Search:

SIYE Time:8:05 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Opposing Movement
By BigFatMaybe

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Sexual Situations, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Rating: R
Reviews: 86
Summary: Christmas, 1993. Harry Potter is spotted in the company of wanted fugitive Sirius Black, and is forced on a dark, treacherous path. Pursued from all directions by a Ministry intent on capturing him, and the ever-persistent threat of a seemingly immortal Voldemort on the horizon, the road ahead will be dangerous, and the toll will be higher than ever before…
Hitcount: Story Total: 30773; Chapter Total: 2408







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was now a few weeks after Harry, Ginny and Sirius arrived here, and things now started to settle into a rhythm. The perpetual smell of smoke, fire, wood and leather quietly faded into the background, and Harry tentatively became used to the incredibly short days and very long nights. At least the sun came up now. Melchior handled the household with a strict schedule, which meant that their days all looked roughly the same: breakfast at eight, classes started at nine thirty and lasted well into the afternoon, dinner at six in the evening, and Harry and Ginny went to bed at around ten.

After Melchior was satisfied with Harry and Ginny's ability to cast and use the disillusionment charm, he started teaching them ways of attacking people behind their backs without causing alarm. While some spells took a while for them to master, they generally breezed through the lessons the hunched man taught them with ease.

Both Harry and Ginny were very used to sneaking around, Ginny by stealing her brothers' brooms at night to go flying, and Harry because of his nightly trips through Hogwarts. This helped them pick up Melchior's methods rather quickly.

Sirius looked progressively healthier. His teeth lost their black and yellow colours and grew straight again, his hair, which was a mess when they arrived here, was beyond saving and one day Melchior found it enough. He took Sirius into the bathroom one morning, and when they emerged from it again Sirius had lost most of his hair. Harry found it a strange sight, seeing his godfather with crew cut hair, but after little more than a week it was almost as long as it used to be on the pictures in Harry's old photo album.

"Hair of witches and wizards grows a lot quicker if you want it to," Sirius explained when Harry asked him about it.

"I've noticed," Harry said, remembering that time when he was five. His aunt, frustrated with Harry's mess of hair, simply shaved everything off except for his fringe, to hide his scar. Not that it helped much. The next day it had all grown back as if nothing had ever happened to it.

Selene was persistent in taking Harry, Ginny, and Sirius out of the house regularly. After they had seen all the sights in the immediate vicinity of the house, including panorama of the surrounding mountaintops that could only be reached by climbing up a steep hill that was slippery from all the snow, she started teaching them some useful things here and there. One of them was fishing.

"No wands,” she’d said to them sternly. “If you lose your wand one day and don't know how to gather food, you're fucked." It quickly became clear that Selene was fairly cheerful and kind most of the time, yet swore colourfully all the same. Her favourite word was 'fuck', and she used that in any shape or form available.

Harry still didn’t quite understand her. She could be very cheerful and light-hearted one moment and get incredibly angry the next, especially when Melchior ordered her to do something. And then there was the awkward conversation she and Harry had about Ginny.

Still, Ginny slowly warmed up to the girl. He noticed their friendship the first time when he tried entering their room one day. He was met by loud music and two very irate girls shouting at him to get out. Harry was amazed at the united front they made.

Melchior continued talking about himself during and after dinner, but he progressed at an almost agonizingly slow pace, going over as much details as he could. Harry couldn’t bring himself to care about how Melchior’s father sent angry letters at the local government of Norwich or the things he used to do when he was a Prefect or Head Boy at Hogwarts, and he was relieved when the man finally finished talking about his school career after a week or two. Especially Sirius was quite vocal in questioning why exactly Melchior spent so much time telling them about extraneous details. Melchior himself didn’t seem bothered at all with his guests’ impatience.

"What’s the hurry?" He'd said, leaning back in chair as much as his crooked back allowed. "I was serious when I told you to learn to have patience, Sirius. We have all the time we need. We'll get there eventually, don't you worry."

Harry gradually found his stress ebbing away. Everything seemed very far away in their house. The ministry, Hogwarts, Voldemort, Daphne… Everything slipped into the background almost unnoticed and Harry gradually stopped feeling like an outcast, and more like he was supposed to feel: like a thirteen year old boy. Everything went so smoothly and Melchior's relaxed attitude was so infectious that he never had the chance to think about the hardships that lay ahead, and he never considered the fact that this would all end soon.

{}---{}---{}

"All right," Melchior said during breakfast a few weeks into January. "I think we've had enough lessons indoors. What do you say about an excursion?"

"Where to?" Sirius asked, eying the window. Harry, who felt toasty warm and still a bit tired so early in the morning, didn't feel much for going outside either. The sun wasn't up yet. There wasn't even a glow of dawn to be seen.

"A couple of places. It's all in the name of education of course, but I wanted to show you the protections around the house, and the way you arrived here as well. You were curious about that, were you not?"

"Yes, we were," Sirius said, now sounding a lot more enthusiastic. Harry wasn't.

"Excellent, well, Ginny, Harry, finish your breakfast and we'll head out."

A while later Melchior led Sirius, Selene, Ginny and Harry into the forest behind the house. It was completely silent outside, and a pale, ghostly moon shone through the clouds, illuminating the snowy forest and making Ginny's red hair look like wildfire in the night. Harry was cold, but grateful that it wasn't snowing for once.

"…six, seven, eight… two to the right, and…" Melchior pointed his wand to the floor right in front of him. A small circle of snow melted, and when Harry peeked closer he could see the forest floor rumbling and cracking open. A fist-sized stone suddenly shot from the soil of leaves, needles, branches and dirt, and landed in Melchior's waiting hand.

"You actually did it in one," Selene remarked. She turned to Harry, Ginny and Sirius. "Last time he was out here for fifteen minutes trying to remember where he left it," she said to them in a staged whisper.

Melchior showed no clear reaction. He brushed his greying black hair out of his face and held out the thing he was holding to the others. It was a large, blood-red stone, only slightly opaque, and it had thick, ugly scratches everywhere on the surface. It had no particular shape, either.

"This here is almandine," he said. 'It's a type of garnet, which is a collective name for a lot of types of minerals. And this stone here is the very reason why our house is so safe."

"It's a ward stone?" Sirius asked in a surprised tone.

"Yes, you could call it that," Melchior replied.

"What's a ward stone?" Harry asked.

"A good question, Harry," Melchior said. "What do you remember from our lessons on protections and wards?"

Harry took a moment to recall what he learned about it last week. "Wards protect a place from the outside. And then you've got a lot of different types of them."

"Simple and incomplete, but to the point, yes. The wards I showed you during those lessons were cast by me, but without any object to tie them to that specific place, or even this world, which makes them rather vulnerable and very finite in nature. That is where these things come into play," Melchior said. He handed the stone to Sirius, who held it close to his eye for inspection.

"You can see that it hasn't got a definite shape, nor any recognizable patterns on the outside. Can any of you tell me why that is a desirable trait of a ward stone?"

No one answered. Sirius handed the stone to Ginny for her to inspect.

"No one?" Melchior asked.

"It's sturdier that way," Sirius said then.

"Very good. Got any experience with ward stones then, Sirius?"

"A bit. My father taught me and Regulus a bit of family magic when we were younger, but I don't remember much of it."

"Interesting. Your brother became a Death Eater later in his life, did he not?" Melchior asked. Harry tore his gaze from the stone and looked up at Sirius in surprise. He hadn't told him this yet, and he seemed quite uncomfortable now. But that could also be because of the cold.

"Yes, he did. Never heard of him again after he left Hogwarts," Sirius said.

Melchior nodded. "Well, your answer was correct. Stones that have structural deformation, or simply called cleavage…" Harry and Sirius sniggered. "…tend to do a poor job of protecting you. On top of that, any faults, weaknesses and fractures show in the wards too. So when a curse breaker comes along, maybe accompanied by a group of Death Eaters, they merely have to detect those faults in the wards and split it right open along them. Not good. And that's why this stone is so good. Yes, it does have scratches, but they're only on the surface. There are no seams in the wards, no weaknesses for the enemy to take advantage of."

"Why are there so many scratches on the surface, then?" Harry asked, somewhat dreading the answer.

"Part of it is because it isn't refined. I find unrefined minerals a lot more pleasant to work with, you see. It's more powerful that way, more intuitive, I think."

"And…?" Sirius asked.

"Well, there have been a couple of attacks on this place. The war wasn't over when we first started living in here, and I was quite the target. Any attacks on the wards imprint themselves on the stone itself, you see. To the outside world, the area you've warded is embedded within the stone itself. That's also..." He trailed off when he saw that Harry, Ginny and Sirius were staring at him wide-eyed.

"Just how secure is this house again?" Sirius demanded.

"Oh, more than secure enough. They never succeeded in entering, and the attacks stopped after Voldemort disappeared. Don't worry about it." Seeing no change in their expressions, Melchior continued. "Look, the protections are fine. More than that, even. We're far away from civilization and only a handful of Death Eaters know about this place, and they haven't been active for over twelve years now. No official institutions know this address either, so don't expect any Aurors or tax collectors to show up either. You're safe here."

"But-" Harry began.

"I'm quite good with silencing charms. Don't make me use them," Melchior warned. Harry closed his mouth immediately.

"So how can you transfer magic onto the stone, then?" Sirius asked then, probably seeing the futility of pressing Melchior. "I've never really understood that part."
Melchior accepted the stone back from Harry before he answered.

"That's the interesting part of it. I'll explain a bit more about that when we're done with our little excursion later, alright?" He buried the stone again, and with a few subtle swipes of the wand, there was no trace of it anymore. It was like he'd never dug into the snow at all. As they walked away from there, Harry noticed that their footsteps disappeared behind them too. Only a person who knew where to look might be able find the ward stone, and even then it would be hard.

He looked in front of him again, but tripped and fell over a rock hidden beneath the snow.

“Mind the cleavage, Harry,” Sirius laughed as he helped Harry up again.

"Everyone in the car," Melchior ordered after Harry had dusted the snow off his clothes.

"Can I drive?" Selene asked cheerfully.

"Not downhill. Perhaps on the way back." Selene pouted, but didn't protest as she got into the passenger seat.

Melchior put his backpack in the trunk while Harry, Ginny, and Sirius slid into the back seats.

"Is there an enlargement charm on the car?" Ginny asked.

"No, there isn't. This is a Range Rover, Ginny. We don't need one on this bad boy," Selene said from the passenger seat, tapping the dashboard fondly.

"Oh, really? Dad had a Ford Anglia, and he charmed the stuffing out of that. It had an enlargement charm, an invisibility button, it could fly…"

"Really?" Selene said as Melchior turned the key and the engine roared to life. "We've only got some anti-slip charms on this one, you know. But that was only because it wouldn’t get up the hills here without them. It might be a good idea to make it fly, too. Gives you a bit of security when you slip off the road and fall into the ravine, doesn't it?" At that precise moment they went around a corner, and Harry gripped his arm rest tightly.

"So what kind of car is this then? What's a range rover?" Ginny asked.

"It's a Range Rover 3.9 with a V8 engine. Range Rover is just the name of the car. Do you know what a V8 engine is?" Selene asked. Ginny shook her head. "It's a kind of engine that has a V-shape. You've got the one crank pin which makes the pistons move, but instead of a normal engine, this crankshaft handles both the ends of the piston in the V-shape, and…" the two girls continued talking about the car, and Harry trailed off. He found himself staring out of the window more and more the longer he sat there, trying to ignore how close together he and Ginny were sitting. It was still dark outside, but a grey glow over the mountains ahead of them showed that the sun would soon come out from behind cover.

But for now they were here, driving along the ridges of the steep ravine. The sharp, jagged, enormous mountains surrounded them on all sides, silent but omnipresent. The roaring of their large car and the crunching of the snow under the tires were probably the only things breaking the silence of this place.

Melchior told them of a small rural village nearby, and Harry wondered where it was, because the ravine and valley below looked devoid of any human life. The road they were on only had a couple of faded tracks, probably from the first time they arrived here.

"Not a fan of cars, Harry?" Ginny asked then.

"What?" Harry blinked and tore his gaze away from the window. "Oh, erm, I don't really know much about how they work. Uncle Vernon never really let me near his car, other than to clean it for him. And we don't really discuss cars in Hogwarts, do we?"

Ginny and Sirius looked at him in anger, and Harry wondered whether he'd said something wrong.

"How often did he have you clean the car, then?" Ginny asked.

"Erm, depends. Once or twice a week, sometimes more, you know, when they gritted the roads in the winter. Then I had to scrub off all the salt. That was a right chore, actually."

"And you had to do it all by yourself?" Ginny pressed on.

"Well, yeah. Dudley wasn't going to do it, was he? Why do you ask?"

"Bastards," Sirius growled beside Ginny. "Harry, if there's one good thing that happened because of us being on the run, it's that you don't have to go back to them anymore. Why you were left there in the first place, I will never understand."

"Blood protection," Melchior answered for Harry. "And it was important too. You know what happened to the Longbottoms after the war had ended, don't you?"

"Yes, but was it worth having Harry grow up in that... in an environment like that?" Sirius challenged.

"Oh no, definitely not," Melchior said calmly. "There are loads more ways of protecting a house, as we've just seen. Those blood protections were good, but not unique in their kind. But Sirius is right, Harry, you probably won't go back there anymore. When the ministry made you an outlaw you were also evicted from any place of residence you had, and, if the protections of your aunt and uncle's house is anything like the protections I know, they were cancelled at that precise moment as well."

"Really?" Harry asked. He hadn't thought of this summer yet, but the prospect of not having to go back to his aunt and uncle made him happier than he'd been the past few weeks.

"I'm fairly certain. Anyway, we're almost here," Melchior said. Moments later he turned the wheel to the right, and they went off the so-called road into another deformed, almost invisible trail of tires.

"Long live anti-slip charms," Selene remarked as they went down a particularly steep hill. They stopped at the bottom and Melchior ordered them out of the car.

Harry looked around while their host grabbed his backpack from the boot. The grey sky he saw earlier had shifted into a red-orange glow. The sun was probably already up, but that was only behind the mountains. Not here.

The forest they were in consisted of many evergreens, the smaller ones, groaning under the weight of the snow, stood as crooked as Melchior walked, and everything as always was basked in that perpetual strange, blueish light.

"Follow me, everyone. It's still a short walk from here on," Melchior said. He shuffled ahead of them in a surprisingly fast tempo.

The trip was indeed short, but Harry still wondered how Selene managed to get their unconscious forms into the car when they arrived a few weeks before.

"Well, here we are. Gather round!" Melchior said then. Harry caught up with the others and stepped from behind Sirius to see where they were.

It was a small clearing in the forest, just as covered in snow as the rest of the world was, and bordered irregularly by leafless trees and some evergreens. In the middle of the clearing was a rock, barely visible above the snow.

Harry thought the place oddly silent. During their walk here, he'd heard the wind blowing through the trees and other more distant sounds coming from the mountains. Here, though, he heard nothing but the snow crunching under their boots, his own breath, and blood rushing in his ears. It felt strange here, like there was a lot more pressure on his ears than usual. He felt the hairs of his neck stand up.

Melchior swished his wand a few times and the snow around the rock melted away, exposing the boulder completely. There were faint red markings on it, and Harry could make out a strange semi-circle, surrounded by a mass of intricate lines, drawings, and runes from ancient times.

"Does everyone see it properly? Good! Let's call this a rune stone for now," he said. The enthusiasm in his voice was noticeable. "You'll find these things scattered around Scandinavia and in the places where the Normans used to emigrate and travel to, like Britain, Germany and islands in the northern Atlantic, like the Faeroe Islands. Even Greenland has one."

"This one here is about 900 years old. Does anyone know what was going on in Scandinavia around the turning of the millennium?" He asked the others. No one said anything. "No one? Alright: conversion to Christianity. Before 900 AD, Scandinavia, and especially areas further north and less reachable, like this place for example, were still very much pagan, you know, with Thor, Odin and Loki-"

"Oh yeah, Norse mythology!" Harry said brightly, recalling several history lessons when he still lived with the Dursleys.

"Exactly. We’ll skip the details. Christianity slowly spread, and with it came new traditions, but others remained.

The rune stones are part of a tradition that preceded the coming of Christianity. They think it started around the 4th of 5th century, but you never know with that. Those same historians think magic doesn't exist, so who knows what else they're wrong about? Anyway, most rune stones are simply a memorial to someone who died. They had a fancy text slapped on, a rhyme to remember the deceased, and that was it. Sounds fairly straightforward, doesn't it?"

"Yes," came the chorused reply.

"And that's where this mystery comes in. You see, most, if not all rune stones can be found much, much further south. About 800 kilometres away from here in fact. And now we get to the core of our mystery: what's a rune stone doing here, in the middle of an area that has been only inhabited by Sami people? And they definitely don't make rune stones by the way, nor did they ever use a runic script like you can just about make out on this boulder."

"Maybe someone dragged it here?" Sirius suggested.

"You’d think so, but no. First of all, that would mean that someone dragged a very large piece of granite hundreds and hundreds of miles north, over mountains, through forests and across rivers. Not likely. And if you try and reach the sea from here, you'll find that that's quite impossible too. Too many cliffs and steep ravines in the way, you see?

No, but the most important indication that this rock has always been here is the fact that it's part of the ground here. I was intrigued by the stone when I first saw it about fifteen years ago, and I wanted to know more about it. So I took a few chips off it, you can still see the effects of it here and here, and I examined it. That’s how I found out it's got exactly the same composition as the surrounding rocks. Now, can anyone tell me how I know that?”

“You’re a wizard?” Sirius suggested.

“Most of the continents are made of granite,” Melchior continued, ignoring Sirius completely. “Don't bother asking why that is for now. But granite isn't a pure element like oxygen, carbon or silicon is. It's mainly made of quartz and feldspar.”

“What’s feldspar?” Harry asked.

“Erm,” Melchior said. He ran a hand over his worn face. “How do I explain that? Let’s say it’s a collection of different materials. Does that explain it enough to you?”

“Not really.”

Melchior sighed. “It doesn’t really matter, anyway. Let’s continue. There are tons of little variables that make up the composition of the rock, but they don’t really matter either. Point is, every area has its unique type of granite, and this makes finding out the origin of rocks much easier. This one, for example," he patted the rock fondly, "has exactly the same composition as the others around here. And if you dig around, you'll find that it's quite stuck to the ground, as well."

"So what does that mean?" Ginny asked.

"That means, Ginny, that this is not a rune stone. You'd think it is, with all the decorations and runic symbols, and I was convinced it wasn’t anything special for a very long time. But no. This is nothing more than an odd piece of the continental plate underneath us, sticking out above the forest floor a bit. Then, at some point in history, some Norse traveller came along, saw it, and decided to paint on it."

"Why did he draw this, then?" Harry asked. He noticed Melchior getting more and more excited. It was certainly different from the impassive look he had most of the time.

"That's the question! At first, I thought it was just something that every man has done in history: a drawing, a way to express yourself and leave your mark here. After all, you have all those cave and rock drawings all over the world, right? And who knows how much art has been made with less durable materials? How much art has been lost due to other men?" The man took a moment to catch his breath before he continued. "At first glance, this is just a piece of art, made by possibly a Viking. But it's more than that. Look at the art, here, step closer…" Harry, Ginny and Sirius did as they were told, but Selene hung back a bit. She must have already heard the story before.

Harry looked at the intricate drawings, trying to make sense of it, but he was mostly unsuccessful. He saw a semi-circle made out of connected squares, each one containing a different rune. Harry, with his four months experience of Ancient Runes at Hogwarts, reckoned he would probably recognize a lot of them, but only with his Handbook of Ancient Runes at hand. And that book was still in his trunk at Hogwarts.
Surrounding and partially overlapping the semi-circle were an incredible amount of thin red lines, snaking around, under, and through each other. Sometimes he thought he saw a figure in it, like a sea snake he remembered seeing on old treasure maps, but then it was gone again. He tried following one specific line, but that left him rather dizzy and thinking that everything around that line was moving.

"Fascinating, isn't it?" Melchior said from beside them, still sounding excited. "Tell me what you see."

"I see snakes and ladders," Sirius said.

"That's one way of looking at it," Melchior said. He sounded rather disappointed. Probably because Sirius didn't seem to take it as seriously as he did.

"What the fuck?" Ginny said from beside Harry. No one berated her for her language. "Is it just me, or do these lines move?"

"I thought so too," Harry said.

"Yes, it's quite the piece of art," Melchior said. "It's almost like a Jackson Pollock in that sense. Only this artist probably had a big bushy beard and a sword. But go on, kids, tell me what you see."

"It's making me quite dizzy," Harry noted. "But sometimes I think I see one of those sea-snakes."

"Yeah, that, or ivy. What does it mean?" Ginny asked.

"You lot do know how to ask the right questions, do you?" Melchior said. "Selene, if only you were as interested as they are when I taught you all this!"

Selene snorted. "I was eleven at the time, and you'd just given me my first wand. I didn't care about any of this at the time."

"Yes, as I recall correctly, you much rather wanted to blow everything up, didn't you?" Melchior said amusedly. "But back to Ginny's question. To answer it, we have to know what exactly this rock is. You see, this rock is the reason Selene could bring you here covertly and without too much trouble all the way from France."

"Is it like a Portkey, then?" Sirius asked, now sounding much more interested.

"The effect is roughly the same, but no, it doesn't. It's far more interesting than that. Let me explain: how do you travel with portkey?"

"You create a one-off connection between two places. It's sort of like bending time and space, right?" Sirius said, and Harry was again reminded that the man knew far more about magic than he did, even though he spent twelve years in Azkaban.

"Correct!" Melchior almost shouted. "Correct, and that is where it is different from this. Here you literally travel via the earth's crust."

"The what?" Ginny said.

"Never learned geography, then? Really, the curriculum of a wizard is so lacking in some areas, it's almost criminal!" Melchior said. He shook his head. "The earth is a globe, you know that, right?"

"Of course I do! I'm not an idiot!" Ginny scoffed.

"Good. There’s something called the Flat-Earth Movement that’s quite popular with a lot of wizards and I’m glad you don’t believe in that. It’s complete bullshit. Anyway, the earth is very heavy, and consists of a couple of layers. We are currently standing on the outermost solid layer, named the crust. Think of it like the peel of an apple. Then underneath that is a very thick layer of molten rock, called the Mantle. And in the centre of the earth is a solid core of iron, called the core. Clear?" Ginny nodded. "Good, now, back to this boulder, and traveling along the crust. Bearing in mind that it's largely made of granite, at least this part anyway, that's quite remarkable-"

"And bending time and space with an old boot isn't?" Sirius mumbled.

"- and I don't know how it works either. I've never heard of it before, anyway, and I've read a lot of books in my time."

"So when Selene brought us here, she just… activated something? Willed it to
happen?" Harry asked.

"Yes, it's a bit of both, actually. Here," Melchior fished something out of his pocket and threw it at Harry. He caught it, and when he examined it, he realized that it was just a simple stone.

"Yes, it's a stone," Melchior said. "It came from this boulder here, in fact. I did some testing when I first discovered it and came to the conclusion that if you're holding this in your hand, you quite simply wish yourself here, and it happens. You have to be careful not to be within any other magical protections, though."

“But why not just use a Portkey, then?” Sirius asked.

“Couple of reasons. I think the most important one is that it’s untraceable, and that’s a definite advantage over Portkeys.”

"How does all this work, then?" Harry asked.

"I don't know! I wish I could tell you, but this is so different, so unique…" He shook his head. "Time for a demonstration, I think. Harry, walk away from this place and then try coming back, using your stone."

"How far do I need to walk away?"

"Just stay in sight, so that you can still see the Rock. I think that makes it a bit easier if you haven't got any experience yet."

Harry followed their footsteps towards the edge of the clearing and then turned around. He looked at the piece of stone in his hand and then at the boulder in the distance. He saw the others looking back at him.

Then, without warning, a feeling of being sucked down a drain overwhelmed him. His
shoes pulled at his feet, his pants threatened to be pulled off and he felt himself being stretched and squeezed in a bizarre way. It was over only a moment later, and he found himself standing next to the others, blinking his eyes rapidly and clutching the stone in his hand.

"Wow," he said.

The sun had long come up by the time Sirius and Ginny tried it out as well, and Harry started feeling quite hungry by the time Melchior called it a day. But, if Harry was being honest with himself, there were hardly times when he wasn’t hungry lately.

"You promised!" Selene whined on the way back to the car. She and Melchior walked ahead of Harry, Ginny and Sirius, and they appeared to be in a heated debate. It was a comical sight. Melchior, however crooked, was still much taller than Selene, and his hair swayed around his head as he dragged himself through the snow.

"I didn't. I said maybe you could drive on the way back. Maybe, Selene."

"Well, you can still promise now," she said, pouting at Melchior.

A couple of minutes later, a grinning Selene enthusiastically directed the car up the snowy hill.

"You're going to be the death of me," Melchior said from the passenger seat as they reached the top of the hill. The engine bucked and roared and Harry found himself pressed rather snugly against Ginny as they took a sharp left turn.

"You moan too much," Selene said. "Besides, once we learn how to make this thing fly, we'll have nothing to worry about anymore."

"But until then…"

"Just close your eyes and pretend it's fun."

Reviews 86
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear