomorrow, Tony."


"Potter seizes the opening and he is close on the Snitch as it plunges toward the grass. How can he fly so low? He's gonna catch a knee! This will not be pretty!"


"Don't worry, Tony, I've seen Potter lay onto his broom many times, the boy has wicked control."


"Both Crabbe and Goyle are batting Bludgers at Potter and those boys look angry. Look at the divots those Bludgers have left in the grass. If either of those had connected, Potter would be in the hospital wing for sure. Urquhart is back in play, heading to intercept as the Snitch rounds the Slytherin posts. No one can turn that tight, it's Potter's turn to hit the boards. No! No! Potter swings to the side, plants his feet and kicks off the boards! This is incredible!"


"What a move! But, that trajectory change has cost him some momentary speed and now the Snitch appears to be headed straight at Urquhart. He's going for the grab and... Oh! He must have touched it, so close!"


"Potter zips past Urquhart at breakneck speed and he is poised to get the Snitch, arm outstretched... The Snitch arcs upward to a straight vertical ascent, but Potter is pushing hard, Urquhart is following, but just can't match speed. Folks this is it, he's... he's... Yes! Potter has got the Snitch!"


"That's one hundred fifty points to Gryffindor and the end of this game! The crowd is on its feet as Potter waves the Snitch triumphantly! His teammates are headed to congratulate him."


"An exciting end to a very exciting game Oliver, and that secures the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor once again. Look at the disappointment on the faces of the Slytherin team. Crabbe and Goyle look ready to throttle someone. I recommend keeping a distance folks. What's this, Crabbe and Goyle are tossing the Bludgers and it looks like they are going to... They wouldn't... the game is over!"


"They are, they are batting the Bludgers at Potter. They'll be banned for this! Look out, Harry!"


"Potter doesn't see this coming! He'll... Oh no! Oh no! One of Potter's teammates just flew into the path of the Bludgers and has been knocked off their broom. It's... It's... Yes, it's Ginny Weasley and she has fallen to the ground. She isn't moving. Merlin this can't be good!"


"Her teammates are rushing to her aid! We can't see clearly from the booth, but folks, this does not look good! This is not good at all!"


_______________________ ________________

Please review - Thanks


NEXT

Chapter Three
Time is Seldom Time Enough



Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear