Search:

SIYE Time:22:46 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Covert Love
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 103
Summary: To serve and protect. That’s what Harry was there for. He had been sent undercover to protect Ginny Weasley from a mad man. Not to fall in love with her. But how couldn’t he? She was everything anyone could want, and clearly her stalker agreed.
Hitcount: Story Total: 73490; Chapter Total: 4550
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Today’s song choice is An Evening I Will Not Forget by Dermot Kennedy. I hope everyone is staying home and doing well, and I hope this chapter provides a little distraction. As always, TheDistantDusk has been incredible and edited this chapter for me!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny couldn’t resist looking over her shoulder as she inserted the key into her suite door. Harry was observing the hotel corridor, his green eyes flickering over every corner. His hair was mussed… from her fingers. His hair was naturally messy, but she had increased its rumpled look tenfold. She hadn’t been able to resist. When Harry had kissed her… fuck, it had lit a fire in her and she couldn’t have tamped it down even if she’d wanted to.

Oh, and how she hadn’t wanted to resist. It had taken all of her self-control to not ravish him right there on the dancefloor. Even fifteen minutes later her skin still tingled from where his hands held her.

Focus just for another minute, girl, Ginny scolded herself. It was hard though… if just mere memory could make her feel hot, having him standing in front of her in her small room, with the possibility of being close enough to inhale that heady scent he wore –

“Is that the right key?” Harry’s voice broke through Ginny’s imagination. She blinked twice, clearing the haze from her eyes. Her fingers tightened on the key she’d left in the lock.

“Sorry, I uh -- got distracted.” Ginny could feel the heat rising to her cheeks, but rather than elaborating she turned the key and opened the door wide. The room wasn’t the most lavish in the hotel, but Ginny had never been one for extravagance.. Just a nice bed and a kettle for an evening cup of tea was all she’d asked for.

She moved into the room, hearing Harry close the door behind himself. With a wave of her wand, Ginny illuminated the room. She stopped in the center of the suite, taking a deep breath before turning around to look at him.

Harry stood by the door, his shoulders stiff as he looked everywhere but her. Ginny’s palms started to sweat. At the club Harry had said there was something he needed to tell her; based on his lack of eye contact and gnawed lower lip, it wasn’t something she was going to like.

“Would you like a cuppa?” Ginny broke the suffocating silence. Her voice drew Harry’s focus. His green eyes landed on hers with such intense misery Ginny almost flinched. “Or maybe you can tell me why you look like someone killed your best friend.”

“I - I,” Harry stuttered, “I don’t know -”

Ginny rolled her eyes. His nervousness was starting to irk her. “Don’t know where to start? I’ve heard the beginning is a good place.”

Harry shook his head somberly. “I know where I’d like to start, but there are things I can’t tell you.”

Irritation quickly shifted to confusion. “Can’t tell me? Why can’t you tell me?”

Harry groaned, his hands flying into his hair. “That’s one of the things I can’t tell you.”

Ginny had never been so baffled by anyone before. “What the fuck are you talking about? What is stopping you from telling me?” Multiple scenarios ran through her mind, steadily getting more heinous. “Is it something to do with your past? Did you kill someone?”

Harry shook his head balefully. His eyes still had the look of a man on the edge of a cliff. “No that’s not it.” He moved so he was directly in front of her, bringing her earlier revery to life. One hand rose, stopping just before caressing her jaw. “Would it be enough for you to know that I want to tell you, but I just can’t? Can you trust me when I say I care about you so much that I can’t tell you?”

“What -” Ginny’s mind was still concocting horrible situations. His eyes dug straight to her soul, beseeching understanding. If she said yes, Ginny knew he would touch her. That if she accepted his cryptic plea Harry would kiss her and she would get the attention her body craved so drastically.

But the what-ifs coursing through her mind held her back.

With a tremendous effort, Ginny took a step back. She could see the pain in Harry’s eyes as his hand fell to his side. “Harry, I need to know. It can’t be worse than I’m imagining.”

His voice was coarse when he finally spoke. “What do you think it is?”

“What haven’t I thought?” Overwhelming exhaustion hit Ginny like a well-smacked bludger. She moved over to the mattress and sat on the edge. “You’re on the run from British authorities. That you’re an undercover spy for Puddlemere. Or fuck, maybe you have a secret family and you’re cheating on your gorgeous model wife with me.”

Harry’s mouth fell open. He shook his head with such ferocious Ginny was afraid his neck might snap. He moved towards her, crouching so he was at her level. His hand came close to hers but again stopped before any contact was made. “Christ, no! None of those are it. I swear to you, Ginny it’s nothing like that.”

Ginny’s patience was wearing thin. There was only so much she could handle of this enigmatic conversation. “Then what is it, Harry?”

“If I told you I’d lose my job.”

And the plot thickens, Ginny thought sarcastically. “How could you lose your job? Did Coach tell you something -”

Harry shook his head. His hands came up to his temples rubbing slow circles. “No, it has nothing to do with Coach. It has everything to do with -” He cut himself off, his lips clamped tight.

And that was it. The breaking point for Ginny. She just couldn’t deal with this any longer. Shaking her head, Ginny pointed to the door. She forced her voice to be neutral, while inside a typhoon of emotions whirled. “I think you should leave, Harry.”

The dejection and anguish in Harry’s expression almost made her change her mind. Almost.

Harry rose slowly from his crouch, his eyes seeming overly bright. “I - I’ll go see if Ariel or Prue can come and stay with you tonight. You shouldn’t be alone.”

Ginny shook her head. “No, they’re having a good night.”

“Then I guess I’ll be outside if you need me.” The intensity of Harry’s gaze made goose pimples rise on Ginny’s arms. Ginny clenched her hands into fists to avoid reaching for him. After what felt like an eternity, Harry leaned down and kissed her cheek. “Goodnight, Gin.”

When Harry closed the door behind him, Ginny threw herself onto her back. She stared at the ceiling not truly seeing anything.

Ginny raised her fist, before smashing it to the mattress. “Fuck!”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Ginny threw her duffle bag onto her bed. Her cottage was mercifully silent, which was just what she craved. Her head still throbbed. She had spent her final day in Spain with Prue and Ariel, cursing men and drinking sangria until they were too drunk to remember what they were damning. The problem with that was they had a portkey booked for the ungodly hour of four in the morning back to Ireland and, having not gone to bed until two… Ginny was definitely still feeling the effects of her drinking binge.

Staring at her bed, Ginny debated crawling under the covers and never leaving again. Between the pounding in her head and the overwhelming sadness surrounding her heart, the idea was too tempting. But Bill was supposed to be coming over within the next hour, and he wouldn’t care if all she wanted to do was sleep. He would happily just walk right in and be the loud older brother he was.

Deciding that tea and a hangover potion would be her best bet, Ginny made her way into the cottage’s tiny kitchen. With a flick of her wand, she started boiling the water. She rifled through the cupboards until she located her potion stock. With efficient movements, Ginny uncorked the liquid and downed the vial in one gulp. It wasn’t long after that she was settled on her sofa, her newest novel and tea in hand.

It wasn’t until her floo glowed bright green that Ginny pulled herself away from the fantasy land that her book provided. Bill stepped out of the embers, dusting off his jacket as he smiled at her. “Hey, Ginny. How was Spain?”

“It was -” Ginny’s throat closed as the memory of Harry’s distraught face as he left her room. She blinked rapidly hoping to dissipate the image. “We -- er -- won, which is great.”

“I heard.” Bill sat in the empty armchair. “I listened to the final game on the wireless. But that doesn’t explain why you look so glum.”

“I wouldn’t say glum,” Ginny muttered, falling back so she lay across the entire sofa.

“Would you prefer melancholy?” Bill easily caught the book she threw at him. “What’s going on, Ginny?”

Ginny bit her bottom lip. She honestly didn’t want to talk to Bill about her struggles with Harry and his arcane reasoning, but at the same time… all Ginny wanted to do was talk about it. She wanted everyone on her side so maybe it would justify what she’d done. Because turning Harry away still had her stomach in knots.

“Harry and I -” Ginny didn’t know how to talk to Bill about this kind of thing. Romance was never on their list of discussions. Bill liked to stay ignorant about her relationships and Ginny had no urge to hear about Fleur’s interests. She took a deep breath. “I like Harry.”

Bill rolled his eyes. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

“How about we kissed and I invited him back to my hotel room?”

Bill’s playful smile slid off his face like snow melted off a warm window. A sour look replaced it. “Aw, Ginny.” He practically whined the words. “I don’t wanna know that.”

Ginny gave him an unsympathetic shrug “You asked me to tell you something you didn’t know. Did you know about that?”

All right.” Bill held up his hands in surrender. “All right. So why does that have you in such a rotten mood? Was he that bad?”

Ginny huffed. “I wouldn’t know, would I? He told me he had to tell me something and then instead of enlightening me, he asked if I could trust him without telling me whatever it was. Why would I trust a man who is deliberately holding something back from me?!” She glared at her brother. “Why are all men such pains in the arse?”

Bill’s mouth was agape. “He wanted to tell you… something?”

“Yeah!” Ginny threw her hands above her head. “And then proceeded to not tell me. Why the hell he even brought it up -”

“Did he give you any hints on what it was about?”

Ginny shook her head violently “No, the git just kept saying he couldn’t tell me! I told him it couldn’t be worse than what my imagination was coming up with, yet he just kept asking me to trust him.”

Bill ran a hand over his ponytail, his exhale audible across the small gap between chair and sofa. “Ginny. “ He squeezed his eyes tight as if steeling himself for great pain. “Ginny, I know what it is Harry was talking about.”

It took a full five seconds for Ginny’s mind to comprehend what her brother had admitted. When she spoke her tone didn’t represent the storm raging within her. “I’m sorry, did I just hear you right? Harry told you his oh so fucking important secret, but won’t tell the woman he was ready to shag?”

Bill flinched. “He didn’t tell me, but I know about it.”

Ginny pursed her lips; now Bill was being a cryptic fucker, and she had no desire to go through whatever bullshit this was again. “Care to elaborate?”

“I can’t tell you much.” Bill rubbed the back of his neck. Ginny could see the pink tinge on the tips of his ears. A sign of his nerves. “Just that he’s trying to keep you safe.”

“Did you two discuss that line before or after we got back from Spain?” Ginny asked bitterly. “Why are you defending him? I thought you didn’t like him, based on some of your comments at dinner the other night. Besides, you should be hating him with me on principle alone.” She knew she sounded like a moody teenager, but fucking Christ she’d thought Bill would have been more than happy to curse Harry’s name with her.

Bill gave her that knowing smile he’d always used when she was a kid. It was the smile he gave her when she claimed she’d never speak to Ron again after he broke her training wand. “Ginny, I would love to hate him based on the principle that he touched you. My older brother instincts are telling me to turn him into a newt, but you and I both know you don’t really hate him.”

“Don’t tell me how I feel.” Ginny pointed an accusing finger at her brother. “You don’t know what I’m feeling.”

“I can guess, and I’d say it’s not hatred but resentment.” Bill rose from the armchair and handed her back the book she'd thrown so perfectly at his head. “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but go and give him a chance.” He gave her shoulder a pat. “He’s a good bloke. His little secret isn’t as bad as you think. When he tells you, because I’m sure he will, it might upset you for a minute but really it’s not worth not being with him.”

Ginny’s jaw was hanging wide. “Are you serious?”

Bill shrugged. “I guess I am. I’ve known you for a long time, obviously, and I’ve never seen you as happy as you’ve been the last few weeks. And you and I both know it’s due to Harry.”

“I -” Ginny wanted to deny it. Stubbornness was an essential trait within the Weasley Women, but she couldn’t lie. Harry had made her feel a thrill that had seemed to be missing from her life for who knew how long. “Bill…” She met her brother’s bright blue eyes. “What do I do?”

“Tell him that you still want to know and that he needs to tell you as soon as he can.” Bill bent down and kissed her cheek. “I’m gonna go home. I’m assuming you know where you need to go?”

Ginny nodded, her stomach bubbling like a lit cauldron. “Thanks, Bill.”

“Anytime.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Ginny stared at the basic wooden door. Harry's flat looked just like all the others from the outside. He'd explained how his Godfather had purchased an old muggle flat and remodeled it to fit magical needs. Any stranger could walk by and just see a normal building without knowing the fireplace had no chimney.

Harry's motorbike sat beside the detached garage, leaning under the small window. A shiver ran down Ginny's spine as she remembered what it felt to be on that vehicle… and the way the wind chilled her exposed cheeks and how Harry's warmth had felt against her.

Shaking herself, Ginny raised a fist to knock on the door. Her heart raced as if she’d run ten laps. She let all the air out from her lungs as her fist collided with the wood. Ginny’s heart seemed to stop dead when she heard footsteps on the other side of the door.

When Harry’s shaggy head popped out around the frame, Ginny’s became aware of her own breathing. She had to remind herself to inhale as his green eyes met hers.

“Ginny?” Harry’s entire body stiffened as he opened the door wide. “What are you doing here?" His eyes took on the look of a panicked animal."Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Ginny held her arms out wide. “See, nothing bleeding or bruised.”

Harry’s alarm ebbed away slowly, being replaced with confusion. “If you’re not hurt -”

“Mind if I come in?” Ginny interrupted Harry’s line of questioning. “I’d like to talk and here on the porch isn’t the preferred place.”

“I -” Harry blinked rapidly a few times before nodding. “Of course.” He gestured her in. Ginny walked into his simple sitting room. Her eyes immediately locked on the framed photos on the wall. She could see a young Harry running through tall grass, a gigantic black dog hot on his trail.

“Well, now, you must be Ginny.” A smooth voice spoke from her left making her jump. A tall man, with purposely ruffled dark hair, leaned against the kitchen island. His grin was like that of a dog that just was given a bone. “I’m Sirius.”

“Harry’s godfather,” Ginny remembered.

“Good to know he talks about me. All good things, I’m sure.”

Ginny grinned. “The best. He said you’re the reason he’s such a good cook.”

Sirius nodded smugly. “I did teach him his way around the kitchen.”

“And you taught him how food is a great way to impress a date, though I’m sure you had other ways you impressed the ladies after Harry was in bed.”

The stunned silence filled the room as Sirius’ jaw dropped. Ginny glanced over her shoulder and saw Harry’s expression matched his godfather’s. After a few seconds, Sirius snorted so loudly Harry’s neighbors must have heard it.

“I like her,” Sirius told Harry. “She’s cheeky, just like you."

Harry was looking at her with a doting expression. "I like her too."

Ginny's entire body seemed to hum with his praise. She couldn’t resist smiling at Harry. “Glad to know it’s mutual.” Harry's gaze intensified, making that hum become more powerful. She couldn't look away from his eyes. The way he made her feel… like there was no one else in the room. It made her heart beat faster.

Sirius cleared his throat. "I think I'll head out."

Harry hadn't looked away from her, but his words were directed at his Godfather. "Thanks, Sirius."

"Sure." The word was drawled. "I didn't do much, did I? I'd only been here for an hour before Miss Weasley came and distracted you."

Ginny could see Sirius gathering his coat out of the corner of her eye. He stopped and patted Harry's back on his way towards the front door. Though Sirius' tone was soft, Ginny could still hear him in the quiet room. "Don't let her go this time, yeah?"

Harry gave a slight nod, still not breaking eye contact with her. Ginny wasn't sure how long it would take, but she was certain she might combust from the heat in his gaze.

"Nice to meet you, Ginny," Sirius called from beside Harry.

"You too." Ginny gave him a small wave.

Sirius shook his head."Keep it in your trousers until I at least close the door." Then the door clicked shut.

Neither of them spoke, but Ginny really didn't need words. His eyes spoke volumes. A million emotions and thoughts passed through his gaze. He was sorry for what had happened, happy she was there, and most of all he wanted her.

"I --" Harry broke the silence, but Ginny knew what he was going to say and knew she didn't need to hear it.

"Promise me two things," Ginny cut him off. She took a step towards him. "One, that you haven't been lying about who you are."

"I promise everything I've told you about me is the truth."

"And as soon as you can, you'll tell me everything."

Harry licked his bottom lip. "The instant."

The fist that had surrounded her heart released. "Okay." She moved so she was standing right in front of him. Ginny could see the way his eyelashes curled perfectly. She cupped his jaw.

"Okay." When she repeated the word it was more of a husky whisper than anything.

She rose onto her toes and kissed him. It didn't take long for Harry to respond. His fingers threaded through her hair, massaging his way down to her neck.

Ginny ran her hands down to his chest, feeling hard muscles under his shirt. Harry growled deep in his throat, then before Ginny knew what had happened her back was pressed against the wall and Harry's hands were at the hem of her shirt.

Harry took his lips away from hers, making Ginny groan in disappointment until they moved further south focusing on her neck. "Is this all right?" His murmur heated her skin in the most tantalizing way.

"More than." Ginny released a shaky breath.

“How far can I go, Gin?” The way he said her name made a current of electricity course throughout her entire body. Instead of responding verbally, Ginny reached for his belt, undoing the loop. Harry groaned against her collarbone, his hips pressing harder into her.

“Lock the door, Harry,” Ginny muttered in his ear.

Harry’s head shot up, his eyes seeking confirmation. His eyes had practically become pure black, but he still waited for her nod before grabbing his wand from his loosened denims and locking the door.

His hands came back to her the moment his wand was back in his pocket, this time cupping her bum. Ginny gave out a little startled gasp as she hoisted up against the wall. She wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his middle. His lips were hard against her. Every part of him was hard against her. It was perfect. Well, almost perfect. In Ginny’s opinion, there were still too many layers between them.

“Harry.” Ginny broke away from his heated kiss. “Your room.”

Harry was breathing hard as he nodded. He pressed another hot kiss to her lips. Ginny expected him to put her down, she even began to loosen her legs from his center, but Harry clearly had no desire for anything to separate them. He hardened his hold on her before taking her away from the wall. Ginny tightened her limbs around Harry.

His room was only fifteen meters from the front door, but it felt like six hundred before they reached it. Harry lowered her to the mattress before laying over her, his focus on a pulse point on her neck. Ginny brought her hands down to the hem of his t-shirt, tugging it up. Harry caught on, removing his lips from her skin just long enough to completely remove the fabric from his torso. He threw it to the side without a second thought on the matter.

Ginny ran her hands along his strong abdomen, loving the feel of his muscles clenching under her touch. Looping her arms around his back, she flipped them so she straddled Harry. His mouth was agape as he looked up at her, his breath coming out in sharp increments. Ginny grabbed the hem of her own shirt, lifting it up over her head.

“Is this okay?” she asked, a coy smile playing on her lips.

“Couldn’t be better.” Harry’s eyes roamed over her exposed stomach.

Really?” Ginny leaned down and kissed his chin. Her hair fell down to curtain them. She moved her lips along his jaw until positioned over his ear. “And here I thought we could have a little more fun, but if you think we’re already at the peak.”

Harry exhaled, his breath tickling her skin. “Trust me when I say there will be nothing little about anything tonight.”

Ginny laughed, kissing her way back to his lips. “Care to back up your claims?”

He pulled at her lower lip with his teeth. “It will be mine, and your, pleasure.”
Reviews 103
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear