Search:

SIYE Time:11:46 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Oceans Apart
By Catwoman

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Sexual Situations, Rape, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 80
Summary: The war is over, Harry and Ginny are back together but does it mean end of problems for Harry and Ginny?
Hitcount: Story Total: 53216; Chapter Total: 4090







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


RECOVERY

Jennifer's days at Aunt Hudson's place flew in a haze. For the first few days her days had the same pattern. Wake up, have breakfast with Aunt Hudson, take a stroll in the mansion's gardens, take a nap, have lunch, crying for herself and having panic attacks, again take a nap till dinner and go to sleep.

She barely ate to keep even a pixie alive. After nearly a month she started coming out of her shell. She found that the mansion she had been living in actually had four more floors. She was surprised to find out that Aunt Hudson had only one maid working for her whose name was Thalia and she helped Aunt Hudson in keeping the mansion clean and beautiful.She starting talking to Aunt Hudson. She was full of life. Aunt Hudson was married to a rich and famous potion maker Sedgewick Hudson who died while working on his own experiments. They had no children so Mr.Hudson had left everything to his wife. Aunt Hudson wasn't a boring trophy wife. She ran a shop called Beautiful Witch which sold robes mixed with some Muggle trends designed specially for witches with all kinds of accesories. One would think that being rich she must be a spoiled brat. Aunt Hudson was anything but a spoiled brat. She hated sitting idle. She liked to give third or fourth helpings of her food to people who came over for dinner. She was a marvelous cook. Jennifer loved her instantly.


One day she was joined by Aunt Hudson in her morning stroll in the gardens. After a few minutes of silence she started speaking.

"Jennifer dear how are you?" she asked.

" I am fine Aunt Hudson."

"Don't lie to me Jennifer. You are anything but fine!"

"Do you want me to leave Aunt Hudson?"

"No dear, but you can't stay holed up in here forever. It is not healthy. I know its difficult for you but you have to move on. Life goes on. If you just stay here and lose yourself, whoever did this to you will win. But if you accepted this fact and got on with your life then you win morally and mentally. I really think its time that you start finding yourself and get out of this cage dear!"

Jennifer snorted,"You think this big mansion is a cage?"

"A cage is anything that supresses free will and life."

Jennifer just looked at her.

"Dear, I know there is a strong girl in you. You just have to find yourself. I know its easier said than done but I also know you will make it."

With tears filling up in her eyes Jennifer said," I have been thinking of nothing but what has happened to me and who was I before all this. I want to go find my family if they are still alive."

"Dear, remember what Greg said that day? He thinks there is 100% chance that your family is still alive. But it is clear that your attackers were hunting you. They can be former Death Eaters. If you go back they may take you again and might also kill your family. Do you want to put your family in danger?"

"No."

"Then take my advise. Stay here in America and acquire a stable ground. And when you are well enough you can go find you family. Till that time you can stay here with me and figure our what you want to do. Okay?"

"Okay. Infact I have thought about it too. About what to do with my life."

"What's that dear?"

"I want to become an Auror."

"Really? Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

"Yes. I figured, if I want to stop the people doing what they did to me I have to be someone they fear. If being an Auror will prevent that then I will do it."

Aunt Hudson just looked at her for a long time. For the first time she saw a determined, brave, strong and idealistic woman in Jennifer. But underneath it all she also saw the vulnerability that was a strenght of a woman and also her greatest weakness.

"We will go to the Ministry tomorrow. You can talk to Greg about your plans."

***

The next day Jennifer found herself sitting in the plush office of Auror Greg. He was sitting opposite to her on his leather chair.

"How are you Miss. Jennifer Neveu?"

"Fine sir."

"May I ask the purpose of your visit?"

Jennifer took a deep breath and said, "I want to join the Aurors sir."

The Auror just looked at her and asked his voice firm but gentle, "What drives you to choose this career path Miss. Neveu?"

"I want to make sure people don't go through what I have been through in these few days."

There was a tone of finality in Jennifer's voice that Greg always thought, an Auror should have. He thought for a long time before he spoke.

"Miss. Neveu, you have been here for only two months. You look fine but I know you are still recovering from the incident. Right now you are not strong enough to carry other people's lives in your shoulder. But that doesn't mean you give up. I suggest you to join the Wizarding school here and maybe a year later we can talk about this again."

"What good would that do to me?"

"You look young and there is no sign of the Trace in you so that means you are seventeen. You attend the final year of the Magic school here, score good marks and your performance in this year will be like the first qualification test. One year is enough time to get over your issues Miss. Neveu and I truly believe that you will make it. I see it in your eyes. Are you in?"

Jennifer thought about the offer for a while. While she was eager to join the Aurors she knew that Greg had a point. She had still not recovered from had what happened to her. She had to find herself before taking on a responsible job of an Auror.

"Okay sir. You will see me a year later here in this building starting the training session with the Aurors."

"That's the spirit. I will let you know about which school will accept you."

A few days later Jennifer was on her way to Princeton Institute of Magical Education in Mexico.
Reviews 80
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear