Search:

SIYE Time:19:38 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Proper Epilogue
By TomBombadil

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Death, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 188
Summary: Harry has just defeated Voldemort and everyone in the Wizarding World wants a piece of him, but there is only one witch with whom he wants to speak. How exactly can he hope that she still wants to see him?
Hitcount: Story Total: 74329; Chapter Total: 5067







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


As they Disapparated from Hogwarts, Harry hadn’t known exactly what to expect from Ginny’s father, but an arm over his shoulder had certainly not been it. He had been thrown somewhat off guard, so he relied upon Ginny’s brilliant smile to be his guide. Surely his anxiety about talking with Mr. Weasley was unwarranted. In fact, he found it rather strange to suddenly think of Arthur as Ginny’s father, rather than just Mr. Weasley.

Harry had felt as if he had been a part of the Weasley family for a long time and had taken great comfort in the fact that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley considered him almost as one of their own. Then again, perhaps that fact, alone, might be enough to make Mr. Weasley uncomfortable with the thought of Harry having fallen in love with his daughter.

As they walked into the garden, Arthur broke the uncomfortable silence.

“Harry, before we discuss anything else, I want you to know how thrilled Molly and I are that you’re going to be an official part of our family. You’ve been as good as a son to us for many years now,” he said in the gentle manner with which Harry was so accustomed. 



“Thank you, Mr. Weasley,” answered Harry, a tiny sigh of relief escaping from his lips. “I’ve always felt at home here.”



“I won’t deny it was a lucky day for the Weasleys when Ron sat in your compartment first year. It seems like half of us wouldn’t even be here without you,” Arthur continued pleasantly. 



“In all honesty,” said Harry, “I think most of those problems started because of me.”



“That’s rubbish, Harry, pure rubbish! Voldemort was rising in power before you were even born, and Molly and I were already targets. Remember what happened to her brothers. So were your mum and dad. You were a victim … perhaps one of the worst victims of his terror, and you need to let go of any misplaced guilt you might be feeling. Voldemort was the cause of all our problems, not you!”



“I really don’t know what to say, Mr. Weasley.”



“You don’t need to say anything, son. Molly and I just want you to understand that we care about you and that we’re grateful you came into our lives.” 

Arthur took a seat on one of the old stone benches that flanked a small table in the shed and began to look around.

Harry stood for a few moments, waiting for an indication of what he should do. However, when Arthur failed to look him in the eye, Harry took a seat directly across the table from his future father-in-law. 


“Now … about Ginny … I take it you’ve thought this through,” said Arthur, still unable to meet Harry’s eyes. 



“Yes sir,” said Harry with confidence. “I’ve never been more sure about anything in my life.”



“How so, Harry?”



“Because I’ve been in love with her for two years -- maybe three, if I’m completely honest with myself. Because I haven’t even thought of another girl since the first time I kissed her. Because she’s the only thing I thought about when I let Voldemort try to kill me last night. Because she’s perfect for me … and because I’m the same age as my mum and dad were when they became engaged … when you and Mrs. Weasley got engaged, if I’m not mistaken.”



“No need to be defensive, son,” said Arthur soothingly. “I just want you to have someone to talk things over with, seeing as how your mum and dad aren’t around.”



“Thank you, sir, but it’s a little strange, given that you are Ginny’s father.”



“Yes, well, I see your point. As I said, Molly and I couldn’t be happier. I just thought you should reflect on some of the big issues, like children and careers. Have you and Ginny discussed these things?”



“We talked a lot while we were dating last year … about all kinds of things. Ginny is the only person with whom I’ve ever felt comfortable sharing personal things. I mean, it’s not like we talked about getting married, because we didn’t, but we learned quite a bit about each other. For instance, I know that we both want children, but Ginny wants to have a career, as well — that she would love to play for the Harpies if she got the chance — that she loves flying more than just about anything,” said Harry, trying very hard to make his case without sounding as young and naïve as he feared he might. 



“And you are fine with that?”



“Perfectly fine … I just want her to be happy. I want us both to be happy … together.”



“And you’re fully aware that she’s independent-minded, completely stubborn when she sets her mind on something, and absolutely irrepressible?” Arthur questioned, as a small smirk began forming at the corner of his mouth. 



“Yes, sir, I am …” Harry began, trying to maintain a serious expression, before breaking down into laughter. 



“What’s so funny?” Arthur asked, a look of bemusement settling on his face. 


“I’m sorry,” said Harry, “but you’re making it sound like those are bad qualities, Mr. Weasley.”



“Certainly not!” replied Arthur. “It’s just that Ginny isn’t an ordinary witch.”



“No, she’s not ordinary, and thank Merlin for that! But those qualities you mentioned … I was telling her earlier tonight that one of the things I love most about her is that she always stands up to me when I act like a git. She’s strong … smart … competitive … courageous. She may have quite a temper, but she’s kind and compassionate. I’ve never seen her take advantage of anyone. She’s everything I could possibly ask for.”



“I see,” Arthur said reflectively. 



“I want a partner — an equal — someone to share everything with, and I know that person is Ginny. And we have a great situation ahead of us this year.”



“This year?” asked Arthur. 



“Yes, sir — if you and Mrs. Weasley don’t object. Ron, Hermione and I have been given the chance to go back to school and finish our educations. We’ll be taking our N.E.W.T. level exams with Ginny’s class, and I’ve also accepted the job of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.”



“Teacher?” asked Arthur, surprise showing clearly through his eyes. 



“Yes,” answered Harry. “Professor McGonagall had planned to ask Remus to come back if Voldemort was defeated, but that’s not possible now. So, she asked me and I’ve accepted.”



“That’s very impressive, son, and after what you accomplished with Dumbledore’s Army, well deserved.”



“Thank you, sir,” Harry replied. “Professor McGonagall also offered me the chance to live in faculty housing. She seems to think I might feel a bit out of place in the dormitory.”

“Really?” said Arthur, astonished by Minerva’s modern attitude.

“I’ve taken her up on that, too, and Ginny and I have decided we’d like to live there this year while we fix up Number Twelve Grimmauld Place and make it a little more inviting.”



“That’s very fast, don’t you think?” asked Arthur, apprehension showing on his face for the first time that day. 



“After what I’ve been through for the last seven years, and especially after last night, I really don’t see the need to wait, unless you and Mrs. Weasley have a problem with it,” Harry concluded, looking at his feet. 



“Well, I can see how you might feel ready for marriage right away, but what about Ginny?”

“She’s actually the one who suggested that things would be best sooner, rather than later, though she was concerned about your reaction — yours and Mrs. Weasley’s.”

“I see,” Arthur replied before falling momentarily silent. He took a deep breath before continuing his thoughts. “No, we don’t really have any objections. In fact, Molly said she thought you two would be moving quickly. Like I said, we’re happy for both of you. We just want to]==else to live — even build something new if that’s what she wants. After our first year, Kingsley has made it clear that I can have a spot in the Auror Department — well — the top spot in the Auror Department if I want it. So, Ginny and I should be fine, sir.”



“I’ve never thought finances would be a problem,” said Arthur, chuckling quietly.

“So, are you and Mrs. Weasley okay with the idea of Ginny marrying me … before the start of school?”


“As long as the two of you are sure this is what you want, you have our blessing. In fact, we can start talking about the details as soon as you and Ginny say so.”

Arthur took a deep breath before looking around the shed, almost as if he expected to find someone lurking in one of the corners. Finally he regained his voice. “Just be prepared for Molly to be … well … to be a little exuberant. At least she will get there in time, what with Fred and all.”



As Arthur and Harry rose from the table, the older wizard took his future son-in-law into a surprising embrace. 

“Welcome to the family, Harry. Welcome.”



“Thank you, sir,” Harry replied. “Thank you very much.”


“I think there’s a certain red-haired witch waiting to see you inside,” said Arthur as he loosened his grip on Harry and headed back toward the house.


“Mr. Weasley, have you … have you made plans for Fred’s funeral?” asked Harry.

“Yes … yes we have,” answered Mr. Weasley with a defeated sigh. The happiness that had been in his eyes as he discussed Harry and Ginny’s future had suddenly disappeared.

“We’ve notified the Delacours, Aunt Muriel, and a few of Fred’s friends, like Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson. The burial will be tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. So, it will be a small affair here at the Burrow.”



As they approached the back door, Harry was pleased to see Ginny waiting for him at the kitchen table with what looked to be a platter of Mrs. Weasley’s wonderful roast beef, a bowl of peas and carrots, and an extra large portion of treacle tart. Two glasses of cold pumpkin juice sat on the table beside the place settings Ginny had laid out for them. It had been ages since he had managed a proper meal, and he would take any excuse he could find to spend more time with Ginny. 


He had been afraid she might have gone to her bedroom and had begun thoroughly dreading the thought of being separated from her. Their rushed love-making after almost a year apart had changed him in ways he had never imagined possible and had left him with no interest in being apart from her, even if it turned out to be only for a night or two while under her parents’ roof. His mind had begun spinning … contemplating what things were going to be like during their engagement.

While he had been discussing their future with Mr. Weasley, Ginny had obviously taken a quick shower and had changed into what looked to be a faded pink flannel nightdress, the hem of which fell just above her knees. Her hair was still damp, but she had taken the time to arrange it in French braids. He loved her long flaming red hair — the touch, the smell, and the look of it — regardless of how she wore it, but whenever she wore it in rich loose waves, it drove him absolutely crazy. During his sixth year at Hogwarts, Harry had figured out that French braids at night were responsible for the creation of his favorite look, so his imagination went into overdrive. Having made a lifetime commitment to Ginny, he found himself most anxious to get on with their life together. 



Harry opened the door for Mr. Weasley, who walked directly to his daughter. As she rose to greet him, Arthur gathered her in his arms and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. 



“I love you, pumpkin,” Arthur whispered tenderly and held her longer than he had done since she was a little girl. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he released her, offering a warm smile to both of them. “Very well then,” he continued at last, “I don’t think we’ve inflicted any lasting harm on poor Harry.”



“Daddy?” Ginny asked with an arched eyebrow. 



“Not to worry,” replied her father. “Not to worry.”



“Thank you, again, sir,” said Harry warmly. 



Mr. Weasley started to head out of the kitchen but stopped suddenly, as if something had caught his attention. 



“Ah, yes,” he said, stepping over to the little desk located near the doorway. “This came from Gringotts shortly after Bill and Fleur’s wedding.” He retrieved a thick parchment envelope and handed it to Harry. 



“What is it, Mr. Weasley?”



“It’s probably your bank ledger,” Arthur replied. 



“A bank ledger? I’ve never received one before,” said Harry, obviously confused.

“No, you wouldn’t have,” answered Mr. Weasley. “They were most likely sent to Dumbledore while you were underage. After all, your godfather had been in Azkaban and you were living with Muggles.”



“Yes,” thought Harry silently, “one more part of my life that Dumbledore controlled for me!”



“Very well,” said Mr. Weasley as he turned toward the staircase. At the last moment he looked back to face Ginny and Harry. “It’s nice to have some joy amidst all the pain. Truly.”



*****
 232;

“Draco?” called Lucius Malfoy as he entered the foyer of their family estate.

Given the tone of voice, a visitor to Malfoy Manor might have believed that Lucius was about to ask a question of his son. Draco, however, was not fooled. It was a summons to appear before his father — a command rather than an invitation. 



“Yes, Father?” Draco replied indignantly as he plodded from the living room. “I didn’t realize you had been out.”



“There really isn’t time to waste, son,” answered Lucius. “I have something I need for you to do.”



“Yes, Father,” he repeated. 



“I understand on good authority that the Weasleys are planning to bury their childish purveyor of jokes tomorrow afternoon. I need you to pay our respects at the funeral.”



“What?” shrieked Draco, taken completely by surprise. 



“You heard me, Draco. I want you to represent our family at the funeral, and while you are there I need you to learn anything you can pick up about Harry Potter. I still have friends in powerful places, and they are abuzz with rumors I can hardly even begin to believe.”



“But the last time Potter saw me, I was trying to kill him!” exclaimed Draco. “And you want me to walk right up to him … or one of the Weasleys?”



“I’m sure you can convince Mr. Potter and his friends that you were only doing what you had to do to keep your family safe from the Dark Lord.”



“That’s impossible,” said Draco flatly. 



“Impossible?” sneered Lucius. “I think not — not if you want to inherit all of this some day.”



“You wouldn’t …” began Draco before words failed him. 



“There is nothing I wouldn’t do to protect the Old Ways, son. By mixing with Muggles and Mudbloods, wizards risk extinction or worse.”



“What could be worse than extinction, Father?”



“Mediocrity, Draco. Mediocrity,” answered Lucius with disdain coating every word. 



*****




The sounds of Arthur’s footsteps faded as he ascended the stairway, but Harry waited a few extra moments before moving next to Ginny and taking her into his arms. 



“I missed you,” he whispered, bringing his lips to meet hers affectionately and running his hands up and down the sleeves of the faded, but incredibly soft flannel.

She smelled fantastic, as her unique flowery scent lingered on her skin and damp hair. Harry found himself thankful that he had managed a shower before the memorial service at Hogwarts. 



“You were only gone twenty minutes,” answered Ginny playfully while reaching for another kiss. “I missed you, too.”



“This looks great,” said Harry, casting a hungry eye at Mrs. Weasley’s leftovers. 



“Better than I do?” asked Ginny, trying to keep a serious look on her face but failing completely. 


“Never,” Harry replied, “but since we’re in your parents’ house, it’s probably all I really ought to be thinking about tonight.”



“That doesn’t seem to be stopping Ron and Hermione,” said Ginny. 



“What?” asked Harry, shock clearly etched across his face. 



“Well, Hermione wasn’t anywhere to be found when I ran upstairs a while ago, and Percy was pretty upset that Ron’s door seems to have been Imperturbed. They’ve even tried to talk Bill into breaking the spell, but he won’t have anything to do with it.”


“I always knew Bill was cool,” Harry replied. 



“That he is,” said Ginny. “Now, what did Dad have to say?”


“Not a whole lot, really,” said Harry. “He started off by saying how happy he and your mum are for us and that they didn’t have any objections. He mainly wanted to know that we had thought it through and that we had similar ideas about kids and careers.”



“Did you tell him we’d talked about all that while we were dating at Hogwarts?” asked Ginny. 



“Yes. Your dad thinks you can do just about anything you set your mind to, Ginny. I think his biggest concern is to make sure that I don’t want to keep you barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen,” Harry concluded with a laugh. 



Ginny, however, wasn’t laughing in the least. Harry watched in surprise as the smile she had been wearing disappeared and all the color drained from her face. 



“Ginny?” Harry asked softly. “What’s wrong, love?”



“The charm, Harry. I forgot to cast the Contraceptive Charm.”



“Is it … is it too late?” Harry stammered. 



“Not entirely,” she whispered, fumbling clumsily for something. When at last she managed to gain control of her wand, Ginny looked quickly over her shoulder to make sure no one was coming down the stairs. Satisfied that they were alone, she completed a series of complicated motions above her abdomen and said, “Contraceptus.”



“I hate to be a total clod, but what does ‘not entirely’ mean?” Harry inquired. 



“Oh, Harry, you’re not the clod … I am. And it’s not entirely too late, because the charm acts kind of like a Muggle spermicidal. It disables your little swimmers, or so Madame Pomfrey says. As long as I haven’t ovulated in the last two or three days, we ought to be okay.”


“I’m sorry, Ginny. I should have done it … I wasn’t even thinking …”



“Stop with the guilt, Harry! I did kind of jump you,” whispered Ginny, a hint of her normal color returning to her cheeks. “But it was a little overwhelming to watch the man I’ve loved for years just stand there and take a Killing Curse, even if it was in a Pensieve.”


“There really wasn’t anything else I could do, Ginny. As long as even one Horcrux was left, he couldn’t be killed. I’m so sorry …”


“Will you please quit apologizing? You’re the bravest wizard … the bravest man …” Ginny said quietly, then threw her arms around his neck and kissed him tenderly.

“What else did Daddy say?” she continued when at last they broke apart. “Did he say anything about timing?”



“I told him we want to be married before start of term.”



“And?” she prompted. 



“And he said that as long as you and I are sure this is what we want to do, he and your mum are ready to start putting things together.”



“Well, sooner is better than later, especially if I’m up the duff,” she added.



“What?” asked Harry. 



“If I’m pregnant, silly.”



“What should we do?”



“What is there to do? We wait a couple of days and cast a Sensory Charm to see whether or not you’re going to be a daddy.”



With his head spinning, Harry dropped the thick envelope on the table, and began slowly picking at his food. 



“I thought you were hungry,” said Ginny. 



“I was,” he replied, “but it’s a little overwhelming to think about us becoming parents.”



“It’s not something I would plan to do, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. We are getting married,” she stressed, “and I don’t plan on abstaining from sex, so we’ll just have to be more careful in the future. Now, why don’t we eat some dinner, and maybe we can have another go before Hermione comes downstairs.”



Harry felt a burden lift from his shoulders and he thanked Merlin for the incredible gift of Ginny Weasley. He didn’t need her father to remind him that she was an extraordinary witch. He knew that she had been stung by the realization that they hadn’t used a Contraceptive Charm — he’d seen it in her face. But Ginny was nothing if not resilient, and had seen that she intended to make the best of whatever came their way.



As he began to relax, Harry realized he had begun fumbling absentmindedly with the envelope from Gringotts. He looked up to see Ginny staring at him as if she had something on her mind. 



“Should we take a look?” he asked. 



“Later!” Ginny exclaimed, nearly hissing at him. “I’ve got better plans for you if you’ll hurry with that food.”



Harry was famished, and dinner was every bit as good as it looked, so Ginny’s encouragement was scarcely needed to spur Harry into high gear. He hesitated only once when Ginny snickered audibly. 



“What?” said Harry. “I thought you wanted me to hurry things along.”



“I’m sorry,” she answered, “but if you had red hair I’d swear I was watching Ron at a feast.”



“That bad?”



“Not really,” replied Ginny. “It’s actually kind of cute to see you so excited!”



Harry noticed that Ginny had also made quick work of her plate, but decided not to mention anything about it. While it was true that she had a remarkable sense of humor, Harry thought it wise not to test her limits. At last, Harry gulped down his last bite of treacle tart, wiped his mouth with his napkin, and made as if to start gathering the dishes. Ginny reached out and stilled his movement with a gentle touch on his forearm. 



“Allow me,” said Ginny. “It will be quicker and quieter.” Taking her wand and pointing it at the platter of roast beef and bowl of peas and carrots, she said “Depulso,” banishing the leftovers to the cold hamper in silence. Then, drawing a quick circular motion around their dirty dishes, she whispered “Tergeo,” causing the plates, cups, and silverware to move soundlessly to the sink, where they magically washed themselves. Finally, Ginny tapped the table lightly with her wand and said “Scourgify,” leaving the table as clean as it had ever been. 



“I need to learn those,” said Harry, admiring both her skills and efficiency. 



“Yes, you do,” she answered, taking his hand and pulling him forcefully toward the staircase.

She scampered lightly up the stairs, arriving at her door only a few moments later. As she tugged Harry through the doorway Ginny spun around, coming to rest snugly against his chest.

Harry closed the door softly and uttered the incantations to locking and silencing charms before stowing his wand in the pocket of his jeans and encompassing Ginny in a warm embrace. 



“I love you, Ginny,” he whispered softly into her ear before trailing kisses down her neck. The feeling of having her against him was almost too much to take. He had come so close to losing everything that her touch seemed to be out of a dream of a better life. 



“Love you, too,” she replied, shivering noticeably as her body melted into his. “I’m having trouble believing everything that has happened since this time last night.”


“Me too,” said Harry, his hands roaming gently down her back. The fabric felt as warm and wonderful as it had the first time he had touched her in the kitchen, but Harry desperately wanted more. He wanted to feel Ginny, his Ginny, and nothing else. The desire was becoming so strong that his hands had begun to quiver. 



Ginny stood on tiptoes to kiss him, her lips parting as they reached his.

Harry did the same, allowing their tongues to meet luxuriously as they drank in the mystery of each other. As she had risen to kiss him, Harry’s hands had moved further down her back and slipped over her bum. It felt like heaven as he fumbled with the hem of her nightgown and, at last, his fingers were on nothing but skin. He moaned uncontrollably when he discovered that Ginny was wearing nothing beneath her nightie.

Their first effort at lovemaking had been overwhelmingly fast and totally unexpected. This time Ginny had made it perfectly clear that she meant for it to happen, and Harry was bound and determined to lavish his affection upon her sumptuously. Gathering the worn material in each hand, Harry began to lift the nightdress slowly over her body. As he reached her shoulders, Ginny raised her arms, allowing Harry to lift the clothing over her head. 



Harry was completely inexperienced with women, but he couldn’t imagine how anyone could rival Ginny for beauty. She had always been described as small to average, but that description was woefully inaccurate. The only words that his mind could come up with were perfect and petite … perfectly petite. He had never asked, but Harry guessed Ginny to be somewhere near 5’2” in height. Her body was perfectly proportioned, with surprisingly full breasts accenting her athletic frame. Her skin was the color of fresh cream and was dappled throughout with freckles. The curls between her thighs were slightly darker than the dazzling red tresses that had always driven Harry mad with desire. 



She stood before him with the same blazing look she had worn the day he finally kissed her. After delaying only a moment to appreciate her beauty, Harry lifted her in his arms and carried her to the bed in which she had slept since she was a toddler. He laid her upon the coverlet and knelt on the floor beside her, kissing her reverently. He parted her lips, and shuddered with intense emotion as their tongues met once again. In his most passionate dreams, Harry had never imagined the possibility of feeling so incredibly complete. Every pain he had ever endured was worth the price he had paid, as they had led him to Ginevra Weasley. 



“You’re still dressed,” Ginny reminded him as his kisses trailed down her neck. 



“Not for long,” he replied while pulling his shirt over his head. 



“What happened here?” she asked, reaching out to run her fingers over the ovular scar that had been seared into his chest. 

“Locket Horcrux … burned into me when Nagini attacked,”

“And this?” she continued while pointing out the lightning bolt scar located just to the left and down from the reminder of the Locket Horcrux.

“Killing Curse,” answered Harry as his lips returned to her neck before drifting slowly downward.

Ginny sighed audibly and arched upward. “Harry, please,” she gasped, arching her hips upward once again, obviously wanting something more. 



Harry wanted to extend her pleasure as long as possible, but knew instinctively not to prolong her frustration, so he responded more directly to her request.

“More,” cried Ginny hoarsely, “please!”



Harry’s heart was hammering inside his chest almost as ferociously as it had when he stood before Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest. He was, however, immeasurably happier than he had ever been in his life. Despite his horrible fears of the preceding morning, Ginny had forgiven him and she was now undeniably his, just as he had given himself completely to her. 



At last, Ginny shuddered, followed quickly in kind by her fiancé. She looked up at him with her sparkling eyes before smiling softly at him once again. 



“I love you, Harry,” she whispered. She curled up against him, sighing blissfully.



“Can we afford for me to sleep here?” asked Harry. 



“For a while,” she answered. “I’ll set an alarm.”

With that said, she waived her wand at the nearby clock. In a matter of minutes, Harry heard her only her gentle breathing.
Reviews 188
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear