Search:

SIYE Time:14:49 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Oceans Apart
By Catwoman

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Sexual Situations, Rape, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 80
Summary: The war is over, Harry and Ginny are back together but does it mean end of problems for Harry and Ginny?
Hitcount: Story Total: 53073; Chapter Total: 3585







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


BACK AT HOME

Belmonte Towers,
Soho, Muggle London.

The sky looked grey and dull. Reflecting Harry Potter's mood.In days like these Harry wondered if the universe too was offering him condolations.

After defeating Voldemort he thought he was done with experiencing the anguish of losing someone he loved. And he did everything in his power to prevent it. He had brought up the most advanced defensive wards on his apartment in muggle London in Soho. Only the Weasleys, Kreacher and Hermione were permitted to this apartment. And there it was again. Weasley. Ginny Weasley. His Ginny. My Ginny, thought Harry.

Never before had he felt such pain. The name that once upon a time brought a wide smile on his face, now brought tears in his eyes, anger and sense of revenge. He could vividly remember everything that happened since her disappearance to the day they found her corpse in a remote and deserted village of Little Hangleton, in the Riddle House, the house of Riddle Family.

Flashback

He was in his office going through some papers when the floo in his office activated. His heart started beating wildly when he heard the panicky voice of Mrs.Weasley.

"Mrs. Weasley what's wrong?"

"I got an owl from Robin Harry. It says Ginny has not reached her place yet."
"
WHAT? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? SHE LEFT THE BURROW FOUR HOURS AGO."

"Harry you don't think that-",

But Harry did not hear the end of her sentence because his door blasted open and in came Mr.Weasley followed by Ron and Kingsley.

"Harry I think you should see this,"said Mr.Weasley in a distressed tone.
"Not now Mr.Weasley, Ginny is-"but he was cut off by Ron.

"Yes we know . Here is a letter saying that they have Ginny as captive."
Heart beating wildly Harry started reading the letter.

Dear Chosen One,
Your lovely lady, the esteemed Miss.Weasley is under our control. If you want see her limbs in her delectable body come ALONE to Little Hangleton. You know where in Little Hangleton.

With sincere regards,
Amycus Carrow.


He knew . He knew exactly what place he was referring to.

"What do you suggest we do Kingsley?" asked Ron.

"We need maximum back up and we will station them at the village perimeters. At any sign of
struggle the team apparate to the village. We will keep an eye on you Harry."

"You think it is safe to send Harry alone."

"He is not a child Arthur. He can take care of himself. Besides if we this man gets any idea of Harry not being alone Merlin knows what he would do to Miss.Weasley."

“He is right Mr.Weasley. When I reach there I will somehow rescue Ginny and get her out of that place and bring her to you at the team so they can catch him.”

They went over the plan once more and then apparated to Little Hangleton.

***

It was dark when Harry reached Riddle House. The house was deserted. He could not see any sign of either Ginny or Amycus Carrow. He went inside the house to look around his wand
held high. Just when he was in the kitchen ,he started hearing screams from outside the house.Harry ran outside and saw nearly the whole on fire. A girl in front of the yard of the Riddle House was screaming for help.

People were running scared. They were screaming for help. Making a quick decision Harry sent a patronus and ran to the little girl. Within seconds he saw several broomsticks landing on the yard. The Aurors had got Harry’s patronus and were getting the people to mount broomsticks. Harry took the little girl and handed her to Ron who had just landed beside him.

“Ron! Take this girl with you. And make sure everyone gets out. I am going to look for Ginny.”

“But where Harry? The house is almost burned out.” said Ron pointing towards the Riddle House.

Then he saw someone lurking behind the trees in the backyard of the Riddle House. The person looked towards Harry with a sneer and Harry recognized him instantly. He sprinted towards Amycus with his wand pointed forward trying to get a shot at Amycus. Amycus started running through the trees in the forest with Harry following his lead. Amycus slipped on a log and fell on the ground head first. Taking this chance Harry shouted,”Incarcerous.”

Harry kneeled in front of Amycus,”Where is Ginny?” asked Harry in a threateningly low voice with his wand pointed at Amycus’ neck.
Amycus just laughed and said,”If you want see her Potter I will have to kill you . “

“Tell me where she is or I will make sure you die writhing in agony.TELL ME!”

“Ooo you gonna make me die the way your girlfriend did. I am so scared Potter!”

Harry was just about to cast the Cruciatius Curse when he saw a silvery Jack Russel Terrier saying in Ron’s voice,”They have found a red haired girl in a cellar.”

Harry stupefied Amycus and grabbing him apparated to the village.

***
After handing Amycus to the hitwizards Harry made his way towards Ron who was waiting for him in front of the yard of the Riddle House.

“Where is she Ron?”

“I got a patronus from Dad ten minutes ago saying some Aurors found a red haired girl in cellar seriously injured in head. He said they were summoning him to recognize the girl.”

Harry just nodded. He didn’t want to think over what Amycus had said.He started praying that Ginny should be alive.

They reached a place where a bunch of Aurors were gathered.

“Harry, Ron this way!”said Mike a fellow Auror.

“Have they recognized who she is Mike?” asked Ron.

“No idea, Ron.”

Suddenly Ron stopped walking. He saw Mr.Weasley on the ground with his head in his hands and Kingsley supporting him, rubbing his shoulders. Kingsley looked up and saw Ron and Harry. He looked at Harry saying sorry with his eyes and then looked behind him. Following Kingsley’s gaze Harry’s eyes fell on a body covered with a white sheet. He went towards it and kneeled down. Heart beating wildly and hands trembling he took of the cloth .

He gasped when he saw the face of the corpse. He vaguely heard Ron screaming before he lost consciousness.

***

After being discharged from St.Mungos having spent two days in a coma Harry had marched to the Ministry to speak to Kingsley. After a discussion for four hours Kingsley said to Harry,

“Harry I understand your sense of revenge. I understand why you would think of Amycus being handed to the Dementors as a punishment for his crimes, but Harry you have to understand. I eradicated that law the first day i took the office. I can’t just revoke it. You supported me strongly on that and now you backing of on your word is not going to be good for your reputation.”

“I DON’T CARE! I JUST DON’T CARE WHAT ANYONE WOULD THINK OF ME! HE KILLED HER. HE TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME. AND I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT HE DIES THE SAME DEATH.” screamed Harry so loud that the window panes started crack.

It took the combined efforts of Ron,Hermione and Mr.Weasley to calm him down. He reluctantly agreed with the condition that Amycus should be sent to Azkaban for a lifetime.

***

It started raining. Harry wondered if the Gods were crying for him. He felt a small hand on his shoulder.

“Harry it is getting late. Dinner is getting cold. Please have something.”

“I am not hungry Hermione.” said Harry softly.

“Harry you haven’t eaten in three days except for few sips of water. You will fall sick. Please Harry.”

“I don’t care what happens to me anymore. I want to die.”

“Harry stop it please stop it! Ginny wouldn’t want you living like this.”said Hermione in a choking voice.

At the sound of her name Harry broke down on Hermione’s shoulder. She rubbed his shoulders and said,”We all miss her Harry. I can’t even imagine what you are going through right now.But Harry this is life. You have to go on.Ginny has left us Harry, please for goodness sake you don’t leave us.”

“You are wrong Hermione.”

They both turned and saw Ron standing there his eyes as red as blood.

“I heard someone say that the ones we love don’t ever leave us,” he turned to Harry,”They are always here.” Saying that he placed his hand over Harry’s heart.

Harry hugged him and he realized that he will always love Ginny, for the rest of his life.
It will take time but it will be okay one day.

***
Final Year Girls Dormitories,
Princeton Institute of Magical Education,
Mexico, United States.

Jennifer shot out of the bed. She looked at her bedside clock which read it was 3 o’clock in the morning.She fell back on the pillows and thought about the strangest she had had since coming America.Since coming to America her sleep was plagued with nightmares. Today she didn’t have a nightmare. In the dream she heard someone crying and calling out her name.It had sounded like a man’s voice.Sighing she rolled over and started thinking about what Samar had said for the hundredth time. She didn’t know why she was making a big deal out of this. It was stupid really.

But what if it is not,said her conscious. What if he is right. I don’t smile anymore. The most fun I’ve had since coming here is playing quidditch.

She still couldn’t make out the wonderful feeling she had when she saw his eyes.Am i attracted to him? It is not that bad. I suppose he is good looking. Maybe I am attracted to him.
I should talk to Penny about this.

She closed her eyes deciding that tomorrow onwards she was going to smile.

***

“Hi Jennifer.”

Jennifer looked behind and saw Samar walking towards her. It had been a week since their talk in their in the library. It was the first time since then that she was with him for longer than ten seconds. She had been thinking of Samar more than she liked to admit. And from that she drew the conclusion that she was attracted to him. But she didn’t know what to do about it.

“When someone says hi, you are supposed to greet the same to the person.”

Jennifer laughed and said,”Hello Samar.”

“It is a nice sound.” remarked Samar.

“What ?”

“Your laugh. And it is a wonderful to hear you say hi politely rather than your usual words of greetings like,’Piss of’ or ‘Sod off’ .“

“I want to thank you Samar.”

“For what?’

“For making me realize that life is not about thinking what’s going to happen in the future. It is about living in the present.”

“Meh, I try.”

Jennifer laughed at his words. She started to walk when Samar caught her hand and spoke softly, “Will you go out with me Jennifer?’

Jennifer barely refrained from dropping her bag. His Seeker reflexes caught the bag quickly and he handed it to her. Taking the back she started to walk away feeling angrier than ever.

“Wait Jennifer!”

She ignored him.

He caught up with her and said,”Listen I know what you are thinking. But you are wrong. I didn’t say all those things about you smiling more just so would say yes when I asked you out.”

His words made her stop. She turned to him and looked at him skeptically. From what she knew about him, Samar never asked girls on dates. He just flirted with them and took them to bed for a one nightstand. He was famous because of his father’s name. And he used his fame to get girls. It was one of the reasons she hated him.

“Why are you asking me out?” asked Jennifer suspiciously.

“I have been thinking about you a lot this past week. Well you are beautiful err and i don’t know I just have this impulse to make you my girlfriend.”said Samar awkwardly.

Jennifer just kept looking at him skeptically.

“Look I know how I am with girls and until now I always wanted to be like that. That day at the match when I caught you I had this rush of feelings and I don’t know what they are but I surely like them” he said with an arrogant, very Samar-like smirk.

Jennifer was now glaring daggers at him, but Samar said,”And it is not just sexual attraction. Its something more. I am asking you out based on these feelings that are not just sexual-”

But Samar didn’t get to finish his sentence because Jennifer threw a fantastic bag-Bogey Hex on him.

***

“That was the most incredible Bat Bogey hex, Jennifer.”

She turned and saw Penny standing at the doorway of her dormitory.

“He is in the hospital wing. Madam Rosetta says that he will have to say the night in the hospital wing.”

“Is it that bad?” asked Jennifer.

“Yup.”

“You are not mad at me are you?”

“No. Although I am a little surprised that you said no when he asked you out.”

“Surprised? He is just being sweet to me so he can take me to bed. That is his new tactic.” said Jennifer angrily.

“No Jen. Samar has never asked out a girl before.He really likes you. And why did you rejected him when you feel the same way for him?” asked Penny

“How did you know?”

“You talk in your sleep sometimes.”

That was a revelation. Deciding to talk about this later she asked Penny,

“Penny I just don’t think I am ready to be with someone. I mean after what happened-”

“I know Jen, but maybe this why you need this. You should get over your fears. It is high time you do that Jennifer.”

“Penny-” but she was cut off again.

“Listen, Its time you start hanging out with guys more. You cannot stay hiding from your fears. You want to become an Auror. If you want to find yourself Samar is just the guy you need. I know he has a reputation with girls but he will never intentionally make you do what you don’t want to. Half the boys in school likes you Jennifer but I never I told you because you never had a thing for them. I am only telling you this because now because you like him and he likes you . So my point is just get together.”

Jennifer gave her a skeptical look and said,”Are you out of your mind! First of all I don’t think I have that kind of feelings for Samar. Its just pure lust-”

“So act on it!”

“It’s not that easy. I mean he is Samar. The womanizer. Do you really think that a girl like me will be okay with having sex with him? Everytime I see a strange guy looking at me I just think ‘Is he going to hurt me too?What will I do then to protect myself?’ You think I can go from that to having sex with Samar?” yelled Jennifer.

She sat down on her bed, her back towards Penny. Penny came towards her and put a comforting arm around her shoulders and said,”I am really sorry Jen. I didn’t know about all this. Why didn’t you talk to me about all this?”

Jennifer remained silent.

“Look if you don’t wanna go out with him then don’t. But at least try to be friends with him. He may be an idiot and a flirt but deep down he is a nice guy.”

Jennifer looked at her skeptically again.

“Trust me.”

***

Next morning she went to the hospital wing to see Samar. He was packing his clothes in a bag when she arrived at the hospital wing.

“Hey.” She greeted in what she hoped, a cheerful voice.

Samar turned and smiled when he saw her. He looked really cute when he smiled like that.Stop it Jen. You are here to apologize to him NOT for checking him out.

“Hiya, Jen. Wasn’t expecting, you especially with that smile on your face.” said Samar his signature smirk flitting on his face.

“What do you mean?’ asked Jennifer confusedly.

“Well, last time when we met, the encounter wasn’t exactly pleasant.”

They had come to the topic so there no way of avoiding this.

‘Uhm, listen,” said Jennifer lamely,”I wanted to apologize for that for hexing you-”

She was cut off by Samar’s loud bark of laughter. That laugh stirred something in her head and she saw blurred image of a man laughing in the exact same way as Samar. She began to feel dizzy and started to fall down but a moment later she felt strong arms around her.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah I am, just feeling a bit dizzy. My doctor said it was normal to feel dizzy when I recall something from my past or if any memory is stirred.” She stopped talking. She hadn’t meant to tell something like this to Samar.

“Can I get you some water?”

“No thanks I am fine.” When she realized that he was still holding her she pulled away.

“Listen, as I was saying-”

“Jen please don’t apologize for that. I know you misunderstood and I think I it is a honest mistake.” said Samar.

Jennifer kept quiet not knowing what to say.

“But can I ask you something?” said Samar.

“What?”

“You won’t hex me right, because i just got well from yesterday”s hex and I don’t want to spend another night here.”

“I can’t guarantee that. After all this is you.” Ginny said lightly.
Samar laughed and said,” Jennifer I enjoy your company immensely, even when when you say that I am a prat in various languages.”

Jennifer chuckled at that.

“My point is Jennifer, will you be friends with me?”

The smile Jennifer gave him sent jolts in his stomach in a way he couldn’t explain.
Reviews 80
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear