Search:

SIYE Time:13:59 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Weasley Perspective
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 39
Summary: The story of how Harry and Ginny fell in love as told through the eyes of the Weasley family.
Hitcount: Story Total: 17226; Chapter Total: 2283
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Just two chapters left. Warning for Chapter 6 - it will be George (and Fred). Thank you to Arnel as always and for your wonderful words on this chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Are you ready, Daddy?”

Arthur looked at the elegant and beautiful woman whose arm was linked with his. He couldn’t believe this was his one and only daughter, ready and waiting to walk down the aisle to begin her new life. Even more unbelievable was the fact that her dream of marrying the Boy Who Lived had come true. Oh, he knew this was not the reason why his daughter had fallen in love with the boy. No, it was because of the young man Harry Potter was — loving, trustworthy, protective, and noble, among so many other wonderful attributes.

However, at that moment, Arthur was not sure he was ready to give his little girl away, even if it was to the perfect man for her. Ginny had grown up so quickly, forced to because of the experiences throughout Hogwarts, but Arthur wished he could have given her a more innocent childhood, an extra year with her being the mischievous little girl she had been before her first year at school. Yet, he knew it was those experiences that had made her into the stunning young woman she was today. As hard it was for him to do so as her father, it was time to let his daughter go and take the next big step in her life.

“I am so proud of you,” he whispered to Ginny just before they took the first step down the aisle.

HP&GW

September 1991…


“Were there any problems getting the boys on the train to school?” Arthur asked as he sat down to have dinner, following a long day at the Ministry.

“We were nearly late as the twins and Ron were not ready to go when I had planned to leave,” Molly told him as she placed a plate of beef, potatoes and vegetables in front of him. “Though, I cannot complain about it as it led to us helping a lovely boy through the
barrier to the platform.”

Arthur recognised the tone in his wife’s voice. The child was one she would happily mother if she was given the chance.

“It was Harry Potter, Daddy,” Ginny piped up before Arthur could ask his wife about the boy.

“Harry Potter?” Arthur questioned as he looked to Molly for confirmation, who nodded her head in return.

“Yes, it was him!” his daughter excitedly replied. “He was all alone at the station. His family didn’t come with him onto the platform.”

Arthur was concerned by his daughter’s comment. He knew, as did everyone in the wizarding world, that Harry Potter had been sent to live with his only living relatives, who just so happened to be Muggles. He knew that the parents of Muggleborns would certainly find the wizarding world to be overwhelming, but he had never heard of a child being left to board the train by themselves.

“He was ever so polite, Arthur,” Molly said as she recalled meeting the Boy Who Lived earlier that day. “A little nervous, but I think that would be expected since he is only just returning to our world.”

“Fred and George met and spoke to him as well,” Ginny said as jealously seeped through her words. “Mum wouldn’t let me go on the train to meet him.”

Arthur could tell Ginny was not happy that she had not been allowed to meet her childhood hero and crush. However, even without confirming with his wife why she had not allowed it, he suspected his daughter would have overwhelmed the poor boy with her excitement of getting to speak to him.

“I chased after the train as well to wave off the boys,” Ginny continued, not waiting for a response from either of her parents. “I couldn’t see them, but I did see Harry sitting in a compartment, looking out of the window. He looked sad. I think that’s because there was no one there to wave him off. So, I waved to him instead!”

Arthur smiled as the small act of kindness that his daughter had shown a boy she did not personally know. Though, again, her words concerned him. It was sounding more and more like Harry’s childhood had not been as good as everyone had thought. Still, there was not much he could do. He had no evidence or reason to take a deeper look into the situation.

“Daddy, you’re not listening to me!”

“Sorry, sweetheart,” Arthur said, focusing on his daughter once more. A quick glance at his wife let her known that they would speak about the family meeting the boy later after their youngest child had gone to bed. Arthur wanted to know what had happened from someone a little more impartial than his daughter. “What did you say to me?”

“He saw me looking at him! He didn’t wave, but maybe he wasn’t sure if I was looking at him. He watched me chase the train until it was going too fast for me to keep up!”

Arthur smiled. His little girl’s crush was not going to go away anytime soon, especially now Harry Potter was attending Hogwarts. He just wondered now what would happen if the boy became good friends with his youngest son, Ron. Somehow, Arthur knew that the next seven years were certainly going to be interesting if the Boy Who Lived became a big part of their lives.

HP&GW

May 1993…


Arthur watched over his daughter as she slept, devastated over what she had been through and angry with himself for not having seen the signs that something was wrong. Her letters to home, which she had continued to write throughout the year, had been normal and much more detailed than any of her brothers had ever been. Even when she had come home for Christmas, nothing had seen amiss with her. Yet, as he thought over it, there had been little signs that, when put together, showed that Ginny had been in trouble.

“Take a seat on the bed, Mr Potter.”

Arthur looked up at hearing the matron’s voice, glad to hear that Harry had come to be checked over. The amount of dirt and blood Harry had been covered in had worried him and Molly, even though the boy had not appeared to be hurt or in pain while explaining the events that had led to them sitting in Professor McGonagall’s office.

The way he had spoken as well had made saving Ginny from certain death sound like it was an everyday occurrence for him. Arthur had been surprised by just how calm Harry had appeared, but it had allowed the boy to provide a concise, yet detailed account of everything. However, something had stood out for him in the way Harry had spoken about finding Ginny on the floor of the chamber, close to death. That moment had certainly impacted the young Gryffindor in a way that was yet to make itself known. Admittedly, Arthur did hope it would help bridge the gap between his daughter and the boy she’d long had a crush on and create a friendship based on a shared experience.

“Molly, I am just going to step away for a moment,” Arthur said as he stood from his chair. “Would you like me to get you a cup of tea?”

“That would be nice, Arthur,” his wife replied, not once taking her eyes away from their youngest child.

Arthur walked the short distance between where his daughter lay sleeping to where Harry was being lectured by Madam Pomfrey.

“Did you even think, Mr Potter, when deciding to put yourself in such a precarious position?”

“I believe he was just doing what needed to be done, Madam Pomfrey,” Arthur said, hoping it helped save Harry from her lecturing him further. “I doubt the consequences were a priority at the time, given he was in the process of saving my daughter.”

The matron frowned for a moment, but then gave Arthur a curt nod of understanding before leaving to go and check on her other patients.

“Thank you, sir,” Harry quietly stated.

“I believe it is only fair, Harry, given what you did for my family tonight. I don’t think we will ever be able to repay you for saving our Ginny and risking your life in the process.”

“Ron was with me as well,” the boy protested modestly.

“He wasn’t there in the chamber with you, though.”

“I’m glad he wasn’t,” Harry confessed after a few moments of silence. “Seeing Ginny there, lying on the floor of the Chamber… it was one of the worst moments of my life.”

Arthur was stunned by the words that had come from the young wizard’s lips. He had noticed over the summer that Harry had been overwhelmed by Ginny’s crush, but the boy had never once called her out on it. Now, here he was, admitting that what he and Ginny had just been through had been one of the worst moments of his life. For Arthur, it showed that Harry did care for his youngest child. He could only hope, therefore, that this shared traumatic experience would forge a friendship between them, allowing them to move past the awkwardness of the summer before.

“Well, I can only thank you again for saving my daughter’s life,” Arthur replied, not truly knowing how to respond to what Harry admitted. “I feel we shall forever be in your debt for the courage you showed this evening.”

Harry did not respond, blushing from Arthur’s thanks and praise.

“I hear there is going to be a late-night feast, so I shall let you head off to the Great Hall. I am sure Hermione will be joining you soon.”

HP&GW

August 1993…


Looking out over the beautiful view of Cairo that could be seen from their balcony, Arthur relaxed as he enjoyed the peace and quiet of the warm summer night. Their holiday in Egypt had been enjoyable and much more relaxing than he could have hoped, but tomorrow, they would return to England ahead of his children’s new school year. He wanted to take this chance to enjoy the calm before the chaos that tomorrow would almost definitely bring.

“Daddy?”

Arthur turned to see his daughter standing just inside the balcony doors. She appeared nervous, but he couldn’t imagine why she would be. He smiled at her as he gestured to the chair next to him.

“I thought you were playing Exploding Snap with your brothers,” Arthur asked once Ginny had taken the seat he had motioned to.

“I was, but I saw you out here by yourself and thought I would come and spend some time with you,” Ginny admitted with a small smile.

The father and daughter sat in silence for several minutes as they kept their eyes solely on the view before them as the stars shone brightly over the city.

“Thank you,” his daughter said, breaking the silence.

“Whatever for?”

“For this trip,” she automatically replied, though Arthur could tell there was more to her thank you. “For bringing us to see Bill and Charlie. For…”

Ginny paused, causing Arthur to look over at his daughter. She appeared to be struggling with whether she wanted to continue what she was about to say. He suspected that it had something to do with the events of her first year at Hogwarts, but he refused to push her to speak, knowing she would do so if she felt able to.

“For giving me the space I needed to deal with what happened to me,” Ginny finally said as she turned to face her father. “I know I haven’t talked to you or Mum about it, at least nothing beyond what you already knew.”

“It’s fine that you haven’t wanted to talk to me or your mother,” Arthur replied, truly meaning what he had said as he knew Ginny had spoken to Bill and Charlie in some capacity about the Chamber. “I know your mother may currently be a little overprotective of you, but she would never push you to talk about it with her if you don’t want to.”

“I know, and I appreciate the patience you have both shown me. You have let me open up to the people I felt most comfortable with. I think because Bill and Charlie were not there at the school that night, it has made it easier for me to talk them. So, thank you, Daddy, for bringing us to Egypt. It really has helped me.”

Ginny stood from her seat, came over to Arthur and hugged him tightly.

“Are you ready to return to Hogwarts?” he asked curiously as Ginny chose to sit on the floor by his feet and rest her head on his knee, similar to what she had done when she was younger.

“I’m little nervous,” she confessed quietly. “I know Professor Dumbledore made sure no one knew anything beyond me being taken into the Chamber and that it was Harry who rescued me, but I don’t really know how people are going to react to me. They have had a summer to let everything sink in. What if they think I’m to blame for what happened?”

“Ginny, are you worrying about what the students think?” he asked, suspecting that it was in fact someone specific she was worried about. “Or, are you worried that Harry may think badly of you?”

“Harry,” Ginny whispered just loud enough for Arthur to hear.

Arthur honestly did not know how to respond to his daughter’s confession. He did not want to betray Harry’s confidence after he had been completely honest with Arthur about it had felt to see Ginny lying on the floor of the Chamber. Yet, at the same time, he needed to tell her something.

“I don’t think Harry is going to hate you or think badly of you, Ginny. He was just as worried about you as your whole family was. Just don’t expect to have this instant friendship with him, though.”

Arthur didn’t have the heart to tell his daughter about the fact that Sirius Black had escaped Azkaban and the concern from the Ministry, having already been notified himself, that the man may be after Harry with an intent to kill him. He didn’t need her worrying when she needed to focus on returning to Hogwarts and facing any demons she had about being there.

“I am probably worrying about nothing,” Ginny said as she stood up and turned to face him. “Thank you, Daddy.”

Arthur watched his daughter walked back inside, worried for how the coming year would treat her, but confident she would face everything like the Gryffindor she was.

HP&GW

June 1995…


“Ginny?” Arthur said as he came to a standstill as he walked into the kitchen. “What are doing up so early?”

Arthur had just come downstairs to make himself a cup of tea before getting ready to go to work. While he was up a little earlier than usual, awake even before his wife, he had decided to go into work earlier than normal in hopes of allowing himself to have more time in the evening to help prepare for their move to headquarters for the Order.

“Nightmare,” Ginny quietly replied as she lifted her head up to reveal red, swollen eyes.

The nightmare was not a surprise to Arthur. He had, in fact, been expecting his daughter to feel the impact of the return of You-Know-Who after what she had been through during her first year at Hogwarts. However, knowing how far she had come in putting those events behind her, he had not been expecting the tears.

“Do you want to tell me about it?” he asked as he began making himself a cup of tea, plus a fresh cup for Ginny.

“It was all a bit of jumble of images,” Ginny confessed. “I dreamt of the Chamber and the diary, but it morphed into something worse.”

Arthur said nothing as he poured the hot water into their cups. He doubted she would go into detail about the nightmare, but he could tell that something it was bothering her.

“Do you think You-Know-Who will come after me?”

It was a question Arthur had not even thought to consider. The diary had just been a memory of You-Know-Who, therefore, the current form of the Dark wizard would have no memory of it. The only way he would know was if Lucius Malfoy made him aware of it. If he did though, would Ginny be at risk? Even so, what good would come of kidnapping the witch the diary had been planted on? His daughter barely remembered anything that happened to her; only what she had written and read in the diary and waking up in the Chamber. Everything else, as she had admitted, was just big blank spaces in her head.

“I have no reason to believe he would,” Arthur answered honestly as he finally came over to the table and placed the two cups of tea on the table. “I don’t believe he has anything to gain from doing so. Why do you ask?”

Ginny did not immediately answer, choosing to stare into her fresh cup of tea. Arthur waited patiently for her to respond, wondering if Harry had part in her thoughts leading her down this road.

“Does anyone even know why You-Know-Who is after Harry?”

While this was a question he, and many other people, had considered, he was unable to connect it to Ginny’s concerns. He thought about what she asked and realised that he had only considered why the Dark wizard had gone after the Potters that night. What danger were all three Potters to You-Know-Who? He didn’t know, but now it appeared he was now after Harry again. He suspected that it would be for revenge for his original defeat. Yet, something inside told him that it had to be far more than that.

“I honestly don’t know the answer to that, Ginny,” Arthur said, choosing his words carefully. “It was unheard of to hear of just one person surviving a personal attack on a family by Voldemort. The only reason I can think of, right now, as to why he may be after Harry is for revenge.”

“Wouldn’t that mean he would want to come after me for revenge on surviving the Chamber, though?” Ginny asked again.

“As I said before, Ginny, I don’t think he would. I think You-Know-Who’s focus will be solely on Harry for the moment. If it would make you feel better, I can speak to Professor Dumbledore and see what he thinks.”

“No, it’s fine,” his daughter said in refusal. “He has more pressing issues to be worrying about than my stupid concern. I am just worrying for nothing. Like you said, he has no reason to come after me. Unless he has been told, he won’t even know about my
involvement with the Chamber.”

Arthur was shocked by the sudden turnaround from his daughter, but he figured she just needed one person to give her some reassurance. That didn’t mean that he was not concerned himself. While he did fully believe that You-Know-Who had no reason to come after Ginny, it didn’t mean he would not choose to do so at some point in the future. If Harry was killed, would Ginny be next?

“I’m honestly more concerned about Harry, right now, Dad,” Ginny continued. “I can’t imagine how he is feeling, but I feel, out of everyone, I may have the closest idea because of my own experiences. I want to be there for him as best as I can. So, I need to stop letting my own fears from getting me down, so I can be strong for Harry.”

Ginny reached over and hugged Arthur. He was amazed by how willing she was to ignore her own concerns to help a friend in need, especially one that she had struggled to form a solid friendship with. Yet, she was right in saying she was closest to understanding what Harry was going through at that moment. He just hoped Harry would recognise that and open up to her when the opportunity presented itself.

HP&GW

January 1996…


Arthur sat back in his seat and took in the scene before him. Members of the Order and his family were gathered around the table, eating, chatting and laughing on the night before the children were due to return to Hogwarts. It was a blessing for him to be here with them, sharing a meal, when he had spent the past two weeks at St Mungo’s, following his attack by a snake while on guard duty at the Ministry.

Looking over at the boy who had somehow saved him, he noticed Harry seemed to be tense. Whether it was the remnants of the situation from earlier that day or because he would be returning to Hogwarts the next day, Arthur was not certain. He suspected it was both, even if he did remain unaware of what had happened between Severus, Sirius and Harry.

It was then that he noticed it — Harry quickly glancing at Ginny.

It was something of a surprise to see as he knew the pair had struggled to form a friendship similar to what Harry had with Ron and the twins. Ginny’s crush on the boy had not helped, but Arthur had hoped that the Chamber would have formed a bond between them. That had not been the case, but given the events of the previous two years, he couldn’t blame Harry when his focus had been directed elsewhere. However, something in the last few months, or was it the last few days, had changed between them.

Harry glanced over Ginny once again. This time, Arthur was ready for it, allowing him to notice the look in the boy’s eyes. He was different to one he had when he looked at his godfather, one that would flicker between amusement and concern. Yet, when he looked at Ginny, there seemed to be a look of contemplation as though he was trying to figure something out about the youngest Weasley.

“I take it you have noticed,” his wife whispered to him, pulling his focus from Harry.

“That Harry seems to keep sneaking looks at our daughter?”

“I think he has finally noticed her,” Molly said joyfully.

Arthur didn’t think that was the case. There was no look of awe or admiration to suggest that he had.

“I don’t that it is, Molly,” Arthur told his wife honestly. “Has something happened while I have been in hospital?”

“There was a minor confrontation between the pair,” Molly explained. “Harry accidentally upset her and Ginny put him in his place. I don’t know what it was about, but Harry seems to have been looking at her in new light since then.”

Arthur returned to his gaze to the table, discretely watching as Harry continued to sneak looks at Ginny. His wife’s explanation certainly explained the look of contemplation on the boy’s face. Harry was finally seeing the real Ginny, not the young girl with a crush on the Boy Who Lived, who would run away and refuse to speak in his presence. Perhaps now, Harry could finally form a true friendship with the one person who knew what it was like to face You-Know-Who.

HP&GW

December 1996…


“So, Harry,” Arthur said as he took a seat on the sofa next to the young wizard, “how has your year at school been so far?”

“Beside the whole business with Snape and Malfoy?” Harry asked, who looked surprised by the man’s question.

“Yes, and I would like to think more has happened besides that,” Arthur replied, hoping Harry had not been completely distracted by whatever the young Malfoy heir was up to.

“It’s been better than expected,” Harry replied. “Professor Slughorn is actually a good teacher and I am doing better in Potions now.”

Arthur nodded, understanding the strained relationship between Harry and Professor Snape.

“I am really enjoying being Quidditch Captain as well. Ron and Ginny are incredible additions to the team. Ginny certainly surprised me at tryouts. I knew she was great a Seeker, but she really excels as a Chaser. She is completely in her element when she is on her broom with the Quaffle in her hand.”

Harry continued to talk about the first few months of school and Arthur couldn’t help but notice how often Ginny was mentioned and how Harry’s eyes would light up when he did. It seemed that, in a space of a year, Harry’s feelings towards the youngest Weasley had shifted and changed. Had he finally seen Ginny’s true self and fallen for her?

“…and Ginny ended up telling Professor McGonagall that she had forgotten to brake,” Harry continued, never once noticing how Arthur was carefully watching his facial expression. “I know she shouldn’t have done it, but with the way Zacharias Smith had been commentating, I don’t blame her for getting her own back on him.”

The pride in Harry’s eyes as he talked about what Ginny had done did not go unnoticed by Arthur. He was absolutely certain the boy had developed feelings for his daughter, but he wanted to confirm in a way that would appear cruel if anyone realised what he was doing.

“May I ask about Dean, Ginny’s boyfriend?” Arthur said.

“What about him?” Harry replied with a frown.

“Well, we know very little about him, except that he is a boy in your year and house. I would just like to know a bit more and whether he is good to our daughter.”

Arthur watched Harry as the young wizard appeared to think about what he wanted to say. It appeared the boy was struggling with how to approach the question. He suspected this may be because he did not want to come off as jealous. If that was the case, then, he was right to believe that Harry had feelings for Ginny.

“He is a decent guy,” Harry finally said. “He is on the Quidditch team, filling in for Katie after what happened to her in Hogsmeade. He treats her well, but I don’t think Ginny was happy with the way he ran from an argument between Ginny and Ron when he had the chance.”

“What were they arguing about?” Arthur said with a sigh.

“Oh, they…” Harry said before freezing.

“Shall I take a guess?” Arthur asked, suspecting Harry did not want to reveal details. “It must have been Ginny’s dating life.”

Thankfully, Harry nodded in confirmation.

“It was the same before you arrived, Harry. You would not be revealing anything I already didn’t know and you certainly don’t need to reveal what led to the argument.”

“Ron, well, he went to call her something awful,” Harry admitted. “He never said the word, because Ginny interrupted him before he could thankfully, but it was clear Ron felt she had dated too many people and that she was beginning to earn a reputation. I had to stop them from hexing one another.”

Arthur sighed, hating how protective his sons appeared to be of Ginny. While he could admit that he would rather Ginny not be dating anyone, worried about how she might be treated, he knew she was old enough to make her our decision. Plus, he was certain that Ginny would never remain with any boy who treated her badly.

“What do you think, Harry?” he asked the boy, knowing he would be torn between defending his best friend and the girl he had so obviously fallen for.

“I think Ginny knows her own mind and heart to decide for herself,” Harry confessed, “but, at the same time, I think she could do better than Dean.”

Arthur smiled as Harry realised what he said before he bolted from the living room in horror. He was pleased that the boy had finally recognised Ginny for who she truly was as a person. However, it did leave him wondering whether his daughter still held feelings for Harry and whether she had reached the same conclusion as he had — that Harry Potter was completely smitten with her.

HP&GW

August 1997…


Arthur sighed in despair at the state of the tent. Tables were turned over, chairs scattered and glass smashed across the floor. It was a stark reminder that a beautiful and happy occasion had been turned into a fight for their lives, following the Ministry falling into the hands of Death Eaters. He was just grateful that there had been no serious injuries and that Harry, Hermione and Ron had escaped before anyone could stop them.

The thought of Harry escaping brought him back to how the Death Eaters had handled his youngest child. They had questioned her relentlessly over Harry’s location and any potential plans he had. Thankfully, Ginny did not have the answers to that and could truthfully state that Harry had not been seen by anyone at the wedding. The Death Eaters just didn’t need to know that the Boy Who Lived had been there in disguise with only a select few knowing the truth. However, it bothered him that the Death Eaters seemed certain that Ginny would give them answers, let alone know them. There was something he was missing and if the looks the two teens had consistently exchanged throughout Harry’s stay here, then perhaps his daughter was hiding the true extent of her relationship with the boy.

He looked over to where his daughter sat, next to her brother, Charlie. She seemed a little shaken by events, but relieved it was all over. While he would rather leave to her in the company of her brother for the meantime; he didn’t think he could leave getting answers from her. If his daughter had embarked on a relationship with Harry, then they needed to take that into consideration when making plans for if and, most likely, when they went into hiding.

“Charlie, may you excuse us for the moment,” Arthur said, having walked over to where his two children sat. “I need to have a private word with your sister.”

“I can go and help clean up,” Charlie said before looking at his sister. “Tell him the truth, Ginny. Your life may depend on it.”

Arthur was surprised by the comment made by his son to his sister. Yet, somehow, he felt that it was to do with what he was about to ask her.

“You’re going to ask me about why the Death Eaters singled me out,” Ginny stated without question.

“I am,” Arthur confirmed. “I am guessing Charlie knows the answer. Is there anyone else who does?”

“Far more people than I am honestly comfortable with,” his daughter admitted. “Mum, Bill and Charlie all know. As does anyone who was present at Hogwarts this past year.”

He didn’t need her to say the words to confirm her relationship with Harry had changed. Her last statement had made that perfectly clear. The worry for him now was whether You-Know-Who was aware of what Ginny meant to Harry and if he would take advantage of that knowledge.

“We broke up,” Ginny stated when Arthur had responded. “At Professor Dumbledore’s funeral. I wasn’t surprised as he knew it would come down to Harry in the end. I just hate that I only had a few weeks with him.”

Arthur sighed in defeat. He had a feeling that neither Ginny, nor Harry had taken into account that Severus Snape and Draco Malfoy would think the two teens were still in a relationship. It was possible, therefore, they had passed that information on to You-Know-Who before the break-up had even taken place.

“I understand that Harry is hoping that this break-up will keep you safe,” Arthur carefully said, “but, whichever way you look at it, you are still at risk. You’re a Weasley and we are known blood-traitors and supporters of Dumbledore. Harry walking away from you has probably not helped as much as he thinks it has.”

“I know that,” Ginny admitted, a determined look on a face. “I didn’t tell Harry that, because I knew he needed to believe I would be safe. He needs to concentrate on the task ahead of him and if this helped him, then I accept that.”

“I need you understand, then, that if our safety is compromised, we will be going into hiding. Thankfully, they have bought the story of your brother having for Spattergroit for now, like they have accepted you know nothing of Harry’s plans, but we both know that can change. If and when it does…”

“Then, we have to go into hiding. I understand, Dad. I won’t fight you on it if it comes to that.”

“Good,” Arthur said as he wrapped his arms around his daughter and hugged her. “I suggest you go and get cleaned up before letting your mum fuss over you. I know you don’t like it, but I think we both know it would help her right now.”

Arthur watched as his daughter walked back towards the house to do as he asked. He hated that she was probably at more risk than anyone in the family, barring Ron. If he thought it was possible, he would take them into hiding now, but he knew it would look too suspicious. All he could think of, right now, was to speak to Minerva and make her aware that Ginny could be a potential target.

HP&GW

July 1998…


Arthur looked up from his newest Muggle contraption as he heard a knock on the door of his shed.

“Come in,” he called out, placing the rectangular shaped box upon the workbench.

“Sorry if I am disturbing you, Arthur.”

Arthur was pleasantly surprised to see his daughter’s boyfriend standing just inside the door of the shed. He had been expecting Harry to come and seek him out for a talk ever since he had discovered the young wizard was dating his daughter. Some people would tell it was too early in their relationship or that they were still so young, but Arthur had quickly seen that the relationship between Harry and his only daughter was one for keeps.

“No, not at all, Harry,” Arthur replied kindly. “Perhaps you could tell me what this Muggle contraption is?”

Harry walked over to the opposite side of the work bench and took a look at the item Arthur pointed out to him.

“Oh, that’s a VCR, better known as a video player,” Harry told him with a hint of condescension. “You have to connect it to the TV for it to work. You place a video tape in it, press play and the images from the tape show on the TV.”

“Ingenious! Muggles always amaze me with what they managed come up with,” Arthur exclaimed before gesturing to Harry to take a seat. “So, what can I for you, Harry?”

“I…” Harry paused to take a deep breath; his nerves obvious for Arthur to see. “I wanted to talk to you about my relationship with Ginny.”

“What about it?” Arthur asked, refusing to make this easy for the young wizard.

“Well, I am very much aware that the entire family has been watching us, observing our relationship. I would be a fool to ignore that it was happening. I am happy that no one has tried to interfere and stop us from having time together, but I am starting to feel like I need to make my intentions known for everyone to take a step back.”

“I can have a word if you want me to?”

Arthur had suspected the couple had known the family had been observing. To be honest, he was more surprised that neither of them had snapped and told them all to back off.

“Oh, no, it’s fine,” Harry admitted, though Arthur doubted that it was. “I think they are slowly coming to the realisation how much we care for and love one another and that we are intending to stay together.”

Harry looked away, making the Weasley patriarch realise that the young wizard had perhaps said too much. While the young couple
were openly affectionate with one another, Harry didn’t tend to express his feelings verbally for everyone to hear.

“Erm… I wanted to inform you of my intentions with regards to my relationship with your daughter,” Harry continued, standing up a bit straighter. “I don’t feel the need to prove myself worthy of your daughter’s love, even though I still wonder how I am myself. However, I do wish to let you know, and would very much like your blessing, that I do, one day, wish to marry her.”

“You have both my and Molly’s blessing,” Arthur replied instantly, not wanting to make Harry feel any more nervous than already was. “May I ask when you plan to ask her?”

“Oh, erm, I am not quite sure,” Harry confessed. “Not for a few months at least, but it is dependent on what Ginny decides about Hogwarts. If she chooses to go back, then it will not happen until she finishes school. If she doesn’t, then I think it will be by the end of the year.”

“I take it Ginny is conflicted about returning to a place that holds such bad memories for her.”

“Yes. We have talked it through many times, but as I said to her, it has to be her decision. I will support whatever she decides.”

“And that would be a sign of what it means to be true partners in a relationship, Harry,” Arthur told him proudly, knowing that any concerns his family still had about the relationship between Ginny and Harry could be easily put to rest if they understood how supportive the pair were of one another. However, he did not plan to tell them that, nor of how Harry had made clear his intentions for the youngest Weasley. He just wondered if he would be able to keep it secret from his wife until the day Harry proposed to Ginny.

HP&GW

Turning to his daughter, Arthur pushed away the memories and leant down to kiss his daughter’s cheek. Her smile as he pulled away truly stunned him. Her happiness at marrying the love of her life was clear for everyone to see.

“Take good care of him,” he whispered to Ginny’s amusement before he turned to face the groom and the minister.

“Take good care of my daughter,” he said as he placed Ginny’s hand in the hand of the groom.

“If she lets me, Arthur,” Harry replied, causing Arthur to chuckle.

The couple may have both laughed at his suggestion to them, but it was well-known within the family that these two would always take care of the other, no matter what.

Knowing his part was now done, Arthur went and took his seat next to his wife, excited to see where the couple’s next steps in life would take them as he also reminded himself that he was not losing his daughter, but was instead gaining a son.
Reviews 39
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear