Search:

SIYE Time:12:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Forgotten Wizard
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: On the cusp of the third wizarding war, the truth behind the events of Halloween 1981 and subsequent events finally come to light, when it is revealed that Harry Potter, forgotten and ignored by many, is the Boy Who Lived.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30191; Chapter Total: 1558
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Finally, I have completed this story! Thank you to everyone who has read it, reviewed it and nominated/voted for it to receive a DSTA. So much appreciated!

Thank you to Arnel for your brilliant skills, wonderful support and encouraging words through the whole process of writing this story!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


August 2003…

A little over year had passed since Lord Voldemort had been defeated at the hands of his own rebounding Killing Curse. The wizarding world had been shocked to discover that the wizard that they had all lived in fear of for so many years had returned and been defeated not just once, but twice and both times by the twin brother of the wizard they had believed to be the Boy Who Lived. The news had sent shockwaves through the Ministry, causing sweeping changes to be made and the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, to be finally ousted from his position. The uproar and confusion from this unexpected news had meant that the survivors of the Battle of Little Hangleton (which it had come to be known) and their families had been able to lay loved ones to rest with little interference before taking the hard steps towards moving forward in their lives.

Currently, Arthur Weasley sat in the back garden of his daughter’s home with his granddaughter, Molly sat on his lap, watching as his family and friends mingled together. It was a wonderful sight to see so many people come together for a happy occasion — Ginny’s twenty-second birthday. Considering they had barely observed the day the previous year given the heaviness of grief that was upon them at the time, it felt fitting that they made a bigger deal of it this year. Admittedly, the variety of guests in attendance was a source of amusement to Arthur, having never expected that a small number of them would willing choose to interact with the Weasleys and numerous former Gryffindors that had shown up to the party.

Looking to over where his wife, Molly, sat chatting and laughing with three other women, caused the Weasley Patriarch to smile widely. To think his wife had become good friends with Narcissa Malfoy still left him in disbelief from time to time. However, it had not come as surprise as Molly had stepped up to become a mother figure to Draco at a time when he had to keep communication with his own mother to a minimum. Narcissa had been beyond grateful for her actions and had offered Molly a shoulder to cry on while she dealt with her grief over the loss of Fred, who had been killed in the explosion during the final battle.

Also sitting with them was Andromeda and Nymphadora Tonks. Andromeda had quickly reunited with her sister in the aftermath of the battle, who had, in turn, supported Andromeda through her grief over the loss of her husband, Ted, who had been killed in the same explosion as Fred. The three women had become close friends, while also providing support to Tonks as she learnt to be a single mum to an active five year-old. It was not unusual for Arthur to come home from work to find the four women laughing together in the kitchen of The Burrow.

His own family was starting to rapidly grow with more weddings happening and grandchildren coming into their lives. Bill and Fleur had added to their family just a couple of months earlier when baby Louis was born. His granddaughters, Victoire and Dominique had not been impressed by the baby boy, but loved him nonetheless, if the number of cuddles they gave their brother was anything to go by.

Charlie was definitely the eternal bachelor, but had made the effort to begin returning home from Romania more regularly than he had in the past.

Percy and Audrey were expecting baby number two due later on in the year.

George was not the same person he once was as the loss of his twin brother had completely devastated him. It was Angelina who had picked him up and helped him back to the shop. The couple had married, much to the family’s amusement, on April’s Fools Day, stating he wanted the day to remain happy even if it hurt knowing Fred would never celebrate another birthday.

Ron had finally plucked up the courage to propose to Hermione. The look of regret had briefly flashed over his face when he had seen the folder of potential wedding plans she had brought to The Burrow to discuss the wedding with Molly. His brothers had not stopped teasing him about it ever since Arthur had let it slip to them.

As for his only daughter, she and Harry had married on Halloween in Godric’s Hollow, bringing a happy occasion to the one day the Potter twins had grown to hate. She was glowing with happiness as she moved with ease between her guests, greeting everyone, including Draco and Astoria, Luna and Rolf, and Neville and Hannah, with a huge smile on the face. Her look reminded him of one he had seen on Molly’s face several times and suspected that there was more to the party than them celebrating her birthday.

Ginny had been Harry’s best source of comfort after the loss of his father, despite her own grief for the loss of her brother. James Potter’s death had impacted the Potter twins deeply, helping to repair their damaged relationship and allowing them to return to the friendship they once had as children. Sirius had stepped up to be a father figure to them, something Harry was already accustomed to and something Matt had welcomed, having lost his own godfather, Remus, during the battle. The three wizards had lost so much because of Voldemort and it was a beautiful thing to see such a strong bond form between them. Even Draco had stepped aside to allow Matt to be Harry’s best man, stating that it was the right choice and the Potters would be happy to see the twins standing side by side once again. Finally, Harry was no longer forgotten by those who were supposed to be there for or those who were happy to fawn over his brother’s fame. He was loved and seen by those who saw the real him, not the figure who had been thrusted into the limelight because he finally defeated Voldemort.

“Can we get everyone’s attention, please?” Harry’s request came, pulling Arthur from his thoughts. “I have an announcement I wish to make.”

Harry held out his hand to Ginny, smiling at her as she took it.

“I am so happy that you could all join us, here at our home, to celebrate my beautiful wife’s birthday,” Harry said confidently to the crowd. “Last year, as you all know, we felt it was not the time to celebrate as we grieved for those we loved and had lost.”

Harry paused for the moment, raising his glass of champagne to the sky as a nod to those who could not be there in person.

Everyone followed his action, a couple of tears slipping down cheeks.

“This past year has been hard as we learnt to live without those we had lost, without fear and with freedom that had been denied to many of us,” Harry continued. “Yet, at the same time, it has been good year. I married the love of my life, reunited with my brother and…”

Harry winked at his wife as he turned to look at Draco.

“…Draco finally found the courage to ask out Astoria!”

Everyone chuckled as Draco blushed and quickly hid his face in his girlfriend’s hair.

“And, I am happy to say that the coming year is going be even better for the Potters as I can confirm that Ginny is expecting our first child, due early in the new year!”

The air exploded with noise as their friends and family cheered in excitement at the news. The couple were quickly surrounded, pulled into hugs and given back slaps as they were offered people’s congratulations.

As Ginny was held by a crying Molly, Harry motioned to Draco, Matt and Sirius to follow him over to a corner of the garden.

“I wanted to do this in private,” Harry said once he had placed a privacy bubble around them, “as Ginny and I would like to keep what I am about to do quiet for a couple of more months. Draco, we would love for you to be godfather to our first child.”

Draco stood there stunned, looking back and forth between Harry and Matt.

“I get the automatic title of uncle,” Matt told his former enemy. “You stepped aside for me to be my brother’s best man, something I will never forget. However, you are not stepping away from this honour. Harry and I already discussed that.”

“You did?”

“I told Harry I would only be best man and that he had to choose from his friends when it came to godparents for any children he had.”

“Well, of course, I would be honoured!” Draco said, coming out of his shock. “I will be working on making sure baby Potter can be the best Slytherin they can be!”

Harry raised an eyebrow at his best friend.

“Don’t worry, Harry,” Matt said, stepping in quickly. “I will be working my own magic to make sure they are an incredible Gryffindor.”

“Absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong with that,” Harry said with a sigh, pinching his nose.

“Ok, I understand you pulling these two aside,” Sirius interrupted, wanting to avoid the conversation turning into a potential argument, something that did happen from time to time when it came to Draco and Matt, “but why did you pull me aside?”

“Two reasons, actually. First, Matt and I agreed upon this when discussing godparents. Ginny agreed with our idea before you ask. We feel, and we think Dad would love this, that you should be a grandfather to any children I or Matt have.”

“I…” Sirius began to say, shocked at the request. “Yes, I would be honoured.”

Sirius grabbed the two boys in a hug. “I love you, both of you.”

“The second reason is because I would like yours and Matt’s opinion and permission for the name Ginny and I have chosen for our baby if it is a boy.”

The two wizards nodded as Draco watched in amusement, certain he knew what his best friend had chosen for the name.

“If Ginny and I have a baby boy, we would like to call him James Sirius Potter.”

Neither Sirius, nor Matt responded. Harry was not sure if it was because they hated the choice of names or because they were shocked at the fact that they had chosen for his dad’s name to come first.

“I am proud of you,” Sirius whispered. “I had reached a point, before you returned home, where I thought you would never find some sort of peace with your dad and Matt. Now, here you are, wanting to name your first child after him.”

“He gave his life to help me defeat Voldemort, how could I continue to resent him for everything he did? I just…” Harry looked to Matt, nervous for his opinion. “I don’t want to take the name without asking you first, Matt.”

“I think it is the most perfect name for the first of a new generation of Potters,” Matt told him. “Just think of how crazy it will drive McGonagall when he begins Hogwarts!”

The four wizards burst into laughter at the very thought.

Arthur watched the group from a distance, smiling at the picture he saw. No one, not even him, had thought it would be possible for something like this to happen. Yet, it had and as a result, no one was now forgotten by the people who mattered.

All was well.
Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear