Search:

SIYE Time:9:49 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Natural
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 61
Summary: Most things didn’t come naturally to Harry -- like brewing a Pepperup Potion or making a halfway decent treacle tart. In fact, the only thing that had come naturally was Quidditch… until he met Ginny Weasley.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55649; Chapter Total: 3879
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
A thank you goes out to: TheDistantDusk, Arnel, and gryffindormischief. They were awesome and edited this chapter! The American version of The Office inspired some elements in this chapter and the next one :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Greece?” Harry’s mind couldn’t move fast enough. She was going away for three months-- to Greece-- for three months!

“Harry?” Ginny snapped her fingers in front of his nose. “Harry, did you get lost in there?”

“Why Greece?”

“Gwen thinks traveling and playing will bond us more than ever.” Ginny moved over towards tea kettle, tapped it with her wand and waited for it to steam. “More tea?’

“Sure.” Harry sat back into his previously vacated chair. He took a deep breath and tried to think logically. “That seems like a good strategy on Jones’ part.”

Ginny brought the now (thanks to magic) scorching hot water over to the table and refilled Harry’s mug. “I think it will help us. I’m staying on first team. Gia has decided to retire after the baby is born. Actually.” She looked at the calender tacked to the wall. “He’s due any day now. She’s planning on calling him Edwin. Not something I’d call my son, but…”

She gave a dramatic eye roll as she walked over to the table, cradling her tea. Once she had claimed her spot across from Harry, she gave him a questioning look. “What are you thinking, Harry?”

Here was his first test. He told her he was going to be one hundred percent open with her, so he needed to articulate his feelings…not one of his finer skills.

“I -” He took a deep breath. “I’m going to miss you.”

Ginny placed her mug down gently and reached across the wooden surface to grab his hand. “I’ll miss you too, which is a given.”

“It will be odd not to see you all the time.”

“Well.” Ginny gave him a encouraging smile. “At least now you’ll be able to hang out with your mates whenever you want and hell, you can even leave trousers lying around the flat!”

“Why would I strip my trousers off in the kitchen? I’ve never understood that.”

As she stood from her chair, Ginny sent Harry a coquettish smirk. She came over and sat in his lap, and her fingers found their way to the small hairs at the back of his neck.

“I can think of one reason your trousers might end up on this floor.”

As much as Harry wanted to take full advantage to her invitation, he had to get all the details about the next three months that he could.

“Will you be able to have visitors?” Harry asked as he rubbed his thumbs over the base of her spine where her shirt had ridden up slightly.

“Not on base.” Ginny guided her hands up to his jawline, cupping his face. “But we get a three day weekend every month, so we could meet up, as long as you don’t have practice.”

“I will beg if I have to.” Harry leaned forwards so their foreheads touched. “This is great for you, Gin. Are you going to play against local teams for your pre-season?”

“Yeah. Gwenog thinks seeing some of the teams we don’t normally play against will help us develop a new play or two.”

“Smart woman.” Harry pressed a quick kiss to the tip of Ginny’s nose. “So, I guess that means you’ll have to make the most of the next seven days.”

“And I know just how to start.” Ginny licked her lips as she pulled her head away from his and moved her hands to the hem of his shirt.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“You have everything?” Harry asked a final time as he held Ginny close. Her bags had been packed for few days now, but Harry wanted to make sure.

“I believe so.” Ginny pressed her nose into his neck. “I made sure to pack that little bikini you like so much.” She moved her lips up to his. “Just for when you come in three weeks.”

“Good,” Harry murmured against her mouth. “Don’t wear it without me.”

“Okay.” Ginny kissed him once, twice, a third time before backing out of his embrace. “I best get to Holyhead. I wouldn’t want to miss the portkey.”

Harry could only stare as she tapped her luggage with her wand, shrinking the two bags to pocket size.

Once Ginny patted herself down to confirm she had everything, she walked back over to Harry one final time. “I’ll see you in three weeks.” She kissed him softly, not quite a ‘goodbye’ kiss but a ‘see you later’ kiss.

“Love you.” Harry watched her throw powder into the grate, call out the Harpies stadium and disappear into the burst of green flame.

Was it odd to already feel as if something were missing? Until Ginny, Harry had never had someone in his life who he wanted to be around constantly. They had only known each other for a year, but Merlin! Harry was not going to adjust to ninety days without Ginny very well at all.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“Mate, can you wingman me?” Devlin asked as he scanned the bar. Harry had joined him, Bastille, and Love for an after-practice pint.

Harry had been trying to dodge going home too early after practice. Without Ginny, the flat felt empty and cold. Two weeks was not enough time for him to truly adjust, but fuck, he hated living alone again.

Ever since he and Ginny had become intimate, he had spent most nights with her warm body curled next to him, and he had adjusted to the way her legs would wrap around his. He had even learned to deal with her hair fanning across the small space between them and tickling his nose.

The only benefit (if it truly was a benefit) to Ginny being gone was the fact that he spent a lot more time with his teammates. He had discovered he really liked Bastille, Wood, and Devlin.

Devlin, it turned out, was a game fanatic. Darts, cards, pool, you named it–Devlin was interested in a round. He had taken Harry under his wing, and had accordingly taught him the numerous bar games he enjoyed.

Tonight, however, Devlin was more interested in company of a female variety. “I mean, Potter.” Devlin slapped Harry on the back. “You managed to land a Harpie. You must have some skill.”

“Not really,” Harry admitted, taking another pull from his lager. “I’m awkward as shit. I’m just lucky Ginny finds that attractive.”

“So, you landed that red haired beauty by being a blundering fool?” Love asked from his chair beside Bastille.

“Well.” Harry thought back to just over a year ago. “I did manage to pull off a romantic star-gazing session back at tryouts.”

Bastille leaned in, his curiosity piqued. “You’re a hopeless romantic, Potter?”

When Harry shrugged, his mates laughed. “Let me guess.” Love waved a finger at Harry. “You do that thing where you kiss the back of her hand. Like something out of a fucking romantic novel.”

“Don’t judge too hard, Sam,” Harry reprimanded. “Remember who is getting laid more often than not.”

That made Bastille and Devlin laugh harder. Devlin slapped Harry’s back once more. “Alright, that settles it, lad. You’re my wingman tonight.”

“So, what was your move, Potter?” Bastille asked while Devlin went up to the bar to grab a final glass of liquid courage.

“Oh.” Harry couldn’t prevent the goofy smile from forming on his lips. “I snuck us out of the dorm at midnight with a bottle of red and some fruit I’d nicked from the kitchens. I cast a drying charm on a small section of the field.”

“There was dew,” Harry explained to the confused Bastille. He nodded his understand, gesturing for Harry to continue.

“Anyways, we sat and talked for hours. It didn’t matter the topic. We just laid there… looking at the sky. That was when I accepted I fancied her. She…” Harry felt his throat close. He cleared it. “Ginny has a way about her that I’m still fascinated by.”

Love let out a whistle. “Potter, you are the largest sap I know, but Merlin I would be lying if I said I hated that story.”

Bastille gave Harry half a grin and nodded. “You make me want that kind of thing.... But then again.” His eyes drifted over to a group of women in short skirts who had just walked in the door.

Devlin arrived back with a finger of whisky. “Alright, Potter. Ten o’clock. The blond.” He tipped the entire contents of his glass down his throat. “Let’s make our way in.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

“Three and a half weeks is too long,” Ginny complained again, her lips moving up his abdomen, happily taking their time approaching Harry’s mouth. “I had plans for us to take long walks on the beach, yet I just can’t seem to leave this bed.”

“A shame, that.” Harry moved his hands to spear through her hair. “We still have tomorrow.”

Ginny gave a hum of agreement against his lips. “I’ll even let you take me out to dinner.”

“And here I was going to let you take me out, but beggars can’t be choosers.”

“You don’t seem to be doing a very good job of begging, if you ask me.” Ginny pulled away slightly. “If you put on a good show, I may just take you up on your offer.”

Harry laughed as he slid his fingers from her hair to her waist. “Trust me, I can rise up to the challenge.” He tightened his grip and flipped them to the other side of the bed, placing himself on top of her.

Ginny trailed her lips up to Harry’s ear. “Oh, I have no doubt. I should start taking your order now.”

The ability to banter was nulled quickly, however, as Harry started on what he considered one of his favorite pastimes. A half an hour later, Ginny lay comfortably sated with her head pillowed on Harry’s chest.

“I’d say that deserves a nice five course meal,” Ginny praised. She turned her face to kiss his bare chest.

“I’d settle for a street souvlaki if that mean we can go for that walk along the beach you mentioned.”

“Deal.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“Still sulking, Potter?” Bastille patted Harry’s shoulder as he walked towards the changing room. “What’s been eating you? You’ve been in a mood all day.”

“We have that four hour meeting on Saturday.” Harry, who had been sitting on the team bench since the end of practice, turned to his teammate. Typically he hated sharing his problems with anyone but his parents, Sirius, or Ginny, but Bastille was becoming a trusted companion.

“Ah.” The beater nodded his understanding. “And this is Ginny’s long weekend.”

Harry grunted and placed his elbows on his knees, and leaned forward so his chin rested on his open palms.

“I’m assuming there isn’t enough time to go there between the meeting and practice on Sunday?”

“No,” Harry practically moaned. “That meeting starts at eight and won't be over until midnight, which means the portkey office will be closed for the night. And I doubt I could convince the head of the Department of Magical Transportation to give me an off-base portkey, because that’s against protocol and Ginny’s brother, the fucking head, is a stickler for rules.”

Harry took in a deep breath. He had been silently fuming all day, and it was like a dam had opened and all his emotional backlog was pouring out. “That doesn’t bring up the point of having an early practice on Sunday.” His head dropped so he was looking at his feet. “I don’t see any practical way to make this work.”

Bastille was quiet for a moment before he let out a dramatic gasp. “Boy, Potter, you really look like shit. Have you been feeling ill today? Maybe you should take Sunday off and spend it in bed.” Bastille grinned down at his friend. “Devlin wouldn’t be mad at you for keeping your disease away from the team.”

Harry’s neck snapped up. “John?”

“Harry,” Bastille sat down on the bench. “I have your back. I know how much she means to you. The way you just can’t stop smiling when you talk about her. Honestly, I’m surprised you two didn’t elope before she went away. Besides.” He knocked Harry’s shoulder. “You tend to play better once you’ve had a leg over.”

“I want to marry her,” Harry admitted, a deep blush rising to his cheeks. “I told her before she left.”

“And you didn’t head out to a wedding official?”

“We talked about it and we came to the conclusion we didn’t want to spend the first few months of our engagement apart.”

Bastille nodded slowly. “I can see that.” He slapped Harry’s shoulder as he stood. “I’ll cover you if you want. Just call me before you leave.”

“Thanks, John.” Harry watched his friend walk into the locker room.

Harry looked back towards the field. He had always admired the groundskeepers–the way they made sure the grass was cut to perfect height. How they made sure no remnants from their practices could be seen.

His mind started to drift back to Ginny, as it had all day. He wished he could be looking upon this well-tended field with her. They had both loved watching the men work on the tryout field. They had sat up in the stands, watching and talking.

Merlin, he fucking missed her!

He had known being distant would be hard, but fuck! Firecalls, letters, and visits every twenty-seven days was not enough for him.

It was that moment he came to a decision. He stood and headed to the Floo. He needed to go speak with some important people before Saturday.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX


“So, is Harry coming this weekend?” Emily asked, wriggling her eyebrows at Ginny through the mirror.

“No.” Ginny, who had come into her friend’s room for the company, lay on the bed while Emily dressed for her night on the town. “He has practice and meeting tomorrow night and early practice Sunday so I’m boyfriend-less for the weekend.”

Ginny had refused to let her disappointment affect her mood. She had wanted to see Harry desperately, but with two busy schedules… Besides, all she had to do was make it another thirty days and she would be with him again. And such a long wait was bound to make their reunion that much more intense, right?

Emily turned away from her floor-length mirror. “So, you can come be my wingwoman tonight?”

“Er… Do you really want me to?”

“Fuck yeah!” Emily clapped her hands together. “You landed a sexy bloke once, maybe you can help me land one.”

Ginny quirked an eyebrow. “Harry is a rare case. Trust me when I tell you, I’m still confused how I, as you put it, landed him.”

“Ginny, the lad is crazy about you.” Emily looked at her with a wistful expression. “You make me wish I had a man to dote on me.” She turned to face the mirror once more to apply a final layer of lipstick. “But then again there are so many options out there, why not test a few models? I’m currently making my way through the Greek line.”

The two women laughed. “Alright.” Emily picked up her handbag. “You need to change into something hot. Not too hot.” She placated Ginny’s complaints before they were said aloud. “We don’t want the boys getting the wrong idea, but you can’t head into το εργαστ^ 2;ριο in sweats and an old tee shirt.”

Ginny looked down at herself. Emily did have a point. She wouldn’t be able to get into anywhere halfway decent in one of Harry’s old shirts (no matter how good he claimed she looked in it)… but she did have that knee length blue dress. Wait, when had she decided to go?

Emily seemed to be able to read Ginny’s thoughts. She clapped her hands together as if to pray. “Please, Ginny.”

“Fine,” Ginny relented. “But as soon as you get what you want I’m leaving, capiche?”

“Capiche.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry sat in the small Skopelos Island cafe, his coffee resting on the table. The warm breeze kept him company as he waited for Ginny. He had called her Saturday night just after midnight, asking if she would meet him at the Swell Cafe Bar.

The Harpies were using the remote island as their training ground. It provided everything they needed. Open land, with cover from prying eyes, beaches with plenty of room to sunbathe, and (according to Ginny’s fellow chasers) numerous ελκυστ_ 3;κός (which meant attractive men, though Harry had to ask Ginny to translate for him).

He watched the boats rock back and forth peacefully in the marina, helping to ease his own nerves. Nerves… Why did people feel nervous even when they knew they were doing something that excited them? Shouldn’t they just feel thrilled?

The sight of Ginny approaching from the south pulled Harry from his inner philosophical discussion. Her red hair and pale skin made her visible through the tan locals and sunburned tourists. She smiled as she reached him.

“Hey.” she kissed him lightly on the lips before taking a empty seat. “I thought you had practice today?”

“I did, but can’t you tell how sick I am?” Harry coughed dramatically into his hand.

Ginny looked shocked, but laughed. “Did you fake illness for a quick shag?”

“I have no intention on it being quick,” Harry corrected. “But also I didn’t just come for a shag. I wanted to see you.” He scooted his chair closer to her and took her hand. “I couldn’t stand the idea of not seeing you for another month.”

He cleared his throat. “Besides I really wanted to go to that beach you mentioned last time. You know the one that you and the Harpies frequent because it’s not well known.”

Ginny nodded. “We can do that.” She looked at her watch. “It’s ten now. Did you want to spend the day there?”

Harry sent her that sly smirk that she had started to connect to pleasurable moans. “I was thinking we could go tonight, maybe around eleven? For now I would love to have that not-so-quick shag. Maybe get lunch.”

Ginny stood and tugged Harry out of his chair so she could follow her. “Let’s go order some coffee to go. We’re going to need the energy.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“This was a good idea,” Ginny told Harry as they walked barefoot through the sand. The way the water reflected the stars and moon reminded her of their holiday.

“You know how much I love dodging crowds.” Harry laughed lightly as he made their joined hands swing.

Ginny gave her boyfriend a cunning glace. “With so much open space, there are so many activities we could do.” She stopped their progression and turned to wrap her arms around his neck. Leaning up, she waited until their breaths mingled. “But first...” Her voice was just over a whisper as she lightly brushed her lips over his. “You’ve got to catch me.”

With that, she took off down the beach, sand flying behind her, as Harry let out an indignant cry. Laughter rose freely from her lips. She made it halfway down the long strip of beach before Harry caught her around the middle. He lifted her slightly off her feet and swung her around.

“Harry!” She called through her laughter. He stopped and placed her feet back onto the cool sand. The kiss that he dropped to her lips almost made her knees buckle. It wasn’t even the most sexual kiss they had ever had, but Merlin he put all he had into it!

He was the one to break them apart. She took a moment to look into his loving eyes before getting distracted by the brightly-lit sky.

“I love looking at the stars,” Ginny told him. “I never enjoyed astronomy back at Hogwarts, because it was focused upon us. But after that night we spent together during tryouts… I have a new fondness for those giant balls of gas. Thanks for that, Harry. Harry?”

He had gone oddly silent, so she tore her eyes from the constellations and looked back at her boyfriend. Her breath caught in a sharp intake. Harry had gone down on one knee, a small yet perfectly sized diamond ring held between his outstretched thumb and forefinger.

“I - I just can’t wait.” Harry’s voice was full of emotion, his eyes focused solely on her.
Reviews 61
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear