Search:

SIYE Time:7:13 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dreaming a Life
By GryffindorHealer

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 56
Summary: The last thing Ginny Potter heard before the Bludger hit her was ‘Harry! Al!’ Then she woke up in St. Mungo’s, and no one knew who Harry, James, Al, Lily, or Teddy were that she kept asking for. What the hell was happening?
Hitcount: Story Total: 17283; Chapter Total: 1785
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Friday 5 July, 2002

 

Steady, gentle shrooshiss of waves on the shore flowed through the open window, tickling GInny’s ears and coaxing her into wakefulness. She stretched her arms over her head and arched her back, breasts pushing against the soft linens, lips curling to a gentle smile. Home , she thought, and rolled onto her side reaching out to snuggle against Harry. Her eyes flew wide at the touch of cold, empty sheets. Only one window, not three let in pre-dawn dusklight, illuminating rosette wallpaper and not the panelled bleached birch walls of her bedroom. Where are you Harry?! Her eyes flicked about the small room nearly filled with the double bed, his clothing absent. Where was she?

At the gentle knock knock knock at the door her hand slid under the pillow, grasping her yew and unicorn hair wand. At least she had her wand. ‘Ginny?’ Fleur’s muffled voice brought focus. Shell Cottage. Not Harry. She bit back the sudden sob at the empty, aching sensations that amplified the need to find him, rejoin her own family. Not quick enough as the door flew open admitting Fleur. With a single look, the older witch sat on the bed and gathered the younger into a tight hug, Ginny’s face pressed to her shoulder.

Thoughts flicked in and out of her awareness, a weight pressing in on her. Deftly fending off Molly’s mothering the previous day between reading Skeeter’s discordant, blistering prose describing the odd differences between her War and theirs. Waking from the surprise nap which, apparently, this Bludger and fall abused body she inhabited insisted upon, a sense of losing precious time to discover how to get back to when she belonged, or where she should go here and now. The constant pull of Harry’s absence tugged her to the edge of a dark precipice, the edge of a shouting void: Teddy. James. Al. Lily. Her head spun, shoulders shaking. She surrendered to the arms  pulling her back.

Non, non, tout va bien. Je suis là. Tu es là, ’ Fleur said, one hand supporting GInny’s head against the silk shoulder of her dressing gown, the other stroking Ginny’s bare shoulders. Fleur began rocking gently, ignoring the growing wetness from Ginny’s tears. Ginny wrapped her own arms around her sister-in-law, the warm embrace easing away the empty aching. Gradually she quieted her breathing, finding her center. With growing confidence she pushed herself back, Fleur’s arms relaxing yet still around her, a smooth un-calloused palm on her neck, another between her shoulder blades.

‘I’m sorry,’ Ginny said, wiping the last bit of moisture from her cheeks. ‘I don’t usually let myself cry…’ Fleur’s glowing blue eyes stopped her apology. Her sister-in-law shone, cheekbones accentuated by the slight curve of lips in a small smile. Ginny’s eyes followed as Fleur’s gaze slid down, over her own freckles scattered across her chest and the cream colored tops of her breasts. Followed unable to pause at the pale areolas and soft nipples not yet darkened and firmed by her pregnancies and nursing three babies, and now stiffening at the stroke of blue eyes. Across her freckled abdomen to the red-gold curls between her thighs. Her face grew hot.

Ginny reached to pull up the sheets, only to be stopped by the sight of taught skin across Fleur’s full abdomen in the gap between lapels of her pale blue silk gown, pulled open by Ginny’s movements as Fleur held her and she cried. Her belly rippled as the baby within rolled, calling to Ginny. She rested her palm lightly on warm, smooth skin. A smile blossoming on her face at movement underneath, the touch of life.

With a sudden realization when Fleur’s hand rested on hers, she gasped. ‘I’m sorry, I should have asked first before touching you. That  always bothered me when I was pregnant, people thinking they could touch me there.’

Non, non ,’ Fleur replied, voice husky. Ginny’s eyes trailed up, pausing at the swell of breasts, the darkening brown curve of areolas peeking out from under the edges of the lapels. With a start, Ginny brought her gaze back to flaming blue eyes, Fleur leaned closer to Ginny, nostrils flaring to take in GInny’s scent, as her lips parted slightly, drawing her, begging to be kissed. Ginny bit her lower lip, fighting the urge to do so, the intensity of feminine presence around her drowning her resistance.

Tu dors nue ,’ Fleur said. Ginny shivered slightly at the husky voice, and took in a slow, deep breath, lifting her hand away from Fleur. Deep inside herself she heard a wail at the loss of contact. She closed her eyes letting the air out slowly.

‘Yes. I mean, not always. Last night I missed Harry so much. I needed to feel closer to him. When we’re apart, it’s always been a release, picturing him as I ...  I’m sorry, Fleur, I didn’t mean…’

Non. Je suis désolé .’ Ginny met Fleur’s gaze again, relief washing over her that the intense glow she’d just experienced dimmed. ‘It is the bébé . Usually I am much better at keeping my Veela, what is the phrase, “on a leash?” But, catching your scent, feeling your radiance, and even though Bill and I spent quite a pleasant morning…’ Fleur laughed at the sudden change in Ginny’s expression, the unspoken too much information . Then Ginny sobered, shaking her head slightly.

‘It’s good to know, that you two love each other as much as the two I know,’ she said, budging back and sitting against the headboard. Fleur shifted onto the bed further, her gown opening more. Ginny unabashedly took in the darkening areolas, nipples firming up in preparation for a baby’s suckling, and the triangle of close-cropped blonde hairs below her baby bump between lithe legs. She inhaled sharply at the unexpected stirring within her.

Fleur’s eyebrow arched. ‘Oh, tu aimes les hommes et les femmes ?’ The heat in Ginny’s cheeks flared, and her chest grew warm as well. Fleur’s calm face regarded her in return, a warm smile accentuating light laugh creases at the corners of those captivating blue eyes.

‘You know this? Just looking at me?’ Ginny’s voice came out husky now.

Fleur laughed, a cool brook dancing across small stones and pressed a soft palm against Ginny’s cheek. ‘It is the Veela.’ Her hand waved, elegant fingers curling slightly as if cupping something round, soft. ‘We see the flush, we hear the heartbeat, the musky scent caresses our nose. On ne peut pas cacher l'amour à un Veela .’ Her blue eyes caught and locked in an embrace with Ginny’s.

‘But you’re my sister-in-law. I’ve never felt this about you before.’

Fleur shrugged. ‘As I say, the bébé she teases my Veela. Keeping her quiet while at hospital is very tiring.’ Her head tilted nonchalantly, lips curving into a gentle, soft smile. ‘Your ‘Arry knows?’ Ginny nodded, her face growing warmer again, lips smirking. ‘And ‘e accepts this in you, cherishes you the more, oui .’

GInny’s lips parted, eyes round at the comment. ‘He told me,’ and stopped, gathering the memories. ‘I felt so scared, it was a rough spot in our relationship because our work separated us for months. I certainly hadn’t been looking for anyone else because of my commitment to Harry. But then Luna visited me. Luna is, well, we both love her, she loves us. When he first found out, he didn’t know it was Luna, and he just looked at me, his eyes empty. Then he left. Later, when we did see each other again, he stopped me explaining and said “You’re not me. I want you to be you.” Then I told him who. He kissed me. “Always room for Luna,” he said. I told him I chose him, I wouldn’t do that to him ever again. “There’s always room,” he said.’

‘Love as you will, ma sœur . William and I do, that is 'ow this bébé came to be. That is ‘ow you will be reunited, because you love as you do, as you will.’ Her blue eyes flashed, grin becoming wicked. ‘Your brothers Fred and George certainly do as well.’

Ginny’s eyes grew large. ‘Fred and George?’

‘Angelina and Katie, oui . un quatuor à coup sûr.

Ginny shook her head slowly, her lips curling up wickedly. A surge of joy bubbled up from her center, that had indeed truly been Fred that night at the hospital. Alive, and happy, together with his twin and their ladies. A sudden thought dimmed her happiness slightly.

‘Fleur, you said yesterday you witnessed a sibling dying.’ 

Fleur nodded. 

‘Gabrielle?’

< p>‘Oui ,’ Fleur said, then followed with a very Gallic shrug. ‘I became a Guérisseuse , a ‘ealer because of this. If I can spare even one family, it is worth doing.’ Their eyes met again, as a window opening to Ginny. ‘It is why I felt drawn to you, to my Bill’s sister. You aren’t Gabrielle, yet you fill some of the 'ole her absence created. We are sisters, Ginny. And now, since you let me into your thoughts, I know that despite this young body you inhabit, you felt your breasts fill with milk, your belly grow large with life. Your ‘Arry and you three times, many more of course, but  three times you joined together in love and passion to make bébés . You are beautiful now. I am sure you were gorgeous when enceinte , as I am sure this younger Ginny will be some day as well.’

Ginny shook her head, still unwilling to break eye contact. ‘I was never as beautiful as you, Fleur. I think that’s one reason why I was less than kind when we first met.’ Fleur answered with a Gallic shrug and an impish grin. ‘No, I’m serious. Particularly later in my pregnancies. I felt, so, big, just-’

‘Comme une baleine échouée .’ Ginny’s face creased in confusion.

‘I don’t follow that,’ she said. 'What French I speak I picked up from listening to you, and when the Harpies were on tour.'

Fleur’s grin grew larger. ‘Like a floundering whale.’ 

Ginny laughed, nodding. ‘Exactly.’

Fleur released Ginny from her arms and stood, tightening the  blue silk gown around her. Ginny reached for the dressing gown Fleur lent her at the foot of the bed. ‘Come downstairs when you are ready, tea is already on and Bill is again cooking breakfast.’

Ginny arms slid smoothly through silk sleeves, the soft fabric caressing her back as she pulled the gown around herself. Does she own anything not made of silk , she wondered idly, then laughed internally at herself. This Fleur, like the one she knew so long, certainly indulged herself when in private. But the rest of her clothing, while undoubtedly elegant, would be practical. She turned to the door where Fleur waited for her, watching unabashedly while Ginny crossed the fronts of the gown and tied the sash.

‘You feel better, non ? After thinking about your ‘Arry while pleasuring yourself last night, then sharing this with your sister?’

Ginny stepped to the older witch, nodding her head  then pulling her into a gentle hug.

Fleur pulled her head back, gently kissing both Ginny’s cheeks. ‘Bien . Then let us go downstairs.’

Bill looked up while plating pancakes as they entered the kitchen. ‘You’re timing is perfect. Though I was wondering if I’d need to send up a patronus.’ Fleur’s laugh flew about the room as Bill levitated the plates to the table, already set with tea and pumpkin juice. She kissed him lightly on his lips and ear.

‘You would not dare interrupt our sisterly bonding,’ she whispered, and Ginny laughed as his face flushed. ‘Mais je savais que tu nous attendais .’ He held her chair as she sat. Ginny didn’t wait, and reached for the butter and sugar dishes as she sat.

‘What is your plan today, Ginny?’ She finished her mouthful before answering. Initially rushing, she slowed her chewing down at the glimpse of impatience in Bill’s eyes.

‘I need to go look in a couple places, the public records in the Ministry and the offices of the Prophet. You’re right, Skeeter’s book is helpful on the overall scenario, but I don’t believe a bit of her speculations.’

‘Did you find anything I might have missed in Obscure Curses ?’ He told both of them yesterday, after Molly returned to the Burrow, that he didn’t uncover anything in his own readings. He did send inquiries to a couple associates that worked with some of the more esoteric aspects of his field. Ginny shook her head in response when he looked up. ‘So as to this being a curse of some sort, we’re still not sure.’ He looked up when she didn’t respond. He inhaled sharply at her sudden paleness, reached out and rested a hand on her forearm. ‘We’re going to figure this out, Ginny.’

She nodded, squeezing his hand before taking another bite. She concentrated on the tang of buttermilk, zing of sweet, earthy wheat as she chewed to regain her composure. ‘I need to get back, Bill. Whatever that means, if the Ginny you know returns or not, I’m sorry but I don’t want to resist this pull .’

‘But what if you can’t, Ginny. What’s your Plan B?’ Looking into his serious face, corners of his eyes creased, brow knit, the sudden memory of asking Harry that same question flooded her. She laughed at the incongruity, sobered when he frowned deeper. ‘Sorry. It’s just, I asked Harry that, about his work, the day we got engaged.’

‘That’s all right. What, uh, what does Harry do? Your Harry.’

Ginny sat straighter, unconscious that she did so, pride in Harry’s accomplishment. ‘He’s an Auror. The Head Auror, actually.’

Bill tilted his head, thinking. ‘Sort of young for that, isn’t he? How old are you?’

She glanced quickly between Bill and Fleur, suspecting her own face reflected theirs at the awkwardness, discussing multiple time tracks. ‘I’m 29. Just like here, or now, Harry’s a year older than me. And he received his promotion three years ago. In fact…’ She glanced at Fleur, who’s blue eyes flashed back at the mischief in Ginny’s. ‘In fact, his promotion is responsible for our daughter Lily. We, um, we forgot to do something that evening, continuing our celebration after a good bit of wine with dinner.’

Bill set his pumpkin juice down suddenly, coughing. Clearing his throat, he nodded. ‘You got me on that. I’m still adjusting to my baby sister claiming a husband, much less being a mother of three.’ He glared at Fleur, the smile belying any anger. ‘You could have warned me.’

Fleur’s nose rose with a haughty lift, and she smiled at Ginny. ‘We witches understand loving much more easily than wizards do,’ she scoffed. ‘Usually,’ she added at his hurt look.

He turned back to Ginny. ‘Back to my question, though. What will you do if we can’t find a way back for you, if you’re stuck here, now?’

Ginny closed her eyes, relaxing, stilling her breathing. Yes, she still felt that pull . Harry, somewhere, some when, hanging on with her children, anchoring her place in the world. But Bill was also right. She’d been right, when she’d asked Harry about his Plan B. Life happened while people made plans, the world didn’t care about those plans, it cast slings and arrows willy-nilly. She might not be able to get back to her time, her place. If this isn’t a dream and will all be over when I wake, she thought. But I’ve slept, here, last night. You don’t sleep in your dreams .

‘That’s part of my plans for today,’ she said. ‘I need to follow some leads from what I read in Skeeter’s book. There’s hints in it, things you don’t know. There are people mentioned that died in my time, but there are a lot more that share … both times. So I need to follow up on those leads.’

‘What leads?’ She turned to Bill, shook her head.

‘Nothing really big. Look up some public records on ownership of properties, look through old issues of the Daily Prophet . Then I need to go into Muggle London, possibly some other places, to look for some other information. You confirmed, Harry is alive here, now. Skeeter’s book says he simply disappeared from the Wizarding world when his parents were killed. She hints at a few things, but she doesn’t know, and none of her hints match what I know. In my place, my time, Harry was sent to live with his aunt’s family, his mother’s sister. That’s one thing I want to follow up.’

Bill considered her, his thoughts mulling rather visibly across his face. ‘All right. How good are you at glamors? Our whole family is fairly recognizable from the War. You even more so, from Quidditch. You might not want to be interrupted too much.’

‘Pretty good actually. Used them a lot during my sixth year at Hogwarts.’ She sighed softly at the chill that comment brought into the room. ‘Anyway, I’ll head out after breakfast. Where’s a good safe apparition point?’

Bill nodded. ‘You can side-along with me if you want, into Gringotts. Might be helpful to get a bit of money from your account. And I don’t expect any problems, since no one else knows you’re not exactly who they expect.’ Ginny nodded, and returned to her breakfast with a will. It was going to be a long morning.

Reviews 56
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear