Search:

SIYE Time:11:30 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Natural
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 61
Summary: Most things didn’t come naturally to Harry -- like brewing a Pepperup Potion or making a halfway decent treacle tart. In fact, the only thing that had come naturally was Quidditch… until he met Ginny Weasley.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55651; Chapter Total: 3851
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Happy Valentine’s Day! Though, I personally believe it shouldn’t be a holiday (show people you love them everyday!) I figured a chapter of Natural would be as close to a Valentine’s gift I could give. TheDistantDusk, Arnel, and gryffindormischief were awesome and edit this chapter, so I thank them!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“See,” Harry’s voice called over the crashing of the waves. Ginny leaned back onto her elbows and slid her sunglasses down her nose. Her boyfriend was approaching with two tall glasses of a bright yellow drink. “I told you I would get your toes in the sand.”

Ginny wriggled the offending limbs, sending the dry land every direction. “I must admit, this is satisfying.”

Harry handed her a glass and leaned down to kiss her nose. “How are you feeling?”

That morning Ginny had been ill. She had woken up with the violent urge to vomit, and rushed to the loo. Harry had come in and rubbed her back until the nausea had passed.

“Yeah,” Ginny took a sip from her drink to prove her point. “I think the crab from last night didn’t settle well. I’m fine now.”

Harry took position on the empty blanket beside his girlfriend. “I’m glad.”

“We should just dodge crab for the rest of the week.”

“That’s fair.” Harry laughed as he laid on back. “At least we made it four days before we found something you can’t eat.”

Ginny scooted closer to Harry, who moved his arm out for her to use as a pillow. “That’s what I get for being raised on traditional British cuisine. Crab wasn’t something Mum used often… or at all.”

“Growing up near Boston, seafood was common staple of our diet.” Harry pressed a kiss to Ginny’s pink forehead. “Actually a friend of mine had a Muggle father, and he took us fishing once.”

“What was that like?” Ginny had never thought about the way Muggles collected their food. Once her family had gone out camping and her parents had collected fish by levitating them out of the water. Muggles certainly couldn’t wave a wand and get enough fish to feed a family of nine.

“It was fun. We went out on this lake, David’s dad had a boat, and we were out there for most of the day.”

Ginny loved hearing about Harry’s childhood. Though they had both been brought up in wizarding communities, Harry’s mother had insisted he become familiar with Muggle ideals and customs (hence the films). It made him have a different outlook on certain aspects of life, and Ginny loved that about him.

“And David’s dad, Jeremy, gave us each a pole and a can of worms. Just told us to cast out and see what we could get.”

“And I’m sure a bunch of…?”

“Bunch of twelve-year-olds.”

“Right, twelve-year-olds caught a megalodon -”

“How do you know about megalodons but don’t know how to stick a plug into a socket?”

Ginny ignored her boyfriend’s mutters. “That impressed all the locals, I’m sure.”

“For your information, I did catch the largest fish of the day.”

“Oh, really?” Ginny moved off her towel to straddle Harry’s lap. She started pressing kisses down the underside of his jaw. “My boyfriend the master fisherman, huh?”

Harry’s Adam’s apple bobbed as Ginny’s lips moved towards it. “Uh huh.”

Ginny laughed against his skin. “Oh, to answer your earlier question, wizards know about megalodons because their teeth can be crushed into powder and used in --”

Before Ginny could finish her potions lecture, Harry wrapped his arms around her and flipped them so Ginny was now on her back. “We can continue the lesson later. Right now I want to make full use of the private section of beach we paid for.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

“And that’s why Fred and George know how to get around the London Underground.”

Harry looked at his girlfriend in disbelief. “Dumbledore really had a scar that looks just like --”

“Yes, but it’s become a little outdated in the last few years.”

“And Fred and-”

“George really snuck into his office to try and see it. Dumbledore made them wait three years to see it after he told them about the scar in passing.” Ginny laughed lightly as she tucked herself closer into Harry’s shoulder. They had taken refuge in a hammock, hung between two stable trees on the far edge of their rented beach front.

They had come out after they made dinner (no crab in sight) to watch the setting sun. Now, hours laters, the stars had come out and they still lay in each other’s arms.

“Did I tell you about the Harpies dorms?” Ginny changed topic.

“No, what happened?”

“The all wise and intelligent Harpies,” Ginny started, her tone oozing with sarcasm, “decided they wanted the first level of the dorms for offices.”

“Wait.” Harry tore his gaze from the reflective water to look at Ginny. “What does that mean for all those rooms?”

“That they’re gone.” Ginny let out an annoyed sigh. “Which in turn means at least four players need to find flats to let out.”

“Oh, well, who is going to take you in?” Harry smiled at her. “You’re a slob and talk to yourself all too often.”

Ginny swatted his ankle with the heel of her foot. “Maybe I’ll just move in with my boyfriend.”

Harry gave a one armed shrug. “Okay.”

“Wait.” Ginny leaned away. “I was kidding.”

“I wasn’t.” Harry closed the gap she had created. “You can move into my place. It’s big enough for the both of us. Besides,” he kissed the tip of her nose. “You spend most of your free time there anyway. Why not make it official?”

It wasn’t often that Harry made Ginny speechless. In fact, he could count the number of times on one hand. Make this number three...

Ginny just stared. One second… Three seconds… at the five second mark she blinked and small smile formed on her lips. “Really?”

Again Harry performed his half-shrug. “Yeah.”

“You think we’re ready for the--as my brother Ron called it--‘leap of nagging and no pants on the floor’?”

Harry snorted. “That’s a horribly long title.”

“Yeah, well, Ron’s never been the witty Weasley. You’re looking at her.” Ginny shifted, letting her legs wind together with his. “Are you serious?”

“No, that’s my godfather.” Harry laughed when Ginny smacked his chest. He took the offending hand and pulled it to his lips. “One hundred and ten percent.”

“Alright.” There was a slight tremor in Ginny’s voice, but Harry knew it was a good thing (because he was certain if he spoke at that moment his voice would be shaky too).

Harry decided to avoid words; a physical contract should suffice to confirm their deal.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

“You know.” Ginny pulled the fourth shrunk cardboard box from her bag. “If I wasn’t a wizard, I would never move. I can’t imagine having to carry all these boxes one at a time.”

“Typically they pay for someone else to do it,” Harry explained, as he started to empty one of the re-enlarged containers.

“Oh.” Ginny remained silent for a second. “I’m still glad I don’t have to pay for someone to move all this.”

Harry laughed as Gina and Emily entered the bedroom.

“This place is great, Ginny!” Emily beamed at her fellow chasers. “Isn’t it, Gina?”

“I wish Lucas had lived in a place this nice when I moved in with him last year.” Gina lifted up the curtain as if to guess the weight. “His place stunk of bachelor male.”

The three Harpie women laughed. “Well, we just came to see if you remembered the meeting tonight?” Emily asked.

“Seven on the dot.” Ginny gave a thumbs up. “Can’t wait.”

“No one can,” Gina laughed. “Hey, how are you feeling?”

Harry, who had been letting the teammates have their privacy, looked up at that.

Ginny shrugged. “I’m fine. Nothing I can’t handle.”

“If you’re sure,” Emily looked wary, like she knew something bad was about to happen. Harry didn't like that look one bit. And he especially didn’t like the sideways glance she gave him.

Ginny’s fellow Chasers didn’t hang around long after Ginny confirmed again that she was fine (maybe fifteen minutes). Harry waited until Gina and Emily left before trying to casually bring up what had been mentioned earlier.

“So, you haven’t been feeling well?”

Ginny looked up from the box of clothes she had started to dig through. “Umm? Oh, yeah I’ve felt kinda sore lately.”

“How come?”

“Eh, it could be anything. Maybe I’ve been stressing my muscles too much during workouts, or maybe I’ve been sleeping poorly. I mean.” She moved across the room with a sultry hip sashe. “I have been sleeping in my dorm alone. And I don’t know about you, but I sleep better with a nice warm body beside me.”

Harry wanted to focus on the way Ginny was kissing his neck and the way her hands threaded through his hair, but his mind kept drifting back to a couple of years previous, after Tonks and Remus’ wedding…

“Are you pregnant!?” Tact, Harry would think later, was not used in his question. He would also think that Ginny was quite justified in her response. Ginny shot back from him, her fingers giving his hair a little tug as they extracted themselves.

“I beg your fucking pardon?” Her tone had become ice cold.

“It - You’re - I -” Harry couldn’t collect a single thought. No matter how hard he tried everything seemed to fall short.

“First of all, Harry James Potter.” Ginny poked a single digit at his chest. “Do not yell in my ear when I’m kissing your neck. That is when you’re supposed to whisper sweet nothings. Second.” She added another finger. “I’m on the potion so none of your - your spawn get through. What would even give you a crazy idea like that?”

“I - Um -” Harry’s eyes kept flickering back and forth between Ginny’s eyes and the two fingers poking his chest. “I - It’s just - Tonks.”

“What about Tonks?” Ginny’s eyes lasered onto his. There was heat that seemed to burn him-- and not in a sexy way.

“When she was pregnant.” Harry was proud of how many words he was stringing together. “She - she threw up and felt sore.”

Ginny took a deep, calming breath. “Harry, darling. Just because I was sick a couple of weeks ago and I’m sore, does not, and I repeat does not, mean I’m pregnant.”

“But.”

“No buts.” Ginny removed herself from Harry’s personal bubble. “See, I can’t be pregnant, because if I were, I would have to kill you.”

Harry’s mouth, which had been failing for the last five minutes, gave up completely. It fell open in an almost perfect O. “Uhh.”

“I would have to kill you,” Ginny continued, “because it would mean I’m out for the next season and I’m nowhere near ready to be out for a season.”

Ginny moved back in close to Harry and tapped his jaw up with the back of her hand. “If it would make you feel better I can take the potion and prove to you there is no baby growing in here.” She placed a hand on her stomach. “Well, maybe a food baby later, but not a real baby!”

Harry tried to make his heart calm to a regular beat. The idea alone… A baby. No, he scolded himself, Ginny’s right. I’m just being paranoid.

“Should I gather the ingredients?” Ginny asked, her index finger poking the center of his forehead.

“Please.” No matter what he told himself, Harry needed confirmation.

“Okay.” She kissed him lightly on the lips. “I’m going to set up in the loo. You keep unpacking that box. And be delicate with those lacy knickers at the top of the pile.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

“And now we wait.” Ginny said as she placed a bit of her blood into the vial of potion. She had pushed Harry to the toilet floor, his back pressed up against the side of the shower/tub combo.

She scooted Harry sideways with her foot and joined him. “Harry, is this…” Ginny’s voice trailed into space.

“Is this what?” Harry was having a hard time keeping everything straight in his mind. Babies with red hair and green eyes kept crawling in front of his eyes.

“Did you want me to be pregnant?”

The question shocked him. He hadn’t really considered the idea of kids, at least not practically, until an hour ago. He had always thought of them as a “some day” thing. Kind of like marriage. Oh fuck! They weren’t even married! What would Ginny’s parents say about him knocking up their daughter? Fuck, how would his mum react?

Marriage… to Ginny… waking up with her every morning. Sharing all those little things that he adored about her for the rest of his life… Telling her everything... Being everything....

“Harry?”

He turned to look at her, at those soulful brown eyes. She was looking at him cautiously, like waiting for him to say something that could break her.

“No,” he admitted. “I’m not ready for a baby.”

Ginny visibly relaxed. “Good. I mean we’re both still rather young and -”

“I want to get married, though.”

And again he had stunned Ginny Weasley into silence. Her eyes became the size of the moon as she stared at him.

“I’m not proposing now.” Harry explained, taking her hand into his. “But I know you’re it for me. We may be young, Gin, but when it’s right, it’s right.”

Ginny’s mouth moved silently, like the fish he had caught all those years ago. “What?” she finally choked out.

“I want to marry you, someday.”

“I-”

“Someday soon, to be honest.” Harry smiled as Ginny’s mouth gaped open wide enough so any bug could fly in. He copied her motion from earlier and snapped her jaw closed with the back of his hand.

The timer Ginny had set started ringing, making both occupants of the little room turn and look at the vial that sat on the edge of the sink.

“Oh good, we aren’t pregnant.” Harry let out a relieved breath. He stood and offered Ginny a hand. “Gin, your meeting is in ten minutes.”

Numbly, she took the offered hand and he pulled her into a tight embrace. “I love you, Gin,” Harry whispered into the hollow of her ear. “How is that for a sweet nothings?” Then he kissed her lips lightly and left the room.

“What?” Ginny asked the empty loo again, eyes watching Harry’s retreating back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX


“What?!” Emily and Gina asked in unison. They sat around the large wooden table where Gwenog had thrown the team meeting. Though Jones’ news should have been Ginny’s focus, her mind couldn’t stop thinking about Harry’s proclamation.

When the meeting had ended, and Ginny had needed to vent. She had wanted someone else to see how crazy her boyfriend was being. When she had told her fellow Chasers, their looks of shock had comforted her.

“He wants to get married?” Emily, whose mouth had dropped open, rested her chin on her hand. “What did you say?”

“Nothing!” Ginny ran another hand through her already-ruffled hair. “What was I supposed to say to that?”

“How about, ‘name the time and place’?” Gina suggested, her body shaking from suppressed laughter.

Ginny’s jaw dropped, for what felt like the millionth time that day. “What?”

“Let’s be real, Red.” Emily put up one finger. “You’re madly in love with the bloke.” A second digit stood up. “Secondly, and most importantly, you two are made for each other. I don’t believe in soul mates or any of that shit, but…” She shrugged. “You and Harry are the closest thing I’ve seen.”

“She’s right,” Gina agreed, leaning back in her chair. “Ginny, when Lucas asked me to marry him, I thought it was crazy. We’d only been dating a year and I was gone for quite a bit of that year. Not to mention, I’ve always thought marriage was just a piece of parchment, but it’s so much more.” Her expression became dreamy as she become lost in her own thoughts.

“We’re not saying you have to say yes right now.” Emily placed a hand on Ginny’s shoulder. “But we are saying don’t let this go to your head. Don’t do something rash and stupid.”

“Now.” Emily clapped her hands together. “How do you ladies feel about three months of training in Greece?”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“I’ve decided I want to marry Ginny,” Harry told his godfather as he poured them both a finger of whisky.

“Whoa!” Sirius looked up from the wireless he’d been setting up. “Well, that’s quite a big step.” When Harry had showed up to his house, Sirius figured the lad had been bored without his lady friend. He had not anticipated a conversation of this magnitude, at all.

“Wait.” Sirius paused before taking a sip from the glass Harry offered. “Why are you telling me? Should you be talking to your dad? You know, the bloke who's been married in his head since he saw your mother.”

“That’s just it.” Harry took an empty armchair. “I want to talk to a man I trust, but one that didn't fall in love at eleven. I want to talk it out logically.”

Sirius nodded, absently twirling his drink. “I see. Okay, let’s talk it out.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

“That’s it.” Sirius concluded, taking a oversized bite from his pizza slice. “You’ve got to marry that red head.”

“And now we’re back to one of my original points.” Harry took a sip from his second glass of whisky. “How do I do it? She seemed so stunned when I told her I want to marry her.”

Sirius reached across the the old glass coffee table and placed a hand on his godson’s shoulder. “I think now’s the time to talk with your father. I’ve never completed this… ritual, if you want to call it that.”

“But I will say.” He patted Harry’s shoulder once before leaning back into his chair. “Just tell her what you’re thinking.”

Harry couldn’t stop the wide grin from coming onto his face. “That was my plan. You don’t think I need to do anything else?”

“For the actually proposal?” Sirius rubbed the back of his neck. “Ginny’s not one of those big gesture girls. I’m sure she would appreciate something simple. But you need to make sure she understands you.”

“This.” Harry held up his glass and waited for Sirius to raise his own. “Is why I came to you first.” They clinked their drinks together.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

“Harry!” Ginny called loudly as soon as their sofa set came into view. She had come back from the meeting by the Floo. “Harry!”

“In the kitchen.” He sounded normal as you please. Clearly, nothing had blown his world apart since their loo floor discussion.

“Harry!” Ginny moved with purpose and spotted Harry the moment she entered the room. He was sitting with a cup of tea in one hand and a plate of biscuits resting on the table.

“Hey,” Harry said.

Damn his casualness.

“Don’t hey me!” Ginny was in full stride before she even entered the small kitchen. “Who do you think you are? Dropping a bombshell like that one on me.”

“Is it really a bombshell?”

“What?” That word had lost all meaning to Ginny today.

“Is it really a bombshell?” Harry asked again, this time standing from his chair to approach her. “I thought I’ve been rather obvious. Though, I may not have said the words before, I plan on spending the rest of my life with you.”

Ginny’s breath hitched. Holy fucking Merlin.

Harry just stared at her, his eyes seeming to read her every thought. “I know you feel the same.”

“I-” Ginny wasn’t used to this confident, albeit sexy-as-fuck, Harry. Typically he stuttered, making a mess out of words. What the fuck happened? Typically, she was the one who would schmooze any and all situations, but right now she couldn’t even complete a sentence.

“Why are you so calm?” Finally she spoke, though her question wasn’t quite on the most-pressing topic list.

Harry gave her that sideways smile she adored. “I had my freak-out today, and while that was happening I came to the conclusion that you’re it. Everything else is sideline to you. And with that being said.” He cupped her face and tilted it up, the better to look him in the eye. “I am going to be completely honest with you. I’m going to spill my guts out to you every opportunity I get, because I want you to know how I feel about things… how I feel about you.”

When he kissed her, Ginny sank in. She lost all her indignation and anger. She pressed back, her fingers in his hair, pulling him closer than ever.

She was the first one to pull back, keeping their foreheads together. “Okay.”

“Okay?” Harry was slightly breathless.

“Yes, I’ll marry you, someday. But I expect a real proposal.”

“Only the best for you, darling.”

“And.” She kissed the tip of his nose. “I want you to wait until after I get back.”

She felt the wrinkle form on his brow. “Get back?”

“Yeah. The Harpies are spending the next three months training in Greece. We leave in a week.”

Reviews 61
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear