Search:

SIYE Time:8:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 351
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 138872; Chapter Total: 8873
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I appreciate all the reviews everyone! I'm responding as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I start to weave in some of the intrigue. I know it's been a bit hidden, and in some chapters there won't be a lot to mention, but the bad stuff, the bad guy... it's coming. Let me know what you think! Good or bad. ~Sarah

Thanks to JPx for the support and beta service.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


When he reached the kitchen he saw Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table with Bill and Ron while Mrs. Weasley worked with Kreacher to make supper. “She’s asleep again,” he told them, standing awkwardly in the room. Mr. Weasley was regarding him curiously.

“Poor lamb,” Mrs. Weasley clucked. “We’ll have to wake her for dinner but that won’t be for a bit. Did she like the house?”

“Yes,” Harry said. “Very much, so we can move on that.”

Bill grinned. “I will get the quaffle rolling tomorrow, then.”

“Where are Hermione and Luna?”

“Gone to get Luna’s things. They should be back by dinner.” Molly told him.

Harry took a deep breath, steeling himself. “Mr. Weasley-”

“Arthur,” Mr. Weasley corrected.

“Arthur, uh can I have a word with you outside?” Harry stood there, trying not to fidget.

He didn’t glance at his wife who was looking between them, but kept his eyes on Harry. “Yes, of course son. Ron, why don’t you come too?”

“Me?” Ron said, clearly confused.

“Yes,” Arthur said, getting to his feet. “This is a conversation we all need to have.”

Bill’s face dawned in comprehension. “I think I’ll come as well. I can help.”

Then to Harry’s horror, Molly cottoned on to what he wanted. Before she could say anything, Harry hurried out the back door. He wanted to stick his hands in his pockets and stare at the ground, but he needed to face this.

Arthur wandered over to a large tree and conjured four chairs for them to sit down. Harry sat, his hands clasped between his knees. When he looked up he saw two expectant faces and Ron’s totally bewildered one. “Ginny told me about what we have to do after the wedding.”

Arthur nodded. “I thought she might. I had intended on talking to you sometime this week in any case.”

“What-” Ron began but then stopped and understanding crossed his face and he turned red. “I do not want to hear about my sister’s sex life.”

“Shut up, Ron,” Bill said. “You’ll need to know this for when you get married.”

Harry ran a distracted hand through his hair. “I didn’t realize we’d have to be together so soon! I thought we’d wait until she was stronger, until she and the baby are past the danger point.” Misery filled him as his thoughts raced. “I know it’s supposed to hurt for girls the first time and she’s so sick right now and I don’t know what the hell I’m doing! I don’t know how to do this and not hurt her.”

Arthur’s face was a mixture of relief and compassion. “The first step is going to be for you and Ginny to have a talk with Martha about what would be safest. She will have an idea and she knows this is coming.” He reached out a hand and grasped Harry’s shoulder. “The fact that you’re worried means you’re going to be okay. Do you know the mechanics of everything?”

Harry nodded, feeling warmth flood his face. “One of our dorm mates gave us a blow by blow of his cousin’s exploits but it definitely involved things that I’m not going to do with my fragile pregnant wife.”

Ron looked like he was going to choke. He held it together, though. “I am pretty sure that most of what his cousin told him was a load of dragon dung. I, uh, ran some of it by Fred and George who thought the whole thing was really funny.”

Arthur nodded and looked to his oldest son. “You’re the most recently married, Bill. What are your tips for that first night?”

Bill’s scarred face twisted as he thought. “We took everything really slowly. It wasn’t easy. We’d just been interrogated by the death eaters and everyone from the wedding had run, but the rules are to consummate within the first 24 hours. Fleur was a mess. She was really upset and crying most of that night, so we waited until the morning. We talked through it, I made sure that she was very ready and I held back as much as I could. It…” Bill’s adam’s apple bobbed as if he was swallowing something hard. “It was pretty intense the first time. I felt amazing but I could tell she was hurting so it made the experience very disconcerting. Dad and I had talked about it a few years before and it always stuck in my head that he told me to go really slowly.”

Arthur nodded. “It gets easier; after that first time you don’t have to be quite as careful. I’m sure Martha is going to tell you to abstain after the first time, though.”

“I figured as much.” Harry felt himself relaxing a bit. He could do this. “There isn’t any way to make it easier the first time?”

Arthur hesitated for only a split second. “There is… there is a cream. Unfortunately it is not for use by pregnant women.”

“Fleur didn’t want to use it,” Bill told them. “She said she wanted the experience for what it was. I’m sure she’ll be the same when we eventually have children. She’ll want to experience labor even though it hurts.”

Harry had a flash of Ginny in a lot of pain just like he’d seen on television, as she gave birth and his face paled. “Is there a way to make labor not hurt?”

Arthur smiled sympathetically. “Yes, but I doubt Ginny will want to use it either. She doesn’t run from pain. Molly wouldn’t use any form of pain relief, no matter how much I begged. It was awful listening to her scream and cry but she felt good about it and I was really proud of her each time.”

Ron asked another question but Harry was only half listening. He was picturing Ginny with a huge belly, trying to push out their baby. He could see her screaming in pain and his stomach clenched.

“You know, I sort of thought I’d be the first one to have kids,” Bill said, leaning back in his chair. “I never thought it would be my baby sister.”

“It wouldn’t be if someone hadn’t done this to us,” Harry said, coming back to the conversation. “In the normal course of things I expect we’d have waited a few years. Ginny’s wanted to try out for the Harpies and play Quidditch professionally for years.”

“That’s not going to happen now,” Ron said bitterly. “I’d have loved having a professional Quidditch player in the family and she was the best of us hands down. So you really wanted to marry my sister even before all of this? You never said anything.”

Harry shrugged, the seat creaking under him as he shifted. “What was I going to say, Ron? I had a dangerous psychopath after me and I had to kill him. I didn’t expect to live or to get married. But…” he ran his hand through his hair again, “but when I thought about Ginny I have thought about having years with her, having forever.”

Bill grinned. “Well you’re getting forever and a tiny little bundle too.”

Harry couldn’t help but smile. “The more it sinks in, the more I really like the idea. It’s like it was always meant to be this way, just maybe a little sooner than I’d have imagined.”

“I think you’ll like being married,” Bill reminisced. “I can’t explain it, but having your soul bound to an amazing woman just makes you feel…” he look at his father.

“Like part of your heart is walking around outside of your body,” Arthur said smiling. “And you miss it like you’d miss a limb, but when you’re together it’s as if everything is more complete than when it was just you.”

Bill nodded. “Yes, exactly.”

Ron looked skeptical. “You actually want to feel like that?”

“The reward is worth it, Ron,” his dad promised before his face went serious again. “I need to commend you for how you’ve handled this…” Arthur added. “Harry… I know Molly has said something to you but I’m glad it’s you. I’m glad Ginny is going to marry you and not someone else who might not love her, or treat her like she deserves.”

Harry met his eyes and knew it needed to be said. “If it wasn’t for me she might not have ended up pregnant. Things tend to go wrong around me.”

“But that’s not your fault,” Mr. Weasley insisted. “You can’t control what other people do and you can’t keep us from being affected by it. What you can control is how you react to the situation and son, I am so proud of you. You’re shouldering this responsibility. You’re making the best of it, and you’re doing everything you can to make sure that Ginny is happy and healthy. I couldn’t have asked for anything more from you. Again and again you have exceeded my wildest expectations.”

Harry was too choked up to speak. He looked to Ron and Bill, but neither of them said anything to break the silence.

Arthur went on. “I am confident in saying that if your parents could see you now that they would be so pleased with the man you’ve become. What’s more you’re asking for help when you need it, which is extremely important. None of us can move through life on our own. Look at what happened to V-Voldemort.” He stuttered a bit at the name but plowed on. “You’ve told us that he was always a loner. Look at how twisted he became. You came to me to ask me about how to keep my little girl safe even though I’m sure this is not a conversation you ever wanted to have.”

Bill cleared his throat. “Ginny has been my favorite since she was a newborn- sorry Ron.” Ron shrugged and grinned at his brother, clearly this wasn’t a secret. “I used to carry her around showing her things and I’d sit holding her while she slept. She was the cutest little thing especially when she began to babble and toddle. She was so tiny! I went to Hogwarts right after she turned one and it was hardest leaving her.” He laughed at the memory. “I made Charlie promise to keep her safe from the twins. I never thought I’d say this, but… you’re good enough for her.” His face broke into a roguish grin. “Just barely, though.”

Harry chuckled. He was really touched. “Thanks. I’m going to do my best.”

He heard a pop and turned to see Fleur walking towards them. Bill got up to sweep his wife into a grand kiss. “I have missed you today.”

“I ‘ave missed you too,” she replied, wrapping her arms around his neck. After a moment she broke away and said. “I’m going to ‘elp your mother get dinner ready so zat you can continue talking.”

Bill gave her a kiss on the cheek. “No, we’re done I think.”

Arthur nodded and they all rose. He vanished the chairs and they headed back into the kitchen in time to hear Fleur ask, “ees there anything else I can ‘elp with for the wedding?”

“Hermione has most of it planned out,” Mrs. Weasley told her as she waved her wand at a pot. “That girl is so organized! We should have let her handle all the details for your wedding.”

Fleur laughed. “Eet might ‘ave been less stressful zat way. I ‘ave made arrangements to ‘ave the ceremony at our ‘ouse if Ginny is feeling up to eet.”

“Thanks, Fleur,” Harry said sincerely. “This is a huge thing to ask but I just want Ginny to get what she wants if she can.”

“Eet ees no trouble,” she assured him, patting his cheek. “I want to go up and check on ‘er. I ‘ave been so worried since we found out. Come, ‘Arry.” She walked out and Harry followed, unsure of what she was up to.

They stopped in the door and to his utter astonishment he saw tears pool in Fleur’s eyes. She silently made her way to the bed and gently brushed Ginny’s hair from her face. Ginny didn’t even stir. “She ees so pale, so thin,” she whispered. “She does not look like ‘erself. She ees normally so, ‘ow do you say eet… vibrant.” She looked up at Harry and he saw sadness and anger. “Wizards ‘ave been impregnating Veela for many years to trap them into marriage. Many ‘ave died because of eet.”

Harry’s eyes closed in horror. Why would anyone do this to an unwilling woman? His imagination filled with the images of all of the women who had died because men lusted after them. They had a better chance of Ginny surviving because they discovered early that she’d been impregnated and he needed to keep saying that to himself. He couldn’t lose her, not now. He felt arms go around him and he stiffened for a moment until he realized that Fleur must have stood to hug him. He hugged her back and she quickly let go. When he looked into her beautiful face he saw only compassion. “I don’t want to lose her or the baby,” he told her.

She studied him closely. “I know. I can see zat. We are all ‘oping zat they both live. She ‘as better care than many Veela do, so I think zat eet can be okay. You go back down. I will sit with ‘er for a bit.”

Harry nodded and met Luna on the stairs. “Hello, Harry. I’ve got my things.” She held up a bright green bag. “I’m just going to run them up before supper. Mrs. Weasley says it should be ready in a few minutes.”

“Thanks Luna,” Harry told her as he made his way down stairs. He found Hermione and Ron working side by side at the stove and Mrs. Weasley setting out plates. “Fleur is going to sit with Ginny for a bit.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded and put down the last plate. “We are just about ready. I think we’ll let Ginny sleep a bit longer and then you can wake her to make sure she eats.”

Harry nodded and made his way over to help.

~*~

Saturday May 30th, 1998

Ginny only fleetingly remembered eating supper. When she awoke next it was to find Martha sitting next to her with Harry as the sun streamed in dancing waves through her window.

“Well, good morning,” the midwife said smiling as she ran her wand over Ginny and down her torso. “I was hoping you’d wake up.” She consulted her wand, reading something that Ginny couldn’t see. “You’ve lost another 2lbs from yesterday.”

Ginny groaned. “I swear I’ve been eating!”

Martha put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “I believe you, but I’m going to need you to eat more often. If you start getting sick we’re going to be in trouble. You need a few more pounds on you since you were so small to begin with. Although it could also be that you’re losing muscle mass. I hear that you are an excellent Quidditch player.”

“Yes,” Ginny replied. She waited a beat. “How is the baby?”

“The baby looks great, a teensy bit bigger than yesterday which is what I want to see.” Her expression turned stern. “I don’t want to see you suffer, though.”

“I’ll eat more,” Ginny promised.

“Good,” Martha smiled. “Harry was asking me about the wedding night so it’s good you’re awake for the answer.”

Ginny glanced down to Harry who was looking decidedly embarrassed. “All right.”

“I was about to tell Harry that I don’t want you two to be intimate except for this first time and I would suggest waiting until you’ve had a good night’s rest to recover from the ceremony. There is a very real risk of inducing a miscarriage.” Her expression was grave and Ginny felt fear and dread wash through her. “However, that’s usually after repeated intercourse or if the mother has done too much. If I truly thought that once was going to cause a miscarriage I would be going to the Ministry to get an exemption and arrange for a muggle wedding ceremony which does not carry the same need to have sex within the first 24 hours.”

Slightly reassured, Ginny unclenched the fists she hadn’t noticed she’d clenched. “So…” she faltered. “I don’t even know what to ask.”

“That’s all right,” Martha said patting her hand. “This is an awkward situation that you didn’t put yourself in to. I myself have never had this particular circumstance crop up and I doubt I ever will again. When you are together, you need to be as relaxed as you can, Ginny. I don’t want this to be about wild passion, just a gentle coming together. Pick whatever position feels the best to you.” She looked over at Harry. “You need to check in with Ginny repeatedly to make sure that after the initial pain that nothing else is hurting or feeling wrong. If it does hurt stop, help her take a warm bath to relax, then try again.”

Harry nodded, looking a little better. “We can do that.”

“Good,” Martha said. “I’m glad to see you’re resting, Ginny, but I’m also concerned that you’re still sleeping so much. If you’re not awake most of the day towards the end of next week then I don’t think a beach wedding is going to be in your best interest.”

Ginny tried not to look disappointed, but it was difficult. “I understand,” and she really did.

“We have different plans in place depending on how Ginny is doing on Friday,” Harry told her.

“Excellent,” Martha said as she stood. “Ginny, keep resting and I will be back to see you tomorrow.”

Ginny watched her go before turning back to Harry who looked decidedly uncomfortable. “What?”

He shifted and hunched his shoulders. “I asked your dad for the talk last night.”

Ginny couldn’t help it. She broke out into a fit of giggles that left her eyes welling up with mirth. “I would give anything to have seen that! What did he say?”

Harry scowled for all of two second before giving in to her a sheepish grin. “Be gentle and go slow, same as Martha said. Ron was mortified; I was too. Bill told me some about his and Fleur’s experience so it helped to know I’m not alone in worrying over it.”

Luna came through the door with a tray. “Morning, Ginny. I have your breakfast and Harry, Hermione says she is ready to head to Diagon Alley.”

“Right,” Harry said. He bent to kiss her cheek. “I’ll be back in a couple of hours. Bill said he would have the contract for the house ready by 11am so I’m going to sign that so we can get started.”

“Oh, great,” Ginny said, surprised at how fast things were moving. “I’ll see you later, then.”

Harry grinned and waved as he walked out.

“Time to eat up,” Luna said happily, putting the tray down next to Ginny.

Ginny goggled at all of the food. “I can’t possibly eat all of this!” There were eggs, bacon, toast, kippers and fresh fruit. But she did. She managed to eat every bite by the time her timer went off and after drinking her potion, she fell straight back to sleep.

She awoke next to find her room empty and quiet. Ginny blinked away the sleep and looked around, taking in her posters and all of her school girls things like pictures of friends, Quidditch gloves and chocolate frog cards. This wasn’t her life anymore. Now her life revolved around taking potions, staying in bed, planning a wedding and trying to take in what it meant to have a baby. She gazed contemplatively at her poster of Gwenog Jones from the Holey Head Harpies and felt a twinge for what could never be. Then it was gone. There was no sense in dwelling in the past when there was a brilliant future ahead of her.

However, she really needed to use the loo. Ginny tentatively pushed herself up and while the room didn’t spin in circles, neither did it feel totally stable. She lay back down and called out, “Mum?”

Her mother was there shortly, taking care of her needs and helping her sit up a bit to eat another meal. Ginny watched her mother straighten her sheets and knew that none of this could be easy on her. “I love you, Mum.”

Her mother turned and put her hand on her cheek. “I love you too, darling. I think you’re starting to figure out just how much.” Molly’s eyes were over-bright as she continued. “I have never known you to be so compliant but when faced with your baby’s safety you’re doing exactly what a good mother should do.”

“I have the best Mum in the world,” Ginny said smiling. “I’m just doing what she always did and putting my child first.”

Her mother bent over to hug her gently and Ginny held on, soaking in the love that radiated off of her mother. “All right,” her mum said, sitting back up. “You eat. I expect Harry and Hermione to be back any minute now.”

Molly walked out while Ginny ate. When the timer went off, Ginny managed to reach up and grab a vial for herself. Feeling quite pleased she drank it just as Harry walked in. “Hey,” he said, coming over and kissing her. “You’re awake and reaching for things.”

“It’s a big improvement and I’m going to keep taking it easy so that I keep improving,” Ginny said. “Did you get everything done that you needed to?”

“Hermione went into the jewelry store with me under the cloak. She asked to meet the owner in the back room, and I took the invisibility cloak off after he closed the door.” Harry sat on the side of the bed and twined his fingers with her. “He said he’d keep quiet about us having been there since I told him I was likely to be a repeat customer.”

Ginny was amused. “I don’t really wear jewelry. Who are you going to be buying for?”

Harry ignored that. “How much jewelry do you own?”

She gently bit her bottom lip and then grinned when she realized he was staring intently at her lips. “None.”

“I suppose we ought to change that, then,” Harry mused. He got down on one knee and Ginny noted that she still had to look up at him. When had he gotten so tall? And why had she stayed so short? She looked down at his hands and saw he’d pulled a small box out. “Ginny, will you marry me?”

“You don’t look nearly nervous enough for this to be a proposal,” she teased but relented immediately. “Harry, I love you with all of my heart. Yes, I will marry you.”

He opened the box and she gasped at the beautiful solitaire which was even lovelier than the one she’d picked from the magazine. He took her left hand and slid it on her ring finger. Instantly the band shrunk to fit her finger. “Automatic adjustment charms,” Harry explained. “Perfect for pregnant fingers that might swell.”

“It’s stunning,” she breathed out, choosing to ignore the swelling comment. “I love it, thank you.” She reached out, framed his face and brought him in for a kiss. “I love you.”

“I’m never going to get tired of hearing you say that,” he told her quietly.

“Good,” she said boldly, bringing him in for another kiss.

After a moment he pulled back, breathing heavily. “Uhm, Bill got the rental agreement. He and I are going over there in a bit with your dad and Hermione and one of the Aurors who specializes in protective charms. We’re hoping that if we push through we can get the place fully protected by Tuesday.”

“Wow, that fast?” Ginny said surprised. “I thought it would take longer.”

“It would normally, but the minister is helping us get this done. The Burrow is secure, but moving you to an even more secure location is our top priority. Too many people know the general area of where the Burrow is, so moving to some place that no one knows about gives us an edge.”

Ginny studied his face; saw the bags under his eyes and the worry lines around his mouth. He was too young to look so care worn. “Oh Harry,” she whispered, taking his hand in hers. “No idea yet who did this?”

Harry looked like he regretted saying anything but after a moment shook his head. “No. The Auror on duty guarding us that night is highly respected and has been a longtime friend of Kingsley’s who has saved his life more than once. He said only Healers that he knew personally went in to our rooms and he verified their identities each time before he permitted them entrance. They’re all being questioned right now although they don’t know exactly why they’re being questioned.” He cupped her cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb. “I don’t want you to worry about any of this.”

She knew why he was saying it and loved him all the more for it. “I’m not going to worry about it. I trust you to protect us. My job is to take care of myself and our baby.”

Harry studied her carefully. “Really?”

Ginny nodded. “You killed Voldemort for us! Whoever this is isn’t that bad. But I can’t worry about those things. Martha was really clear that I need to stay calm. I’m as sick as I am now because I got so upset for twenty minutes! So far things have been quiet here and I have faith that you’ll make sure our new home is totally secure. That leaves me to focus on growing the baby.” She smiled sadly. “I wish that I could make it easier on you. I don’t like that you’re so stressed about all of this.”
Reviews 351
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear