Search:

SIYE Time:6:32 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Room of Lost Things
By Deadptarmigan

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Disturbing Imagery, Intimate Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 11
Summary: Alternate Universe. Harry and Ginny. Please enjoy this screwed up little story. Photography credit goes to Daniil Kontorovich on Behance. Editing credit to Andrea Gonzales.
Hitcount: Story Total: 9646; Chapter Total: 1175





Author's Notes:
So this interlude is longer than it was on fanfiction.net, but only because of the 1,000 word minimum on SIYE chapters!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


You've been missing nearly a year, Ginny, my dear. There has been a death in the family. Not a person, don't fret. But Scabbers was brutally murdered by Sirius Black, of all people. Why he broke out of Azkaban to murder our family pet, I will never know. I suspect we never will. He has not been heard from since. Everyone is fine. Ron was there when it happened, and the only person he will speak to about it is Professor Dumbledore.

...

Harry, once you return, you will be interested to know you have a godfather. His name is Sirius Black, and he's been in Azkaban since he was wrongfully accused of betraying your parents, and killing a street full of Muggles. He… is not yet capable of casting a patronus, but I myself am working with him. I am sure he will contact you shortly. Give my regards to Ginny, wherever you may be. Oh, and Gilderoy, I suppose.

...

It's your thirteenth birthday, my girl. Your mum and I have been missing you. We miss you every day, but this summer has been particularly hard. We had the chance to go to the Quidditch World Cup — I know how much you would have enjoyed it. We — we didn't end up going, no one felt up for it.



We have searched by all means that we know of, and still we cannot find any trace of you. It is… unbelievable to me that you will remain missing forever…



How has it been three years since I've seen your face?



We miss you, Ginny! We learned how to make patronuses just for you. Deuced hard, that was. We promise not to make too much mischief with them.



I confess, I do not know how this has happened. I do not understand how two children and a professor disappeared, leaving behind what I assume is a slaughtered Horcrux. You will not know what a Horcrux is, Harry… but I would have sworn — never mind.



Harry, I need to tell you about a prophecy made about you… about Lord Voldemort… before you were born…



GINNY, WHERE ARE YOU? COME HOME!

...

Harry, it's Sirius again. I wanted to tell you about your father. Both of your parents, really, just in case we're right and you're alive but missing all your memories. Your father was, at heart, a good man. Not as good a person as your mother, but that's a standard nearly impossible to meet. You see, we had a friend named Remus, and it wasn't long before we suspected that there was something terrible going on with him. Why did he leave every month? Where did he go? Why did he often look sickly afterward? It wasn't until your dad cottoned on that it happened around the full moon that we realized our friend -- who was astonishingly shy, you have to know -- was a werewolf. I'm ashamed that my first reaction was horror, but it was your dad who pointed out he was the same friend we always had, and to knock off being a prat. He was... he was a great man, your father. I'll remember him every day of my life, and I want to help you know him. To remember him. I just... I wish I knew how to find you, Harry. Your parents would be tearing the country apart in their search for you.

...

Minutes, hours, days -- and when you were all grown, months. I was prepared to have you off at Hogwarts and not see you for a few months stretch at a time. I knew I'd miss you, but I never even considered that Hogwarts wouldn't be a good place for you, my girl. After all, where else would you learn to use all your gifts? We always thought you rather exceptional, you know. I'm your father, though, so I might be biased. But you ARE exceptional. I didn't imagine that I would ever have to say it's been nearly half a decade since I've seen my daughter. My only hope is that I'll somehow find you, and I'll never have to realize the time since I'd seen you had stretched to a lifetime. I don't know if my messages get to you. I am thinking of you. If Christmas wishes were real...

...

Ginny. You're missed. This is Bill. Do you remember me? Are you still out there somewhere?

...

I realize the last time I sent a patronus, I forgot to tell you about your mother. She impressed every single one of the professors by being effortlessly skilled at magic. Your dad fell in love with her, oh, somewhere back in second year, and never came out of it. But he always noticed her. I've been getting to know some of your friends, you know. I think your mum would have found a lot of kinship with Hermione. Two Muggleborns, and both of them acknowledged the best in their years.

...

Sirius mentioned that he has been sending you messages about your parents. Ah, Harry. I do wish you were here to hear about them yourself.



The messages came at dreamy intervals. There were usually a spate of them around birthdays and Christmas, but the rest of the time, they came at the whim of whoever sent them. The more the years passed, the more philosophical they became. Long ago, Dumbledore had promised that Sirius Black would contact them, and Sirius -- as he told Harry to call him during his first message -- would talk at them sometimes for hours. Ginny took to finding Harry wherever he was and sitting next to him while the silvery dog told him long, rambling stories about his parents. It was one of their few solaces. Ginny often dreamed about them; she'd be running through the dark Room, praying that she wouldn't be chased anymore, and then one of the patronuses would surround her with their light.


Other times, no such light came to her rescue, and Ginny was swallowed up by the darkness of her dreams.


It was on these mornings that Ginny woke up more determined than ever to figure out how to cast her own.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear