Search:

SIYE Time:15:14 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Me Not
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Quidditch Challemge (2014-4), Quidditch Challenge (2014-4)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Mental Abuse, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 75
Summary: *** Winner of The People’s Choice Award in the Quidditch Challenge ***

Ginny Weasley is on the verge of making the English National Team when she starts receiving concerning notes from an obsessed fan. She turns to the Auror Department and Harry Potter for help.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30914; Chapter Total: 6076
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you for the wonderful response so far! Thank you to everyone who pointed out my continuity problem with Ginny's Quidditch experience at Hogwarts. I have corrected it, but to summarize she joined the team as Seeker in her second year then she and Katie switched positions in her third year. This chapter is unbetaed as I want to get it up before the deadline. Thanks to Mark for his Brit picking. I'm hoping to finish this in the next twelve hours to make the deadline :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny watched in amazement as Harry rocketed off into the bright early morning sky. He’d vastly underplayed his flying ability. She glanced over at Gwenog and saw the same look of shock on her captain’s face.

“Damn, Mr Potter is full of surprises,” Gwenog said. She watched him for a minute before summoning the box of Quidditch equipment. “I wasn’t going to waste a real practice Snitch on a non-professional, but I take that back. I want to see how he’ll do.”

Nodding Ginny took off and soon was flying with Harry. The pair spent some time flying and looping each other. For Ginny it reminded her of flying with her oldest brothers. It had been a long time since she’d just flown for the fun of it. Once they’d flown for a while, Ginny signalled to Harry who flew up next to her. His eyes were bright green and his hair was wind-blown, she thought it was an incredibly appealing look on him.

“Gwenog wants to see how you handle the Snitch,” Ginny explained.

“Great,” Harry replied cheerfully. Ginny activated the Snitch and released it. The tiny golden ball flew away and Harry tore after it. Ginny slowly circled the pitch while she watched Harry. To her amazement, Harry suddenly turned and dove. He was almost perfectly vertical as he headed towards the Snitch. She was almost afraid to watch because the speed he was diving would make it difficult to stop.
Just when she was afraid he’d plough himself into the ground, he turned and skimmed the ground. He raised his hand and she realized he had the Snitch in his hand.

Clapping sounded from the stands and Ginny turned to see both Gwenog and Glynis, the Harpies’ Seeker watching Harry. She flushed slightly to realize she’d been so caught up watching him that she didn’t notice them arrive.

“Not bad, Potter,” Gwenog called out. “You got the Snitch in under a minute.”

“Can ye stand some competition?” Glynis asked as she mounted her broom.

Harry grinned. “Bring it on.”

Ginny joined Gwenog in the stands and watched as Harry and Glynis battled for the Snitch. It was amazing to watch them. While Glynis certainly had more experience, Harry had a lot of natural skill. After thirty minutes, the pair were tied a three captures a piece.

“He is really good,” Gwenog commented. “I think I’m glad he chose to become an Auror.” She glanced over at her Chaser. “He has an actual chance to make the team. Maybe Coach Gibbs has the right idea. Is Potter trying out?”

Ginny nodded.

“Good,” Gwenog said. “Make sure he has all of the right paperwork. I imagine Healer Davis can work him in on Monday if he needs a physical.”

Ginny looked over at her captain in surprise. “I thought you weren’t in favour of non-professionals trying out.”

“I wasn’t,” Gwenog admitted, “but if I’d known there were people like Potter out there…he could easily go professional. He’s better than the Seekers on the Falcons, Arrows, and Cannons without even trying. I imagine with a bit of training he could challenge Glynis and Blythe, maybe even Krum.”



Harry followed Ginny off the pitch. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d had so much fun. He couldn’t believe he’d actually beaten Glynis a few times.

“Potter! Why is it you’re having fun and I’m working?”

Turning Harry saw his partner Hamish Smyth striding towards them. He laughed. “What are you upset that you have to actually work for a change?”

When Hamish drew up to them, Harry introduced Hamish and Ginny. Hamish nodded respectfully at Ginny. “Miss Weasley, it is nice to meet you.”

“Thank you,” Ginny said flushing slightly.

“I believe the warding team is looking for the two of you,” Hamish said. “They are in the locker room. Afterwards the three of us need to sit down and talk.”

“Okay, thanks mate,” Harry replied as the two of them headed off to the locker room.

“What does he mean we need to sit down and talk?” Ginny asked nervously.

Harry wanted to reach over and take her hand, but he knew he couldn’t do that. “It’s okay. We need to get more information from you about your activities and places you normally go. I imagine that Hamish has gotten some results from the tests we’ve had the lab running.”

When they reached the locker room, the new security guard allowed them to enter. There were a combination of goblin and human workers spread over the room. The guttural sound of Gobbledegook filled the air. Harry was surprised to hear the human workers also speaking the goblin language.

“Bill!”

Turning Harry saw Ginny running towards a familiar looking, tall, slender, red-haired man. Harry watched the two siblings. Ginny seemed happy to see her oldest brother. From what he’d gathered, Bill was Ginny’s favourite brother.

After greeting his sister, Bill smiled at Harry. “Harry Potter! It’s been ages.”

Shaking Bill’s hand, Harry grinned. “It has. It’s great to see you again.”

“Thank you for helping Ginny,” Bill said. “I’m furious with my brother, Ron. I can’t believe he blew her off like that.”

“I’m not exactly thrilled with him either,” Harry admitted.

Bill looked over at his sister. “Ginny, do you mind if I cast a spell on you?”

Ginny looked at her brother in surprise, but shook her head. Bill soundlessly cast a spell with which Harry was unfamiliar. Bill frowned at
the results. A goblin who had been watching the exchange said, “This is concerning.”

“What is it?” Harry and Ginny both asked at the same time.

Leading the younger two over to a quiet corner, Bill explained, “Somehow this person knows a lot of personal details about Ginny. I don’t know how he knows these things, but it is worrisome. I was speaking to your partner earlier and he said one of the letters mentioned something about Ginny passing a test, do you remember that?”

Both of them nodded. “You’ve discovered what that means?” Harry asked.

“When he modified the wards, he cast some form of a purity spell in the locker room. I believe from what happened when Ginny entered, he was somehow alerted as the results of the spell.” Bill explained.

Ginny blushed. “So because I’m…pure I passed this test of his?”

“I believe so,” Bill replied.

“How could he have been sure it was Ginny?”

Feeling like her face was on fire, Ginny replied, “It would have only been me who passed that test. Glenna is engaged to be married, Gia, and Glynis are married and…well most of my teammates are a bit wild.”

Harry couldn’t deny he was strangely happy to discover that Ginny was still untouched, he couldn’t really explain his feelings, but they were certainly there. He was glad her brother allowed her a bit of privacy while explaining the results. Seeing that she was rather embarrassed, he asked, “How is the warding going?”

“This guy is unfortunately really good,” Bill explained unhappily. “As you may know, Anglesey is a restricted flying area except for the stadium. Because of the RAF facility over on the main island, a lot of concealment and oasis charms had to be employed. I’m not completely familiar with the Muggle terminology, but I understand they fly planes and…copters.”

“Helicopters,” Harry supplied. He frowned. “So it is a no fly area because of the radar?”

“Radar, yes that is it,” Bill replied. “This radar can somehow track things flying in the sky, so the Ministry has had to use a lot of experimental charms to conceal the brooms and hide the stadium. It is one thing to make people think they need to leave, but it is quite another when Muggles are flying over the stadium. I understand some of these planes fly quite high and very fast. The Muggles also a group of flyers that look for lost people so the Ministry had to perform a lot of charms to hide the stadium, but ensure that the Muggle flyers could still do their job.”

“I never thought about that,” Harry said. “You wouldn’t want to hamper any search and rescue operations.” He frowned. “So what do the pilots see when they fly over the stadium?”

“They see the landscape that was here before we built it,” came a voice from behind them. Harry turned to see an older wizard in Ministry robes. The man extended his hand. “Hello, I’m Bernard Handle. I helped develop the original charms.” He shook his head. “I can’t believe the Ministry has become so lax. These charms should be reviewed and updated annually. The Muggles are always developing new technology and we should be doing the same. We started developing these charms during the war with Grindelwald and the corresponding Muggle war. There were so many planes flying over the country that we had to develop new charms to hide from them. I’m leading a team that is checking the charms at all of the stadiums.”

Bernard glanced over at Ginny. “I am sincerely sorry for what you are going through, but if there is a silver lining it revealed a huge security risk without a disaster to accompany it.”

“That is a good thing,” Ginny agreed. Harry’s heart went out to her; she looked so bewildered standing there. He wished he could comfort her and was glad to see her brother reach out and draw her into a protective embrace.

“It will be okay, Gin,” Bill whispered. “We will find this guy.”

Ginny rested her head on her brother’s shoulder for a moment, seeming to draw strength from him. “Thank you, Bill.”

Bernard took his leave and strode over to an all human team that Harry had not noticed working in the back. Ginny frowned. “Is that Hermione?”

Following her gaze, Bill nodded. “She’s part of Handle’s group. She and a bloke named Michael are apprenticed to the Ministry Arithmancy experts on the team.”

“Who is Hermione?” Harry asked the siblings. He remembered hearing the name, but couldn’t recall from where.

“Ron’s girlfriend,” Ginny explained. Harry nodded as he recalled the conversation about Ron and Neville. He looked between the siblings.

“Is there a problem?”

“Not really,” Ginny said. “She’s not as close minded as Ron, but she thinks I broke Neville’s heart and that I’m acting wild.” She rolled her eyes. “I am so sick of having that thrown in my face by people who should know better.”




Ginny followed Hamish and Harry into a disused conference room in the lower level of the stadium.

“Miss Weasley,” Hamish began. Ginny interrupted him. “Please, call me Ginny.”

He nodded. “Ginny. I’ve reviewed the letters. It seems as though this wizard started writing to you in March. Is that your recollection as well?”

“I think so,” Ginny said as she thought back. “I didn’t realize at first the…significance of the letters. I asked the other players and they all said they had odd or intense fans so I thought maybe that’s what this was, but when I received the flowers at my house — that’s when I started becoming so nervous.”

“Ginny, we are going to ask you a series of questions that will probably seem intrusive and annoying, but we are trying to discover if there are other places he may have seen you and followed you. We are trying to see if we can discover his identity,” Harry explained.

Ginny nodded nervously. Harry smiled at her reassuringly and began. “Can you tell me about a normal day? What do you do and where do you go? Is there any place that you go every day?”

“I like to ride my bicycle,” Ginny explained. “I love the beach. So on my days off I might ride down by the beach.”

“Is there any place you eat down by the beach?”

“There is this cute little tea room,” Ginny said naming the place. “I like to stop in and have some tea and a cake. My mum is great at making treats, but I’m not quite as good at baking so sometimes I will go to the tea room for cake.”

Harry nodded reassuringly. “You like to ride down by the beach. What else do you like to do?”

“I run — usually down to the beach, but I also go into town sometimes as well and run with Glenna. She’s my best friend on the team. We go out to the restaurants near the harbour sometimes.”

“When you and your teammates go out clubbing and dancing, where do you usually go?”

“There is a wizarding club in Liverpool and there are several clubs we enjoy in Cardiff,” Ginny said as she gave them the particulars of those clubs.

“Do you go to London much?” Hamish asked.

“Not usually,” Ginny replied. “If I’m in London it is usually to go to the Ministry or a sponsored function.”

“Where does your family live?”

The questioning went on for quite some time. Ginny was grateful for the calm manner of questioning that Harry and Hamish used. It did seem a bit much and while she didn’t see how knowing she went to the farmer’s market or used a certain dry cleaner would help them; she readily answered all of their questions.

At length, Hamish declared he had the information he needed. Harry and his partner conferred for a few minutes before Hamish took his leave.

“You did great, Ginny,” Harry said. “Thanks for hanging in there and answering all of them.”

Flushing slightly, she said, “I’m just glad that you know what to look for.” She looked over at him hopefully. “Do you have any idea who it might be?”

Harry shook his head regretfully. “We don’t know who it might be, but he’s left us a few clues. He’s most likely in his early to mid-twenties and he’s not concerned about blood status so he’s either from one of the Light houses or he’s a half blood or Muggle born.”

“How do you get that?” She asked curiously.

“He’s described all of the things he finds attractive about you, but he’s never mentioned the fact that you are a Pureblood. When he wrote disparagingly of your friend Colin he didn’t mention the fact that Colin is Muggleborn — if he was at all concerned with blood status he would have pointed out to you how much better he is than Colin because of blood status.”

“That’s true,” Ginny breathed. “I hadn’t even thought of that.”




“It looks like you had fun today.”

Harry finished stowing his broom and turned to look at Sirius. “I did. I’m going to try out for the National Team.”

“Yeah!” Sirius cheered. “I knew you’d come around eventually. So what happened today?”

“I flew with Ginny in the morning, but then Glynis, the Harpies’ Seeker came out and we played a little one on one. It was great. I caught the Snitch half of the time. Glynis gave me some good pointers. I was really surprised, but Ginny, Glynis, and Gwenog all encouraged me to try out for the team. I figured the professionals would discourage non-professionals from trying out, but they’ve all been great.”

Harry headed into the kitchen with his godfather happily talking about his day. When he entered the kitchen, he grinned at the little boy sitting at the table sharing his macaroni and cheese with their golden lab, Nimbus.

“Hi, Teddy!” Harry leaned over and kissed the boy on the cheek.

“Teddy,” Sirius said as he sat down next to the boy. “Harry is going to try out for the Quidditch team.”

Teddy’s eyes lit up as his hair began to change to black. “Really? You gonna fly Harry?”

Harry nodded. “I’m not sure if I’ll make the team, but I’m going to try.”

“Can me and Papa watch?”

“If I make the team, you certainly can,” Harry reassured the boy.

“Is anyone else trying out?” Sirius asked as he made a sandwich for Harry.

“Dad, I can make my own sandwich,” Harry protested when Sirius handed him the sandwich. Reading the look in his godfather’s eyes, he sighed and simply said, “Thank you.”

After taking a bite of his sandwich, Harry said, “I think there are one or two other Aurors who are going to try out. Robards is encouraging anyone who’s had any Quidditch experience to try out. We figure this stalker will be trying out, so we want to have as many people around Ginny as possible.”

“Ginny? What happened to Miss Weasley?” Sirius teased.

Silently cursing, Harry glared at his smirking godfather. “She’s…she’s different.”

“I see,” Sirius said. “How is the case going?”

“We are making progress,” Harry said after finishing his sandwich. “I’m going back to Wales with Hamish this afternoon. We’re going to see if there are other indications as to who this man might be.”




Hamish looked up as Hermione, Ron, and Neville filed into one of the conference rooms near the Auror Department. He stood and shook their hands and gestured for them to take seats around the table.

“Thank you for seeing me,” Hamish said once everyone was seated. “I’ve been working on Ginny’s case and I wanted to talk to the three of you to see if you have any idea who may be behind all of this.”

Ron glanced at his friends with the stern reprimand he’d received from his oldest brother was still ringing in his ears. He was finally starting to realize exactly how serious this was an exactly how much he’d let his sister down. He shrugged. “Neville and I went to a few matches after Ginny told us about the letters, but we never noticed anyone paying extra attention to her. I mean she has fans, but nothing out of the ordinary.”

“From the letters we’ve determined the wizard who wrote them is within a few years of her age and not at all concerned with blood purity, but he was pleased to discover that Ginny was pure. He’s well educated, so he may have gone to school with you. Is there anyone you can recall from your school years who paid Ginny undo attention?”

“Draco Malfoy used to watch her a lot,” Neville said after a moment.

“What?!” Ron turned to his best mate.

Neville shrugged. “He used to watch her.”

“Harry has already eliminated him,” Hamish said. “Ginny mentioned how she humiliated him at a ball a few years ago, but his magical signature doesn’t match.”

“What do you mean she humiliated him?” Ron demanded. “She danced with him.”

“She did,” Hamish agreed. “She is a public figure and didn’t want to cause a scene in the middle of the dance floor. However, when Mr Malfoy followed her, she was forced to put him in his place.” Hamish laughed. “I was at the ball. I saw her smack him across the face. It was rather entertaining.”

“Are you sure it isn’t a Death Eater?” Hermione asked as Ron tried to wrap his head around Hamish’s version of events.

Hamish shook his head and gave them the same explanation Harry had given Ginny. Ron looked as though he’d been kicked in the stomach. “Ginny really is in danger, isn’t she?”

“Yes,” Hamish replied emphatically. “I don’t understand your reluctance to believe her. She has done nothing wrong and she has been targeted by someone.”

“But someone she’s never met?” Hermione asked sceptically. “Why would someone she’s never met think she was in love with them? Isn’t it more likely someone she’s already met? Someone she’s dated? She’s been very wild.”

Hamish looked at them with pity on his face. “I don’t know why you believe this, but she honestly hasn’t. She does go out with her friends drinking and dancing, but there is no indication she’s ever indulged in a one night stand. She doesn’t lead men on, she doesn’t take illegal potions, and she’s never been implicated in a scandal. She goes out drinking and dancing.”

Listening to the Auror, Hermione felt a stab of guilt. Had she really judged Ginny so unfairly and so harshly? During her school years, Hermione had always had difficulty making friends. Eventually she’d befriended Ron and Neville, the three of them had become fast friends by the end of their first year. Neville had opened his home to both of his new friends and they’d spent a lot of time at the Longbottom’s.

When Ginny started at Hogwarts, Ron was adamant that she couldn’t be friends with them and Hermione had no reason to object. Ginny made her own friends and Hermione didn’t really have anything to do with her. Inside Hogwarts, the students were isolated from the war raging outside the walls. Professor Dumbledore encouraged students to stay at the school over Christmas holidays and organized a Yule Ball. It was then Neville made his move on Ginny.

Over the years, Ron had become closer to his only sister. The two of them were on the same Quidditch team and by that point they were the only two Weasleys left at Hogwarts. Ron was happy to have Neville dating his sister and seemed to view it as the perfect way for the two boys to actually become family. Hermione admired Ginny’s work ethic and the two girls got along well together, even if they didn’t have much in common.

When Ginny broke up with Neville, it was a shock for all of them. Ron was upset at Ginny for wrecking the plans the two boys had dreamed up of the two couples getting married and living next door to each other. While Hermione refused to get married at that point in time, there was no doubt she and Ron would eventually get married. It had shocked her to realize Ginny wanted something different. Ron had taken his sister’s actions as a direct betrayal. With each of her actions, he became angrier and angrier with her. Glancing over at him, Hermione could how hard he was taking the new revelations. She knew that whilst he might be angry with his sister and disagree with her choices, he’d never wanted her to be hurt.

Hamish seemed to realize he was getting through to them. “She’s certainly crossed paths with him, but he’s fabricated the entire relationship. If she looked up in the stands, he assumed she was looking at him. If she smiled in a photo in the paper, he thought it was for him.”

“I’ve heard of stalking,” Hermione admitted uncomfortably, “but I never…I just didn’t connect it with Ginny for some reason. The amount of effort he put into modifying the wards at the stadium is incredible.”

“What skills would a person have to have in order to do that?” Hamish asked curiously.

“Advanced Arithmancy,” Hermione said promptly. “I didn’t realize how complex the wards around the stadium were. For him to modify just a bit without bringing everything crashing down, I imagine he would have needed some idea of what the old wards entailed.”

Hamish nodded. “It that something he may have discovered on his own or would he have needed official records?”

Hermione considered it for a moment. “I think he might have discovered them on his own if he had some idea what he was looking for. He certainly must have had advanced training in order to find the charms he wanted to change or modify.”

“That is what our experts have concluded as well,” Hamish agreed. “Is there anyone you went to school with who excelled at Arithmancy and Charms? They might not have top grades, but they would have been really good.”

“You should speak to Michael Corner,” Hermione said. “He was in the Arithmancy Club at Hogwarts and might have a better idea who would fit in that category.”




Ginny rummaged through her trunk, but she couldn’t find her second set of practice clothes. Frowning, she tried to recall where she saw them last. Suddenly she realized they were probably at the bottom of her clothes hamper.

When she’d left her house, she hadn’t even thought about the hamper of dirty laundry she’d been planning to do the next day. Damn! She really wanted some of those clothes. Glancing outside she realized there was plenty of daylight left. She could Apparate over to her house, grab her clothes and be back in less than five minutes.

Making up her mind, she Apparated to the secluded lane that led to her house. She could smell the beach as she hurried up the lane. She wished she could take the time to go to the beach, but she knew it would be better if she grabbed her laundry and headed back to the hotel.

It wasn’t until she reached her porch that she realized something was wrong. The door wasn’t closed completely and there was a dark stain on the door. Had the Aurors left her house in this condition?

Pushing open her front door, the smell of blood was overwhelming. Looking around the sitting room, she screamed. How could this have happened? Pulling her wand, she called for Harry the way he’d showed her. As she waited, she suddenly realized the source of the blood. She could feel the blood rushing to her head and darkness threatened around the edge of her vision.

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming up behind her.


Reviews 75
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear