Search:

SIYE Time:4:40 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Oceans Apart
By Catwoman

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Sexual Situations, Rape, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 80
Summary: The war is over, Harry and Ginny are back together but does it mean end of problems for Harry and Ginny?
Hitcount: Story Total: 53047; Chapter Total: 2101







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Kent Nest,

Lo ndon.

 

The floo flared up with the arrival of Harry Potter in the living room. Harry looked around to see if anybody was there in the living room and then went to the kitchen, looking for Ted. He found Ted eating breakfast with Penny.

“Hey guys”, greeted Harry.

“Harry!”, said Ted.

“Harry!”, squealed  Penny while she ran over to Harry to hug him, “What bring you here? Not that I am complaining.”

“I just had something to talk to you guys and figured now is the best time to do that, before Gi- Jennifer comes here.”

“Oh of course, come on have a seat. Would you like to have some pancakes? I just made them, they are still warm”, asked Penny.

“No thanks.”, said Harry.

“So what do you want to talk about Harry?”, asked Ted.

“Where’s John?”, asked Harry.

“Oh he is still sleeping, he is down with the flu so he will probably be sleeping the whole day today,” said Penny, “I’ll just go check on him, see if he needs anything. You two carry on.”

“So what’s up?”, asked Ted.

“You know what, let’s just walk outside this house. I think it will be easier for me to just walk and talk about this stuff,” said Harry.

“Yaa sure,” said Ted.

They both walked outside and Harry started,

“I don’t know if you have heard but I have taken a leave of absence from work,”

“I know. Ron told me. I think it will be good for you. Merlin knows you deserve it. You hardly ever take day offs for yourself. And given everything that’s been revealed recently, you need it, to process all that’s happening,” said Ted.

Both Harry and Ted sat down on a bench in the garden.

“Yaa everyone keeps telling me that. For once I don’t mind actually. I would have asked Kingsley for vacation myself if he hadn’t ordered me to take one,”

“Really? Harry Potter, who they call the Mad-Eye Moody resurrected for the mad hours he keeps in his office, was going to ask Kingsley a vacation,” said Ted and laughed , “I’ll believe that when I actually see it for myself,”

Harry chuckled. He was used to all these jokes. It was true after all. He had a sofa in his office, because he spent more time sleeping in his office than in his own flat.

“Yeah, keep making your jokes. I don’t care if you believe it or not, I was gonna ask,”

“Like I said, I’ll believe it when I actually see it happen. For so long I have hoped it would happen. Some girl would come into your life, make you see her, make you want to actually live a life. But you hardly ever look at a nice girl. Some would think you are gay. But you don’t see men that way. So the only conclusion they would draw is that you are living a life of celibacy. I am surprised that Witch Weekly still names you Eligible Bachelor of the Year every year,”

“Yeah, I think they will continue to do that for the rest of my life I guess,”

“So I am guessing you don’t plan on settling down with anyone huh? You are going to remain celibate for the rest of your life,”

“Well that was the plan, until recently.”

“Until recently”, said Ted. He looked down at his feet for a while. He had a good idea why Harry had come to talk to him and suddenly he wasn’t sure how this was going to go, where this conversation would lead. Neither of them spoke for a while. Then Ted broke the silence and asked, “You never left to find a life. To find someone to spend the rest of your life.”

“I did find someone Ted,”

“I know. And you lost her. You believed that you would end up marrying her and that beautiful dream was snatched away from you. You know when I was young, I wished to be the famous Harry Potter. Even in America you were famous. Never thought I would see the day, when I wished I didn’t want to be you mate, no offence. I have a beautiful wife whom I love, we have a child together and we live in this beautiful house. I would say you envy me at least a little,”

Harry chuckled and said, “ Yaa I do actually. I envy what Ron and Hermione have. But after Ginny died, I knew I would never find anyone else with whom I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I made peace with my ‘celibacy’ a long time ago,”

Ted didn’t speak, he just waited for Harry to talk more about how he felt about this whole ordeal.

“For so long I believed she was dead. She is still a part of me. I have tried to put it all behind me, move past the day I found out she was gone but I can’t. And she will always be a part of me, I think. I know you all hope that I find someone to be with. You all think that I haven’t found anyone because I feel guilty about being with anyone else other than her. And it’s true. Partially anyway. The thing is..”, said Harry.

“What? Look buddy you can talk to me. I know Ron is your best friend. But it seems to me you want to get it out, whatever you want to say. So just say it. I am here for you mate,” said Ted. Never before had Harry open up to him about Ginny, he would be damned if he didn’t let Harry feel comfortable about open up to him.

Harry sighed and continued, “When I first got together with Ginny, it wasn’t just attraction between us. Sure, there was a lot of that. But from the very first day I realized that what I felt for her was much more than that. She was a breath of fresh air. I was sixteen. Most people my age didn’t even know what was love-,”

“But you were not most people”, completed Ted.

“Yeah. I fell more in love with her every day. The kind of love that consumes you, that pulses through your vein. Dumbledore said that was my power. And he was always right. I defeated Voldemort because of that power. The power to feel that love for someone. The months I spent with her after the war, were the best days of my life. We used to talk about kids you know. I was a month shy of eighteen, I had just defeated the most evil dark lord our world had ever seen. One would think that all I would want to do is rest and take it one day at a time. She was there for me when I needed her most. When I didn’t even know I needed help. If it wasn’t for her I would have destroyed myself because of the guilt I felt after the battle. And when I finally found peace, found a way to live, I decided that whatever I do after that point, one thing was sure. I was going to marry her. I was hers. Until the end of my days,”

“But what about the other women you dated?” asked Ted.

“Hermione, Mrs Weasley, Fleur they all insisted that I go out. I tried to listen to them. But I couldn’t find it in myself to love someone the way I love her. In the end I just occasionally needed someone to keep my mind of her for a few hours. It was difficult for me to get my act together after she was gone. I came back to work, but it took time to get my game together. I almost let the grief consume me. If it wasn’t for Teddy, I would have let the grief consume me completely. I changed for him. He needed me, Andromeda needed me to take care of him. And I am his godfather. His mother and father were gone, but he had me. I couldn’t have left him alone like I was left when my parents died. So I occasionally slept with other women to just, keep my mind off her. And it worked for a while. Then it just started feeling dirty and wrong somehow. I don’t know why,”

“You always thought that Ginny would be the only one. That’s why,” said Ted quietly.

“Yeah,” said Harry slowly.

“You must be wondering why all of a sudden, I am here talking to you and not Ron,” said Harry.

“Because I am the one who has been in contact with Ginny in the last ten years and I am the one who has been a brother to her all this time,”

Harry nodded and sighed.

“What do you want to know about her?”, asked Ted.

“How is she?”, asked Harry, not really wanting to know the answer.

“I told you she is fine and happy,” said Ted.

“No I mean how is she, has she changed a lot? “

“I don't know Harry, I didn’t know Ginny? “

“But you can guess. You and Penny have been talking to Ron and Hermione. Ron hasn’t shut up about Ginny since he found out. As a matter of fact all the Weasleys are behaving like that. How different is she from the girl she used to be? “

Ted didn’t know how to answer that question. He had avoided that topic because he didn’t want to crush Harry. But someone had to address the reality. He shook his head and put his head in his hands.

“Look Ted, something about your story isn’t adding up. So I need you to be honest with me. I know you are telling me the truth, but I also know you are still keeping something from me. So if our friendship means anything to you, forget about Jennifer for a moment. Just understand my position and answer my questions honestly, Ted. Please,” said Harry desperately.

Ted sighed and nodded.

“Professor McGonagall came to see me. She told me about Samar. She told me that he had come to see her, asking her records of Ginny Weasley. She came to ask me about this sudden interest in Ginny Weasley and I told her. But something doesn’t add up. If Samar asked her for Ginny’s school records specifically then that means, he knew who she was. He knew Jennifer was looking for her family. So why did she think, that her family was dead?”

“I have been wondering the same Harry,”

“The only reason I can see is, Samar told her that her family was dead because he wanted her to stay in America, he didn’t want her to come back,” said Harry quietly, all the while looking at some bush in the garden.

“No. He didn’t. He would never do that,” said Ted.

“How can you be so sure?” snapped Harry.

“The same reason you know Ron wouldn’t do something like that Harry. He was my brother and my best friend. We all know how important it is to Jennifer, to find out where she comes from, to find out about her family. As soon as we found about her family we told her about you all,” said Ted angrily.

“Yes you did. And I am grateful for that. But why did she think her family was dead, when clearly Samar knew that her family is very much alive. It’s the only possible explanation, Ted.”

“Stop it Harry!”

Ted and Harry both turned to see that Penny had joined them in the garden and clearly had heard them yell at each other. She angrily strode towards Harry and said,

“I don't care if you are my friend or not, but Samar was my brother. I would not have you come into our home and insult him,”

“I didn’t come here to insult him Penny. I respected him. We all did. But if he is responsible for keeping Ginny away from me in any way, then I need to know. I deserve that and you owe it to me to tell the truth,” answered Harry.

“Look I told you I have been wondering the same thing. I know it doesn’t add up, but I don’t know the answer to your question Harry. I know only one thing. Samar never would have lied to Jennifer about something like this. He would have told her the truth, “ said Ted.

Harry sighed and got up started pacing.

“The only person who would know anything about this is Mrs Hudson, “ said Ted quietly.

Harry turned around and asked, “Mrs Hudson? The old woman who lives near the Burrow? “

“Yes,” said Penny.

“How is she related to Ginny in all this? “

“She was the one who found Jennifer when she came to America. She was the one who funded for Jennifer’s education. Jennifer stayed with her the first time she came to America. She is like a mother to Jennifer, Harry,” said Penny.

Harry was surprised that Penny and Ted had waited so long to tell this to him.

“And she just happened to move to Ottery St Catchpole 4 years ago ? Just happened to be neighbours to Molly and Arthur Weasley then?” asked Harry stoically.

“Yeah, 4 years ago I didn’t think about it. Why would I? I didn’t know any of you then. And we knew Mrs Hudson was a Britain and she had always wanted to come back to England and open a shop here. So at that time I didn’t think much about why she would decide to move here,” said Ted.

“At that time?” asked Harry.

“At that time,” said Ted.

“So why do you think she came here then?” asked Harry.

“I don't know Harry. It’s best if we ask her,” said Ted. In truth, Ted suspected the reason, but didn’t have the courage to voice it. He didn’t want to believe it himself but more importantly he didn’t want to break Harry’s hope with something that might be the truth. Harry deserved the complete truth not speculation or suspicion. Even if Jennifer was behind it, there had to be a good reason for that. And Mrs Hudson knew that reason.

“Instead of just blindly assigning blame on someone, it’s best if we go over there now and get some answers Harry,” said Penny.

 

***

 

A young woman walked into the Ministry Of Magic lobby for the first time in ten years. She took the lift to the Minister’s Office and walked over to the assistant’s desk.

“Hi, I am here for my appointment with the Minister.“

“State your name please, Ma’m.”

“Jennifer Neveu.”

“Ah Miss Neveu, just step through that door, the Minister is waiting for you inside.”

“Thank You.”

 

***

 

Pe nny, Ted and Harry apparated to Ottery St Catchpole near Mrs Hudson’s house. Ted knocked on her door and moments later Mrs Hudson answered the door. She was barely able to keep the surprise off her face, when she saw Harry Potter with them.

“Ted! Penny! What a pleasant surprise. Come in,”

She ushered them in and offered them refreshments. The fact that Harry Potter was in her house wasn’t lost on Mrs Hudson. She had met him a few times, at the Burrow. If he was here, then it only meant one thing.

“So, what can I do for you?” asked Mrs Hudson.

“I am sure, you know about Jennifer. She is coming back to London. I am assuming Jennifer filled you in about her relationship with the Weasleys,” started Penny.

“Yes, I got a letter from her Penny,” replied Mrs Hudson surprised that they weren’t going to beat around the bush, “And you are wondering now, that if my coming back here four years ago was a coincidence or not ?”

“Well it’s clear it was not a coincidence. The question is why did you really come back? “ said Harry stonily.

“I came because Jennifer asked me. She told me to buy a place near her parents’ and she asked me to come here, and keep an eye on things. She asked me to inform her if anything untoward happens to anyone in her family,” said Mrs Hudson, without pause.

What Mrs Hudson said clearly surprised all three of them, because they weren’t expecting Mrs Hudson to be so forthcoming. They expected a little resistance.

“I take it you weren’t expecting that Mr Potter,” said Mrs Hudson taking in his shocked expression.

“Are you saying that Jennifer knew about her family this whole time?” asked Harry incredulously.

“No Mr Potter. She didn’t know where her family was the whole time. She found out about her family four years ago,”

“So that means, Samar did tell her about her family, right? “, asked Ted.

“Yes, Ted. Before his death, Samar called her and told her about what he found out. He even sent her a file containing every piece of information about her, about her family and friends. Everything,“

“So that means she knows everything about herself ? About who she is ?” asked Penny.

“No. She doesn’t. She gave me that file and told me to keep it and use it to find her family so that I can befriend her parents. She never read that file. She only knows that they are alive,”

“So what you mean to say is she made a choice to stay away from her family?” asked Harry ,”You expect me to believe that? “

“No I don’t. You are an Auror Mr Potter. You can’t just believe what people say. So if it will satisfy you I am ready to take Veritaserum and answer your questions under its influence,”

“Good, then. And you are right. It will make me feel better if you would answer my questions under the influence of the Veritaserum,” said Harry and then he fished out of his pocket a small vial containing the the truth serum.

“Harry this isn’t an interrogation. You can trust Mrs Hudson,” said Ted.

“No I don’t trust her. In the light of recent events neither should you. This woman just told you that she has been lying to you for four years and she has been keeping information about Ginny from all of us. I am going to use this serum and you can’t stop me, Ted.”

“So you came prepared huh ? Were you planning on slipping this in my pumpkin juice if I hadn’t answered your questions back at my house ? “ asked Ted angrily.

“Yes,” said Harry evenly.

“Good to know that I am still trusted,” muttered Ted.

“Trust! Yes I do have issues trusting people Ted because I just found out that the people I have known for four years have been lying to me. So excuse me if I have a problem trusting people as of late,” yelled Harry.

“I told you everything I know. I was just as surprised about the revelations as you were, Harry. So don’t start again by accusing me of all these things,” yelled Ted.

“Mr Potter please! Ted and Penny are innocent. They have nothing to do with this. If you have any questions ask me. It’s alright Ted, I don’t mind taking the serum,” said Mrs Hudson.

She held her hand out her hand to Harry, who gave her the vial. She took the vial and gulped the potion quickly.

“Ok Mr Potter. Fire away” said Mrs Hudson.

“State your full name for the record,” started Harry as if they were sitting in an interrogation room with a suspect.

“Gracy Clarissa Hudson.”

He looked to Penny and Ted, who nodded confirming her answer.

“Why did you really come back to England, four years ago? “ asked Harry.

“Like I told you before. Jennifer sent me here. She asked me to come here and befriend your parents so that I can keep an eye on them,”

“When did she find out about her family? “

“Four years ago.”

“Did Samar tell her the truth about it?”

“Yes he did. The day before he disappeared he had called her and told her everything. “

“So she has known about her family for four years now?“

“Yes”

“So she made a choice of staying away from her family?“ asked Harry, his voice nearly breaking.

“Yes Mr Potter”

“Tell me everything you know about what happened after Samar told her about her family.”

“I only know what Alfred told me when I asked him. After Samar informed her, she didn’t ask him any details about her family because she wanted to remember them on her own. Her doctor had told her that her memories could come back if they were triggered. She had decided that after the case was done, she and Samar would go back to London together to meet her family, in the hopes of getting her memories back,”

“So why didn’t she? What happened?” asked Harry.

“Samar’s death. It nearly destroyed her Mr Potter. She blamed herself for his death. She believes it was her obsession of finding herself that killed Samar. And she was pregnant at that time. She was scared of the same fate befalling her child. She had this gut feeling that, whoever helped Michael Lansky escape was behind her disappearance too. So she uprooted that obsession from her life completely, for her child. To keep him safe. “

“Did she wipe her own records? Make it look like Ginny Weasley never existed?” asked Harry.

“Yes”

“How did she do that?”

“I don’t know. But she is an ex-Infiltrator. And now she is a trainer for the same. She is a resourceful woman,”

“So am I correcting in understanding that she was never going to come back here, If we hadn’t found out about her?”

“Yes I believe she said, ‘I am never going back’ “

Harry’s breathe caught when she said this, but he kept himself together and continued.

“Why did she need you to spy on her parents then? “ asked Harry, finding it difficult to keep his calm.

“Because she believed that her family might be in danger, if someone somehow found out about her past,”

“Given the efforts she has taken to wipe her existence, I am surprised she cared enough to know how her family is doing, “ spat Harry.

Mrs Hudson stayed quite. Penny and Ted were too shocked to say anything to calm Harry down.

“Well say something!” yelled Harry.

“What do you want me to say Mr Potter?”

“I want to know why? Why she thought that she had a right to do all these things? Why she thought it was right to stay away for four years from her family? From her mother, her father, her brothers” said Harry and took a long breathe , “From me.”

“Harry please just calm down-” started Penny.

“No Penny, I am way past that. You can’t expect me to keep my cool after finding out something like this. This woman just told me that the woman I love has purposefully stayed away from me and her family and there is a reason for that? You are going to give a logical explanation for this ?“ yelled Harry.

“SHE IS NOT THE WOMAN YOU LOVE HARRY! THE WOMAN YOU LOVE IS DEAD” yelled Ted.

There was a tensed silence with only Harry’s heavy breathing mixed in it. Harry got up and went to the chicken’s coup to get some air. Ted, Penny and Mrs Hudson found him sitting on a bench, hunched and his head between his hands. Ted sat beside Harry and started talking,

“I am sorry Harry. I really am. But you have to accept the fact that she is gone. The Jennifer I know just looks like Ginny Weasley but she is not, “

Harry just raised his Ted and looked at Ted earnestly, silently asking him to continue,

“You wanted to know how much your Ginny has changed.But the truth of the matter is she is not even your Ginny. I hate telling you this, but she is very different from the woman you love. The woman you love is a seventeen year old, stubborn witch, who was so full of light, that she filled everyone with happiness with that. The woman you love, could never keep any feeling inside her, she was used to express whatever she was feeling. Jennifer isn’t like that, she is different. There are similarities between Ginny and Jennifer, in their mannerisms maybe even in their nature, but only some,”

“Mr Potter, I saw Jennifer at her lowest points of her life in America. When I first found her, she was this weak, frail girl who didn’t know where she came from and had memories of just about what had been done to her, the unspeakable things the death eater had done to her. Imagine yourself in a strange land, with nearly no memories about who you are. You don’t even know your name. The only things that you remember is the horrible thing that had been done to you, that caused you to lose your memories in the first place. Even with some little help, you still can’t help but feel alone. That’s how Jennifer felt when she first came to America. It took her weeks to recover from the shock of it alone. She was sick for weeks and had panic attacks for months after that. Her first year in America was the most difficult time of her life that she could remember. She had to live with the fact that she couldn’t protect herself and had been violated in her own skin. She had to find a way to move past it. And Samar was the one who helped her get through all this. If it wasn’t for him she would have killed herself a long time ago, because that’s what people do when they are in a depression. It was Samar’s love that brought her out of her shell. She started to enjoy her life because Penny, Ted and Samar helped her and gave her a purpose to live. Molly and Arthur told me a bit about how you were after the battle and how Ginny helped you with that. Well, Samar was there for Jennifer in the same way Ginny was there for you all those years ago. And she fell in love with him. Samar and her friends became family to her. A family that she yearned for,” said Mrs Hudson.

“Harry, you said you were lost after Ginny died. That’s how Jennifer felt after she lost Samar. Samar was the only family she had that she remembered. She became very distant after that. It’s like a wall came up between the rest of the world and her. The only one who can break her wall is her son. She looks truly content and at peace only when she is with her son. To outsiders she looks fine. A good job, she is well off financially, popular ministry worker, she has wealthy clients, a great house and everything. All these mean nothing to her. The only thing that matters to her are her children,” said Penny.

“Becoming a mother changes you as a person Mr Potter. Maybe one day you will understand that, if you ever father children of your own. But children have a way of changing our perspective on everything. Becoming a mother changed her a lot more than you understand. A mother would do anything to keep her child safe, as you well know given your own mother died to keep you safe all those years ago. The moment she found out she was expecting, her child became the most important person in her life. She didn’t become a mother when she pushed her child out of her. She was a mother long before that, the moment she found out she was pregnant. Like any mother, she will do anything to keep her children safe. Giving up on her past, erasing her past, hurting the people who loved her, lying to the world and everyone she cares about about her past, everything she has done in the last four years, is because she loves her children more than anyone else in the world. And this is why I didn’t tell anyone about her. I would have told someone if I thought she was wrong. But there is no right or wrong in this situation Mr Potter. Jennifer simply did what she thought would keep her children safe. And yes, if Ted and Penny hadn’t found out about Ginny, then maybe this would have been a secret forever. Maybe it was wrong of her to erase Ginny’s existence. But in her mind she didn’t see it that way, because according to her, she was simply closing up a chapter of her past. Jennifer figured that since you all thought she was dead, keeping it a secret wouldn’t hurt anyone. She thought it would only hurt her family more if they found out about her,”

Harry looked at Mrs Hudson and raised his eyes.

“Tell me Mr Potter, what do you really expect from Jennifer when she comes back?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you expecting her to recognise you immediately after seeing you?”

Harry looked away. Despite giving his word to Kingsley, there was still a large part of him that hoped that his Ginny was still there in this new woman. He still held hope that after everything that has happened in his life, there might still be a chance that Ginny is alive. He hated himself for still holding that hope but he couldn’t help it. It was difficult to accept her supposed death ten years ago, it sure as hell wasn’t going to be easy to accept that fact now, especially after finding out that she is technically alive.

“I’ll tell you what you should expect from her, what your family should expect. You should expect a woman, of foreign land, with eyes as cold as that of a stranger. Because that’s what she is going to be. A stranger. If you keep holding on to the hope that she might be remember you and if she doesn’t it will crush you. Not only will it crush you, but it will also drive her away. There is a chance that she might never remember you. But there is still a chance of building a friendship with her. If you keep holding onto that hope, that chance will be gone too. Same goes for her family. They are not really her family anymore, not to her anyway. They are your family. You have to make them see this too. Tell them the truth. It will be difficult for them to digest but in the long run, it will be good for them. Some of the members might find it difficult to forgive what she did, yourself included. But I hope you all understand why she did it and move past it. If you all loved her so much, find a way to build a new relationship with her. Get to know her, make her feel home. Tell them about me too. I don’t know if Molly will ever forgive me for what I did, but I know she will forgive her daughter, because Molly of all people would understand why Jennifer did what she did. And you all wish that all this had never happened, but Jennifer doesn’t. There was a time, when she hated what happened to her. But now she doesn’t. Everything that happened ten years ago, even the rape, has lead to her having her children. There is no way that she can regret that now. If she had to go through all of that again, she would do it gladly without a second thought,”

They all now waited for Harry to speak. Several minutes passed and then finally Harry spoke, “Why are you telling me this? Why do you care what becomes of her family after this ?”

“Because Jennifer has crushed her obsession to keep her children safe. She has remained content in the knowledge that her family is alive and well. That has been enough for her till now. But if there is still a chance that she can get back to her family where she truly belongs, I want to give it to her. She thinks she doesn’t need it, but she still does. I just want to see her happy. She is like the daughter I never had and I love her. I was prepared to keep her secret for however long it took, but now that the truth is out, it doesn’t make sense to keep all this a secret. So I thought it would be better if you know the whole truth. And I think it would be best to tell your family about this. I know you think it’s better to keep it a secret so it doesn’t hurt Molly, but it’s not. You should never underestimate Molly Weasley. She can take this. And she will understand this better than anyone else. Just think about this Mr Potter.”

 

***

 

Jennifer entered the Minister’s office and saw a tall man, with blue robes standing with his back to her, looking at a portrait sitting behind his chair.

“I never thought I would see you again Miss Weasley,” he turned around and said, “Welcome back from the dead,”

Jennifer chuckled at the joke uncomfortably which wasn’t lost on Kingsley, “Thank You sir. If you don’t mind, I prefer if you continue calling me Jennifer Neveu. It has been my name for the past ten years. The name Weasley is new to me,”

“Of course, I can’t even imagine how you must feel. Please have a seat Miss Neveu,” said Kingsley taking a seat on his chair, “But I have a feeling that you would have to correct many people now that you are back,”

“As long as they never make the same mistake, I wouldn’t mind correcting them” said Jennifer.

She noticed that Kingsley was staring at her oddly which made her a bit uncomfortable but she didn’t show it on her face.

“I’m sorry for staring, but I guess I am having difficulty accepting the fact that you are really here. I was one of the first people, who found your body ten years ago. Or more correctly, the body with your face. Your father and I are good friends and If I had paid careful attention to details back then, maybe none of this would have happened-”

“Please sir, what’s done is done. There is nothing you can do that can change the past. I don’t blame anyone for what happened to me ten years ago sir. You have other matters that need your focus, so I ask you to stop thinking about this matter and stop blaming yourself,”

“Well as a matter of fact, I can’t entirely forget about that incident Miss Neveu, because the recent discoveries has brought some new evidences into light. Evidences that suggest some bigger plan, some bigger scheme. And this is why I contacted you to set an appointment with me discreetly. I wasn’t expecting to see so soon though. Theodore Kent told me that he wasn’t expecting you until next week, so I thought I was going to see you after Kent’s case was resolved,”

“Yes, well I only just arrived so I can get a lead on Theodore’s case as soon as possible. If I may ask a favour, can you keep our meeting a secret for a while. I am following up a fresh lead on Ted’s case. It would be beneficial if no one knows, that I have already arrived. I would of course meet Ted next week,”

“Hmm, well I don’t particularly like it, given everything that has happened these last few days. But I understand all too well the need to cover your tracks to follow up a lead. For now no one will know about this meeting, except for the two of us and my assistant. You have my word,”

“Thank You. That means a lot,”

“No problem, Miss Neveu. I was hoping for your cooperation into solving your own disappearance case so we can get to truth of the matter. Whatever it leads to, it is something big,”

“You can expect full cooperation on my side, Minister”

“And you do realize for that, you will have to stay here until that case is resolved. You may even work as a temporary transfer on the case, if you wish. I would prefer it actually. It would also mean working with some of my own men,”

“Actually I would like it very much working as a case agent sir, Thank You”

“Good it’s settled then. I’ll send in your employment details to the Auror department then,”

Jennifer stood up and shook hands with the Minister.

“Welcome back, Miss Neveu. I would avoid exiting through the main lobby Miss Neveu. Two of your family members are currently here, working in this building. It’s best if you disguise yourself if you want to avoid running into them. The Ministry of Magic building is not exactly the best place for a family reunion,”

“I’ll keep that in mind Minister,”

“Please it’s Kingsley,”

“Alright Kingsley, then it’s Jennifer for you,”

 

***

 

Ha rry, Ted and Penny flooed to Ron and Hermione’s house and told them everything that had transpired that day. As Harry had expected it was a shock and Ron’s face actually turned maroon for a few seconds when Harry was recounting about what Jennifer had done. After they were done telling the story, it was a few minutes before Ron broke the silence.

“So what now?”

“Do you think we should tell your family about this?” asked Harry.

“I vote a hell no. I can’t believe Ginny would do this,” yelled Ron.

“Ron just calm down. Ginny obviously thought she was doing what was best. If I was in her place, I probably would have done the same thing,” said Hermione.

“Oh really?” asked Ron

“Yes maybe. In fact I have done it. I erased my parent’s memories to keep them safe from the war. What Ginny did is no worse than what I did. I violated my parent’s minds and I erased their memories, when I had no right to do so. It was awful but it was necessary. If Ginny thought, that by erasing her existence, kept us safer, kept her children safer then I don’t hate her for it. It’s exactly the kind of thing she would do,”

Ron couldn’t speak. After all these years, if he has learned one thing is that his wife was nearly always right. She was brilliant and her mind has saved his arse countless of times and like every other time, he would heed to his wife’s advice and try to find a way to forgive Ginny. Maybe it will be easier to convince the Weasley women about all this and forgive Ginny. He knew that the men of his family will have a harder time accepting this. But he had to try.

“Ron you have to understand what Jennifer has gone through in these last ten years. I know it has been difficult for you all, but she wasn’t exactly having a picnic. You and Harry, both need to make your family understand what to expect of her when she comes back,” said Penny.

Everyone was silent, lost in their own thoughts. They all had dinner together but hardly spoke for the rest of the evening. In the end it was decided that next day they would brief the rest of the family on the recent findings and start preparing them for Ginny’s return.






Reviews 80
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear