Search:

SIYE Time:6:12 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Hunter
By Gryffinclaw_31

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: All was well in the Wizarding World. When murders started occurring- seemingly at random, Auror Potter was given the job to solve it. How would he solve it with his new skills and a new life? 
Hitcount: Story Total: 20276; Chapter Total: 1256
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry apparated to the Burrow with his two-year-old godson. Ginny apparated behind him. He grinned, Sunday dinners were one of his favourite things in the week.

Teddy gurgled happily in Harry's hands, he smiled and pinched Teddy's button nose gently.

"Harry! Ginny!" Mrs Weasley exclaimed, hugging both of them in her loving, bone-crushing manner, and kissing Teddy's head.

"You both eat way too less. Look at you, Ginny, and Harry, I'm glad Kreacher is feeding you, but it's still less!" Mrs Weasley said, ushering them into the kitchen.

"Teddy!" George exclaimed, taking him from Harry and walking away. Teddy didn't seem to mind, though. He was too busy trying to make his hair match George's, which, incidentally, was neon green.

Harry grinned, "What's with the hair?" he shouted at George, who promptly ignored him.

"A little gift, he needed to stop pranking me every Sunday," Bill said smirking, pointing at the empty glass on the kitchen slab.

"Who would've known that he would accept a lemonade so easily," Ginny said, kissing Bill on both cheeks.

Teddy gurgled happily as he got passed around the table.

"Where's Vic?" he asked Bill, who pointed at Ginny's old room, indicating that she was sleeping.

Percy had come to the dinner with Audrey, his new girlfriend, who did seem to have a better sense of humour than Percy.

Audrey was a bright young woman, while she did appear a bit starstruck to be in the presence of so many 'war heroes', she got over it quickly enough. Harry was convinced that everyone warmed up to her.

"Alright everybody, we have a Quidditch match before we leave at night," Ron announced.

Hermione seemed to be talking to Mr Weasley about a new colleague; another Muggleborn. "He's going to help me from now on; having an extra hand will certainly reduce the workload a bit!"

Harry grinned as he wiped Teddy's curd off his mouth, winking at Andromeda when he noticed her looking over him fondly.

"Treacle Tart!" Mrs Weasley declared as the sweet aroma went around the table.

"Save it from Harry! We're not getting any if he gets to it first!" Bill exclaimed, leading to a fresh wave of laughter; Ron tried to get to it first.

"Oh, hush, Bill! He barely eats anything, Harry dear I'll pack some for you to take home." Mrs Weasley said as she set the dessert in the centre of the table, waving her wand to serve everyone equal sizes.

"Mmm. Mrs Weasley, you make the best Treacle Tarts in the whole world." Harry said as he took a bite of his favourite dessert, helping Teddy take his own.

"Tis is yummy," Teddy said, nodding wisely.

Harry felt his heart swell as he looked around the table; all the people he loved surrounded him.

"Alright?" Ginny asked, leaning towards him. He was going to say 'yes' when he noticed that Ginny had taken a bite of his tart; he narrowed his eyes. She just laughed and pinched his nose, "You're cute when you act childish."

He rolled his eyes and took his second serving, sticking his tongue out at Ginny.

OoOo

The Quidditch match was full of fun and laughter, and some not so nice words, he lifted the Snitch higher for everyone to see- leading to loud cheers from his team, and a chorus of 'boos' from Ginny's team.

He chuckled at Ginny's pout as they landed.

"Hawwy!" Teddy said, running towards him as fast as his tiny feet could, his ruffled hair from sleep resembled Harry's messy mop. He opened his arms to allow Teddy to jump into them.

"HARRY!" George shouted at the top of his lungs. An escaped Bludger was heading towards Teddy at full speed.

He ran as fast as he could, heart hammering in his chest, reaching just in time to shield Teddy with his own body, Protego , but the predicted impact did not come.

"Hawwyy," Teddy's voice came a second later, muffled by Harry's clothes, he gently lowered him to the ground again.

Peeking an eye open and looked behind; the Bludger was in George's hands now, a transparent blue shield stood in front of him. He felt light-headed suddenly, the shield flickered before disappearing, he lowered himself to the ground. Ginny was by his side in an instant.

"Harry?" she asked, concerned. She tried smoothing his hair, previous annoyance at losing forgotten.

"I'm fine." He said, shaking his head and exhaling deeply.

He beamed, "That was wandless magic! I've never been able to do that before."

"Harry Potter! You gave me a heart attack. I've not run this fast since I was seventeen!" Hermione said in between of deep breaths, as she walked towards him after checking Teddy.

"You alright mate?" Ron asked, pulling him to his feet.

"Yeah, just got a bit dizzy for a second," he said, brushing grass off his trousers.

"Of course you did, You just performed a potent spell, wandlessly!" Hermione exclaimed, torn between wanting to look angry at his recklessness, or proud.

"I'm fine, really," he reassured as the rest made their way, a chained Quidditch case in their hands.

"We need new Bludgers," George said, looking with uncommon concern at Harry and Teddy, who had conveniently hidden his face in the crook of Hermione's neck.

"Yes, we do," Bill said, wiping sweat off his brow, taking Teddy from Hermione and soothing him.

"Good quick thinking there, Harry." Bill patted Harry's back before walking towards the Burrow as he bounced Teddy, eliciting shrieks of laughter.

"Was that all really wandless magic?" Ron asked Hermione as he saw Harry's retreating back; Ginny looked over curiously.

Hermione smiled, "Yes, but it was more of an accidental magic event; mixed with wandless. But he doesn't need to know that."

The rest of the day was much smoother.

OoOo

"Sebastian, you are monitoring the Malfoys." Harry said as he wrote a capital 'D' from Malfoy.

"Cassie?"

"At the Greengrass'," she replied.

"Rodolphus didn't know anything about the IDE; we must conclude that it's a brand new scheme." Harry addressed everyone as they took their seats.

"Well, that's brilliant, we have to work with our hypothesis then," Proudfoot said as he dropped into his chair.

"We've assigned all prospective targets a monitor," Harry said, scratching his cheek.

"I've questioned a few Snatchers, either they are clueless, or they're pretending to be clueless, not helpful in either case," Cassie said, examining her nails.

"Well. Use force then." Emily said.

"Nothing at all?" Harry gripped the table tightly, leaning forward. Cassie looked at him and shook her head.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Okay, maybe we can go together again."

"We can't do anything other than protect the people that we know," Proudfoot said.

"Yes, but- we're Aurors, we can't just wait for something else to happen," Sebastian said.

"We know who we are, kid, but we need to find evidence to stop it, and we are getting a lead, patience is the best policy here." Emily said, pursing her lips.

"We'll meet again on Sunday," Harry said, not wanting to display his annoyance.

He left before anyone had the chance of saying anything.

OoOoOo

Author's note: This chapter is short, so I will, be posting next week as well, and stick with me a little longer! Action is about to start! Do review to let me know how you feel. They're my only way of knowing whether you liked it or not and of motivating me!
Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear