Search:

SIYE Time:14:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Albus Potter and the Deathly Hallows
By JetLaBarge

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 77
Summary: Albus has his challenges during his first year. Cleopatra is obviously his soulmate, and has brilliant insights into magic, except she cannot do it like anyone else. Albus has to help her while keeping peace between the two brightest and most competitive students at Hogwarts, Scorpius and Rose. It doesn’t help that people are out to get Albus. Harry is not sure he can keep everyone safe. Then you have Ginny and Cleopatra.



Hitcount: Story Total: 79043; Chapter Total: 1645
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I have lost my most excellent Beta, Arnel, who is on to other projects. Thank you, Arnel, for all your work, including your work on these two final chapters. FriendofMolly has also disappeared. I am in need of more beta readers.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Duck, lie flat,” yelled Albus as he dropped down, lying flat on the walk next to the wall.
Everyone in the group except one of the Aurors dropped to below the top of the wall. The one Auror was facing away from the explosion when she was hit by a couple of pieces of whatever it was that exploded. The Auror fell to the ground, obviously wounded. She activated an emergency Portkey, and was transported to the local hospital.

Albus pointed out, “We ate at the same place, at the same time, each day. That was stupid! We are going to have to vary our routine.”

Within moments a large number of Swiss Aurors were surrounding the children and those who were with them, and more were going over the restaurant. Everyone was told to stay where they were, and the group all stood or sat right where they had been when the explosion went off, as Aurors and others from the Swiss Department of Magical Law Enforcement swarmed around them.

*

Harry was in a meeting with Raphael Vaud, who had just been promoted to the head of the Swiss Aurors, and his predecessor, Gabriel Habsburg, when an alarm went off. Raphael looked at his wall, where both a computer monitor and two parchments were flashing red.

“We have just had an Auror killed,” Raphael announced, looking at a large parchment with many names on it. “One wounded as well.”

“That is close to where the children are,” Harry stated. “Albus and his friends are here.” As he said this he pointed to a map showing where the trouble was. The castle and a restaurant were on the map, as well as a red mark that indicated something. Harry could see the names of Albus and his friends on the map between the castle and the restaurant. “I would like to go there. I’m worried that someone may have tried to kill Albus and Cleopatra.”

Raphael stated, “Gabriel, if you will stay here and see what else we need to do, I will accompany Harry to the scene.”

“Go,” Gabriel replied. “You need to be on the scene before talking to Ann’s husband.”

Raphael told Harry, “We can take a shortcut to here,” pointing to a corner of the castle, “and then walk to where the children and others are. I would rather do that, and look at the scene, instead of Apparating into the middle of the action.”

Harry followed Raphael through a short series of shortcuts. They came out on the main floor of the castle, and through a door that looked like an ordinary cupboard door. As they walked towards the students and others Harry said, “They seem to have most of the wall down.”

“My grandchildren have been making flags,” Raphael mentioned. “They all seem to agree that if we have to have a queen then they want Cleopatra.”

Harry had no idea how to respond to that remark. He mentally changed the subject, trying to see evidence of the explosion, and did see a few places on the mountain side with what looked like recent impacts.

When Harry reached the students he asked, “Were you going to that restaurant?”

Albus grumbled, “We’ve been going to that restaurant every day.”

“Where do you usually sit?” Harry inquired.

“We usually sit close to the wall,” Albus replied, “so we can look at the castle and the valley.”

One of the Aurors pointed out, “The package the Auror was carrying had been placed right there,” pointing to a place along the wall that two Aurors were examining. “If it had exploded there everyone sitting there would have been killed.”

“What happened to the Auror who had the bag” Albus asked.

“She was killed in the explosion,” Harry replied. “She saved your lives and the lives of many people.”

“It is because of me, isn’t it,” Albus queried. “Maybe I should just hide away, so no one will have to suffer and die, just to protect me.”

“It is not your fault, Albus,” Harry responded. “You have things you have to do. We are just going to have to be more careful.”

“Do you know who planted the bomb?” Albus asked.

“No,” Harry replied. “We are examining memories. I wish we had video cameras that worked in magical space. The goblins and some of the Magi here are working on it, but so far the best they can do is shield a Muggle camera with that magical shielding stuff, and there are things that Muggle cameras cannot see.”

Albus asked, “Would it help if you had a map with memory, like the one we used at Hogwarts to help prove Dragon Chen tried to kill James?”

Harry replied, “Yes, it would. Have you perfected it yet?”

Albus confessed, “Not really. We are not very good at making the maps record everything, and I don’t think Cleo and I could teach anyone else how to make it yet. Cleo contributes a unique spell, and I am trying to figure it out. She cannot begin to explain what she does. I hope to be able to do it by myself, and to teach others how to do it, by the end of the summer.”

Raphael went over to see the reporters, Brenda Starr, Jimmy Olsen, and several others. He told them, “It looks like a bomb was planted in the restaurant. One of the Swiss Aurors was moving it when it exploded, costing her her life. The Swiss Auror Department will have a more thorough announcement tomorrow.

“The Swiss and International Aurors are investigating the incident. We will let you know when we have more information.”

Raphael refused to answer any questions. When the reporters asked none of the other people would talk either. Scorpius did say, “If I have any more information that I can reveal tomorrow, I will.”

Harry turned to Sibylla and told her, “Please take everybody here back to the castle and have them eat in a dining room there.”

One of the Elves announced, “I will arrange.” He disappeared with a pop, and soon was back. “I lead you to the dining room.”

Shortly after the children, left a young Auror arrived. He went over to Raphael and asked, “I was told I needed to see you. Has Ann been hurt?”

Raphael responded, “Tom, there is no easy way to tell you. A bomb was planted in the restaurant, hidden in a bag Ann took the bag containing the bomb and we think was flying it over to a place where it could be safely examined when it exploded, killing her.”

Tom uttered, “Dead? May I see her?”

Raphael admitted, “There is no body, nothing left. What fragments we found are scattered all over. We have tried to find all the body parts we could, and all we have so far are a few fragments.

“You are on fully paid leave for the next week, and longer if you need it. I am so very sorry.”

“I need to let the family know,” Tom muttered. “The oldest two are with some cousins at my grandmother’s, and the baby, our two-year-old, is with one of Ann’s great-great grandparents.”

Raphael gently told Tom, “Please, if you need anything, let us know. Please let us know when the funeral service is, and if you want Aurors as an honor guard.”

Head bent low, tears just starting, Tom walked off the plaza.

Raphael turned toward Harry, inquiring, “Harry, have you had to tell someone their spouse or child was dead?”

“Phillip Fletcher,” Harry replied. “He was killed when we captured the last of the Death Eaters. I probably should not have let him accompany the other Aurors; he was a little fool-hardy. I had to tell his twin sister and their parents.

“I’ve also been involved in telling the parents of some of our International Aurors when they were killed or wounded. It is not easy. I don’t think it ever should be easy.”

*

After lunch Albus and his friends were back in the plaza. There was another group of students that afternoon. There were more guards, and they were more obvious, but otherwise the afternoon was normal.

*

Friday morning Ginny woke up suddenly. She had been dreaming, a most disturbing dream. She had never had such a vivid dream. In it Albus was holding something very important, as important as the last Horcrux was to defeating Tom Riddle. Albus looked as bad as Harry did just after Harry had defeated Tom Riddle, worse in fact. Cleopatra was holding a dead baby, her dead baby, Ginny’s grandchild, and was beyond grief. In the background there was more death and chaos than Ginny had ever seen, vastly more than at Hogwarts.

Harry was already gone, and Ginny heard Minerva starting to fuss, and Mitzi talking to her as she changed her. Mitzi gave Ginny baby Minerva, gently whispering, “Minerva is changed, and ready to feed.”

Ginny put the baby on her breast, and cried. She could not imagine losing her baby. She was scared for Albus, and Cleo, and Rose. She was scared for James, who had been injured, and the baby at her breast. She was even scared for Scorpius Malfoy. After Minerva was fed, and she had eaten, she was going to go up to the plaza and talk to Sibylla, the prophetess.

*

Thursday night the four students talked about the attack, but they did not get any additional information. So on Friday morning Scorpius told the assembled reporters, “The attack is still under investigation. We talked to Mr. Potter and a couple of other people last night, but they were not sure who carried out the attack. They are also not sure if it was aimed at a specific person or group. There are people out there who just seem to want to cause chaos.

“I am telling all I know for sure.”

The reporters were not satisfied, but no one else would talk to them, and Scorpius did not reveal any additional information.

*

Sibylla was sitting in a chair watching the children when Ginny, pushing a pram with Minerva in it, appeared. Minerva stood up, duplicated the chair, and motioned for Ginny to sit down. Mitzi the Elf took out her own stool and sat down beside them.

“How are you, Sibylla?” Ginny asked.

“I think I’m pregnant, Ginny,” a radiant Sibylla replied, “It is way too early to tell, but Cleopatra did a spell over me, in the fountain, and somehow all the tension that Hermes and I have been feeling when we have been trying for a baby just went away. We have had a couple of fantastic nights of loving each other, not just sex but that’s been really good too, and for the first time in our twenty-year marriage I just feel good about myself and us.

“It is like a prophecy that you are almost sure is going to come true, and then it does. Sometimes you can just feel it. The healers did confirm a fertilized egg this morning, and I do not think we have ever gotten that far.

“How are you?”

Ginny pondered how to answer Sibylla. “Worried. Of course, the attack bothers me. This is not the first time someone has tried to kill Albus.

“I had a horrible dream last night. Albus and Cleopatra had won a big battle, but Cleo was holding her dead baby, and the battle scene was worse than at Hogwarts, many times worse. It was not a normal dream. I’m scared for Albus and Cleo.”

“Where were they?” Sibylla asked.

“Coming out of a cave, or some tunnel, or something. I know they were in the Himalayan Mountains, but I don’t know how I know.”

“What was Albus carrying?”

“A globe, a crystal ball, a real important crystal ball.”

“How do you know that?”

Ginny looked at Sibylla puzzled. “I have no idea how I know this much about the dream. It is almost as if it is not a dream, but a future memory. It is really strange. It is terrifying, really. I know there is terrible death and destruction, much worse than at The Battle of Hogwarts.”

Sibylla confirmed, “It sounds like it could be a prophesy.”

Ginny looked at Sibylla, close to crying. Sibylla took Ginny’s hand, and confessed, “I wish I had some comforting words, Ginny. They are destined for this. Look at them.”

Albus and Cleopatra were finishing up the plaza, changing the colors of the stones, making minor changes that, in total, made the plaza and castle a very inviting place. It was close to being a fairy tale castle. Rose was fully involved in the discussions about color and all the little details. Scorpius was just writing things down, trying to document what was being done, why, and at times by whom. Sibylla confided in Ginny, “Albus tries to say that there is no certainty that he will be the next king of the Magi, but look at Al and Cleo. They are supremely comfortable here. They both love this place.

“We, the prophets, need to talk to you about prophecy. If this is a prophecy, then it is very important how you handle it. Tell the subject of a prophecy too much and they can try to force the prophecy to come true, with disastrous results.”

“Can they try and force something bad not to come true?” Ginny asked.

“That doesn’t usually work out either,” Sibylla responded. “Let me give you an example. Have you heard the prophecy about the next queen and the flags?”

Ginny dug way back in her memory. “I think the second year Harry and I were here there was a prophecy about the next queen and the flags.”

“And did you ever tell Cleo about that prophecy?” Sibylla inquired.

“Oh, no,” Ginny exclaimed. “I had forgotten about it. Besides, why should I tell her? I’m not trying to … I’m not really trying to … Oh, Sibylla, I have no idea what I am doing with those two. It is sort of like when Harry first visited, and Mum and Dad all but adopted him. I feel like I’ve gone from three children to five. I’ve told Cleo she can call me Mum Ginny, and I think she’s already part of our family. Can you and the prophets help me, help Harry and me, know what to do?”

Sibylla explained, “If you had told Cleo about the prophecy she may have been looking for a chance to make flags, or do something to make the prophecy come true. If she had, she may have missed the natural evolution of herself and the children, it being forced or even not working, instead of the flags and the connection she has with the children coming as naturally as it has.

“When it comes to your dream, or whatever it is, we can examine it, to see if we think it is a prophecy. We can tell you what to reveal, if anything, and to whom. Beyond that you just have to do what you have to do. Love is never a bad thing.”

“Can we please talk to the other prophets today,” Ginny implored.

“I will see if I can arrange a meeting after dinner tonight,” Sibylla replied.

*

Cleo was talking to fraternal twins, Lea and Luca. Albus had just finished the wall, and he went over to Cleo and looked at the flags, naturally holding hands with her while he was looking.

Lea said, “Miss Cleopatra, I want you to be our new queen.”

Luca said, “Just like a girl, Lea! She cannot be our queen unless she marries our next king.”

Lea responded, “Albus’s father is the Regent, so Albus, you can be the next king, and if you marry Cleopatra, she can be our next queen. It’s just that simple.”

Cleo looked at Albus with that sappy, loving look and just beamed.

Al pondered a moment, before saying, “I wish it all was just that simple. I am all in favor of marrying Cleo, but we are way too young, and there is no guarantee that I will be the next king. Slow down.

“Besides, who says the next ruling couple will be a king and queen.”

Lea said, “But Miss Cleopatra is already making the valley nicer, with the flags, and getting rid of that stupid wall, and changing the look of that grim old place,” pointing at the castle, “and everything.”

Cleo protested, “None of the flags are my design. You, all of you students, are making the valley nicer.”

Both Brenda Starr and Jimmy Olsen were close at hand, and Albus took the reporters and Scorpius aside and said, “I know that my father is the Regent, and that many people are talking about me being the next king or ruler. Please do not put anything about that in the papers. There is no guarantee that I will be the next ruler, and publicizing speculations about it will not help.

“If you do not mention anything about Cleo and me being the next king and queen, or the next rulers, I will ask Scorpius to keep you informed about what we are doing, and the rest of us will talk to you. If you start speculating about what we do not know we will stop talking to you and ask the Aurors to keep you away.”

Brenda scowled, saying, “I do want to put in the paper that your Cleopatra seems to have won over the hearts of the children of the valley.”

“That’s pretty hard to hide,” Albus admitted. “You may write that.” As soon as he said that Albus was worried about just what the reporters would write, and what they would imply.

“I may not be able to say you are going to be the next king, but you are sure acting like it,” Brenda retorted.

Ginny and Sibylla heard the whole conversation. Sibylla told Ginny, “They are fated to do this.”

Ginny replied, “I guess I know that, and it terrifies me.”

*

As usual, Albus and his friends went to dinner in a large dining room at the castle, the same dining room Harry and Ginny were eating in, and this night they ate at the same table. Baby Minerva was in a small cot next to the table, and Mitzi the Elf was eating with them. Harry looked at the four, and then at Albus, and explained, “They are holding a funeral for the Auror who was killed. She was Christian, and they are holding a funeral mass. I think it would be a good idea for the four of you to go, and to express your condolences to her husband and her three children.”

“How old are her children?” asked Cleo.

Harry replied, “She has a boy, twelve, and two daughters, one ten, the other just two. Her husband is also an Auror. He is going to be transferring to mostly desk work, to keep him out of danger. The Swiss Aurors do not want to risk something happening to the children’s father.”

“When is the service?” asked Albus.

“The visiting starts at seven, and I would try to get there shortly after seven,” Harry replied. “We will be there, and want the four of you to come with us. The service starts at eight, and should be over by nine. They want to have everything taken care of before the International Conference starts tomorrow.”

Scorpius demurred, “I do not think I am going to be your spokesperson for this visiting.”

Albus agreed, responding, “No, it is important that I do this myself.”

Ginny spoke to Harry, reminding him that they had a meeting with the prophets after the funeral.

When they were done with dinner all four students went back to their rooms. Scorpius changed into a dress robe. Albus wore a sports jacket over Muggle dress clothes. Cleo and Rose wore dresses. The four children met Harry, who was carrying Minerva, and Ginny. Together they went to the main cathedral in the valley. Like most of the buildings in the valley it was partly on the mountain and partly in it, on the lowest main road, not too far from the castle. There was a secure passageway for the rulers of the valley, and with Elf and Auror guards, the group was escorted through the private passageway and into the cathedral.

Harry and Ginny were first, and Albus and Cleo followed, holding hands. Rose and Scorpius brought up the rear, for a change silent and not talking. Together they expressed their condolences to the family of Ann, the Auror who had been killed.

Shortly after the group had finished meeting Ann’s family Ginny whispered to Harry, “I have to nurse Minerva.”

Harry led the group over to a corner of the hall where they were meeting, where Ginny sat down with Minerva.

Cleo asked, “May I watch?”

Ginny motioned Cleo over, and did a quick privacy spell around the three of them. She then exposed a breast, and Cleo watched as Minerva latched on. Ginny then undid the privacy spell, telling Cleo, “I will do another privacy spell when Minerva has to switch sides.”

Cleo asked, “Why did you stop having children after Lily was born?”

Ginny pondered this, then replied, “I had six years of being pregnant or nursing, and I had a one-year-old, a three-year-old, and a five-year-old. I was also working as a reporter for the Daily Prophet, and being the wife of Harry Potter carries with it some additional duties and responsibilities. I needed a break.”

“Do you like being a mother?” Cleo inquired.

“Very much,” Ginny responded. “I do worry about my children, though. I worry that something will happen to them. It was real hard when James was injured.”

Cleo replied, “I thought they could heal his scars.”

“One at a time,” Ginny stated. “It is going to take hours and hours of spell work to heal all the scars. James says he wants the worst of them healed, but he is not sure if it is worth it healing all of them.

“Some scars never heal, Cleo. You can learn to live with them, and even be happy, but you never get over them.”

“Are you happy,” Cleo asked.

“I think I’m very happy, Cleo,” Ginny assured Cleo. “I have the most loving husband a woman could ever want. I am surrounded by a loving family. The head injury that ended my Quidditch career will never go away, but I have enough help to manage the lack of balance and even a few memory issues.

“There have been a many more happy times than bad times. Besides, I think happiness is partly a choice. Why be unhappy?”

Ginny put up the privacy spell again, and took Minerva off her breast. She patted the baby’s back until a little burp came out, and then put her on the other breast before taking the privacy spell off.

“I’m glad to be shaped like a girl,” Cleo said, feeling her curves with her hands, “even if I am fat. I feel more comfortable talking to you because you are shaped like a mother too. You and grandmother Weasley just feel more comfortable and motherly to me.”

Ginny confided in Cleo, “I am glad I am shaped like a girl too, although I took some potions to make me curvier, and kind of overdid it, with this pregnancy. Mr. Potter likes me better this way than he did when I was real thin. I think I’m fat, well, I know I am kind of fat. I was not fat when I was at Hogwarts, although I did have nice hips, and nice breasts, not too big but not too small either.”

“I’m a lot heavier than you were,” Cleo explained, “so I know I am not thin. I might as well have big breasts to go along with these huge hips.”

Ginny was not sure how to respond to Cleo. Cleo was a little heavy, with very large hips and really big breasts for a twelve-and-a-half-year-old girl. She had a very defined waist, although it was not thin.

When Ginny was done nursing, she let Cleo hold Minerva. Cleo’s obvious joy in holding the baby was touching, but also troubling. Ginny thought Cleo wanted children a little too eagerly, and the image of Cleo holding her dead baby would continue to haunt Ginny.

Despite wanting to meeting with the prophets as soon as possible, by the time the church service was over and Harry and Ginny were back at the castle she was too tired. “Minerva is not close to sleeping through the night,” Ginny yawned. “I forgot just how tired you get, and stay, until they sleep through the night.” The meeting with the prophets would have to wait until after the International Conference of Witches and Wizards.
Reviews 77
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear