Search:

SIYE Time:13:03 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Covert Love
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 103
Summary: To serve and protect. That’s what Harry was there for. He had been sent undercover to protect Ginny Weasley from a mad man. Not to fall in love with her. But how couldn’t he? She was everything anyone could want, and clearly her stalker agreed.
Hitcount: Story Total: 73658; Chapter Total: 3555
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Hope y’all enjoy this chapter. I’ve tried something a little new in one of these sections, so I hope it’s good :) TheDistantDusk‌ has been incredible and edited this chapter for me. The title is based off the song Us by James Bay




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“No.” Harry didn’t raise his voice, but his tone left no room for discussion. “We will not use Ginny as a form of bait.”

“It’s safe to assume that Prue will still have tabs on her target,” Granger continued, as if Harry never opened his mouth. “So there is no doubt that she knows that you are here with your parents, Ginny. We can’t be certain if she is out doing the reconnaissance herself or if she has another way to keep tabs on your goings”

Ginny took in another breath. Since learning Prue would only leave her safe house for one reason, Ginny had been counting every time she remembered to breathe. The reason was her… Granger hadn’t needed to say names, because everyone knew it was Ginny. Though everyone’s attention had gone back to Hermione, Ginny still felt like all eyes were on her.

Her fingers dug into Harry’s side. She had taken her perch on the arm of Harry’s chair to comfort him, but now he was reassuring her with a hand on her knee. She focused on the feeling of his thumb gliding back and forth over her trousers and her breathing. In and out. And that’s twenty.

“So we need Weasley to go to a safe house.” Jamieson was speaking when Ginny pulled her attention back to the conversation. “It shouldn’t be hard to arrange. We send her, Potter, and another agent to the location. Both Potter and Weasley under polyjuice potion.”

Harry nodded enthusiastically, despite the headache she knew he must have. “Yes. We need to make sure Ginny is completely out of Canon’s range. Maybe we find a place in Spain.”

“Wait.” Ginny was surprised to hear her own voice. “How will we get Prue?”

Harry squeezed her knee drawing her eyes to his. His gaze was more serious than she’d ever known. “That isn’t our focus right now. All that matters is getting you somewhere safe.”

“But Hermione said Prue won’t come out unless it’s to get me, which”-- Ginny held up a finger to prevent Harry’s interruption-- “means that she can’t be captured if I go to a safe house.”

Harry’s chest heaved up and down with deep breaths as he stared at her. “I understand what you’re getting at, but it’s not an option. We won’t be using you to draw her out.”

“Are you saying you don’t want to throw her into Azkaban?”


Harry snorted derisively. “That happens to be one of the top things on my list of dreams, Ginny. But it’s not number one, because the top of my list is getting you to safety.”

“But I can’t live in a safe house for the rest of my life,” Ginny argued. She could feel the tightness in her chest, which typically signaled her temper getting ready to boil over. “And you’re never gonna let me out of the damn safe house if Prue is on the loose.”

“Which is why there will be a task force assigned to locating Prue Canon,” Jamieson spoke up. “She will eventually make a mistake and we will get her.”

Ginny turned her glare to Jamieson. “Eventually… eventually could me next week or ten years. I won’t wait ten years for you lot to find her.” She twisted back to look at Harry. “If I go somewhere public –”

“Don’t even think about finishing that sentence.” Harry practically growled the words out.

Ginny rolled her eyes at his caveman act. “If I’m out in public and then go somewhere Prue thinks is deserted then she’ll most likely strike, right?” She looked at Hermione imploringly

Granger pursed her lips. “Well, I don’t know about that. As I’ve said, Prue is methodical. She likes to have things planned out. Control is something she strives for. Finding you at a store by chance wouldn’t appeal to her.”

“There.” Harry gestured towards Granger. “It wouldn’t work, so we can just forget–”

“However,” Granger cut Harry off, making Ginny smile. She really liked this woman. “There is merit in the idea of Prue finding her in an isolated location, but it would have to be one Ginny frequents.”

“Hold on,” Bill drew everyone’s attention. “Ginny hasn’t been alone for the last six months since those letters started. Why would she suddenly be going into isolated areas? Prue would figure out it was a trap.”

Ginny bit her bottom lip. Bill did have a point. It would have to be a place where Ginny wouldn’t typically have a guard. Somewhere it would be natural for her to have privacy.

“What about the showers at the Stadium?” Ginny felt every eye on her again. Though Ginny was used to the limelight, she had never liked the center of attention. Sure she loved to be the one to crack a good joke and make everyone laugh, but then someone else would take the spotlight. So even though it was just her family and a few extra people, Ginny wished she didn’t have their undivided attention. She took a deep breath to calm her growing nerves. “No guard would follow me into the loo or showers. If I were to shower every day at the same time would she try to get me there?”

Granger’s long finger tapped her chin. “I could see that happening.”

Harry’s fist slammed down on the table beside his chair, making the whole room jump. Ginny almost fell down into his lap. “Why are we even talking about this?” His agitation was practically palpable in every word he spoke. “Ginny will not be going anywhere without a guard, or me.”

“Potter, you’re in no condition to be in charge of Weasley’s welfare.” Jamieson’s tone became sterner than normal.

“So she’ll have another auror in charge of her welfare, but I’ll be there too.” Harry’s mouth had gone pencil-thin. “But I won’t be leaving her side.”

Ginny was done with Harry’s macho… possessive… whatever you wanted to call it attitude. She stood up from the armrest, knocking Harry’s arm away from her leg as she moved. Ginny walked into the corner of the room beside Bill before turning to look at her boyfriend. “I’d say that’s my decision to make, Potter.”

The intensity of Harry’s glare sent her was divided between two things: irritation, and undisguised desire. If she wasn’t so mad at him, Ginny might have lost focus and let herself get lost in that angry passion that was so prominent at the moment. But she wouldn’t give him any quick satisfaction.

No one in the room spoke as she and Harry waged their silent battle. Ginny refused to look away from him. They’d had silent conversations before, but never one like this… never before had they used eye contact as a weapon.

It was Harry who conceded first. He shut his eyes, one finger coming to press against his temple. “What do you want from me, Gin?” His voice was so low that Ginny barely heard it but in the deafening silence of the sitting room, Harry’s words echoed like a scream.

What did she want? Ginny had no clue really. She could tell him what she didn’t want (a crazy stalker watching her every move), but that wasn’t going to happen if she didn’t figure out how to get him on board. “I just…” Ginny felt her shoulders slump. “I just need you to listen. Please, Harry.”

Harry’s lips thinned as he ran a hand through his hair. After a few seconds, his chest visibly rose and fell before he nodded.

Ginny didn’t care that her parents, brother, and boyfriend’s boss were in the room. She crossed the tattered carpet with quick strides to cup Harry’s jaw in her hands. With him in the chair and her standing, Ginny had to bend so she could press her lips to his. Harry didn’t respond for half a second, most likely from shock at the public display, but then his long fingers came up to kneed at her neck.

She didn’t let herself linger as long as she’d wanted too. But she did indulge herself in a slow pull away. When Ginny looked into Harry’s eyes the only thing she saw was love. It made her heart flutter in all the right ways.

Taking her old spot on Harry’s armrest, Ginny turned to look at the room. “Alright, here’s what I’m thinking...”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ginny crawled under the covers, her entire body was felt as if it were made out of lead. Though she’d spent most of the day down in the sitting room with the aurors planning out the next few weeks, her body ached as if she’d run a marathon.

Harry’s back was to her as she scooted closer to him. As her body pressed against his, Ginny could feel the tension in his shoulder. “Harry?”

He took a moment to respond. “Hm?”

“Tell me.” She repeated the words he’d recently said to her. “Don’t hold it in.”

Ginny felt him sigh rather than heard it. He rolled around slowly, and in the narrow beams of moonlight breaking through her curtains, Ginny could see the distress on Harry’s face.

“I –” He swallowed so hard she heard it. “I just don’t like any of this.”

“I don’t think any of us like this, Harry.” Ginny hoped her lighthearted tone would comfort him, but his body didn’t relax. She sighed through her nose, trying to keep her temper from emerging. “What would you like me to do, love? Besides hiding in some safe house?”

“I don’t know.” He sounded so defeated, Ginny’s heart ached. She brought her hand out from under the covers to caress his cheek.

“It’s going to be fine. We worked out a good plan.”

They had spent hours concocting a way for her to seem alone -- vulnerable -- while really having someone keeping eyes on Ginny at all times. The plan was for Ginny to continue living her life as normal, but adding an extra practice at the stadium when no one else would be there. Bill would accompany her, providing the protection Prue expected. Then when Ginny would go into the shower, Bill would remain outside of the room. According to Granger, Prue would see this as a prime opportunity. It would be assumed that Ginny would be alone in the changing room, but Jamieson was going to recruit a female auror to stand guard in the changing room under the pretense of being a stadium employee. Granger explained Prue wouldn’t look twice at someone who looked like they worked for the team, but she would wait until that person was out of the way before making a move. So the auror would pretend to leave but actually remain nearby ready in case Prue struck.

It was simple and effective. Ginny was actually extremely proud of it (having been the one to come up with most of the plan).

Harry’s bottom lip tucked between his teeth as he seemed to consider what he wanted to say. After a moment he sucked in a deep breath. “It is a good plan, but I guess… I guess I can’t help but worry.”

Ginny waited, letting him compose his thoughts. She was pretty sure she understood what was going on, but he needed to explain it for his own wellbeing. Harry needed to work out what was going on in his mind, and Ginny had no problem being his soundboard.

He released a heavy sigh. “It doesn’t matter how good the plan is… I’ll always worry about you.” He swallowed hard. “If something were to go wrong –” Harry shook his head. “I – I couldn’t come back from it.”

“I get it.” Ginny gently ran her fingers up and down his jaw. Reaching blindly behind her, she closed her fingers around her discarded wand. With a quick flick, Ginny bathed her childhood bedroom in dim light. Harry looked exhausted, his face pale even in the little light. “I really get it, Harry. When you were lost… I felt myself losing control.”

Harry’s slim fingers slid up under her shirt, lightly brushing her bare belly. Goosepimples rose across her body, responding excitedly to his touch. No one else had this effect on her, and Ginny allowed herself to revel in the feel of it -- of him -- for a moment before continuing.

“But this is different. We’re taking precautions to prevent Prue from doing anything.”

Harry’s lips thinned as he huffed out an annoyed sigh. “Just because we have a plan and precautions doesn’t mean Prue won’t figure out a way around them. She’s insane, but also smart.”

Ginny bit back her snarky comment. Letting her temper take over wouldn’t help this situation, no matter how satisfying it would be. She counted to ten before responding. “She’s smart, but we’re smarter. There is no way she’ll suspect that female guard...Jamieson called her Tonks, right?”

“Yeah, and don’t get me wrong, Tonks is great, but…” Harry’s words trailed off. Ginny could see the anxiety clear as day in his eyes. “People slip through the cracks all the time. Auror’s miss things and then people get hurt.” His Adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed. “Or worse. I couldn’t handle it if you –” Harry cut himself off when his voice cracked.

Harry.” Ginny didn’t know what to say or how to comfort him, but there was nothing for it. She had to do this. Ginny couldn’t live with herself if she didn’t at least try. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders, as she slid her body tight to his. Harry buried his face into her shoulder.

“I know.” Harry’s muffled voice was overwrought with emotion. “But I still don’t like it.”

Ginny turned so her lips pressed just above his ear. “Harry, I don’t believe in things like destiny or fate, but I believe in this.” She kissed his cheek. “I believe in us. I believe that I’ll come home to you, Harry. I’ll always come home to you.”

Harry lifted his head to look at her, his mouth slightly agape. She could feel the moment his breath hitched before a shallow exhale as she rubbed small circles across his bareback. Then he was on top of her, green eyes dark with a fierce heat.

“You better.” His breath warmed her nose as he leaned in close. “I need you by my side.” When he kissed her, Ginny forgot about everything but him. How his hands felt along her thigh, the wonderful tickle of his stubble against her cheek, and how his intoxicating scent filled her lungs.

She arched into him as his lips glided down her jaw and to her neck. Ginny wanted to tell him how much she needed him. How much she loved him and there was nowhere she’d rather be, but her faltering mind could only pass one word through her lips. “Harry.”

He pulled back far enough to look her in the eye. The intensity in his gaze sent her already hot body into flames. Ginny moved her hands up to cup his jaw, keeping their eyes locked. Harry was the first to break stare when he slowly closed the gap between them and reconnected their lips.

Ginny’s fingers crept into his hair, massaging his scalp as she returned his attention. The fact that they were still in her parents’ house seemed to be lost on them as hands wandered and clothing was removed. Before she knew it they were both naked under her old comforter.

Harry’s lips nip across her chest and torso as he moved down to the spot where he worked her favorite kind of magic. Ginny couldn’t see him, but she can feel everything he did. Every breath that warmed her inner thigh, the tortuous teasing of his tongue, his long adept fingers moving in the way only he’d seemed to master for her.

Harry.” She couldn’t even gather the mental capacity to do more than sigh his name.

Just when Ginny thought she was about to burst, he stopped. She could feel him slowly crawling his way back up, pausing in strategic places to allow his lips to torment her further.

“Harry, please.”

His smirking lips appeared out from the covers, teasing her collarbone for a moment before dragging along her jaw and to her mouth. She moved her hands down his back and to his arse, encouraging him to give her what she wanted. Rather than follow her order, Harry tore his mouth from hers.

Patience, Gin.” He murmured the words into his neck as he focused on her pulse point.

One thing Ginny Weasley had never had, was patience.

“Harry, I swear to Merlin if you don-” Ginny’s threatening words shifted into a satisfied groan as Harry moved into her. He moved in slow, long movements.

Words were lost between them, being replaced with quiet moans and content sighs. Ginny ran her fingers across every bit of him she could find. Her legs locked around his hips, determined to keep him as close as possible.

The way he touched her, it sent sparks of heat and pleasure from her toes to the top of her head. No matter how many times they were like this, Ginny could never get enough of him. His lips heated her skin as he trailed a line down her neck. She couldn’t resist digging her nails into his shoulders as his fingers slid down to where they were joined.

It was a slow build-up, like a steam engine gaining momentum. Then like a train, everything was at full tilt and Ginny couldn’t hold back her cry as pleasure. Harry muted her satisfaction with his mouth. His rhythm faltered as he followed her bliss.

It took Ginny a solid thirty seconds to muster up the energy to open her heavy eyelids. Harry was still laying over her, his face now tucked into her neck. His body shook from the aftershocks. She ran her hands lovingly over his now-exposed bare back (the covers having slid down his body). He pressed a kiss to her pulse point before rolling off her.

Ginny turned so she could look at him. His satiated smile made her grin. She reached out and grabbed one of his hands to bring it to her lips. “Do you see why I believe in us?”

Harry’s let out an amused breath of air, as his smile widened. “Never questioned it for a minute.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Ginny waved at Bill, who had just taken his post outside the changing room. They’d been doing this for a week now. Seven days of Ginny going for an extra fly after the Bats stadium had cleared for the night. Every evening, at seven, Ginny would start her flight and Bill would stand guard on the ground, then escort her to the locker room. Which was where Tonks would be pretending to organize and clean.

Tonks wasn’t what Ginny had expected when she thought of an auror. She imagined someone like Harry, the strong and silent type that oozed mystery with every step. The kind of person who didn’t stand out until they wanted too. But Tonks was not like that at all. She was strong, but chatty and stood out like a sore thumb with her bright pink hair.

But Ginny had no doubt Tonks was capable. She'd witnessed Tonks go from peaceful cleaner to ruthless Auror in seconds when one of the real cleaning staff had shown up unannounced. That was when Ginny also discovered Tonk’s ability to craft good stories. The real cleaner left the room with no questions after Tonks explained.

As Ginny entered the changing room that night, she instantly made eye contact with Tonks. The rule was that Tonks would wink at her to signal the room was clear. And like every other night, Tonks didn't disappoint.

Ginny walked into one of the shower stalls, stripping right outside of the spray’s range. Though it was all supposed to be for show, Ginny relished the peacefulness of the silent changing room. Normally it would be buzzing with voices, slamming doors, and other running showers. It was soothing to have it all to herself. The only thing that she would have changed would be having Harry there with her.

Harry was banned (by Jamieson) to come with her to these practices. The thought was that Prue wouldn’t make a move if Harry was nearby. Ginny was supposed to pretend she didn’t know where Harry was whenever a teammate asked. They hoped the word would pass onto Prue and she would think Harry ran off, leaving Ginny open and vulnerable.

Granger was certain Harry was a trigger for Prue. The way Hermione explained it, Prue saw Harry as the only person that stood between herself and Ginny. She saw Harry as unworthy of Ginny’s attention and he needed to be removed from the picture. Which was why she’d kidnapped him.

Once that was explained, Jamieson had turned to Harry and denied him access to the Bat’s stadium. He hadn’t even pretended to listen to Harry’s arguments, no Jamieson had set a very firm line. So Harry hadn’t come with her once during these night time flights. No, instead he was at his flat sitting on the sofa and pretending to read a novel, but Ginny knew he was truly waiting anxiously for the moment she stepped out the fireplace.

Ginny turned around so her back got the full force of the spray. Adding an additional flight every day hadn’t sounded so bad until it was after an extremely grueling practice, like today. Her body ached more than ever before. Her mind started playing with the idea of asking Harry for a massage when Tonk’s voice called loudly over the pounding water.

“I’m going to go grab some more towels, Miss Weasley. I’ll be back in a moment.”

Ginny’s stomach rolled, as it always did during this part of the night. Logically she knew Tonks wouldn’t actually leave her, but that didn’t prevent her fingers from tingling in anticipation.“Okay.”

She listened for the door to click shut before letting out a long breath. The water continued to stream as steam filled the room. Ginny started to count. One, two, three. Granger had told her that Prue would strike within the first two minutes of Tonks leaving. Tonk also made sure to claim she was going off to do something where she would be back soon, making Prue feel rushed and hopefully ill-prepared.

Ninety-five, ninety-six.

Ginny heard the door open and Tonks’ ridiculous rendition of You Stole My Cauldron but You Can't Have My Heart. The song to tell Ginny everything was still all clear. Ginny turned the knobs, instantly cutting the water off, her shoulders relaxing.

Another night and still no sign of Prue. Another night she would keep her promise to Harry. No matter how confident she’d seemed during their planning, Ginny was truly worried that she wouldn’t be able to keep her vow of returning to Harry. She wanted too, really wanted too. Ginny wanted to return to Harry every night for the rest of her life, but if Prue was sneaky and determined enough…

Ginny shook her head. She wouldn’t allow herself to even toy with the idea. If it was the last thing she ever did, Ginny would make sure to get back to Harry. Even if it was only to see his face one last time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X

“This was a great idea! Thank you, Harry.” Ginny beamed at her boyfriend as she took another slice of pizza from the large box between them.

While Ginny had been out, Harry had taken it upon himself to set them up a picnic in his sitting room. He’d charmed the ceiling to mimic a vibrant purple night sky full of stars. The blanket he’d spread across the floor was the perfect mixture between soft and thick so sitting on it felt like being on a cloud. And he’d ordered her favorite type of pizza (she didn’t care what anyone said; pineapple did belong on pizza).

“I figured you had a long day and wouldn’t mind an easy night.” His smile made warmth spread throughout her entire body. “Seven days of multiple practices… it’s got to be rough.”

“You weren’t wrong.”

“Can I get that in writing... for future prosperity?”

Ginny snorted. “Only if I get a written declaration stating me as the queen of the universe.”

Harry’s smile shifted into a sly smirk. “Will you settle on being the queen of my universe?”

“Ugh.” Ginny rolled one of the paper napkins Harry had thought to provide into a ball and threw it at his head. “After that, this pizza is the second cheesiest thing in this room.”

Harry tipped his head back as he laughed. “An honor to hold such a title.”

“I wouldn’t necessarily call it an honor…” Ginny leaned forward as if sharing a secret. “I’d say it’s a shame that such a pretty face was ruined by such a ghastly title.”

Harry met her challenge, a playful glint sparkling in his eyes. “You really think I have a pretty face?”

Ginny rolled her eyes, but couldn’t prevent her lips from curling into an amused grin. “I thought you knew that. I mean, I am just in this for the sex and pizza you bring to the table. So a pretty face is required.”

A cocky smirk spread across his face. “Uh-hm, I’m sure that’s it.”

Ginny pledged an affronted hand over her heart. “You don’t believe me?”

Harry lifted a non-committal shoulder. “I mean, I just have a hard time believing you after all the things you said last night.” He slid onto his knees, leaning forward on his hands so his face was just inches from hers. His heady scent overpowered everything else, making Ginny’s heart pound wildly against her chest. She had no idea how he could still have such an effect on her, but Ginny wouldn’t have it any other way. “Remember you were laying under me? And you were raving about my ability to multitask and how innovative I am.”

Ginny considered his mischievous expression for a moment before deciding her course of action. She tapped a finger on her chin as if trying to remember. “Did I? Are you sure that wasn’t a dream?”

Nope.” Harry popped the P.

“Huh.” Ginny tilted her head to the side. “Well, then I think you’re just going to have to jog my memory.” She winked at him. “You up for the challenge?”

The slow naughty grin that spread from ear to ear was the only answer Ginny needed.
Reviews 103
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear