Search:

SIYE Time:10:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 351
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 138874; Chapter Total: 7510
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you Arnel!!!!

So readers, we're soooo close. Just an epilogue, and also with the epilogue I will post the first part of the prologue of the new story some time in the next week or two. You've been amazing, readers.

I am through my first round of edits on my original story, and I'm super excited and a bit nervous about it. We're looking for the third-ish week in January to publish. Fingers crossed, and please keep me in mind. If you like how I write characters, you'll probably enjoy this new story.

As for the sequel... it's got fluff, action, a lot on the kids, and a new threat. All good times. Stay tuned.

Finally, thank you for all of your reviews. I will probably get over 300 reviews from this story, and that feels amazing. I'm so glad you have enjoyed it, and I appreciate all of your support. You rock!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Thursday September 24th

Ginny hit the sitting room floor with a solid thud as the Porteky dropped her into her house. “Kreacher!” she yelled as she groaned and rolled onto her side, thankful that the bonds around her had been attached to the table and not her, or she’d have gotten back home still tied up. The elf came running. “Go… get… Harry.”

With a crack he was gone and she gave up and flopped back. The wind had been knocked out of her when she’d landed.

Seconds later, Harry was back with Kreacher and she felt him scoop her into his arms. “You’re okay! You’re okay? Ginny what--”

She put a hand up to his lips to stop him. “Just winded, the Portkey dropped me hard.”

He kissed her and then raised his wand and she saw several of his Patronuses fly away. “What happened?”

“A woman took me from George’s shop,” Ginny explained, sitting up and rubbing her back. “I used Hermione’s Portkey to get me home. She was completely nuts, Harry.” She closed her eyes and felt his hand slide into her hair. “The things that were done to her… I can’t even imagine.”

Harry kissed her temple. “I’m so sorry, Gin.”

“It isn’t your fault,” Ginny said shaking her head and winding her arms around his neck. “She… oh Harry, she was talking about holding me for a year, and then impregnating me again once the birth control potion wore off, but this time with someone else’s child. I lied and told her that I took the potion that lasts a year. She didn’t know I was pumping, but she was hoping you’d beat me and rape me if she sent me back pregnant by another man. She thought that you might hate me because you’d been forced to marry me.”

He closed his eyes and shook his head. “That’s insane. I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“The whole thing was… I don’t know. It was just awful to hear her talk about her life.” Sighing, and so thankful to be in Harry’s arms safe in their home, she let go of the tension. “I wanted to kill her for what she did to Hope, but there wasn’t any way I was going to be able to. I had to leave my wand.”

She felt him nod and pull her in closer. “You can get a new wand tomorrow. When I got the message from George I… not one of my best moments.”

“Do you know who she is?”

“Crabbe’s mum,” he told her. “I was hoping you had the Portkey on you. I didn’t check this morning. Thank goodness for Hermione and that coin.”

Before she had a chance to digest this, the Floo lit up and half her family piled in to the sitting room, wanting to see for themselves that Ginny was okay.

~*~

“Can we trace where she was when she activated the Portkey?” Harry asked Robards an hour later as he, Robards and Ron stood over one of the interrogation room tables looking down at the information on Isabella Crabbe.

“Not without the maker,” Robards said and then frowned. “Who made it?”

“Hermione Granger,” Harry admitted hesitantly. “I’m not going to get her thrown in jail for telling you that, am I?”

Looking impressed, he shook his head and turned to Ron. “Head over to Hogwarts and bring her back here. We’ll need her.”

“Yes sir,” Ron said, leaving the room not looking at all sorry that he had another excuse to see his girlfriend.

“So if--” Harry broke off as the door burst open and Raeburn came running in.

“Sir, we’ve had a fire up in Kent,” Raeburn said looking pale and shaken.

Robards scowled at him. “What does this have to do with us?”

“It’s Fiend Fire, sir,” Raeburn explained. “It’s completely out of control.”

The two looked at each other and then headed for the door.

By the time they arrived in Kent several acres were actively on fire with nearly every Ministry employee working to control the blaze. There was no real way to stop Fiend Fire except to make sure it had nothing left to burn. Muggle houses were in the way and already catching fire. There was a small village that was in danger of going up as well.

Everyone was split to either get the Muggles out, or setting a control burn around the edges. Reinforcements showed up from all corners of the Wizarding community, including Ron and Hermione. Harry saw them briefly after a few hours of fighting the blazing inferno.

It took nearly twelve hours to contain the fire. In the end almost four hundred witches and wizards came in to fight it. Only one body was found and it was in the ruins of an old house that had belonged to one Oscar Greengrass and was left in trust for his grandchildren, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, and Daphne and Astoria Greengrass upon them reaching their majority. The body was located in an underground storage vault that should have protected anyone from a normal fire. But this body was so mangled and warped that it was nearly impossible to tell it was human. It was sad and somehow fitting that she’d died the same way as her son, also by her own hand.

Harry Apparated home at nearly five in the morning so tired and singed around the edges that he could barely think. Ginny came out to meet him and helped him upstairs. She stuck him in the bath, helped scrub off the grime and guided him to their bed to fall flat on his face and sleep for nearly fourteen hours.

~*~

Saturday September 26th

“So what else?” Ginny asked, sticking the last grape in Harry’s mouth and shifting on the bed to put the empty bowl on the bedside table.

He chewed up the fruit and shrugged. “Then Draco said that he hoped the kid would look like you.”

“Why did he say that?” She blurted out, astonished.

Harry tackled her sideways and kissed her neck. “Because you’re beautiful and I’m not.”

“I think you’re very handsome,” Ginny said as primly as she could.

“I’m glad,” Harry said kissing her and getting lost in the feel of her against him. “Merlin, I am so glad you are okay and I’m equally glad that Isabella Crabbe is dead.”

Ginny shrugged. “I hate her, Harry. But she also gave us Hope. We wouldn’t have had her if it weren’t for this insane plan of hers.”

Harry looked off thoughtfully. “You’re right.”

“As much as this has hurt,” she told him, willing herself not to cry so that she could get it out. “As much as I miss Hope, I’m really glad we had her, even for just a few months. I wouldn’t wish that time away.”

“I wouldn’t either,” Harry admitted, curling into her. “I think… this is weird to say, but I think this whole thing has made me a better man.”

Ginny thought about it and ran her fingers along his forearm. “I agree. We both had to really grow up very fast.”

“Nothing like being told you’re going to be a dad to give everything a new perspective,” Harry agreed sadly. “It has been a rough few months.”

“It has,” Ginny agreed. “It also made me realize just how lucky I am.”

He looked at her oddly. “Come again?”

“Harry, you didn’t hear Isabella Crabbe,” Ginny said grimly. “She had no idea what it was like having a family that would protect her. She was absolutely convinced you were going to turn on me. She had no concept of what it was like to be loved.”

Harry stared at her silently. “You never doubted me, did you?”

“No!” Ginny fired up. “I never doubted you. I knew that if I came back after a year that you’d still love me because that’s who you are. You’ve made this commitment to me and you won’t back away from it. You’ve proven that to me over and over again. It would have been hard and awkward having someone else’s baby, but you’d have learned to love the baby because you love me and it would have been a part of me.”

Harry’s eyes were intense as he studied her face. “Yeah… that’s exactly what I would have done. Sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself.”

“That’s my job,” she promised, kissing the tip of his nose.

Sighing, Harry rolled onto his back and stared up at their bedroom celling. “My life has just been a series of bad things happening. I hate that you’re always going to be caught up in that.”

Frowning, Ginny sat up cross legged next to him. “You didn’t start this. She was crazy and her son killed himself. That didn’t have anything to do with you.” Crawling over to straddle him, she let her hair fall around them like a curtain as she kissed him. “But you have to admit, marrying me was a really excellent thing.”

He reached up and buried his hands in her thick hair, the hair he absolutely adored. “That it is.” After a few happy moments Harry broke away, looking over at the clock. “Andromeda should be here soon.” He looked at her, studying her carefully. “Are you sure you’re ready to see Teddy?”

“Yes,” Ginny said firmly. “None of this is Teddy’s fault and he shouldn’t be treated like it is. I needed some time but I’m okay now. I don’t want you to have to keep going over there, like he’s not welcome in our home.”

Shortly after lunch Andromeda arrived with the nearly six-month-old Teddy. Ginny had gone out and bought some toys for the baby a few days before in preparation for his visit and she stood nervously next to Harry, twisting her hands together. Harry took her one of her hands, stilling it. “You’re sure?”

“Positive,” Ginny said as they opened the door for her. She held out her arms for the baby and pulled him in close, breathing in his baby scent and reveling in the feel of him in her arms. It wasn’t the same as when she’d held Hope, but it was a balm to her soul and a comfort in a different way. She had Teddy to love and to spoil. “Let me show you all the toys I got!” she told the little boy, carrying him over to the basket in the sitting room.

“Ginny went a bit overboard,” Harry told Andromeda as they trailed behind her, “Bought half the shop.”

Ginny grinned down at the baby who was sitting at the basket carefully pulling the toys out. “Harry is so silly! I only bought a third of the shop.”

Laughing, Harry sat next to her and kissed her soundly. “Come here little man,” Harry said, helping him stand on his sturdy little legs.

Teddy grinned a gummy grin and bounced twice before plopping back onto his padded bum.

“He’s about ready to start crawling,” Andromeda told them as she sat down on the sofa. “I caught him on all fours this morning, trying to figure out how to make his legs and arms work.”

“Aww,” Ginny cooed, tickling him. It was difficult, like she’d expected, but it was also a relief. She didn’t want to be afraid to see Teddy. She didn’t want to fear the pain. She wanted this child in her life unconditionally and she needed to face it.

“When are the Harpies tryouts?” Andromeda asked her.

“Thank you,” Ginny said happily as Teddy handed her a block. “Next week. I’m still a bit rusty, but it’s getting easier. It helps that Harry has a Firebolt for me to practice on.”

“I can imagine,” Andromeda said laughing. “I… I imagine you’re glad to have that woman gone.”

Ginny looked into Harry’s eyes for a moment and they shared the pain that only two parents can share when they’ve lost their child. Something that Andromeda well knew.

“I am,” Ginny agreed slowly, looking back into her kind face. “I didn’t fancy having to look over my shoulder all the time, but in a small way I feel bad for her too. She had a rough life and she couldn’t seem to understand that there wasn’t any way that she could make Harry hurt me.”

The older woman nodded sadly. “I knew their family, although not well. I remember when it happened and I knew why it was happening. I was married to Ted at that point and my family had turned their backs on me. We’d actually had to elope to keep me safe from them.”

Harry pushed a ball over to Teddy who attempted to shove it in his mouth. “That must have been hard.”

“Not really,” she said, sitting back. “I didn’t agree with anything my family did, so to me it was freeing to be well shut of them. If I hadn’t married Ted and gone into hiding, they’d have pawned me off on some pureblood who would have made me sorry I was ever born.”

Ginny felt the tears prickle but pushed them aside. “So it’s true? That the Death Eaters were having women abused like that?”

“Oh yes,” Andromeda said quietly, her eyes haunted. “Oscar Greengrass was making noises about not joining the Death Eaters and when he wouldn’t cooperate his daughters were taken. I believe Isabella was fifteen when it happened. Her husband was nearly thirty. Once she was pregnant, she had to marry him. Crabbe was always a brute and I’m sure he made her life a living hell. It was an effective method for keeping the pureblood families in line.”

Ginny blew out a breath. “I never knew that.”

“No,” Andromeda smiled a real smile this time. “I have always admired your family for that. The Weasleys were going to do their own thing and ignore what anyone else thought they should do. They never bought into the pureblood mania. They worked hard to keep you safe.”

Ginny turned when a slobbery hand touched her arm and she grinned, picking Teddy up to blow a raspberry in his tummy. “You are so adorable!”

Teddy giggled and squirmed and Ginny set him back down. He propped himself back up on all fours and rocked a bit.

“That’s what he was doing earlier,” Andromeda explained. “I was sure he was going to--”

Then he crawled. First one arm out and one leg, then the other and he made it less than half a foot before his leg slid out from under him. He let out a frustrated cry and Harry picked him up, cuddling him to his chest. Ginny watched the baby snuggle in Harry’s arms for just a moment before squirming to get down and try again. Back onto all fours he went.

Before leaving, Andromeda went out to the car and came back with a bouquet of flowers. She hesitated, but Ginny realized what she wanted. Harry picked up the sleepy Teddy and they walked out the back together towards Hope’s grave. Silent tears fell down Ginny’s face, blurring the path as they crossed over the bridge.

Andromeda bent and placed the flowers on her grave, touching the carved stone and tracing out Hope’s name. She stood and turned to hug Ginny, their tears mingling together. “I’m so sorry. I wish things could have been different.”

“Me too,” Ginny sobbed into her shoulder.

Teddy made a noise and they looked at him. The baby leaned over to Ginny out of Harry’s arms and she took him, holding him close. Harry wrapped them both in a big hug and she kissed the baby’s soft hair. They would be okay someday.
Reviews 351
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear