Search:

SIYE Time:11:34 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Hunter
By Gryffinclaw_31

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: All was well in the Wizarding World. When murders started occurring- seemingly at random, Auror Potter was given the job to solve it. How would he solve it with his new skills and a new life? 
Hitcount: Story Total: 20156; Chapter Total: 1088
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



There was something off; he could feel it as soon as he woke up.

"Morning," Ginny wished him through her stretch.

"Morning," Harry said, heading to the kitchen for a glass of juice.

"Will you be back in time for dinner?" she asked, now in cobra pose.

He rubbed his neck. "I'm not really sure. I might be late," he said.

Ginny sighed as she got up and took her glass.

"Alright," she said, "just be safe."

"I will," Harry said, kissing her softly before he took the Floo powder.

"See you later," he said, as he took the Floo.


If it was revenge, they had to secure Azkaban as soon as possible; patrolling had to increase; Dementors were flaky- he had to request more people there.

The Auror Office was a mess; people ran around, and shouts and orders filled the air. He frowned and tried to find a familiar face.

"Cassie!" He shouted when he saw her- hair sticking out, her usual calm persona gone.

"Harry! Get here. We need to go now." Cassandra said, shouting orders at some terrified third years.

"What's with the ruckus?" He said and had to repeat himself over the pandemonium.

"Azkaban. Proudfoot and Ron are there already," she said, throwing the 'Auror' badge at him.

"I just came and found out," she spoke something into the earpiece.

His eyes widened, that theory was right then. Catching and pinning the badge, he asked for any updates as he followed her to the Azkaban Apparition Point.

"Deaths-three," she said, "I don't know who, the others left a few minutes before you arrived, and something is happening there right now. Catch!" she said, throwing his earpiece at him, and Apparating away.

"Hello?" He said into it.

"Harry? Hurry up, mate. We are in a tight spot here," Ron said, his voice sounding cracked.

Harry swallowed hard, "Coming," and Apparated to the destination.

Cassandra was already walking towards the boat when he arrived. The dead and decaying nature around him seemed to be ominous. Keeping his wand out, he did a quick Homenum Revelio, to find just Cassandra's presence. He'd probably see more on the Island itself. The boat was on the shore; however, the boatman was absent. He stepped into it lightly. The boat moved jerkily through the water.

The fog did not ease his anticipation. It was the worst way of hindering sight.

"I was just about to reinforce the security here, the people who're doing this are trying to get revenge." He said, pulling his hair.

"Do you think they came here to break their companions away?" Cassandra said, her voice sounded muffled.

"It could be, I don't know," he felt a gnawing fear as squinted his eyes to try and make something out.

He gasped when he saw the building. The ghostly place had sparks flying everywhere; dementors were flying around, seemingly unguided.

"Expecto Patronum," he shouted, thrice in quick succession. Cassandra did the same, and a silver tiger erupted from her wand.

He produced a strong jet of water to quicken their journey. Running as fast as he could when the boat touched the shore, he tried to search for a spot of ginger.

"Ron? Where are you?" Harry said, panting and deflecting the spells around him.

"I'm here, in the building. We're sending all the prisoners to the other Prison via Portkeys. Cover!" Harry heard Ron shout and swiftly ran to the building.

His heart was in his mouth. He sent Stupefy, more times than he could count.

"Over here!" He heard a familiar voice and saw Umbridge- of the people, vanishing as Ron waved at him and called him up. He rushed through the stairs. A poorly prepared trainee seemed to assist him.

"Who's dead? Protego," Harry asked, protecting them from a large stone that fell.

"Lestrange, Silverring, Sternate," Ron grunted as the prisoner struggled against him.

"Would you shut the bloody hell up?" Ron said, clipping the Portkey handcuffs on. He did the same thing to the person in the next cell.

Harry's earpiece crackled, "We need another division, Healers, quick. All Auror trainees to the main opening. You are urgently needed." Proudfoot said.

Harry waved at the trainee who was assisting him, and she ran to the ground floor. Something peculiar caught his eye, a shadow not in scarlet robes.


"Ron, I'm going after it," Harry said, pointing it the direction, already moving towards it.

"Merlin's sake, does no one know how to work here? Where are the Anti-Apparation wards?" Cassie said, and Harry groaned.

He muttered the needed spells quickly, as Ron did the same. He ran behind the shadow. Prongs guided him through the broken, twisted staircase. A pile of stones rained down on him- he threw up a shield just in time.

"Stop!" He shouted to no avail. He felt a strong gust of wind, no doubt a spell from below smashing into him as his shoulder grazed against the stone. He kept running, but the shadow seemed to have a purpose.

"They deserved to die, Potter. Stop chasing me, and punish those who deserve it!" A voice shrieked, and it reminded Harry of the warrior and the goblins.

"What do you want? Why're you doing this?" Harry said as he panted, throwing a Stunner at the voice.

"Justice." The voice replied. The winds were pricking Harry's face, and the fog made it hard to see the speaker.

"What sort of justice do you get by murder?" He shouted, in attempts to divert the speaker, as he crept slowly towards the source.

When he heard no reply, he repeated his question. His heart was hammering; the sounds of the conflict seemed far away as a thick white curtain enveloped him.

"It's not murder." The speaker said, but there was hesitancy in it. Seeing his opening, Harry sent a silent but powerful Impedimenta.

Mentally slapping himself, he realised that the fog around him was different from what he had just left.

"Finite Incantentum." He whispered. A man dressed in all black stood not far from him.

"You're making a mistake, Potter. You're running after the wrong people," It was the laugh that chilled Harry; confident, assertive.

"What do you want, by murdering innocents?" Harry repeated, trying to recall if he had seen anything fishy on the way. He circled the un-named character.

"Innocents? Innocents, ah, Potter. I would have thought that you, of all people, would know what innocent meant. Is Lestrange innocent? Is he?" There was fury in the man's voice. And though Harry agreed with him, that did not help.

"Stop with your flimsy spells," The man dodged his carefully aimed spell with ease. Not many people could do that and in such environments.

"You dare call a Death-Eater innocent; you're just like them. You're a lost cause." The man's voice reverberated in the silence.

Harry took the support of the wall as he moved back slowly. No point in fighting until they were on flatter ground. But, were they not allied with the Death-Eaters? His brain wracked for any other explanations. Was there not a clear motive, to free their friends? And yet, this man trembled at the mere mention of them.

"You are so stupid; I expected better." The voice said, and Harry realised that his voice was distracting him.

"Stupefy!," he shouted, as he reached the bottom of the stairs; the first floor.

"Protego."

"Deprimo!"

The brilliant flash of light reminded him of another battle, where he had lost his beloved owl. The Dementors' presence was messing with his head.

"Expelliarmus." He shouted and was glad to hit the mark. But the man produced a second wand. The fight was starting to frustrate him.

"Ron, I need you here, now," Harry said in his earpiece. He shielded himself with the wall.

"Mate, I'm with Cassie, some of the prisoners have acquired fallen wands. Is there imminent danger?" Ron asked, and Harry dodged another jinx.

"No, nothing. Just don't let the prisoners escape," He said, gritting his teeth as something hit his leg. He ducked as the boulder came zooming past him. What was he doing?

He draped the Invisibility Cloak around him. His senses were starting to leave him. Walking as quietly as the wind, he closed onto the speaker who evidently looked confused. He knocked the speaker off.

"Argh," The speaker groaned before shooting spells blindly, which Harry dodged easily, albeit with searing pain in his right leg.

He tied the speaker up and pulled his cloak off his head. "You're going to come with us."

"You think you can tie me up so easily? Fool!" Harry's ropes came off as a knife glinted menacingly at him.

He resisted the urge to groan as he tried to disarm the man. But an unfortunate miss-step sent him crashing into the ground as his wand flew out of his hand. His head hit a rock, sending shock waves through his body.

"You need to learn a lot more, Potter. Magic is not everything." The man's voice was echoing through his head. Pushing himself up, he stared at the blurry outline of the man until he came into focus.

"But for now, I have to go. Maybe if you learnt anything from my words, you could become a better person. Bye-bye!" The man jumped off the side of the building. Harry rushed to the side to see a black figure fly on a Broomstick, away from the building.

"Catch that figure, Ron, Cassie, anyone!" Harry shouted into his earpiece. A sudden rumble distracted him until he saw big pieces of rocks from the second floor raining down straight to the ground floor. Still empty-handed though he was, he could not stop the shout emitting from his mouth.

"Protego!" he shut his eyes and, perhaps for the second time ever, produced a magnificent blue shield wandlessly. He felt as if the sky was crashing upon him as his knees buckled under the pressure.

"GET OUT!" He shouted to the trainees on the ground floor. And the opponents also seemed to have enough sense to move.

His head was exploding as he felt a fire course through his body. This was worse than the Cruciatis Curse. This was hell.

"HARRY!" Ron's voice came through his earpiece.

"Is. Everyone. Out?" Harry gasped, his feet getting pushed into the ground.

"Yes, we're coming, hang in there," Ron said, and his worry was plain as day.

Ron's voice became muffled as the pressure became unbearable. He felt a sharp jerk in his gut, and the sound of something falling–distant screams. And then, the darkness welcomed him.

OoOo
Author's note: I hope you liked this chapter, it was definitely one of my better ones! The ambush was fun and tricky to write, and I wish it lived up to the expectations. Please consider reviewing, they're my only ways of knowing how you felt, and they always inspire me to work harder, and I do enjoy replying to each one. There were a few errors regarding update days, so it is every fortnight that the next chapter should be up on the twenty-third!


Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear