Search:

SIYE Time:19:19 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79028; Chapter Total: 2761
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
This is the first chapter where you begin to see more clearly the reason for the title of this book. Once again FriendofMolly and Arnel made critical corrections.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was Friday the thirteenth of October, and it was going to be the third time Albus, Scorpius, Rose and Cleo visited Hagrid. Both the boys and the girls left their house quarters at about the same time, intending to meet at the main doors before the short walk to Hagrid’s cottage.

Rose and Cleo were just a corridor past the entrance to Gryffindor when at least eight of the Slytherin girls grabbed them and pulled them into a room. Dis was immediately there, and several of the girls pulled out their wands and pointed them at the Elf. Dis muttered something under her breath, and almost immediately Frerin and several of the Hogwarts Elves appeared.

“Let the girls go,” Dis said.

“House-elves are to obey all witches and wizards,” Dorea Cowley said.

“Go, house-elves,” Tanya Gudgeon said. “This is none of your business.” As she said this she went right up to Dis and put her wand inches away from Dis’ face.

One of the girls grabbed Rose’s wand. Another tried to grab Cleo’s, but when she did the wand burned in her hand, and she dropped it. Cleo put her hand out, and the wand smoothly moved back into her hand. As this was happening everybody started talking and arguing at once. Suddenly Frerin disappeared, and within a couple of minutes of Frerin disappearing Rose and Cleo were let loose and the Slytherin girls fled. The girl who had Rose’s wand dropped it on the way out of the room.

“I wonder what that was all about?” Rose asked.

Cleo was getting very mixed messages from Albus. She was anxious to see what had happened to him.


Albus and Scorpius were walking to the main door, and were almost there when a large group of Slytherin boys pushed them into a small room. Two of the boys held Albus, and others took his wand and ran out the door. Al did not know it, but they had broken his wand into four parts and they were going to destroy each of the four parts.

Albus quickly said, “Accio Albus’ wand.” Accio may have been a fourth year spell, but Albus knew almost all the spells, even most of the seventh year spells, from his sneakily practicing with a wand in the shielded basements of twelve and thirteen Grimmauld Place. A wand came flying into his hand, but it was not his wand. He then said, “Accio attacker’s wands.” Eight wands came into his hands. At this point Frerin appeared, and then several other Elves. All the attackers fled.

Al looked at the wand in his hand. It was a very old wand, large. Somehow it looked familiar. It felt right! It was the first wand he had ever held that felt like it belonged in his hand.

Albus and Scorpius went back into the hall to wait for the girls.

Albus looked at the wand again. He wanted to see if the wand would levitate a chair, and it went up so fast and far he almost lost control of it. As soon as Al saw what was happening he gained control again. The wand wanted to be used, to be controlled. Albus thought he knew what wand he had, but he didn’t want to say anything, so he put it away.

“We were attacked!” Rose exclaimed as they reached the bottom of the stairs. She proceeded to describe the attack.

“I think the attack was a distraction, so that Frerin would leave us and the Slytherin boys could attack us,” Albus said thoughtfully.

“Did it work?” Rose asked.

Albus felt the wand in the wand pocket on his slacks. “Not the way they thought it would work,” he said. “The less said about this the better. I will talk to the people responsible in my house tonight.”

“But they attack you!” Rose said.

“If I report it Slytherin will lose a lot of points, and I will have made a lot of enemies,” Albus said.

“I think you have made a lot of enemies already!” Rose exclaimed.

“Those boys who attack us, and the girls who attack Rose and Cleo, were hardly friends,” Scorpius said.

Cleo was uncharacteristically quiet. She was trying to make sense of what was in Al’s head, but not having much success. Well, Al was usually trying to figure what was going on in her head, and if she couldn’t figure it out it was no wonder Albus was having a hard time. She was just going to continue to trust him. The confusion from the attack was covered over by a familiar family color and melody, the one that always comforted her whenever she was with Al.

The friends visited Hagrid. Cleo wanted to show Hagrid more about cooking, but she considered his supply of spices severely lacking. She procured several more spices from the Elves, and then Cleo and Hagrid cooked a good dinner.


Al was approached by Tom Riddle Hanley as soon as he and Scorpius arrived back to their common room. Before Tom could say anything Albus said, “I will give you all back your wands, and not report anything. I can make sure our Elves do not report anything either. I just need to talk, in private, to everyone who attacked either Rose and Cleopatra or Scorpius and me.”

Tom R. Hanley rounded up a group of people. Al called and both Frerin and Dis were there.

Dis said, “Not all of the girls are here. We will not start until they are all here.”

Frerin said, “One of the boys is missing too.”

The Prefects went out to corral the missing people.

When they were all back together Al asked, “Why did you attack us?”

No one answered.

Scorpius repeated Al’s question, “Why were Rose and Cleopatra, Albus and I attacked? I don’t think he should return the wands until we have some sort of answer.”

Tom said, “We don’t like you, Potter, or you, you shame on the Malfoy name.”

“Where is my wand?” Albus asked.

Two of the boys had pieces of Albus’s old wand. They gave them to Albus.

“Where is the rest of my wand?” Albus asked.

Tom Higgy said, “We were going to destroy your wand. I borrowed a wand and destroyed my piece of your wand.”

Al asked, “Who told you to destroy my wand?”

Tom R. Hanley looked around at everybody, and no one said anything.

“You need to get to the bottom of this, Al,” Scorpius said.

Al whispered to Scorpius, “Let it go. I will tell you more later.”

Albus had his list of students, and spent some time identifying each person there. Finally he said, “If we are not attack again I will not report any of you, The Hogwarts Elves know what happened, however. I am sure they will tell if anything happens to us.”

Albus gave back the wands, and everybody left. Al knew he had not begun to understand what had happened, and why. There was something about the timing of the attack that left him very unsettled. He really ought to report the attack, but then the subject of the wand would come up, and Albus was not sure he wanted anyone else to take too good a look at the wand in his hand.

Albus looked at the wand again. He thought there was a picture of Albus Dumbledore in the tablet with the fifty books in it, and after a little work he did find a picture of Professor Dumbledore with his wand. It sure looked like the same wand. Albus knew this was the Elder Wand, the Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny.

Albus was reasonably sure his father never intended him to have THIS wand, but his father had never said, “Any wand but the Elder Wand.” Maybe, if he hid which wand it was, and kept using it, the wand would so obviously become his wand that he could keep it. Albus felt sneaky. Maybe he did belong in Slytherin. That explains why it came when I said ‘Accio Albus’s wand,’ thought Al. It is, or was, Albus’s wand, first Dumbledore’s, and then his. It felt like it was, or was going to be, his wand.


The next morning the four friends met after breakfast. Al had them follow him into a small classroom and sealed the room.

Al said, “When my wand was taken, I Summoned my wand. My wand was broken, and it did not come, but this wand came instead.”

Everyone had to look at the wand that Al had called. It was thicker than most wands, with a lot of ancient tracing on it. It looked old enough to have belonged to Merlin.

Al said, “I think this is the Elder Wand, Albus Dumbledore’s wand. I really do not want anyone to know which wand this is, or to be able to use it.”

Rose said, “Are you sure you should keep that wand? Where did it come from?”

Al said, “It came to me when I called, and so the wand feels it is my wand. I am told that the wand chooses the wizard, and this wand choose me. Unless I can find a better wand I am going to keep using it.”

Rose said, “Are you going to tell everybody you have the Elder Wand, the Deathstick? I read somewhere that Antioch Peverall actually stole the Elder Wand from Merlin’s grave, and invented The Tale of the Three Brothers to hide his theft. There are legends that the Elder Wand is actually the first wand ever made.

“Of course there are other legends that say that magic came from the witches, and that the Elder Wand is only the second wand.”

Albus looked at Scorpius, showing him the wand. Scorpius said, “Rose and I have been trying to read some of the oldest history books. Rose may be right. Some of the books say magic came from the witches, or from someone or something that gave it to witches first, and then wizards. The English in the books is old and hard to read, and I do not think anyone has read those books in hundreds of years.”

Al said, “I am not going to tell anyone what wand I think this is, but whatever wand it is it came to me, and it feels like it is the right wand for me, and I AM going to keep it. I really ought to disguise the wand, and somehow protect it so no one else can use it.”

“It would not hurt to protect all our wands,” Rose said. “Especially after yesterday’s attack.”

Al said, “Do you know the right spells to use?”

“I think I can find the right spell easier by using the Wizard’s World Wide Web,” Rose said. “Let’s go to the modern classrooms.”

The four walked through the passageway that led to the modern classrooms. The hallway led to what looked like a modern office building some miles away, connected to the electrical grid and the internet. It had lots of magical meters so students could practice not “leaking” so much magical energy that they would mess up the electronics in the building. There were always some students, raised in totally magical households, that took over a year to be able to sit at a keyboard or use a mobile phone, so the each room in the building had as much magical shielding as could be built. Each computer in the library was in its own shielded room, and the four students went into one of the rooms, which adjusted itself to be big enough for four as they went in.

Cleo and Scorpius had been raised in an old mansion without any electricity, but Ginny Potter had stressed at one home school meeting how important it was to be able to use modern electrical and electronic products, so Scorpius and Cleo had practiced controlling their magic at a classroom building in London. The classroom was in a complex of about four very old factories, all owned by either the Ministry of Magic or the Harry Potter Estates.

Cleo worked hard to control her magic, but in the end she had to stay outside the room with the computer because the electricity and electronics did not work properly.

Rose found a series of spells that would cause anyone other than the rightful owner of a wand to feel some sensation when picking up a wand. The spells ranged from a slight tingling to intense pain. All could be reversed. They practiced on all the wands. It was interesting to all of them that the wand that Scorpius had, the one that had belonged to his father, did respond to the spells. It was now obviously his wand, the right wand for Scorpius.

The spells also worked perfectly for Al’s wand. Al was very nervous about the wand. There was something very strange about how he had come to possess it, but obviously the wand wanted him to be its master, since the spells worked so well. In the end Rose and Scorpius had spells on their wands that would let someone else use the wand, but there would be a tingling. Cleo’s wand had always been hard for anyone but Cleo to use, and it was even harder for Rose to use it. Scorpius could not even touch it, but Al still had no problem using it. Al had a reasonably powerful spell on his wand. Rose or Scorpius could use it, but it really hurt. Cleo seemed to be able to use it without any pain at all, but when Rose had Cleo try to take it without Al’s permission she could not make herself touch it. That was a sign to Rose and Scorpius of the bond developing between Al and Cleo.

Al and Rose found a spell that would make the wand look sort of like one of the wands that Al had been using, smaller than the wand actually was, and without the unique balls that were on the wand. For some reason the wand looked so natural in Al’s hand that no one looked at it all that closely, almost like the wand wanted to be used by Al without drawing any attention to itself.


The next time they were alone together Al showed Cleo the Elder Wand. She touched it, and said, “This wand is as masculine as mine is feminine. I do not think most females would want to use it.” She waved it around and stars came out of the end, just like she intended. She gave Al her wand, and they reasonably quickly gave each other back their own wand.

“You have permission to use my wand if you have to, without defeating me,” Albus said.

“You have permission to use my wand, if you have to,” Cleo said.

The wands glowed.

Al had always been good with wand work, but with the new wand he was exceptional. Every wand spell was easy, and most of them could be done silently with only a little practice. He also felt like the wand was teaching him how to modify spells to do more than he was being taught. Once he had mastered a spell he could touch Cleo or Scorpius’s wand and lead them through hard spells and they could usually learn them. Rose almost never needed Al’s help, and did not want to admit she ever needed it. She wanted to learn everything on her own. There were a couple of extensions of spells, however, that she could not master without Al’s help. Even without the wand the four students were exceptional, but Al’s wand certainly took them to another level.
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear