Search:

SIYE Time:6:49 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Secrets In-Between Them
By Ravenpuff

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 46
Summary: Shortly after the Battle of Hogwarts Harry leaves Ginny again to finish off the last of Voldemort's regime. Ginny moves on with her life with a secret. After a chance encounter reunites them they're forced together again. Can they find a new path forward?
Hitcount: Story Total: 114490; Chapter Total: 6180
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Ongoing thanks to Arnel for being such a wonderful beta reader :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


It was dark outside when Ginny regained consciousness. Her head was spinning and she tried to find her bearings. She remembered only flashes of the last several hours. She remembered standing outside the Ministry, the world going dark, she remembered the boy standing over her, and the voice inside her head telling her to get up and go with him. The Imperius Curse didn’t last long, and when Ginny began to snap out of it he Stunned her again. That was the last thing she remembered. Ginny’s head was pounding. She felt dizzy and nauseous.


Slowly she opened her eyes. She was in a parlor on the floor. A sofa and arm chair surrounded her. Her hands and feet were bound, but there was nothing gagging her or preventing her from speaking. She could make out the shoes of someone sitting nearby. She let out an involuntary groan. The boy got up and stood over her. “Well, good morning Sleeping Beauty,” he said in a sinister tone.


“I remember you,” Ginny replied.


“Do you now?’ the boy taunted, “And what do you remember about me?”


He was still bending over her, twirling his wand in his hand. Ginny could see her own wand tucked inside his pocket. “Your mum and dad,” Ginny responded. “I remember trying them. They’re in Azkaban now.”


The man kicked Ginny in the ribs and she let out a yelp of pain. “They are thanks to you. Got ten and twenty years, didn’t they? Spent every last sickle we had trying to defend themselves.”


Ginny remembered only pieces of his parent’s case. They had joined with Voldemort’s cause during the second war, but they weren’t especially powerful or important. She thought the boy must have been young when his parents started up with him. Ginny noticed that whatever curse he’d used to bind her hands was weak. The knots felt loose and she wondered if he was distracted long enough if she could wiggle out of them, “You’ve been following me,” she stated.


“Been following you for a long time. Been steaking you out at the Ministry. Got lucky when I saw you in Diagon Alley.” His face twisted into a creepy grin. “That’s when I found out ‘bout your little boy.”


James. He knew about James. “I’m sorry,” she pleaded. She needed to keep him talking.


“Oh, you’re sorry, are you? You ruin my life, ruin my brother’s life, and now you’re all tied up and you’re sorry?” He was growing agitated, pacing around the room. “Do you have any idea what my life was like because of you? My family became pariahs. Nobody wanted to be associated with us in case your lot found out. Thought they might be guilty by association. I barely made it through Hogwarts.”


Ginny was close. The knots were getting looser. It was easier to move her hands. “I’ll do anything you want. Just let me go.”


“Anything? You’ll do anything I want? I’ll tell you what I want.” He leaned over her again. His face was sinister. “I want to kill you. And when I’m done I’m going to kill your son and everyone else you care about.”


The boy’s threats to James sent a primal rage through Ginny. In an instant, she pulled her hands out of the remainder of her binding and propelled herself head first into the boy’s stomach as hard as she could. He fell to the ground winded. She grabbed his wand from his hands. “Accio wand!” She caught her own and severed the restraints on her legs. Everything around her faded away as she focused solely on the boy in front of her. He lay at her feet, the sinister look in his eye had changed instantly to fear.


“Don’t you dare threaten my son,” she roared. She raised her arm into the air, ready to attack, when she felt a hand on her wrist, pulling her wand back down.


“Ginny, no!” It was Harry’s voice.


“Let go of me, Harry! Let go of my wand!” Ginny yelled.


“Ginny, he’s down. He doesn’t have his wand. It’s over.” Harry didn’t disarm her, but he kept his hand on her wrist.


“Get out of my way, Harry!” She screamed, trying to pull her wrist out of Harry’s hand.


“Ginny,” Harry implored, “look at him. He’s only seventeen.”


Ginny didn’t care. “He threatened our son!” She was ready to lunge on the boy and attack him with her fists if she had to.


“Ginny,” Harry’s hands were around her waist, pulling her back into his chest. He whispered into her ear, “Ginny, once you go down this road it’s not so easy to come back.”


Harry’s words softened her. She composed herself. Harry nodded towards two Aurors Ginny had only just noticed.


“Stupify!” one of them yelled and the boy was knocked out.


“Jones, get another crew out here to sweep for evidence,” Harry ordered. “Smith, get that kid to the Ministry for processing. Ginny, I’m getting you out of here.”


Tears began to fill Ginny’s eyes. Harry turned her around and looked at her face. “You were brilliant. I saw everything, you were so brave.”


“Harry,” Ginny choked back her tears, “where’s James? Is James alright?”


“He’s with your parents at Neville’s. Come on, I’m taking you home.”





It was nine o’ clock at night when Ginny finally arrived back at The Burrow. She didn’t realize she’d been kidnapped for nearly nine hours. “Where are James and my mum and dad?” she asked Harry.


“I just sent a Patronus, they should be back any minute. Sit down.” He pushed her down on a chair at the kitchen table. He took the one next to her. She was shaking.


“Harry, I know that boy. He’s the one who’s been following me, I -“Ginny fought to hold back her tears.


“Andrew McMillin. You prosecuted his parents. I know.” Harry put his arm around Ginny’s shoulders.


“Harry, I’m sorry, I should have been more careful,” Ginny was trying to breath, trying to calm herself down. She focused on Harry’s arm around her shoulders; she tried to let his touch ground her. “If you hadn’t come I don’t know what I would have done.”


Harry took her face between his hands. “You are the strongest, most courageous, most beautiful woman I’ve ever known, Ginny.” He kissed her. Tears of relief, and shock and fear fell down her face.


“Mummy!” The kitchen door open and James ran inside. Immediately, Ginny pulled away wiped her eyes.


“James!” She ran to him and scooped him into a hug. She held him as tightly as she could to her chest, wishing she never had to let him go.


James looked as if he’d been sobbing for hours. “Mummy, where were you? Grandmum said you were missing. I wanted to wait in case you came back, but she made me go to Uncle Neville’s!”


“It’s ok, honey, I was just a little lost. I’m fine now.” Tears began to fall again and she couldn’t hold them back.


“Don’t cry, Mummy,” James raised his hand and clumsily wiped the tears from Ginny’s eyes.


Harry approached the pair. “James, why don’t we let Mummy go upstairs and change. We can go sit in the parlor and you can tell me everything about Uncle Neville. I haven’t seen him in a long time, you know?”


James smiled to see Harry again. “You know Uncle Neville?”


“Do I?” Harry took the small child into his own arms. “I once watched Uncle Neville kill a snake.”


“You did! Tell me!” James squealed.


Ginny shot Harry a look of thanks as she slipped upstairs and into the bathroom. There, away from Harry and their son she allowed herself to break down. She cried for the events of the day and the loss of safety she felt. She cried for her son and the terror that had coursed through her when he was threatened. And a small part of her cried for that seventeen-year-old boy who was a child himself when his mother left him to follow her dark path.


After Ginny composed herself she changed into fresh pajamas and her dressing gown and went downstairs. She found James in Harry’s lap on the sofa talking animatedly about the many special plants Neville had shown him. Ginny curled up next to Harry and laid her head on his chest. Harry moved an arm away from James and wrapped it around Ginny.


James looked confused. “Harry, do you love Mummy?” Ginny looked up, unsure how he would answer.


“James,” he said, “I’ve loved your mummy since I was sixteen.”


James thought a moment. “Do you love me?”


Harry used the arm wrapped around James to pull him as close as he could. “I love you more than anything in the world.”


James gave a small smile. Ginny realized her son was far more perceptive than she gave him credit for. “Mummy, I want to sleep with you tonight.”


Harry carried James up to Ginny’s bedroom and laid him in the center of the bed. Ginny gingerly pulled off his clothes and slid in next to him. Harry knelt beside her and kissed her forehead. “I should get going,” he whispered.


He stood up to leave but Ginny caught him by the arm. “Stay,” she whispered back.


Harry studied her for a moment and then removed his trousers and shirt. He slid in next to James and held Ginny’s hand over his head. James’ legs and arms shot out as he took up far more space in the bed than someone that small should need. Together, entangled in bed as one family, the three of them fell asleep.

Reviews 46
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear