Search:

SIYE Time:1:30 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Week at the Burrow
By beginningimprovised

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Teddy Lupin
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 30
Summary: The Weasley family is finally all together at the Burrow for the week prior to Easter. During their stay Harry and Ginny, discover their feelings for one another, or the fact that they hadn't left.

Set in an AU where Harry and Ginny were unable to talk following their kiss in HBP.
Hitcount: Story Total: 13931; Chapter Total: 1891
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Getting close to the end, only two more chapters to go! Thanks for all the reviews, enjoy!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry awoke that morning once again mourning the loss of the pleasant dreams he’d been having again, a continuation of the previous night’s. He could still hear Ron snoring beside him and he could just make out the form of George quietly sleeping in the cot across from him. He quietly pulled on his clothes for the day and made his way downstairs. It wasn’t exactly early by any means and certainly not as early as he had awoken the previous day but Mrs.Weasley would likely be up soon, and he wanted to possibly enjoy some time alone. Or possibly some time alone with Ginny, to which he preferred the latter.

He walked especially quietly past Hermione and Alice’s room, not wanting to cause either to wake. He was a little less careful passing Ginny's door, peering slightly through the mostly opened door, as he walked by he was able to see just enough of the pile of blankets on her bed to discern that she was probably already awake.

Sure enough when he walked downstairs, he found Ginny, and to his surprise as well Mrs.Weasley was already awake. The pair sat across from one another at the table and were sipping cups of Tea.

“Good morning dear,” Molly said to him quietly as he neared the table “would you like some tea or coffee?” she said motioning towards Ginny who had just stood up and was likely fixing herself another cup.

“I can get it.” he said with a soft smile. He moved around the table to the counter where Ginny stood with her wand out, appearing to be heating up a cup of coffee.

“Good morning.” he said softly as he leaned in close to her.

“Morning” she said with a small smile as she turned to face him. A smile he loved greatly.

“How’d you sleep?” he asked as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

“Rather well still, you?” she said with a smirk, and inclination that Harry knew referred to the cause of both of their well-restedness as of late.

Harry softly chuckled once, “As good as it has been.” he said, reaching up to scratch at the light facial hair.

Ginny looked at him and reached up, her hand cupping his jaw. Moving back and forth to feel the week’s worth of unshaven facial hair move with it.

Harry quickly looked to Molly, though he found her very interested in whatever she was reading in the morning’s Prophet, almost too interested. He assumed she was doing this for their benefit. But his attention was quickly drawn back to Ginny.

“Do you think I should shave it?” he asked her the question he was asking himself, but he actually cared for her opinion.

“No,” she said quietly so that only they could hear, as she took a step closer to him, “I like what I’m seeing.” she stared at him directly in the eyes, and Harry struggled not to lose himself in hers.

“And, I like what I'm feeling too.” Her hand had stopped moving back and forth and now just rested gently on his face. But it felt as though electricity was shooting through her hand to his body.

“Good, I'll keep it for a while then.” he said, putting his hand on hers, ensuring that her hand remained on his face.

A creak caused them to take notice of their surroundings once more. There were footsteps on the stairs and though he didn’t want it, he let her hand go, which she let linger on his face as long as possible as they backed away from one another. Though Harry looked back at Ginny and thankfully she too was looking at him once again.

Ron, Hermione and Alice appeared, coming down the stairs. As soon as Hermione set foot in the first floor of the Burrow, her eyes narrowed and a smirk appeared on her face as she looked back and forth between Harry and Ginny.

“Morning you two. Morning Mrs. Weasley” Hermione spoke in the knowing tone that haunted Harry since he had met her.

“Ah, Harry there you are, with Ginny.” Alice said as she came down the staircase, her tone growing more disappointed as she spoke the sentence.

Ginny quickly moved from the counter to sit next to her mother. Ron mumbled his morning pleasantries through a yawn as Ginny entered into conversation about whatever she and Molly had read that morning.

Alice made her way around the counter of the heels of Hermione however she stopped and wrapped her arms around Harry burying herself slightly in his chest.

“G’morning.” he spoke softly as he kissed the top of her head.

“Good morning” she responded, humming in delight as she remained buried in his chest. He quickly looked to Ginny, however she was still in conversation with her mother and hadn’t paid any notice to him or what was happening between him and Alice.

Alice after a few seconds more of being held, pulled back slightly just enough to allow herself free motion of her head and hands. She looked up at Harry and smiled as she put a hand to his face, cupping in the same way Ginny had just done. Though with none of the same feelings.

“You should shave.” she said and Harry quickly looked towards Ginny, who had quietly taken notice of what was happening between him and Alice.

“Actually, I like it, I think I’m going to keep it for a while” he said just loud enough so that Ginny could hear as well. When he glanced back at Ginny, she wore a satisfied smirk that indicated she had.

Alice broke free of his arms after that and everyone entered into mundane conversation about how nice the week was and how they aren’t looking forward to going back to work. Everyone except Ginny that is, who could not wait to get back to playing. Harry loved the look she got when she was talking about her life as a quidditch player. It was obvious to anyone when she was talking about it that she loved it practically more than anything in the world. And he was happy that she was able to do it as a career. Something that they had discussed many times during his sixth year, and her worries surrounding it.

Now here they sat, Ginny a professional player for her favourite team, beloved by all, only just getting started in the peak of her career. Harry felt a wave of affection flow through him at the thoughts of her and how truly passionate she was for the things and people she loved.

Mrs.Weasley had begun on breakfast shortly after Ron, Hermione and Alice joined them. Knowing many of the Weasleys would soon join them and likely try to make as much as they could of one last breakfast at the burrow.

Ginny however sat in the same place she had that morning with her mother. Unlike every single time she had that week, where she had sat next to Harry. He sat in his usual spot, now across from her. Even though the table was loud and warm, he missed the feeling of Ginny, ever so slightly pressing herself into his side. However now, he was able to look at her, and she, him. He couldn’t help but admire her, though he kept it on the down-low with the hopes that neither Alice or any of the Weasleys would take notice of his looks.

Ginny, took notice though, catching him very often and smirking lightly at sometimes, though at one point she gently kicked him underneath the table, and he kicked back, however he missed and ended up kicking George, who jumped up and accused Ron of kicking him.

“I did not!” Ron shouted through a mouthful of food. Ginny nearly snorted in laughter as Ron was kicked back by George.

After a minute, they were settled by Angelina and Hermione, and everyone went back to idle conversation. Ginny however, maintained a conversation with Harry and her mother while her leg snaked under the table to lightly caress Harry’s leg. Harry nearly choked mid conversation gathering looks from Molly and Alice. He was able to swallow down his food.

Ginny only did it for a little longer, after she kept catching him staring at her multiple times. Though only she caught him, he figured, because she was going to look at him herself and many times they caught on another. Harry in those moments with her caress and the eye contact, was quietly reminded of some parts of the dreams he’d had the previous nights but quickly tried pushing them away by entering into conversation with Arthur about goings on in the muggle world.

After a tiny break from her playing footsie, Harry decided to try and give her a taste of her own medicine, and caressed her leg under the table this time. He made sure that he actually hit her leg this time, which was confirmed when she whipped her head from where she had been looking across the table to Harry. He smiled innocently at her, and crooked his head as if he were asking ‘what?’. She gave him a happily angry grin and continued on in her conversation, which he allowed her to focus back on after he removed his leg from hers.

Breakfast after that was rather uneventful. As everyone was cleaning up their plates discussing when they were going to leave, Charlie called to them all.

“What about one last game of quidditch?” His call was met with a series of “great idea” and acceptances.

“How about Weasleys versus non-Weasleys” Though Fleur was currently the only person around who had the name Weasley but was not born one, she was still considered a non-Weasley when the need arose. More often than not, that need was quidditch.

Soon after everyone had started then stopped with the packing of their stuff and the planning of their departure, they all gathered around the quidditch pitch. Clearly still reeling from their harsh defeat at the hands of him and Ginny, the Weasley men let Ginny take lead and be captain. Within seconds of consulting with the non-Weasleys, Harry had once again been reluctantly declared captain.

He met Ginny in the middle of the pitch, getting ready to wish one another, ‘good game’.

“Good luck Potter.” Ginny said with a smirk that he considered to be her ‘quidditch smirk’.

“Good luck Weasley”

“We won’t need it.” She said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

Arthur, on the sidelines of the pitch with Molly, who held a squirming Victoire in her arms, let the balls go and the game began. As soon as the quaffles were released Ginny had grabbed one and already scored. Harry watched this happen multiple times prior to his even making a circle, high above the pitch.

By the time he had caught a glimpse of the snitch, Ginny had scored nearly enough points so that if he didn’t catch the snitch within the next few minutes then they would lose the game. Thus he raced towards the snitch, which caused Charlie to begin searching around, while he started off in Harry’s direction.

Harry smirked as he intentionally blew past Ginny, catching her looking at him out of the corner of his eye, as he passed. He felt the wind of Charlie on his tail as he began reaching forward for the snitch. Somewhere in the background he heard the calls of his team. Alice even further in the back, from near the goal posts her ‘Go Harry!’ blended all together with the buzzing sound of the snitch as it’s golden wings, worked hard to get away from him. But all the sound of his team quickly came roaring back as he felt those wings stop, with the pressure applied by his hands. They won.

All around him his team made their way to the ground. Coming over in droves, Charlie first, slapping him on the back. Ginny landed down a few steps in front of him. She quickly crossed the gap between them.

“Guess you were the ones who needed luck huh Weasley?” Harry said with a grateful smile on his face. Matched with the one on Ginny’s

“Guess so, makes me miss my team” she laughed, punching Ron on the shoulder as he strode up beside her.

“Harry, that was amazing!” Alice cried as she reached him wrapping herself around him. pressing a kiss to his lips before he pulled away.

Everyone hugged in celebration as they made their way back into the Burrow. Where they all sat down for another lunch of soup and sandwiches to combat the last bit of winter chill that remained in the air. Charlie was the first to leave, he had a portkey to catch back to Romania. Once Charlie got up to leave everyone else in the room began to get ready to leave as well, thus began the hugging saying goodbye for nearly twenty minutes.

At some point as the people in the Weasley house petered out, Ginny pulled Harry aside to say goodbye, something he himself was planning to do however she managed to get to him before her.

“Hey, so. I wanted to say goodbye.” Ginny, said looking away a little before she looked him directly in the eye. Harry moved closer so they could have a little more privacy in conversation.

“I know, me too.”

“This week has been really nice.”

“It’s been the best one in a while. I’m glad we got to hang out so much. I really missed you.” Harry said.

“I know I missed you too. And this week was really really nice. I wish it didn’t have to end.”

“Neither do I. But things will be easier soon.” Harry hoped that she understood what she meant. She looked up at him once more and a small smile appeared on her face.

“Good. I hope so.”

“I will make sure to write more, then we can hang out again. You better write back.” he said with a laugh towards the end, pulling her into a hug and holding there.

Harry wasn’t sure how long they stood there, but he heard murmurings from the other room that sounded like Alice and Molly looking for the two of them. So they reluctantly pulled apart. Harry missed the feeling the second she left his arms.

They found the rest of the family almost exactly as they had left them moments before, Ron and Hermione standing half out the door still talking with Molly and Arthur until finally Ron stopped them and pulled Hermione out with a chorus of Goodbyes.

“Alright We should be on our way now, right Harry?”

“Yes unfortunately I think we should.” Harry responded.

“Oh dears, do make sure to write, especially you Harry, you know I worry greatly about you on those assignments.” Molly said as she closed in for one of her crushing hugs, that despite the occasional pain all those loved by Molly enjoyed.

Arthur stepped from beside Molly once she moved back and made to shake Harry's hand, but Harry laughed and pulled him into a hug as well.

“We’ll have to catch one of those muggle films sometime soon again.” Arthur said with a smile of excitement on his face.

“Yes! I hear one another one of those Star Wars movies you liked is coming out in a few months.”

“Hey I wanted to see that too!” Ginny said turning to them all from somewhere in between Molly and Arthur.

“Then we’ll all go see it.” Harry said as he pulled her into what was for them their second hug, but to everyone else was the first. It had barely been a few minutes but Harry loved the feeling of having her back in his arms again.

Quickly however as everyone was watching and not wanting to reveal how much (he at least and he hoped Ginny as well,) were enjoying the hug, they separated. Shouting their goodbyes, he and Alice exited the burrow and made their way to the appratation point.

“Side along or wanna go by yourself.”

“I’m tired, do you mind if we side along?”

“Of course not.” he responded automatically as Alice came and wrapped her arm through his and pulled herself in close to him. It felt so different from holding Ginny. And with that they apparated to Grimmuald place.
Reviews 30
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear