Search:

SIYE Time:18:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bound
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Rape, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 351
Summary: The battle is over, there is life to be lived, peace to be enjoyed and trouble following close at their heels.

Ginny hasn't seen Harry since the dust settled from the battles with Voldemort, but when an unexpected piece of news draws them together will they be driven apart or become bound?

Follows Canon to the best of my knowledge.

The warnings are just to be safe. I don't know that they're all needed, but I'm putting them up just to cover my bases. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me.
Hitcount: Story Total: 138861; Chapter Total: 7634
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thanks to Arnel for beta'ing! To James for your moral support.

Readers, I got struck down with nearly a week's worth of migraines and on top of that, while I love this chapter, I also really dread this chapter. I've tried to be as open as I can about how this story is going to go, you've been warned. I wrote this story so that it could fit seamlessly into the epilogue of Deathly Hallows. I didn't feel like looking at my computer screen, and I also really wasn't ready for what my come my way. No, this isn't the really awful chapter. That's coming up, and I will warn you including trigger warning etc. But this confirms how everything ends. Why am I telling you? Cause I wouldn't want to be blindsided.

So anyway, I'm going to duck and cover and hide my poor recovering head.

On more cheerful news my original story is nearly done. I'm so, so close and I'm really excited for how it has turned out. It's helping me get through the pit in my stomach at what everyone is going to say over this story.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Tuesday July 7th

“Do you ever get tired of taking care of me?” Ginny asked him as he got changed from the day. The last rays of the afternoon light were fading from their room and she was propped up in their bed with what seemed like two dozen pillows.

“What?” Harry said blankly, turning to look at her. “Why would I get tired of it?”

She pulled her hair back from her face, working to tie it into a ponytail. “Because you look tired.”

She looked tired too, although thankfully without the gauntness that had plagued her for weeks. He got out a hanger for his robes and said carefully, “It was just a long day. Work makes me tired, not you.”

“I’m work,” he heard her say in a small voice.

He spun and had to reign in his temper when he saw the pain in her eyes. “No, you’re not.”

“This isn’t what it’s supposed to look like when you’re seventeen years old,” Ginny told him. “You’re supposed to be hanging out with your mates in a pub while getting chatted up by a dozen girls.”

Harry chuckled at the image, but quickly cut it off when he saw the glint in her eyes. “Can you honestly see me doing that?”

She let her head fall to the side, resting against one of the myriad pillows. “I guess not. But you could have.”

He went and sat on her left, hip to hip, facing her. “If I said to you, ‘Ginny, I want to go have a pint with Ron and Neville down at the pub’ you would say what?”

She sighed and scowled at him. “You’re not funny.”

Harry stifled a grin knowing that she had no idea just how hilarious this conversation was turning out to be; her sense of humor seemed to be on holiday without her. “What would you say?”

Ginny blew out a breath. “I’d tell you to have fun and I’ll see you later.”

Harry smiled, knowing that was exactly what she’d say. “So what’s the problem?” he asked.

“You can’t go chat up all those girls,” she reminded him, clearly peeved as she poked him in the chest. “You. Should. Be. Able. To. Do. That!” she said firmly, enunciating every word forcefully.

Not too long ago Arthur had tracked Harry down at work and they’d gone to lunch. At that lunch his father-in-law had told him a story from when Molly was pregnant with Bill. It had started out with her burning their dinner, then progressed to her losing her wand in the chicken coop, and rounded out with her cutting a large hole in one of his shirts when she was trying to mend it. The whole thing had been very funny to Arthur, and he’d made the mistake of laughing. ‘Every single time she was pregnant she’d have these completely irrational mood swings that seemed to make absolute sense to her. When Ginny does that, don’t laugh. I promise you, she won’t share in the joke.’

With that in mind, Harry got back to the problem at hand and with what he hoped sounded like heartfelt sincerity and total rationality, said, “I don’t want to chat up other girls. I never liked chatting up girls.”

“But maybe you’d have learned to like it,” she shot back, getting more annoyed. “You could have turned into a world class flirt or something.”

Of all the things Harry had ever imagined for himself, that was definitely not one of them. “How about I just try to flirt with you?”

Her lower lip quivered ominously. “I don’t do anything for you.”

And just like that it wasn’t funny. He cupped her chin and guided her into his arms. “That’s not true.”

“Name one thing!” Ginny challenged even as her arms snuck around him.

“You love me,” he said simply into her hair.

“Lots of people love you,” she said with a hitch.

He shook his head. “None of them love me like you do. None of them know me like you do. I’m not Harry Potter to you, Gin. I’m just Harry, husband, foot warmer and I’m only the hero when I bring home ice cream.”

“Why did you get me ice cream?” Ginny sniffed. “You’d been at work all day and I was so selfish asking you to get it.”

“I got it because I love you, and it was down in the contract that I have to get ice cream for my pregnant wife,” he told her patiently. “You must not have read the fine print. I’m obligated by law.”

She pulled back and her eyes looked even more shattered. “But what do I do for you? You do everything for me.”

Harry didn’t know what else to say. It didn’t seem like anything was getting through to her. “You loving me is more than enough.”

Ginny traced around his eyes. “Not when you look so worn down. I can’t help you in any way.”

“You help me by just being here,” he promised honestly. “That’s enough.”

“But there are a lot of things on your mind and I can’t help you with any of them,” she said, biting her lip. “I’m just a leech.”

“No!” Harry said firmly. “You and I have two different roles in this,” he reminded her, laying his left hand on her gently rounded stomach. “You take care of the baby, I take care of you. That’s the way it has to be.”

Ginny let out a bone deep sigh. “Who’s taking care of you?”

“You are,” he said instantly.

“I’m not,” she said and he could hear the hurt pulsing from each word. “You can’t talk to me about anything important.”

“Okay,” Harry agreed hesitantly. “We have the family, you know? I have Ron and Hermione to talk to if I need to.”

She nodded and flopped back against the pillows as she turned away. “It’s you three against the world again, and I’m still an outsider.”

He looked at her and his heart wanted to break at the pain in her voice. Harry knew he had to make her feel better, knew that her being this upset was going to be bad for the baby, but he didn’t know how to fix this. He looked down at his left hand, which was still on her small belly and his wedding band glinted as his hand shifted slightly. Then an idea struck and he knew what to say. “No, you have that wrong,” he said, drawing a gentle line along her stomach so she’d know he was including the baby in this. “It’s us three against the world. Ron and Hermione are their own unit now. We’re a family, Gin; you, me and the baby. Whatever I want to tell you can wait because your health and the baby’s health is the most important thing to me.”

Ginny turned back to him and unshed tears swam in her eyes. “You have so much on you.”

“You have so much on you,” Harry retorted. “You feel lousy, you can’t eat much or you get sick, you can’t let anything upset you and you can’t even walk down the stairs. That can’t feel good.”

She studied him, her brown eyes probing him. “I want to do something for you.”

“Tell me you love me and don’t ever treat me like the Chosen One,” Harry said simply. “You’re really the first person who has ever said that they love me; at least that I can remember.”

Her lip trembled again but she held it in. “I love you. I love your eyes, and your amazing heart, and the fact that you love me. I love that you love Teddy, and you love our baby and I melt every time you kiss my belly. I love you for letting me be silly, and spoiling me without making a big deal out of it and I love when you laugh. I love your strength and your courage and your integrity. I love kissing you and when you hold me. I love you for not running when things get really difficult and scary.” Ginny licked her dry lips. “I love you for a thousand other reasons, but those are the big ones.”

Harry didn’t trust himself to speak. Whatever he was feeling, whatever worries he had seemed trivial and useless in the face of her words because together he could get through anything. He gathered her in and held on while he tried to compose himself and slow his pounding heart. Finally he said, “That’s more than enough. I don’t need anything else.”

“I’m sorry,” she whispered into his shoulder.

“What for?” He asked, confused as he stroked a hand down her back.

“For being stupid and weepy and such a girl,” Ginny sighed.

“And yet you wanted me to have a dozen girls not five minutes ago,” Harry said dryly, laying his lips on her cheek. “I only want you.”

She started to giggle and before long she was laughing so hard that tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Harry was hard pressed not to laugh with her. She had such an infectious laugh. “What’s so funny?”

“You… you and twelve girls…” Ginny swiped at her eyes as the giggles continued to roll from her. “Oh Merlin, you’d probably turn your wand on yourself.”

Sadly, he thought that was not far from the mark. “Are you okay, now?”

“Yeah,” she said hiccupping. She leaned up and kissed him. “Thanks for being you.”

“You’re welcome… I think,” Harry grinned against her lips, trying not to get whiplash from the mood swing. “Thanks for being you. You make me happy.”

“I’m trying to,” Ginny promised. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me, or why I said those things.” She sat back and took his hand, tracing a line on his palm with her finger. Her brown eyes flicked up to his.

Harry thought about all the ways he could answer that, and decided that in this case he could go with the truth. “You’re pregnant. Your brain has been hijacked.”

“My brain has been hijacked?” Her red eyebrow raised in response to his proclamation.

“That’s what your dad said, anyway,” he told her a little cautiously.

She nodded thoughtfully. “I suppose he would know. I can’t believe Mum did this six times.”

Harry opened his mouth to say that he couldn’t believe her dad had survived all six times, but on reflection thought better of it. Thankfully, he was saved by voices from downstairs. “Ron and Hermione must be here. Come on,” he said, standing up and coming around to the other side of the bed to get her. “Let’s go hear how it went with her parents.”

They made it downstairs to find both Ron and Hermione sprawled on the couch. Ron gave a halfhearted wave while Hermione just lay there with her eyes closed and her hair practically standing on end. Harry set Ginny in one of the arm chairs and went back up for the pole.

Ginny looked at them with concern. “Are you two alright?”

“Exhausted,” Ron muttered. “Starving.”

“Dinner will be in ten minutes,” Kreacher called from the kitchen.

Ron moaned with longing. “Can we have a house-elf, Hermione? Please?”

Hermione didn’t even open her eyes as she kicked her leg sideways and made contact with Ron’s shin. “You can have me or a house-elf, Ron.”

Ron sighed grumpily. “Alright, alright.”

“How are your parents?” Ginny asked them, as Harry sat on the arm of her chair, wanting to stay close to her.

Hermione opened her eyes and frowned. “Why were you crying?”

“My brain has been hijacked,” Ginny told her.

“Oh,” Hermione nodded in understanding.

“Excuse me?” Ron said, opening his eyes. “What the ruddy hell does that mean?”

Harry felt his lips twitch. He twined his fingers with Ginny’s before answering. “The baby.”

Ron frowned, but shrugged. “Right, well, we got down to Australia and after checking it with the Australian Wizarding Ministry, we went to her parents’ house.”

“They had a guide to take us,” Hermione said, picking up the story. “It was nearly eight in the morning by the time we got to their house on the outskirts of Sydney. They opened the door and…” her voice trailed off.

“They didn’t know who we were, of course,” Ron said. “We managed to talk our way into the house and Hermione pulled out her wand and removed the enchantments. They remembered everything of their last year, but also all the things that Hermione had erased from their memories.”

Ron sat up and winced, leaning to one side. “They were pretty hacked off at first. The yelling lasted a good hour until they calmed down enough for Hermione and me to tell them the story.”

“After we finished telling them what happened, and why I sent them out of the country, they realized that I’d done the right thing.” Hermione looked like she’d like nothing better than to never move from the couch. “They were still annoyed with me, but they were also really, really glad that we’d all made it.”

“We told them we were there all weekend to help them move back if that’s what they wanted,” Ron explained. “They said they were going to move back but that they’d been working for another dentist so they were going to have to give notice.”

Hermione kicked off her shoes and rubbed her feet into the rug, stretching out her toes. “We loaded so many boxes. Every muscle in my body hurts.”

“I’m never moving into a Muggle neighborhood. Moving without magic is torture,” Ron added. “Make a note of that, Hermione.”

“I’m quite sure neither of us is going to forget it,” Hermione said with a yawn. “It was so much easier moving you two in here.”

“So is that all?” Harry asked, amazed that it had gone that well.

They both gave each other a dark look. “Not exactly,” Hermione said slowly. “They asked about you, of course. They wanted to know where you were since the three of us were so often together.”

“I shouldn’t have told them,” Ron grumbled. “I told them that you two had gotten married and that Ginny was having a baby, so she couldn’t travel.”

Hermione raised her eyes to the heavens as her face flushed a brilliant scarlet. “That resulted in full minute of silence, and then the shouting started again.”

“They could tell we are a couple,” Ron explained running both hands through his hair, making it stand on end. “It was…”

“Bloody awful,” Hermione lamented. It must have been ten times worse than that to cause her to swear. “It was just dreadful.”

Ron took her hand and gave it a squeeze. “I made it worse by telling them that you two had to get married because of the baby. I was trying to explain why we weren’t going to do anything.”

“But it backfired spectacularly,” Hermione told them. “The shouting continued till well after lunch and we’d been up for so long by that point because of the time difference-”

“-that we told them the full story,” Ron said finishing for her. “We weren’t going to, but it seemed like the best way to get them to stop shouting.”

Hermione shook her head. “That didn’t work either. Suddenly they were convinced that we shouldn’t go back to England.”

Ron put his arms above his head and stretched. “We did manage to talk them around, and assure them that the weird things only happen to you, and not us,” he told Harry.

“They’ll be back in England on Friday,” Hermione told them. “The Ministry is going to handle moving all their stuff back to England for them, thank God. We’re going to help them move back in to their house, though.”

“You’re helping,” Ron told him. “So is anyone else I can get.”

“Sure,” Harry promised, running a hand along Ginny’s arm. He saw her nod.

“Dinner,” Kreacher said from the kitchen.

~*~

Ginny rolled on to her side and watched Harry exit the bathroom later that evening. She was amazed to still be awake since she rarely was at night. When he came out she smiled at his handsome face and thanked whatever lucky star she had that he was hers.

“You’re still awake,” he said in surprise as he got the lights. “I expected you to be asleep.”

Harry climbed into their bed and rolled over to spoon up behind her. He kissed her neck behind her ear and let out a contented sigh.

“I really am sorry that I was so stupid earlier.”

“Forget it Gin,” Harry told her. “I say stupid things too and you never make a big deal about it.”

She nodded and snuggled as far back into his arms as she could get and fell almost immediately to sleep.

~*~

Saturday July 11th

“Are you okay?” Ginny asked hesitantly as Harry walked into their bedroom and sprawled on the floor, his face pressed into the rug. “Harry? Did Mum leave?”

“I can’t move,” Harry told the floor. “Hermione got her love of books from her mum.”

Ginny got up and pulled the pole around to the foot of their bed so she could sit down next to him. “Are you going to be all right?”

“No,” he mumbled. “I’m never going to be able to budge from this spot.”

She ran her fingers along his back, trying to sooth. “Did you have help?”

“Oh yeah,” Harry said. “Bill, George and your dad all came and helped move everything back in. Your dad was over the moon to be in a Muggle house. However they elected Ron and me to haul all the book boxes and her mum has had many, many years to collect books.” He turned his head and looked at her. “I never want to move houses again.”

Ginny laughed. “I hope we won’t ever have to move. I like this house.”

“Me, too,” he said, yawning. “I’m so tired. I think I know how you’ve been feeling.”

“I feel really good right now,” she told him, trying to hold back her excitement. “I had a really good day.”

Unfortunately Harry looked like he was barely listening. “Good, good.”

“Harry?” Ginny asked, poking him in the shoulder. “If you fall asleep here you’re going to be really sorry tomorrow morning.”

“Mmm,” he mumbled.

She pushed a lock of hair away from his brow. “Harry, I can’t move you and I’m not going to try to levitate you into bed.”

“Yeah,” was all the response she got from him.

Scrunching up her nose, she tried another tactic. “Aren’t you going to kiss Hope goodnight?”

“Mkay,” he said and then froze. Finally Harry opened his amazing green eyes and looked up at her. “What did you say?”

“I said I had a really good day,” Ginny reiterated with a straight face.

He pushed himself up to sitting, staring intently into her eyes. “You said Hope?”

She nodded as happiness threatened to bubble out of her. “We’re having a girl.”

“We’re having a girl?” He repeated looking like a troll had hit him upside the head. “A girl?”

“Yes,” she whispered and gasped when he pulled her onto his lap, practically crushing her in a bear hug. Laughing she wound her arms around his neck. “I take it you’re not mad that I didn’t wait for you to be here to find out.”

Harry shook his head and kissed her. “I didn’t think we’d find out this soon!”

“Martha said she’s sure,” Ginny promised. “I’m eleven weeks along today.”

“Wow,” Harry breathed, still looking stunned. “I have a daughter.”

She nodded, overjoyed with his obvious pleasure. Harry stood with her in his arms, moving her onto the bed. He lay down beside her, kissing her deeply. He broke away a minute later to lean down to her belly. “Hope...”

Tears filled her eyes but didn’t fall. “I thought you were too tired to move.”

Harry moved back up to pull her into his arms and kissed her soundly. “Nothing hurts anymore.”
Reviews 351
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear