Search:

SIYE Time:0:31 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Legacy of Regulus Black, the Story Continues
By Gin110881

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 64
Summary: What happened to Harry and Ginny after their mysterious Portkey journey and how did the legacy of Regulus Black change their lives, up to the defeat of Tom Riddle? Becomes more and more AU during the story.
Sequel to The Legacy of Regulus Black
Hitcount: Story Total: 32757; Chapter Total: 2463
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Here it is, the penultimate chapter. Maybe I'll add a short epilogue after that.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Monday, February 12th, 1996

"What the...oh." Harry almost pulled the communication mirror out of his pocket, but then thought better of it. "Gin, I'll be right back. Sirius is calling."

When Ginny gave him a questioning look, he shrugged. "I don’t know what he wants."

Although they had agreed to carry the mirrors with them all the time, Sirius had never called him at dinner time. Without hurry, Harry headed to the loo in a side corridor of the Great Hall.

He was relieved when he found the room deserted and went straight into one of the stalls.

He left the door ajar to have good view at the entry door and took his mirror out of its wooden box. Tapping the mirror with his wand, he muttered, "Sirius."

The mirror lit up and the worried face of his godfather appeared.

"Hi, Sirius, what's up?" Harry asked.

"I'm glad I caught you," Sirius replied. "We need to talk. As soon as possible. Undisturbed."

"In half an hour?" Harry asked, worried about the concern on his godfather's face.

"Okay, in half an hour," Sirius confirmed, and the mirror went blank again. Shaking his head in confusion, Harry put the mirror back into his pocket and left the cubicle.

He stepped out into the corridor when he heard a voice calling him. "Wotcher, Harry."

Startled, he turned and looked into the grinning face of a pink-haired young woman wearing an Auror uniform.

"Eh, ... I remember you," Harry began. "Nymph ..."

"Nope," the young woman interrupted him, rolling her eyes. "It's Tonks. Nice to meet you again, Harry."

"Yes, it's been a while," Harry confirmed. "August?"

"Exactly." Tonks smiled at him. "You were sick when I was at Grimmauld Place for Christmas. At least that's what my cousin Sirius told me."

"Oh, Sirius is your cousin?" Harry asked in astonishment as the door to the girls' loo opened and Luna stepped out.

"Hi Luna," Harry greeted.

"Hi Harry," replied the blond girl.

"I hope to see you soon again, Harry," Tonks said. "Now I need to accompany this young Lady to Umbridge's trial. Oh, and thanks for alerting us back then, Harry."

Harry escorted the two of them back to the Great Hall, where he took his seat next to Ginny again.

"Is Luna on her way to Umbridge's trial?" his girlfriend asked, watching Luna and Tonks leave the Great Hall.

"Yeah." Harry nodded. "And, Sirius wants to talk to me as soon as possible. Do you want to come with me?"

"Silly question," Ginny replied. "You're lucky I let you go to the toilet on your own. Where should we do the call?"

Harry gave her a scowl. "You know I can take care of myself."

"Of course, I know that," Ginny replied. "But do you remember what Sirius told us? Ever since he warned us, you never let me leave the Gryffindor Tower alone. You made sure that Colin is my constant companion when you are not with me."

"This is..." Harry started.

"No, that’s not different at all." Ginny disagreed. "If you don't like my company..."

"Gin, that's not true," Harry complained. "I’ve asked you if you wanted to come with me, and I want you to come with me." Harry shrugged. "It's just ... The whole situation just gets on my nerves ... this constantly watching our backs."

"Don’t you think I feel the same?" Ginny asked.

Harry took a deep breath. "You’re right," he admitted. "Sorry, I wasn’t thinking." Looking into her eye, he gave Ginny a sad smile.

"Not only you." Ginny took his hand in hers. "This situation is getting on both of our nerves. When was the last time we had an evening just for the two of us?"

"Yes, it’s been a while." Harry squeezed her hand. "But for now, let's visit Barnabas the Barmy and ask Sirius what’s bitten him."

*** Ginny & Harry ***


Harry walked three times past the section of blank wall opposite the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy, concentrating hard on what he wanted the room to look like.

He beckoned Ginny over as he slowly opened the door to the Room of Requirements. "Come on, before someone sees us."

He grinned at her mischievously as he led her through the door.

"Oh, Harry." Ginny laughed. "Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve seen this room?"

"No idea. Last summer? Before you went to Grimmauld Place?" Harry looked around. "I've never been in your room, Ginny."

"It was in the summer after my second year," Ginny said. "That's ... that was a year and a half ago." Harry saw tears rolling down her cheek as she laughed happily.

"How did you come up with this silly idea?" Ginny asked, shaking her head in amazement.

"I had something to make up for, hadn't I?" He grinned sheepishly at Ginny.

"Oh, Harry," Ginny laughed and hugged him. "That was so cute of you."

"Are you going to show me your room?" Harry asked.

"There is not much to see," Ginny explained. "I spent the first eleven years of my life here. Well, that’s not true," she chuckled. "The first year I slept in Mum and Dad's room."

Harry looked around. "Pink walls, huh?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh," Ginny snickered sheepishly. "This was my wish for my sixth birthday."

Ginny went to the wardrobe and opened it. "I don't think any of this clobber still fits me," she giggled.

Harry looked around. "Who's on the poster?"

"Gwenog Jones," Ginny said without missing a beat. "The captain of the Holyhead Harpies."

"You have a nice room. I'm really jealous." Harry grinned. "Well, except for the colour of the walls."

"Brat," Ginny muttered, shaking her head, laughing. "I thought we were here to talk to Sirius."

"Yeah, right." Harry looked around. "Let's sit on the bed."

He took his mirror out of his pocket. Holding it a little farther away so they could both be seen, he tapped it with his wand. "Sirius!"

Sirius image appeared on the mirror. "Finally."

"Hello, Sirius, I'm glad to see you, too." Ginny giggled.

"Hello, you two," Sirius replied gravely. "I have important news."

"Okay, what about?" Harry answered, suddenly expecting the worst. Even Ginny had stopped giggling.

"Bill has informed me that the Order, probably through Snape, has received the information that Voldemort wants to steal the Prophecy from the Ministry."

"Okay," Harry interjected. "But he's been trying it for months now."

"Voldemort has ordered Lucius Malfoy to bring him the prophecy within the next two weeks, no matter how," Sirius stated. "We suspect he will try to blackmail or bribe Fudge to get his hands on the prophecy. But Fudge is under pressure because of the Umbridge trial and the corruption allegations against him. That's why we think it's very likely that Malfoy will try to break into the Hall of Prophecy to steal it."

"Hmm," said Harry. "What can we do about it?"

"That's why I called you, Harry," Sirius explained. "We’re going to steal the prophecy by ourselves before Malfoy gets the chance to nick it."

"Oh." Harry gave Ginny a surprised look. She was obviously pondering everything Sirius had said.

"We think Malfoy won't go into the Ministry before the weekend. The ministry is always crowded on weekdays. Another thing is that, according to Bill, the prophecy can only be touched by someone who is a party to it. This would be Voldemort, or you, Harry, or the person who made the prophecy. We don't know who made the prophecy, but we suspect Malfoy doesn't know that he won't be able to touch the prophecy."

"When do we go into the Ministry?" Ginny asked.

"The Order is still guarding the Prophecy," Sirius explained. "Next weekend, it’s Bill's turn to stand guard again. We want to go into the Hall of Prophecy during one of his shifts, preferable Saturday night."

"Does Dumbledore know about it?" Harry asked.

"No, not yet." Sirius shook his head. "In his position as Chief Warlock, he certainly knows the means and ways to remove the prophecy, and I've been wondering for some time why he's never made any plans to retrieve it."

"Where will I meet you?" Harry asked.

"No, the question is, where will we meet you," Ginny corrected him.

"Ginny, you ..."

"I'm coming with you." Ginny stubbornly glared at him.

"Gin, I don't want you to come. It's too dangerous," Harry insisted.

"Okay," Ginny said with a dangerous undertone. "Would you stay behind if I asked you because it's too dangerous?"

"Of course not. You’ve heard Sirius. I need to go." Harry declared.

"And so do I."

*** Ginny & Harry ***


Wednesday, February 14th, 1996

Harry took Ginny’s hand and led her through the door. "Last Monday you were so happy to spend some time in your room, so I got the idea to bring you here for our Valentine's picnic," Harry explained, not sure if Ginny would like his idea. "What do you think?"

Ginny looked about, smiling. "It's always great to be back at the Burrow." She slowly walked about the living room, her eyes wandering over the shelves and the cupboards.

"Let’s make it homey." Walking up to the fireplace, she lit the fire with a wave of her wand and continued her rounds.

"Look." She stopped in front of a picture of her family waving to her and eyed it fondly. "Here we're all in Egypt visiting Bill. I haven't seen the picture for ages." She smiled happily and moved on.

Picking up a book from a shelf, Ginny cheered. "Oh. I've been looking for this book everywhere. I must have forgotten it when we went back to Hogwarts for my third year."

"What book is it?" Harry asked.

"Oh," Ginny grinned shyly, "just a silly romance." She looked around uncertainly. "Do you think the Room of Requirements will allow me to take the book with me?"

"Just try it." Harry shrugged.

Grinning sheepishly, he removed the invisibility cloak he’d used to hide the picnic basket on their way to the seventh floor. "I wasn’t sure if we'd find something to eat here, so I asked Dobby to prepare a picnic basket."

Ginny snorted. "I was worried we'd both have to cook dinner together."

"No, not on Valentine's Day." Harry shook his head. "Maybe next time ... if you want."

"Cooking with you?" Ginny looked at him, contemplating the idea. "I’d like that." She walked up to Harry and helped him set the table.

"It’s a strange feeling to have a date with your boyfriend in your home when your parents are away," Ginny chuckled.

"I thought you'd like to be at home again." Harry smiled haltingly.

"Oh, I do." Ginny giggled. "It even feels a bit adventurous, as if Mum could walk around the corner any moment and catch us red-handed."

"Don't say that too loud." Harry chuckled. "You never know what surprises the room has in store."

*** Ginny & Harry ***


"Do you think we can leave the house?" Ginny asked thoughtfully, as she sipped her Butterbeer to wash down the last bites of her dinner.

"Let's try," Harry replied, taking her by the hand and leading her to the back door.

They pressed their noses against the door pane and tried to peer out into the darkness.

"It's pitch black," Ginny muttered disappointed. "Is the backyard really out there?"

Harry pushed the doorknob and carefully opened the door a bit. An icy draught blew through the crack of the door. "Do you really want to head out?" Harry gave Ginny a questioning look.

"Why not?" Ginny shrugged. "We're here once, so let's have a look."

Harry grinned in amusement. Opening the door completely, he stepped out into the backyard, taking Ginny by the hand.

In the faint light of the moon peering through the clouds, he glanced over the backyard of the Burrow. In the cold wind billions of small snowflakes were dancing, melting the moment they touched the damp ground.

Ginny cuddled closer to him and looked around. "It's so cold here, but it’s beautiful. I'd like to come back more often."

"Back in the backyard? In this weather?" Harry asked amused.

Rolling her eyes, Ginny poked him in the ribs. "Back to the Burrow. I really miss it."

Closely embraced, they stood silently in the darkness, watching the snow fall. Inhaling in the scent of Ginny's hair, Harry smiled contentedly. As Ginny began to shiver, she snuggled closer to Harry.

"You’re lucky the Triwizard Tournament doesn’t take place this year." Harry looked down at her gravely.

"Why is that?" Ginny replied, confused.

"You don't have to freeze in the cold at the bottom of the Black Lake until I save you." Harry grinned at her cheekily.

"Brat!" Ginny thrust her elbow into his ribs, returning his cheeky grin.

"Let's go inside, you're freezing." Harry gently bit her ear.

"Sounds like an offer to warm me up," Ginny laughed.

"If you ask nicely," Harry smirked and led Ginny back in the living room.

He slouched on the couch while Ginny turned on the wireless, searching for a station playing her favourites. When the Greasy Buckets sounded from the radio, she turned around with a blissful cheer. Hurrying over to Harry, she jumped at him and threw her arms around his neck.

“Urgh, Ginny,” Harry groaned, what earned him a giggle.

Straddling his legs, Ginny was sitting on his lap, looking into his eyes. She gave him a smug smile. “Now, let’s enjoy the cosy part of the evening, Harry.”

She laid her head on his shoulder, her lips lingering on the skin of his neck. Harry gasped for air when he felt Ginny's breath as she slowly trailed kisses from his neck down to the collarbone, her hands wandering over his bare back under his shirt.

As she leaned her forehead against his, smiling at him, he pulled her closer and gently kissed her lips. Inhaling the flowery scent of her hair, he let his tongue slowly glide over her lips. With a deep moan, she granted him access. They let their tongue tips dance around each other. A shiver ran down his spine when Ginny deepened the kiss by pushing her tongue forward to explore his mouth. He reached with his hand into her hair, holding her head to keep her lips firmly pressed against his. The lack of oxygen and Ginny's bum continuously grinding over his lap, made him gasp for air.

Harry was just about to kiss her again when Ginny pulled away.

She bit her bottom lip and grinned at him mischievously. "Hmm, Harry, that's in the way," she murmured, reaching for the hem of his shirt and began pulling it upwards. Without thinking, Harry took off his glasses and helped her removing his shirt.

"Help me," he heard Ginny whisper as she started pulling her own shirt over her head. Harry assisted her to drag her flaming red hair through the neckline of her shirt.

"Ginny," he gasped, realising that Ginny was not wearing a bra Putting his glasses on again, his eyes instantly wandered over her breasts.

When, open-mouthed, he finally lifted his eyes to look her in the eye, Ginny chuckled. "I thought it would be easier for you when I didn't wear a bra."

"May I?" Harry asked, with a goofy grin on his face.

"If you want to." Ginny smiled.

When Harry cupped her breasts with his hands, Ginny closed her eyes, smiling.

"What do you think?" Ginny opened her eyes again, giving Harry an expectant look.

"It's...It feels wonderful." Harry confessed.

Ginny flushed slightly and sank into Harry's arms, pressing her upper body against his. Harry relished the feeling of bare skin on bare skin.

Then, somehow, they were kissing again. Harry didn’t waste time. Brushing his tongue against her lips, he asked for invitation. He was not disappointed.

She opened her lips for him, and as soon as he entered, their tongues started exploring their mouths again. Harry closed his eyes and indulged in the beguiling sensations.

He groaned when Ginny started grinding her bum in his lap. She giggled when she noticed his discomfort, increasing her efforts to arouse him.

Her movements, the kisses and Ginny's bare breast against his chest made Harry gasp for air and groan Ginny's name.

To ease the increasingly passionate pressure in his groin, he let his hand slide down Ginny's back and cupped the firm warmth of her bottom. Lifting her slightly to reduce the pressure, he hugged her tightly. "Harry!" Ginny groaned.

Clinging closely to Harry, Ginny let herself fall sideways onto the sofa. Her left hand held his head, gently ruffling his hair. Putting her forehead against his, she looked him in the eyes. "Relax, Harry."

Harry winced as he felt Ginny open the upper button of his trousers and let her hand slip into his boxers.

"Ginny ..." he moaned as she clasped him and stroked him slowly. His eyes opened widely when a shiver went through his body, making him groan, "Ginnieee."

Out of breath, he closed his eyes and felt the shivers slowly fading away. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Ginny’s smug grin. Giving him a peck on the lips, she pulled her hand out of his trousers.

She watched the milky substance on her fingers with interest, murmuring, "This was fun."

"Ginny," Harry said sheepishly. "What about you?"

"You'll get your chance." She kissed him firmly on his lips. "And I hope soon." Reaching for the blanket covering the sofa, she wiped her fingers.

Pulling her closer, Harry looked into her eyes.

Intertwining their legs, Ginny snuggled up to him and sighed satisfied. "I'd never thought I'd do this for the first time in our living room." Giggling, she went on, "Next time we come here, we go up to my room. It's more comfortable in my bed."

"Would you rather turn the light on or off?" Harry gave her an exploring look.

"Prat." Ginny grinned challengingly, and put her forehead against his. "I want to see you."

The idea of seeing even more of Ginny made Harry blush. "I like the idea."

Pulling her knee up, Ginny ran her leg over Harry's thigh, smiling smugly at him.

"Ginny," Harry groaned.

"Admit it, Harry. You can hardly wait." She giggled.

"We should come here more often." Harry kissed her. Resting his head on a pillow, he pulled Ginny closer. As she laid her head comfortably on his shoulder, he pulled the sofa blanket over them both.

They laid on the sofa, wrapped in each other’s arms, just enjoying the crackle of the fire and the low music.

"I'd actually considered having our picnic at your pond," Harry revealed after a while. "But I wasn't sure if the room would hold the water."

"Do you think we can ask the Room of Requirement for sunshine, Harry?" Ginny gave Harry a questioning look. "A picnic in the cold doesn't sound romantic."

"We could at least try," Harry replied.

"You’re right. But I'm afraid that after all this time my bathing costume doesn't fit any more."

"Ask your Mum to send you a new one," Harry suggested.

"She's going to ask me what I need a bathing costume for in the middle of the winter." Ginny chuckled. "But if we two are alone, we won't need bathing costumes."

Harry looked at Ginny in surprise. When he realised that she was serious, he thought about her suggestion. "If you want," he finally agreed, a silly grin crossing his face.

Ginny looked at him dreamily, obviously pondering something.

"What do you want to do?" she asked suddenly. "I mean, after Hogwarts."

"Huh?" Harry met her eyes. "Do you mean my career choices?"

"Hmm," Ginny nodded, smiling expectantly at him.

Harry lifted his hand and caressed her cheek, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. "I'm not sure. We're having a consultation with McGonagall about it in a few weeks."

"You really don't know what you want to do later?" Ginny looked at him searchingly.

"I really don't know." Harry grimaced. "Who knows if I can do anything at all as long as Voldemort is after me."

"Yeah, that's true," Ginny agreed with a sad smile. "But what would you like to do if Tom was not there?"

"And you?" Harry turned the table. "What would you like to do?"

"Oh, I'm not sure, but I like flying," Ginny admitted. "Yes, definitely something with flying."

"Do you want to play Quidditch professionally?" Harry asked in surprise.

"That would be fun," Ginny replied. "But I would rather do something on my own."

"That sounds good," said Harry enthusiastically. "Maybe we can make racing brooms or Quidditch brooms. Can you imagine the fun testing brooms all day?"

"Yes, something like that." Ginny nodded affirmatively. "But unfortunately, these are just dreams."

"Why?" Harry asked astonished.

"If you want to start something on your own you need money. Money I don't have," Ginny explained.

"We could talk to Sirius," Harry answered. "He once said I have a vault full of money in Gringotts. I'll inherit the Potter fortune when I turn seventeen. I don't know how much that is exactly, but we can ask Sirius."

"Oh, Potter," Ginny replied with a mischievous grin. She put her forehead to his and looked into his eyes. "It seems you're a good catch. Unfortunately, I'm as poor as a church mouse. I'm afraid you'll dump me as soon as you’ll get all your money."

"Oh, Ginny. You're a keeper. Why should I dump a keeper?" Harry grinned back.

Ginny leaned forward and whispered in Harry's ear, "You seem to have confused me with someone else. Remember, I am a chaser."

"Oh, really?" Harry mocked her. "Then I’ll have to think it over again."

"Dare you!" Ginny jabbed her index fingers into Harry's ribs.

Harry pulled Ginny closer and kissed her. His tongue slid over her lips, begging for entrance. Slowly, their tongue tips began to dance around each other again. The more the lack of oxygen and the scent of Ginny clouded Harry's senses, the more passionate the kiss became. When Harry finally broke the kiss, gasping for air, he smiled happily at Ginny.

Amazed, Harry realised how comfortable he felt, lying tightly entwined, skin on skin with Ginny, on the sofa. Being honest with himself, he knew he could hardly wait to come back here. With a satisfied sigh, he pulled Ginny closer and kissed the tip of her nose.

Looking Ginny into the eyes, Harry smiled. "We’ll come back here as soon as we're back from the Ministry."

"Yeah," Ginny sighed. "The Ministry."

"If everything goes well, Bill will let us in, I’ll take the prophecy and we’ll head back to Hogwarts," Harry said.

"Yeah," Ginny snorted. "It'll be quite easy."
Reviews 64
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear