Search:

SIYE Time:6:15 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Natural
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 61
Summary: Most things didn’t come naturally to Harry -- like brewing a Pepperup Potion or making a halfway decent treacle tart. In fact, the only thing that had come naturally was Quidditch… until he met Ginny Weasley.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55641; Chapter Total: 4134
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Huge thank you toTheDistantDusk, Arnel, and gryffindormischief for taking a look at this chapter! Without them this story would be filled with many, MANY spelling errors. The lyrics in this chapter are from Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“So, Gina is getting married,” Ginny read the once tightly-rolled scroll. She and Harry were sitting around his kitchen table, taking full advantage of a late practice for both teams. They had allowed an extra hour to pry themselves from Harry’s bed that morning (prioritizing one type of appetite over another).

“Good for her,” Harry noted as he buttered a piece of toast for Ginny. “I’m assuming you’re looking at an invite?”

“You could’ve become an auror with those detective skills.”

“Thanks for your support, love.”

Ginny chuckled as Harry handed her a cup of tea. “You’re right, though. It’s for next month, on the fifth. Do you have a game?”

Harry perused his mental calendar. “No, just a morning practice, I think. What time is the wedding?”

“Starts at five.”

“Looks like you and I have a date then, my dear.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry and Ginny entered the small garden hand and hand. Chairs were set up looking towards a small pond that had an arch in front of it. White lilies were spread strategically throughout the garden. A tetrad of string instruments played themselves to the side of the arch, helping to create a halo effect over the enclosure.

“Beautiful,” Ginny whispered to Harry as they approached two free seats towards the back. “Gina told me she’s been planning this since she was ten.”

Harry’s eyebrows lifted. “Really? Do all little girls plan their weddings?”

Ginny smirked at him. “To at least some degree, I’m sure. The only thing Gina didn’t plan for was how good her future husband would look in a Muggle tuxedo.”

“Isn’t Lucus a Muggle?”

“Hence why he wanted the tuxedo.”

They took their seats and Harry instantly rested his arm over the back of Ginny’s chair. “So, heard any interesting news about the Rookie Award this year?”

Ginny tore her eyes away from the enchanted glowing white balls that hovered above the garden. “Hm? Oh, yes.” She smiled at him. “I’ve been told that I joined too late in the season to be considered, but.” Her fingertips played with the button of his collar. “A little known seeker from Puddlemere is on the short list.”

She leaned over and kissed him, letting her lips linger a little to long for polite company. “I can’t believe I’m shagging a Rookie of the Year nominee.”

“I hope you’re referring to me.” Harry couldn’t stop the cheek even if he wanted to.

Ginny snorted. “Well, while Rivers from the Wanderers has some gorgeous legs…she’s not really my type. And as for Ross.” She gave a dramatic shiver. “No.”

Harry kissed her once again. “I wish you could be a contender. You’ve easily done better than Ross or Rivers in the last few months.”

“Well, I can’t argue that.” Ginny brushed a microscopic piece of dust from her shoulder. “But yeah, I wish I could beat you, too.”

Before Harry could even try and think of a clever response, the string quartet changed their tune as couples started walking down the set aisle. Harry couldn’t honestly remember the last wedding he had been to. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as Gina moved towards her future husband. Her gown was a pristine white, and she seemed to glide on air.

The ceremony itself passed quickly. The couple exchanged vows and became bonded for life. Harry kept his arm around Ginny, her shoulder tucked into his side. During Gina’s speech he looked down at his girlfriend. A small tear was running down her cheek as she smiled at the scene before them. Harry pressed a kiss to the crown of Ginny’s fiery head and was graced with a knee-buckling look.Thank Merlin he had already been sitting down.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

The food was exquisite. Harry had never had such incredible crab cakes in his life. When he told Ginny about this life altering experience, she had laughed, but squeezed his hand. Music filled the garden as the chairs that had once sat in the middle were removed and a parquet dance floor conjured. Romantic ballads filled the air as multiple couples danced, moving in a slow, intimate manner.

Harry grabbed two drinks for him and Ginny from the open bar and headed over to their secluded corner where a few small tables remained. “You know,” Harry said once he reached his gorgeous girlfriend. “I’ve never actually had fun at any of the weddings I’ve gone to.”

Ginny accepted the glass he offered and took a sip before responding. “Really? Why is that?”

“Besides the obvious reason of having a beautiful red head on my arm--”

“Flattery does get you everywhere, Mr. Potter.”

“This isn’t stuffy and…” Harry had to think of the right word. “Priggish.”

Ginny snorted into her whisky. “Where in the fuck did you hear that word?”

Harry shrugged. “Probably Sirius. He would be the kind of bloke to find words like that.”

“Well, that’s true.” Ginny laughed. “I’m guessing you’ve only been to weddings with your folks? Bigwigs at your mum’s job?”

“What gave me away?”

“The word priggish.”

Harry laughed and kissed her lightly on the lips. The music shifted again, giving Harry the perfect opening to dance up close to the striking redhead before him. Though Harry wasn’t much of dancer, he knew Ginny was (it was evident after the first few times they had been on the dance floor). He grabbed her hand, guided her to her feet and moved among the crowd.

He pulled her in close, his cheek aligned with hers. “Have I told you just how much I love this dress?” Harry asked, his mouth hovering right by Ginny’s ear.

She was wearing the dress she had bought all those months ago--the one that had rendered him speechless in the dressing room. That had been one of the best days of Harry’s life, and not just because it marked the first time him and Ginny had completely surrendered themselves to each other, but because it made him realize how much better everything in his life was with Ginny.

“No,” Ginny murmured. Her tone alone sent tingles down his spine. “But if the reaction you have every time I pull it out is any indication…”

And should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need


Between the gentle guitar, the amorous lyrics, and the closeness to Ginny and her enchanting scent, Harry was lost to the world. All the other voices faded out and the only thing that mattered-- that was vital to his existence-- was Ginny.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“We’re going to play a game,” the mother of the bride, Emily Hawkins, announced to the garden. She had six chairs lined up in a row facing towards the party goers. “It’s a Muggle game Lucus’ family told us about. It’s called The Newlywed Game.”

She grabbed a sheet of parchment beside her on a small table. ”We have a bunch of questions to ask three couples. One person will write down what they think is the correct answer and their partner then has to say what they think the correct answer is. If they match, the couple gets a point.”

Emily flipped the parchment dramatically. “On here I have the name of the seniority couple, our newlyweds”--she smiled at her daughter-- “And the couple who have been together the least amount of time. Will Daniel, Mary, Gina, Lucus, Harry, and Ginny please come up and take a seat?!”

Harry looked over to his girlfriend in fear.. “Did you know about this?”

No.” Ginny’s mouth hung open. “Gina didn’t warn me about this.”

Speaking of the bride, Gina had come over to where the stunned couple stood and pulled them up towards the chairs by their forearms. “Come on, you two!”

Because he was so shocked, Harry complied. He and Ginny were guided into two of the spotlight chairs.

“Great!” Emily cheered. She presented one person out of each couple with a Muggle whiteboard and marker. “When I ask the question, write your answer on there. We will start with the gentlemen.”

She grabbed another paper and read, “Who said ‘I love you’ first?”

Harry, still in a slight daze, uncapped the marker and wrote his own name.

“And we will start with Mary.” Emily turned to the elderly couple. “Who said I love you first?”

Mary cleared her throat. “Well, it was quite a long time ago, but I believe I did.”

“David show your board to the crowd!”

David did as he was told. There in blue marker was his wife’s name.

“One point to David and Mary!” Emily told the garden at large. Emily’s husband, Ben, marked a tally on another board. “Gina?”

Gina and Lucus’ answers matched as well. It was then Harry and Ginny’s turn.

“Uh.” Ginny looked more flustered than Harry had ever seen. “Harry told me he loved me first, when we were on the roof.”

“Is that correct, Harry?” Emily asked.

Harry nodded as he turned his board around.

“Great!” Emily cheered again as the wedding guests clapped. “Hand the board over to your partner and the next question is -”

The questions, Harry decided, were way too personal. Some weren’t bad (‘Who’s the better cook? ‘What was the first film you saw together?) But then, others…others dug deep. Harry couldn’t prevent himself from blushing when Ginny had to provide the telltale sign that he was turned on.

“Final question,” Emily gushed. “And we have a two way tie between David and Mary, and Harry and Ginny. Gina and Lucus are only one point behind them.”

She placed the parchment down and rubbed her hands together. “Ladies, where was the hottest place you’ve ever made love with your partner?”

And speaking of flushing. Harry could feel his face become a perfect frying pan as Ginny scribbled her answer. Harry thought about that for a moment…Merlin!

Harry was so distracted (which might have a been a good thing) that he missed the other two couples’ answers.

“Harry,” Emily prompted. Harry glanced over at Ginny from the corner of his eye. Ginny was smirking that amused-yet-mischievous look Harry adored. He shook his head; he immediately knew what she’d written.

Everywhere.”

It was a chance, really. He’d known from just that look on Ginny’s face that she’d thought she was being clever, and his loophole-ish answer was right up her alley.

Emily snorted. “And Ginny, what did you write?”

Ginny flipped her sign, that smirk still in place. In bright red was the word ‘everywhere’.

The amused guests clapped and laughed enthusiastically.

“And our youngest couple wins!” Emily joined the crowd in their applause. “Well done,you two!”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

“That was…” Harry couldn’t find a word to describe his feelings. His privacy had been invaded, and that wasn’t something he particularly liked.

“Awkward,” Ginny agreed. “However...” She leaned across their reclaimed table. “We won because we’re hot everywhere we go!”

Harry couldn’t contain his snort. Ginny kissed him, letting her teeth nip at his bottom lip. “Care to help me prove our point, Potter?”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ginny leaned back in her chair, looking around the hall of quidditch players. It was the end-of-the-season award show (set right after the Catapults -- that’s right, the Catapults -- had created a huge upset and beaten Puddlemere for the championship).The Harpies came in just after Puddlemere, having lost to the Bats in their semi-finals.

Now she and Harry were at this high-energy event. With Harry’s nomination for Rookie of the Year, it seemed practical for them to join the guestlist.

“You know,” Harry muttered in Ginny’s ear. “For a quidditch function, I thought they would’ve more drinking options.”

Ginny snorted. “That would be your focus, dear.”

Harry shrugged. “I mean if I have to be in public, the least I want is more than either Firewhisky or Gillyweed.”

Unable to argue, Ginny pressed a kiss to Harry’s cheek. “Just think... we can leave in a little bit, and...” She lowered her voice and moved her lips up to his ear. “When you are crowned Rookie of the Year, we can go back to your place and celebrate.”

“And if I lose?” Though Harry tried to hide it, Ginny could hear the nerves in his voice. They had been talking about this event for the last couple of months, always with such confidence, never bringing up the idea that he would lose.

“Then…” Ginny kissed the side of his jaw. “We will go home, drink a bottle of that good muggle wine we bought and work off some of our frustrations in a pleasant way.”

This had the desired effect. Harry laughed. He placed a finger under her jaw and moved their lips together. “Sounds like I win either way.”

Ginny let herself linger on his mouth for more time than she should in polite company, but honestly she didn’t care. She cared more about Harry, and making sure he was in the right mind set.

She sat back, and kept his hand linked with hers. “So do you think they will show a gag reel? I would love to see Titan fail to mount his broom again.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Next award is for Rookie of the Year,” Ludo Bagman announced to the crowd as he waved around a sealed envelope. “This year we had quite a few amazing new players. Frederick Ross, beater from the Magpies, Jamie Rivers, chaser from the Wanderers, and Harry Potter, seeker from Puddlemere United.”

Applause filled the room, but Bagman spoke over the noise. “All nominees played incredibly well and were quite beneficial to their respective teams. A honorable mention goes to Ginny Weasley, chaser from the Harpies. She didn’t start playing until after the cut off date for nominations, but we are sure next year she will be a prime choice!”

More applause, and this time the beaming Bagman waited for quiet. “Now, let’s see who our Rookie of the Year is!”

The silence was deafening. Ginny held Harry’s hand tightly.

Ludo slid open the envelope he held with deliberate slowness; all eyes were fixated on every tear of the paper. He pulled the small piece of parchment from its prison and unfolded it.

“And the winner is... “ Bagman took a deep breath. “Frederick Ross!”

The table where Ross sat roared to life, cheering and clapping their friend on his back. Ginny looked at Harry, and was surprised to see a small smile on his lips.

“You okay, love?” Ginny asked, scooting her chair closer to him so she wouldn’t be overheard.

“Yeah.” Harry’s voice was level. “Ross did play extremely well this year, and for the entire year. I came in a couple of games late.”

“Well, you’re taking it better than I would’ve.”

Harry shrugged. “I was just happy to play. And who knows, maybe I’ll be nominated next year for something too.”

Ross finished his speech (where he thanked his beautiful girlfriend twice) and left the stage.

“Well done, Frederick!” Bagman cheered again. “Now the moment we’ve been waiting for, Player of the Year!”

Ginny moved her arm to wrap around Harry’s waist, scooting as close as she found comfortable in public. “Who do you think is gonna win?”

“I want to say Wood.” Harry moved his mouth close to her ear so she could hear him over Bagman’s chatter. “But honestly, I think Jones has been amazing this year.”

“And the winner is!” Bagman called as he unfold the final paper. “Michael Bryant!”

The table where the Falcons sat jumped to their feet as one. Bryant walked up the stage smile almost to large for his face. Harry and Ginny clapped along with the rest of the room.

“Bryant was good too,” Harry admitted as Bryant spoke to the room. “But now we have to sit through another long speech.”

“As if Wood or Gwen would have been any better.” Ginny laughed lightly as to not draw attention to their little commentary.

“Too true, my dear,” Harry relented, kissing her head. “Too true.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“Well tonight wasn’t a total waste,” Harry said as people started to leave. He and Ginny walked out of the ballroom hand and hand, moving with the throng.

“Yeah?” Ginny looked up to see a sly look on her boyfriend’s face.

“Oh yeah! I mean I’m going to get laid tonight, and by an incredible attractive Quidditch player to boot!”

Ginny gave his shoulder a slight nudge, but laughed. “I could say the same.”

“Feel free to speak up.”

“I won’t help boost your ego anymore, Potter. Your head is already the size of London.”

They moved to the designated fireplaces.

“My place?” Harry asked as the queue for a grate.

“Sure.”

They remained in a comfortable silence, ignoring the photographers and people giving them curious looks. Ever since their relationship had been revealed (if that’s the word you wanted to use), eyes watched them whenever they were out in public. They had been in the papers dozens of times since that day, and they only seemed to gather more interest as the days passed. Apparently, being in a relationship with a rival player made for great news.

Harry stepped into the Floo first, ensuring that the wards he had set around his flat would register him. He only had to wait a moment for Ginny to join him. They took comfort on the sofa, both grunting as if they had sat down for the first time that day.

“I was thinking.” Ginny didn’t look at him, instead focusing on the clock over the kitchen sink. “Because both of us are off for the next month and a half, we could go on a holiday. Maybe a week or two.”

Harry took his eyes off the fridge where his thoughts had been focused on the leftover turkey he could make into a sandwich. “Uh.” It took a moment for his brain to comprehend her words. “Sure, that sounds great! Where were you thinking?”

Ginny turned to him. “Somewhere warm. Maybe Greece? Spain? Doesn’t matter really.” She looped her arms around his neck, her mouth magically seeming to find his. “Anywhere with you sounds perfect.”

“I concur,” Harry nuzzled her nose. “Give me a couple of weeks and I’ll make it so our feet are buried in the sand.”

“That’s if I ever let you out of the room, darling,” Ginny practically purred. Her lips decided that his neck seemed like the best place to relocate while her fingers moved towards the hem of his tucked in shirt.

“Give me a couple of weeks...” Harry had to pause to regain his thoughts. “A couple of weeks, and our feet will be buried in some nice silk sheets.”

“Now you’re speaking my language.”
Reviews 61
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear