Search:

SIYE Time:14:18 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Only the Best
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: Metropolitan Police Inspector Harry Potter was having an amazing twenty-four hours. He slept a full eight hours, had a good pint, and met the most incredible red-headed woman. Of course, that was all nulled by the dead woman lying in Whitehorse Road Park.
Hitcount: Story Total: 32696; Chapter Total: 2155
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Huge thanks to Arnel and gryffindormischief for their incredible editing skills. We are getting towards the end of this story, but never fear I have plans for a squeal... If the end of this chapter didn't hint towards more, I don't know what would. Both this story and Fake It should be wrapping up in the next few months. With that being said, I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement for this story. I love reading comments and seeing everyone's theories and thoughts.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny took in a deep breath as she walked into the hospital waiting room. Crowds of people lounged around, waiting to be called for appointments, to find out news about loved ones, or even trying to regain a grip on reality after a drastic change. Ginny was not one of those people. She didn’t need to wait, she knew right were to go, the question was who did she want to see first? Harry was most likely still asleep, seeing as it was early morning and he was still recuperating from an explosion or she could go see Fred… not that he would know.

It had been two weeks since Harry had found Fred and though Harry seemed to be getting better every day, he was still weak. Fred, however, was not improving. He was still breathing on his own, but he hadn’t opened his eyes. Her parents and brothers had all come to see Fred. Her mother had cried. Her father, Bill, Charlie, and Ron had all tried their best to look strong, but she had noticed at least one tear drop from each of their eyes. George… George was the most upsetting sight. He just looked plain lost without his twin and best friend. He had taken refuge in the chair beside his twin’s bed and stayed there silently, just watching Fred’s chest raise and lower.

Ron and her parents had also visited Harry, who had been touched by their arrival. Ron had played a couple rounds of cards with the bedridden man, while Molly and Arthur were more than happy just to be in the room. After they had left, Harry had told Ginny he couldn’t have loved her family more if he tried.

That had been day ten of hospitalization as Ginny was calling it. She was either at work, where her mind would wander, or she was in a stiff hospital chair next to her fiancée or brother. That first week when they had both been unresponsive had been one of the worst seven days of Ginny’s life, at least now Harry was awake and with day fifteen upon them, Dr. Regal was performing wellness tests on Harry to see if he was able to at least go home and recover. Something Ginny had learned about her Detective Inspector fiancée was his hatred of hospitals, and he had no desire to spend any more time in the scratchy, uncomfortable bed.

As Ginny walked through the double door at the end of the waiting room, she decided to go see Harry first, seeing as Dr. Regal might be there with the news she craved. She had cried, which she blamed on hormones of course, over the possibility that Harry may be infected with some skin crawling disease. Harry had assured her every day that he felt fine, well, as fine as one could with broken foot and chest injuries. It had taken only one slap to the arm for Harry to realize that Ginny wanted answers to be longer than just the word ‘fine’ when she asked how he was feeling. Since then, he always included an ‘as one could’ which was just as annoying as just saying fine.

She reached the private room Harry had been placed in and opened the door. Harry was still in the same bed he had been in over the last two weeks, but today Regal was beside him, talking to his patient in a hushed tone. Ginny hurried over, eager to find out what information the doctor had.

“Ah, Ms. Weasley,” Regal nodded at her once she appeared on the other side of Harry’s bed. She instantly grabbed the injured man’s hand, which he squeezed. “As I was just telling Mr. Potter, things seem to be fine in his system. We can’t find any irregular counts in his blood, making us believe the toxin didn’t get into his system, or it has no effect until someone is deceased. Either way, we believe Mr. Potter is okay to head home, if he so wishes, as long as he continues to take it easy and comes in for regular testing for the next month, maybe two.”

“Anything to get me out of this place,” Harry muttered darkly, then he raised his voice. “Sounds like a deal, Doc.”

Regal nodded. “You will need to keep taking the medication I have prescribed and have Ms. Weasley keep an eye on you, making sure you’re behaving normally.”

Ginny cocked her head to the side. “Normally? What do you mean?”

“It’s like I’ve mentioned multiple times, we really have no idea what happened to Mr. Potter during his raid. He may not have encountered any of the toxin, or it may be a sleeper agent. We want to make sure he seems normal at home, and who better than to keep in mind all his good and bad habits than his fiancée.” Regal gave her a comforting smile. “I personally think Mr. Potter is going to make a full recovery, but I would rather be safe than sorry.”

“Right,” Ginny grabbed the bag of extra clothing she had brought for Harry the day after he woke, pulling out a light jumper and pair of trousers and throwing them at the black-haired man. “Strip, Potter and put these on. I want to go home.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

Harry had never been so excited to be stuck wearing a too small pair of jeans before. Seeing as they were the only clean pair of trousers he had left in his hospital bag, he was more than happy to wear them if it meant he was able to leave that God-forsaken place. Okay, he thought as he laced up his trainers, the staff had really been nice, but fuck! I hate hospitals.

Ginny was waiting for him by the door, jingling her car keys lightly. “Ready?”

“More than you’ll ever know,” Harry squeezed her hand as she opened the door and started to guide him through the corridors in his temporary wheelchair. He was placed on crutches for a least the next few weeks, which had already been situated in the backseat of Ginny’s car, but the hospital staff insisted on the wheelchair through their halls Ginny led the way to the car park.

“So, what’s the first thing you want to do when we get home?” Ginny asked halfway to her car.

“Besides sleep in a bed that actually is comfortable?”

“Yes, besides that.”

Harry let out a thoughtful hum. “Well, I know something that would have made that hospital bed much better.”

Even though Ginny was facing forward, Harry could tell she noticed his suggestive smirk. Harry could also tell Ginny was tempted to smack him on the arm, based on the twitching of her hand, but clearly she thought better than hitting a man in a wheelchair.

“That wouldn’t be taking it easy.” Ginny chastised.

Harry let out a over dramatic gasp. “Miss. Weasley, I don’t know what you thought I was suggesting, but I was referring to reading a good novel.”

Ginny snorted. “Oh, yeah, I’m sure your thoughts were completely pure the entire time you were lying there… with nothing to do… with only your wild imagination for comfort.”

“But of course.”

Ginny laughed as they reached the double doors that opened out to the indoor parking. Once they reached Ginny’s car, the red head opened the passenger’s door and helped Harry situate himself, then took his wheelchair back into the lobby.

Once Ginny returned, she went over to the driver’s side and started the engine. It only took a few moments for them to reach the London streets and be forced to enter the city traffic.

“Still feeling alright?” Ginny asked over the romantic ballad that played on the radio. Harry could hear the nerves in her voice; clearly, she was worried he was just pretending to be fine, so he could leave the hospital. To be fair, that would be something he would do, but really, he did feel fine. Sure, his foot hurt and his chest sometimes pained him, but he had dealt with much worse.

He reached across the console and laced his hand with the free one Ginny had on her lap. “Luv, everything is going to be fine.”

Harry could hear the shudder in Ginny’s breath. “I was scared, Harry,” she explained quietly.

“I know.”

“I’m not used to feeling like this,” Ginny continued as if Harry hadn’t spoken. He could tell she needed to get this off her chest. Clearly, it had been plaguing her for some time. “There was nothing I could do, and I don’t like that feeling.”

“I know.”

“I know it was something you needed to do, but Jesus… if I had lost you, not to mention Fred…” She cut herself off, taking in a deep, shaky breath. “I’m not saying you shouldn’t go out and save people,” she pressed as soon as she regained control of her breathing. “But I just need you to know what’s going through my mind as I sit at home, waiting.”

Harry kept his eyes on the car in front of them as they made a left turn. He did get it… at least now he did. He had never had someone, but now he did. Harry needed to take into account what Ginny was dealing with every time he walked out that front door. He could be attacked, kidnapped, hell, officers were killed often enough to make anyone worry.

“I’ve been thinking about it,” Harry started slowly, turning his gaze over to Ginny. She continued to watch the road, but he could tell she was listening to every word he spoke now. “Moody has been looking for a trainer at the academy here in London. Someone to focus on detectives getting into the mind of a suspect, which is something I tend to excel at. It would mean a lot less field work and more paperwork, but I’ve always been rather good at teaching. I was a teacher’s aide in secondary school. I was told I was brilliant.”

Harry could physically see Ginny’s breathing speed up as she started to comprehend what he was saying. He pressed on. “It would be much more regular hours too. Even what I would call baby friendly.” She let out a shaky laugh at his joke. “I would be home for dinner and around to read stories and all those parenting things…” He let his sentence trail off and settled on just staring at Ginny.

“And,” Ginny started slowly. “You would be okay with that?”

“Well, I would miss some of the good parts of being in the field,” Harry squeezed her hand. “But I would still get to be involved in profiling culprits.” Harry decided to fully disclose it all, every reason he had for even considering changing his position. “Gin, I want to make sure I’m there for you… for this baby. If that means I’ll be grading papers instead of writing reports, it will be worth it.”

Harry could see a few tears roll down Ginny’s cheek. “Oh, Harry,” Ginny’s voice was thick with emotion. “you would do that — “

“I would do anything for you, Ginny,” Harry interrupted. “When I say only the best, I mean I will do anything for you.”

Ginny pulled the car into her vacant parking spot at her flat, just in time for fat, thick tears to fall. She put the car in park and turned to face Harry. “I didn’t want to ask…”

“You didn’t have to,” Harry released her hand and rested it on her cheek. “I want to do this. I want to complete this case and then I’ll tell Moody I’ll take the teaching position.” He used his thumb to brush a final tear off Ginny’s cheek.

“Jesus, I hate becoming a hosepipe,” Ginny sniffed, as she tried to reel in her tears. “I want to blame the hormones, but I’m not quite sure that’s the reason this time.”

Harry laughed. “You can blame it on whatever you want, luv. Even I know better than to argue with a radiant pregnant woman.”

Ginny sniffling was now replaced with a sharp snort. “Good to know you won’t be one of those men who call their pregnant wife a whale in their third trimester.”

Leaning his torso across the console now, Harry pressed a light, yet promising kiss to Ginny’s slightly chapped lips. “Trust me, it won’t matter to me if you’re the size of a house or a twig, you will be the most beautiful woman in any room.”

Ginny shook her head. “Keep those cheesy lines up, Mr. Potter, and we won’t be able to follow the doctor’s orders about keeping you calm and relaxed.”

Harry gave her his best coquettish smile. “To be fair, Regal did say to try to make sure I acted normally, and I have to hope that includes our more robust activities.”

The laugh that Ginny let out seemed to remove any remaining tension she had. She gave him one final loving kiss before she opened her door and walked around the car to help Harry into the house. It was at that moment Harry knew he had made the right decision in considering the training position. If it helped Ginny feel better about everything, then it was worth every disastrous problem he would have to deal with. Worth every overconfident trainee he had to reprimand.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

“So, how is Harry, dear?” Ginny’s mother asked as she placed a mug of tea in front of her daughter. She had taken to caring for people more than ever, since Fred had been kidnapped. She would cater to everyone’s needs. Grabbing blankets if someone so much as shivered, making too many cups of tea, everything to distract her from the remembrance of her son being unable to wake.

Ginny rubbed her neck as she watched the steam billow from her mug. “As well as one can expect,” She took the small jug of milk her mother offered with a nod of thanks. “He’s the worst patient in all of England. He just won’t sit bloody still.”

“Language, Ginny,” Molly reprimanded automatically. She stirred the milk into her cooling drink as she continued, “That’s not surprising. Harry seems to be an active body, doesn’t he?”

Ginny had to give her mother that. Harry was not someone to wait around. He was the kind of man who ran to the front lines, ready to go. “He’s going to leave the field,” Ginny still couldn’t believe it herself, the words still foreign to her tongue.

Molly’s red eyebrows shot up into her hairline. “Really?” Her voice matched the surprise her expression showed.

Nodding, Ginny blew on her tea, the liquid rippling beneath her breath. “Yes, he says after this case is closed he’s going to talk to Moody.”

“Did he explain why?” Molly asked, her surprise being replaced with understanding, even before Ginny fully explained. Mother’s intuition and all that, Ginny thought, wonder when that kicks in.

“He says for me and the baby,” Ginny ran a hand through her hair. As much as she wanted to be thrilled over the idea of Harry being safe, well safer, at the academy, training new recruits, her stomach was unsettled by the idea.

Molly knew her daughter well, recognizing the signs of distress. Giving Ginny a small smile, Molly said, “And you’re worried he will hate his new position, and resent you or the baby?”

Ginny’s eyes shut on their own accord. Was that the reason her gut was full of winged beasts? If she was being honest with herself, yes that was it. Harry was in his prime, still agile and great at the work he did, so why would he want to give it up? She knew the little speech she had given to him in the hospital had affected him in a way, but she was hoping he was going to take less life-threatening cases, but instead he had decided to back off completely. Would he begrudge her for making him feel guilty, making him feel like a poor father before their child was even born?

A hand touched Ginny’s shoulder lightly, making her eyes open. Molly was still giving her that soft smile, that smile of understanding. “Did you give Harry an ultimatum? Did you give him no other option but to leave his post?”

Ginny shook her head, so Molly pressed on. “Then it sounds like Harry made the choice on his own. He’s a strong-willed man, and he knows what will make him happy, and it sounds as if he knows that you will make his life the happiest. What will he be doing instead?”

“Training recruits,” The knots that had been pulled so tightly in Ginny’s stomach seemed to lessen as her mother comforted her.

“I believe he would make a great trainer. He has patience and a level head. It sounds to me he will find joy in this new position, and this way he will know you are comfortable and happy. The old saying goes ‘Happy wife, happy life,’ and though the two of you are not married, it seems Harry has the correct attitude.” The sly look Molly sent her daughter went unnoticed by Ginny. Her current state of distress and confusion caused Ginny to have tunnel vision.

Ginny wanted more than anything to believe what her mother was saying, but it was hard to even imagine that someone found her this important. The idea that Harry would change everything for her… it completely bowled her over.

Again, Molly seemed to know what Ginny was thinking before any words were spoken. “You are an incredible woman, Ginny. Never let anyone stop you from seeing that. Harry sees it. I see it. Your father and brothers all see it.”

Everything Molly said started to solidify in Ginny’s mind, making her body feel warm, though that may have just been the tea. Then something her mother had said earlier nagged at her. “Mum,” Ginny slapped herself in forehead. “Harry and I are getting married.”

Molly was silent for a count of five before a quick excited squeal exited her mouth. “Oh, my Goodness! How? When? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” A quickly flash of anger appeared on Ginny’s mother’s face, before changing back to excitement and happiness. Molly grabbed Ginny’s hands in hers. Looking at the diamond now ever present on Ginny’s ring finger. “How in the world could I have missed this? How did he ask?”

“Actually, Mum,” Ginny couldn’t prevent the bubble of joy from leaving her in a laugh, even if she had wanted too. “I asked him.”

Shock flickered across Molly’s face, to be replaced by a bright smile. “But of course, my daughter would refuse to follow tradition. So, he said yes?”

“How could he refuse all this?” Ginny teased, gesturing down her body. She had never taken stock in the traditional mother-daughter moments, but this one was just what she wanted. “Actually, he already had the ring.” She wiggled her ring finger, still held lightly by her mother.

“How did I miss this earlier?” Molly muttered to herself again, as she released Ginny’s hands. “I’m assuming this was after you told him about the baby?”

Ginny regaled her mother in the story of her engagement, letting them both forget all the hardships they were facing in the world. For the moment, they were just a mother and child excited over the future nuptials of the family’s only daughter.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

Harry remained on the couch in the flat he shared with Ginny for more time then he wanted. His loving and kind girlfriend had threatened to have a nanny cam stashed in all rooms in the house if he kept disobeying the doctor’s orders. He had been home only three days, but Ginny was getting fed up with his less than decent patient attitude, which meant his attempt at levity by promising to liven up the nanny cam feed with some casual nudity was only met with a reluctant smile quickly followed by a frown. She had told him that while she was visiting her mother, he was to remain resting on this couch, and if he was a - and this was a direct quote - “Good boy,” he would get a treat.

So, he stayed on the couch, not for the treat, but so Ginny’s stress levels wouldn’t rise. She had more than enough to deal with, without him being a piss poor patient. However, he wasn’t just going to sit around with mindless television playing in the background. No, he had invited Tonks to come over, so he could be updated on the case. He just decided to wait for Ginny to be out of the house - again she had enough to deal with.

He had meant what he had said to Ginny. After this case he would leave the field unless the need was dire. A knock on the front door snapped him out of his reverie, he hopped up from his cushion and hobbled over to the entry.

Tonks stood on the stoop, giving him her signature grin. “Good to see you, Potter,” Tonks slapped him on the shoulder as she walked into the flat.

Harry followed behind his partner as she made herself at home, taking a seat in one of the arm chairs that sat around a coffee table. Harry took his previous spot, ensuring Ginny would be none the wiser to his movement when she returned.

“So,” Tonks said, placing a manila folder Harry hadn’t noticed before on the table between them. “The big picture is that Bellatrix Lestrange was confirmed to have been sending messages to Boot, blackmailing him into cooperation.” As she spoke, Tonks pulled out multiple papers with proof on the contact between the late Boot and Bellatrix. “He was how our suspects had so much information on the inner workings of the case from our side.”

She then pulled out a morgue report. “Four confirmed dead at the raid, Lestrange included. Bellatrix Lestrange is thought, however, to have been a part of a bigger organization. We took her phone and accessed what we could from it, which wasn’t much, but more than we knew before. She had three contacts, all of which did not pick up when we tried to call them, also when we traced the numbers and they all led to what we have concluded to be burner phones.”

“So far nothing to really help us,” Harry grumbled. Everything was leading them to dead ends.

Tonks looked pleased to see the good old grumpy Harry was still in there. “Very true, however there were undeleted messages that have revealed some information into our suspects’ minds.” She flicked through a few pages from the folder, until she found what she had been looking for. She shoved the paper into Harry’s hands. It showed a conversation between Bella and someone named V.

They discussed his technique on hypnotizing and how to make sure the victim put up no fight. There were also debates on who to target and when Bellatrix would get to, “Put on her first show.” Between V and Bella, it was decided to target Harry, based on his fame. There were messages from months previous, detailing Harry’s actions. Who he spent most of his time with, who he seemed to care for most, his daily routine. The result had been that Ginny was his weak spot and targeting her would make Harry lose his resolve. They had done a smaller test, following Tonks and seeing how Harry would react. The two criminals had been pleased with the results. There had been a small change in their plans four days before Fred had been taken. At first, they had all intentions to kidnap Ginny, but then V had suggested a change in plan. That had been the final message, with only a few calls after.

Harry’s blood had turned to ice as he continued to read the messages between the conspirators. So, Harry had been right, he had been a target which in turn had ruined the Weasley family by association.

Tonks was watching him carefully. She knew how hard he took things, and this was up there.

“Fuck,” Harry finally breathed. “So, we need to find this V. Do we have any leads on them?”

“No,” Tonks admitted. “They were careful to never use real names and no information other than that one letter.”

“So, this bastard is still out there, basically with a hit list and my name at the top?” Harry asked, keeping his voice calm by force.

Tonks knew the calm tone was false, so she picked her words carefully. “We don’t know who this V is, but we do have an idea on one of the other contacts. L. Remember that woman who opened the blinds in the video feed?”

Harry nodded, focusing on his breathing and making sure he didn’t explode.

“Well, we did a facial recognition and found a name. Narcissa Malfoy, who is married to a Lucius Malfoy.”

“And?”

Tonks let out a sigh. “We just found out the name an hour ago, so we have an APW out on Lucius now.”

Harry nodded absentmindedly. Tonks looked around the sitting room. “Where’s Ginny?”

“With her mother,” Harry ran a hand through his messy locks. “She should be back soon actually.”

“Okay, well, I suggest keeping an eye on one another for a bit, at least until we find this Lucius.”

Harry nodded again. He was still trying to wrap his head around those messages. They were fucked up, but something picked at him. “Why would the use physical messages?” Harry posed finally, making Tonks stop organizing the envelope. “These two are smart criminals. Why would they leave a trail?”

“I had the same thought,” Tonks admitted. “That’s why I think you and Ginny should stay close to each other for a bit. Maybe you should go see Ginny’s mother as well.”

“They clearly have no issue going after her family,” Harry retorted. Anytime he thought of Fred, his anger bubbled to surface, threatening to boil over. Now that he had physical proof he was the reason for Fred’s state… Fuck these guys!

“True,” Tonks held her hands up in surrender. “Just… think about it.”

The sound of a key at the door may the two inspectors turn the heads. Ginny’s long and vivid hair was the first thing they could see as she entered the flat walking backwards.

“I brought dinner and I even picked up a treacle tart for pudding,” Ginny called as she closed the front door. She spun around to see Harry and Tonks watching her. “Oh, hello Tonks! I didn’t know you would be here, but I have enough Thai food to feed an army, so hopefully you can stay for dinner.”

Tonks stood up, grabbing her file as she walked towards the exit. “Unfortunately not, I’m on the clock. I just wanted to check up on Harry here. I’ll see you both later.” She fled the flat as quickly as she could. Harry couldn’t stop himself from calling her a coward in his head, as she ran. Tonks clearly had no desire to be there when he explained all about Bellatrix and the mysterious V. Hell, Harry didn’t want to be there either.

Ginny had a temper that could flare at any little thing, but especially at large things, and hearing all about those messages, having proof that Fred had not just been chosen at random… Harry hoped the smoke alarm worked, because there was going to be a fire in the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

Ginny turned her pillow over for the fifth time that night, so her skin was cooled by the new side. Harry’s deep intakes of breath the only sound inside the bedroom. She couldn’t seem to shut her mind off. Harry had explained everything he knew so far about the case, from the messages to what he suspected this V was trying to do.

Create a cult basically, Ginny’s thoughts had concluded after Harry finished his spiel. It seemed to Harry that Bellatrix was just one of many possible people to join this… community, and what a fucking community it was. Becoming kidnappers… murderers, just what the streets of London needed.

Ginny turned her body, so she could see Harry’s face. When he slept, he looked ten years younger. Between all the trauma of his childhood and the cases he was put on, Harry had seen enough to make him twenty years older than he was. His nose twitched ever so slightly as she watched, giving him a rabbit like appearance. Not that she’d ever say that to him while he was awake.

She tried to clear her mind, block out any unwanted thoughts or feelings, but it was impossible as the image of Fred’s unmoving form vividly appeared in her mind’s eye. Those… those… bastards had planned to take her brother from her, in more than one way. What she didn’t quite understand was why they thought hurting Fred would destroy Harry. Her only conclusion had been that the culprits had hoped it would ruin hers and Harry’s relationship. Obviously, they didn’t know her or Harry very well. If anything, it had made her feelings for him stronger, making her want to keep him closer than ever.

They did hurt her though, which in turn, hurt Harry, but it made Ginny fear that there may be more. She still had no clue why they wanted to hurt Harry, but fuck them.

Unconsciously, Harry seemed to know Ginny’s emotions had flared, and he pulled her tightly to his chest, still fast asleep. From her new position, Ginny felt warm and safe, making her temper calm. When Harry had been unconscious in the hospital, Ginny hadn’t been sure how much she could handle. If both Harry and Fred had left her… She had been ready to bargain and plead with a God she wasn’t sure she entirely believed in, but then Harry had awoken. With him Ginny felt like they could take anything the world threw at them, and honestly the world seemed to want to throw a lot.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

Tonks stared at the slowing swinging bodies. The APW on Lucius Malfoy had led them to his residence, a fancy manor in a Wiltshire. When Tonks and her temporary partner, Keegan, arrived on the scene a gruesome sight welcomed them.

A muster of peacocks littered the front yard, blood spilled around their corpses. The creatures had been killed in multiple ways. Some seemed to have knife wounds, others snapped necks. The scene had brought a foreboding feeling to Tonks, which had spread throughout her bones. She had knocked on the front door to the manor, which had swung open at her touch.

In the entryway, a staircase sat to the right and hanging from the upper level rafters were two swinging bodies. One male and one female, both with pale blond hair.

They had been able to confirm the deceased were Lucius and his wife Narcissa Malfoy. When Tonks called in for backup a crew had developed around her, quickly and efficiently. The sense of foreboding had increased every minute Tonks was in the house. She had personally wanted to take the bodies down from their nooses right away, but she knew better. They had to examine the scene as it was found.

Tonks tore her gaze from Narcissa’s perfectly manicured swinging toes and started up the staircase. The couple were hung by ropes around their necks. Once they pulled the bodies down, the team would check for a sign of a struggle. If this was the mysterious V’s work… Fucking Hell!

Something was tied to the railing nearest to Lucius. Tonks slowly went over to it, moving her gloved hand to untie a light blue ribbon. For such a horrible scene the ribbon was such a pleasant sight. As the knot loosened a rolled-up scroll fell off the other side of banister, landing on the ground floor. Tonks hurried back down the stairs and opened the note.

“I look forward to our little game. See you at the next show, V 2022.”

“What the fuck!” Tonks couldn’t stop herself from yelling. This bastard was playing a game. It really had been a game to them. Two thousand and twenty-two? Was that a warning for a year? Was he going to disappear and come back in four years? She wished her head could wrap around this case like that ribbon around the guardrail.
Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear