Search:

SIYE Time:0:18 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Birth of the Potter Children
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 59
Summary: Third in the Almost Happily Ever After series, starting at the end of the hunt for the remaining supporters of Tom Riddle and the end of Ginny's Quidditch career.
Hitcount: Story Total: 77532; Chapter Total: 2788





Author's Notes:
As always my thanks to my Beta FriendofMolly.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry and Ginny were eating dinner with Molly and Arthur at one of the better magical dining establishments in San Francisco, celebrating a successful trip, when Samantha Slughorn appeared.

“I just wanted to meet the witch who murdered poor Bellatrix Lestrange,” Samantha said.

Molly stood up and said, “YOU are Samantha Slughorn?”

Samantha got a big, superior looking smile on her face.

Molly grabbed Samantha’s wand and threw it at Ginny, who caught it. She grabbed one of Samantha’s wrists hard. Samantha said, “Stop, you are hurting me!”

“YOU WILL FEEL A LOT WORSE WHEN I GET DONE WITH YOU!” Molly yelled. “IT’S TIME FOR A LESSON ON WHAT HAPPENED IN GREAT BRITAIN.”

Molly told Harry, “Please tell Hermione who I have in my custody. Make sure the DMLE is aware of jury nullification, and let me teach this IDIOT a lesson.”

Turning to Arthur, Molly said, “I will see you back at the Burrow. Enjoy your airplane ride back.”

Molly marched out of the restaurant, Samantha being pulled along like she was a disobedient child.

“You cannot do this, Mrs. Weasley,” Samantha said.

Molly gave her fiercest angry mother snarl and said, “I CAN and I WILL.” Molly started through the closet network, and without pausing went all the way north until she could catch the European Floo network, and from there to England, all the while holding Samantha tightly by one arm or the other.

It was morning in England. Molly marched Samantha right up to Hermione’s office. Molly said to Hermione, “Show Samantha the scar you received from Bellatrix, please.”

Hermione pointed to a nasty scar on her neck. Then she pulled up a sleeve. There on her arm were carved, in ugly letters, MU and part of a D.

“Bellatrix was going to carve MUDBLOOD on my arm before she finished torturing and killing me,” Hermione said.

“Thank you, acting head of the DMLE, Hermione. I doubt if you, or Arthur, the head of the DMLE, and my husband, will have me arrested,” Molly said with a smile.

Hermione said, “Mum, you are kidnapping Samantha! You could be arrested for this!”

“YOU JUST TRY!” Molly yelled. Hermione shook her head. Molly took Samantha into the Atrium of the Ministry. She called Cindy and Henry Hudson, and when they came said, “I want you to document everything that Samantha sees and hears, so if she at ANY time denies it we can show she is a LYING PERVERTED BITCH.”

Molly then took Samantha over to St. Mungo’s. She went to the Pediatrics ward, went up to the charge healer, and said, “I want you to get out ALL of the photographs of the babies and children that Bellatrix tortured. Samantha has written widely that she doesn’t believe Bellatrix tortured anyone.”

The charge witch looked at Molly, shook her head, and said, “We cannot just show those photographs because you are upset.”

Molly had a grim look on her, and said, “Bellatrix tortured MY BABY and others, and this BITCH keeps writing lies about how good she was. BRING OUT THE PHOTOGRAPHS.”

Molly in full rage was not something to be trifled with, so the charge healer brought out a rather large pile of photographs.

Samantha closed her eyes.

Molly yelled, “OPEN YOUR EYES, YOU COWARD AND LIAR. OPEN THEM OR I WILL CHARM THEM OPEN.”

Samantha refused to open her eyes. Molly held Samantha by the hair and did a charm to force Samantha’s eyes open.

“LOOK AT MY SON!!” Molly yelled. Bellatrix had someone take a magical, moving photograph as she was delighting in torturing Molly’s infant son. The photograph was absolutely horrifying. Samantha threw up.

“TAKE A GOOD, HARD, LOOK!!” Molly yelled.

Samantha threw up again.

“HERE IS ANOTHER BABY!” Molly yelled. Samantha had a totally horrified look on her face.

“AND LOOK AT ANOTHER ONE!” Molly screamed as she showed Samantha a third.

“HERE IS A STORY FOR YOUR LITTLE PAPER,” Molly yelled.

“Crazy bitch,” Samantha said. “Like I care? Crazy Molly Weasley dragged me to England to show me disgusting photographs that no one should ever have to see.”

“It is the truth!” Molly yelled.

“Like I care what is true,” Samantha said. “Truth doesn’t sell magazines.”

“You don’t care what is true?” Molly asked, astonished.

“Not in the least,” Samantha said.

Cindy said, “Molly, most people know that what Samantha writes is a pack of lies. She gets away with it because of how she words things, and because she is in North America. If she was in France or Germany she would probably be arrested. She’d have to be a little more careful about how she said things in Great Britain, but she is going to be hard to shut up.”

“One more set of photographs,” Molly said. “Here are five photographs showing Bellatrix torturing a family. The baby is killed first, then the little girl, then her older brother, then the father. See the glee on Bellatrix’s face as she tortures one family member after another to death in front of the others.”

“They are all dead,” Samantha said. “So what?”

Molly pulled Samantha away from the Pediatrics ward, and took her up to the ward where some of Bellatrix’s victims were. “Here is the mother,” Molly said. The woman was crying, saying quietly, “No, please, don’t torture my babies. Please. Please.”

“Why don’t you write a nice little article about how nice Bellatrix was to this mother? YOU SAW THE PHOTOGRAPHS!” Molly said.

“Very touching,” said Samantha. “I would love to write about how Harry Potter and his rebels did this. That would sell papers!”

“That would be a LIE,” Molly yelled. She was getting more and more frustrated.

“So what? Who cares what truth is?” Samantha said. “Keep at this and you will go too far. You may have already. Once you are arrested I will have a story that will REALLY sell!”

Molly and Samantha, Cindy and Henry were in the waiting room outside the spell damage area of St. Mungo’s when Rita Skeeter appeared.

“Oh, this is just delicious,” Rita said. “Molly, my dear, would you like to tell the readers of my little magazine why you kidnapped a fellow reporter?”

“HAVE YOU SEEN THE LIES SHE WRITES?” Molly yelled.

“Snide is a delightfully IMAGINATIVE magazine,” Rita said. “Maybe not one you go to for FACTS, as dull as they can be, but it can be very fun to read.”

“It’s all LIES!” Molly yelled.

“Molly, you are so SO narrow,” Rita said.


Meanwhile Harry received a frantic call from Kingsley Shacklebolt. “Harry, we need your help,” Kingsley said.

Harry said. “What do you need me to do?”

“You need to call off Molly, Harry. What Samantha writes is vile and frequently untrue, but by American Magical libel laws, what few they have, she has not done anything exactly illegal. Kidnapping is illegal.”

“So, why ask me?” Harry asked.

“Everyone else is terrified of Molly,” Kingsley said. “None of the Aurors want to tackle her. No one wants to hurt her, and short of stunning her no one can think of how to approach her.”

“What about her children?” Harry said.

“The boys are all terrified of their mother, Harry. None of them wants to confront her.”

“So ask Hermione?” Harry asked.

“Hermione, who was on another line, said, “No way! I’ve been in her bad graces before. You are the only one she hasn’t yelled at.”

“Until now,” Harry said. “I will be over as soon as I can.”

Harry hung up the mobile and told Ginny and Arthur, who were with him at their apartment, “I have to go and tell Mum that she needs to let Samantha go.”

“You WILL survive being yelled at,” Ginny said with a snarky smile. “It’s time you became a FULL member of the Weasley clan.”

“Molly won’t stay angry at you for long,” Arthur said. “We wouldn’t have had all those children if Molly stayed angry for long.”

“It’s not so bad, then?” Harry asked.

“Oh, it’s BAD,” said Arthur. “Molly gets over it, though.”

“Will I?” asked Harry.

A laughing Ginny said, “She won’t keep you from fathering more grandchildren, if that’s your worry. It’s your turn to face Mum’s wrath.”

“No sympathy?” asked Harry.

“None!” said Ginny and Arthur together. “Your turn,” said Ginny.

Harry hurried through the closet and floo networks until he got to the Ministry. Hermione met him and said, “She’s at St. Mungo’s.”

Harry was met at St. Mungo’s by the witch in charge, who led him up to the room where everybody was.

“Harry Dear,” Molly said when she saw him. “Why are you here?”

“To bring Samantha back to San Francisco,” Harry said

“You can have her WHEN I AM THROUGH WITH THE LITTLE BITCH.”

“Mum, I need her right now.”

“Harry, I’ve never yelled at you. Don’t make me angry.”

“Mum, what you are doing is illegal. Samantha is mean, untruthful, and a lot of other things, but that does not give you the right kidnap her.”

“HARRY,” Molly yelled.

Harry grabbed Samantha’s hand, pulling it away from Molly.

“HARRY JAMES POTTER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Molly yelled.

Harry turned to Molly and said, “Ginny and Dad said I would not REALLY be a Weasley until I experienced your wrath turned on me. I guess it’s my turn. I am taking Samantha back to San Francisco.”

Molly opened her mouth to yell, but Harry’s words had her temporarily speechless.

Harry turned, pulled Samantha along, and left. Cindy and Henry were laughing until a furious Molly turned to face them. They got serious looks on their faces real fast. Rita’s poison pen was scribbling as fast as it could.


Samantha said, “Well, they had to send the heroic Harry Potter to rescue me from my unlawful, emotionally damaging, terrifying capture by that mad woman.”

“Libel laws and laws against publishing lies are not so lenient here,” Harry said. “I’d get back to North American before someone finds a way to arrest you here. Here is your wand. Leave!”

Samantha left.

Harry apparated over to the Ministry and met Hermione and Kingsley. “Samantha is on her way back to North America. I’m going back too. It’s very late at night San Francisco time.”

“How did it go?” asked Hermione.

“I don’t know,” Harry said. “I didn’t spend much time with Molly. She yelled, but I think I escaped the worst or her wrath. I guess I’m expecting my first Howler from Mum any time now, though.”

The Howler never came. A healer approached Molly before she left St. Mungo’s. Molly spent the night under the care of the healer, dealing with her wrath, and the grief she had brought back to the surface by seeing the photographs.

Cindy wrote a couple of articles on Molly showing Samantha the horrors wrought by Bellatrix, and Samantha’s reaction. Ginny helped with some of what went on in England before Molly got ahold of her.

Ginny did kid Harry about still not being a TRUE Weasley, because he had never REALLY experienced Molly’s wrath. Harry felt he had come close enough.


When Molly got home there was a message from Narcissa. They met for lunch the same day,

Narcissa asked, “Is Arthur home yet?”

Molly said, “He is probably in that stupid Muggle flying machine right now. I will feel a lot better when he is safe at home.”

“How is Ginny’s pregnancy coming along? I so envy you for all your grandchildren.”

“Ginny is healthy enough,” Molly said. “She comes from a long line of women who get busty, and a little heavy, when they become mothers and that has her a little upset. She is doing a great job mothering Teddy, and she will be a good mother.

“How are Draco and Astoria doing? I know that you are anxious for your first grandchild.”

Narcissa sighed. “They are civil with each other, but I don’t see any romance. They have separate beds, and I don’t think Astoria really wants to have a child. She has to in order to pass down the family name and properties, and I keep reminding her.

“I saw in the Prophet that you were in a little trouble. Is this “Snide” magazine really that bad?”

Molly started to pull copies out of her purse. “BAD! BAD! LOOK AT THESE LIES!” Molly shouted.

Narcissa started to read. “Oh my,” she said. “Do you want some of my memories? I was Bella’s sister, and what I saw her do was just horrifying!”

“I don’t know how I can get her to see them.” Molly admitted.

“Maybe her great uncle Horace Slughorn can help,” Narcissa said. “I will never tell you why, but Horace owes me.”

“I will see if I can get the use of a pensive,” Molly said.

Much of the rest of the meal, and the next few weeks, was spent collecting memories.
Reviews 59
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear