Search:

SIYE Time:12:37 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Lion a Witch and a Wardrobe
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: Lily Luna Potter did not expect to find that in her godmother's wardrobe
Hitcount: Story Total: 1612



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Little Lily Luna Potter played happily upstairs in her godmother's attic. She and her mummy had been invited for lunch, just her, not her silly brothers, Jamie and Al, just her and mummy.

Lily looked out the window; she could see her mummy flying a broom around the yard with Lorcan sitting in front of her and Lysander behind her. Her mummy was their godmother, just like Luna was her godmother.

They had finished lunch when the boys had begged her mummy to take them flying and she had laughingly agreed. Lily had declined to go too, after all she could fly with her mummy anyday, and she would like to visit with Luna.

Lily didn't get to see her godmother often, as she and her family travelled the world looking for rare creatures, but when she did, she always had the best fun. Luna allowed her to dress up in fancy robes that she brought home for her and kept in the attic. She had a lovely satiny robe from Japan and a colourful one from Africa.

“Go on up, sweet Lily, I shall set the dishes to wash and store the food away then come join you,”offered Luna. “I brought you some lovely new robes from Australia and New Zealand.”

Lily knew her brothers would tease her terribly if they saw her acting all 'girly' but she really enjoyed these times with Luna and her mummy. They called it 'girl time'; Lily had heard her older cousins say the same thing, where they painted their nails and played with make-up.

So Lily had gone up the stairs, all the way to the attic and finished looking out the window. She stepped back, looking around at the extra trunks that were here now that the family were home for awhile.

She opened a trunk or two but found nothing but books, school robes and parchment. She found a necklace of corks and put it over her head as she opened a large wardrobe. She was very unprepared for what she found, quickly screaming, slamming the door shut and running out of the attic, back downstairs.

She ran into her godmother, straight into her arms.

“Lily darling, what is it?” asked Luna, in alarm.

From down below, they heard the front door slam and Ginny's voice call out.

“Lily? Are you all right, I thought I heard a scream? Luna?”

“Up here, Ginny. Something has frightened little Lily,” called Luna, gently guiding the girl back downstairs.

“Lily, are you okay?” asked Lorcan and Lysander worriedly, half scared themselves.

Lily nodded, still clinging to Luna's side till her mummy came over and crouched down to her level.

“Lily honey, what scared you?” asked Ginny.

“There was a lion in the wardrobe, looking like he was gonna eat me,” blurted out Lily, tearily. She lunged at her mother, her little arms going around her neck.

“A lion? Oh!” Ginny had looked confusedly at Luna before understanding broke through.

“Mum, is there really a lion in the wardrobe?” asked Lorcan worriedly, the more reserved of the twins.

“Is it from Narnia?” asked Lysander, excitedly. “can we go to Narnia, Mum, we haven't been there yet.”

Lily turned to look at her friends. She wiped her teary eyes.

“I want to go to Narnia too,” she insisted, hating to be left out of things. “Please Luna?”

“While I suspect it would be lovely to visit Narnia, I'm afraid my wardrobe in the attic is just that, a wardrobe. However, there is indeed a lion in there. Shall we go visit?” she asked them all.

Her own sons nodded vigourously, Lily less so. She clung to her mummy's hand as they went up the stairs all the way to the top.

“I promise you Lily, it's all right, nothing bad is going to happen,” promised Ginny quietly, so the boys wouldn't hear.

This made Lily feel much better, because if mummy or daddy told her that, she knew everything would be all right.

The boys stayed back beside Ginny and Lily as Luna went to the wardrobe, opened it and reached in.

“Mum!” they cried, “you'll get bitten!”

Luna smiled and turned, and they saw she held what looked like a lion's head in her hands.

Three children gasped!

“Mum did you...you didn't scalp it, did you?” asked Lorcan in disbelief.

“Lorcan Xenophilius Scamander, I most certainly did not!” declared Luna. She lowered the lion's head and smiled. “I made it.”

“It's not real?” Lily pushed away from her mummy and walked over to Luna's side.

“Brave girl,” soothed Luna. “No, it's not real. I made it when I was at school.”

“Your godmother, your mother,” Ginny told Lily and the twins,”is extremely talented at magic. But even more so, she has a warm and caring heart. She made this for your Uncle Ron's first Quidditch match.”

“Yes, he was quite nervous till Harry slipped him that potion,” remembered Luna.

“He just pretended to,” corrected Ginny. “Your Uncle Ron was the Gryffindor keeper and he played so well that day, he defintely helped the team to victory.”

“And that's why I named him Ronald,” beamed Luna, placing the lion's hat on Lily.

“Roar for us, Lily Lion,” urged Lorcan, and Lily let out a ferocious roar, making them all laugh.

“I still wish we could go visit Narnia,” sighed Lysander.

“Where is Narnia?” asked Lily, taking the hat off and handing it back to Luna.

“You keep it, my little lion,” said Luna, shutting the wardrobe, “ and ask your Aunt Hermione about Narnia, she will show you the way.”

“Come on, Lily, it's time to go. Daddy will be home from work soon,” said Ginny, promising Luna and the twins they would see each other again soon before the Scamander family left again.

The following Sunday, Lily took the lion hat to dinner at the Burrow. She climbed onto Uncle Ron's knee and showed him her hat, asking him about that particular Quidditch match.

Never had Ron had a more enthralled audience as he described the match and every goal he had saved. Rose, James and Freddie sat at his feet, the most fanatical Quidditch fans of the cousins, and Hugo sat on his other knee.

“Wonder if Ron-Ron will mention what happened after the match?” Ginny whispered to Harry.

“Not to mention a certain flock of birds,” whispered Harry back and the two cackled together, ignoring Hermione's glowering looks at them.

Lily also remembered to ask Aunt Hermione about Narnia, and a week later, her aunt stopped by the house to give her a book, 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' by CS Lewis.

Harry and Ginny promised they'd read a chapter every night with her; Ginny intrigued by a muggle story that included magic and Harry had heard of it but never read it when he was little.

And when she was older, Lily and her grandpa Arthur would read the stories together, for by then, her aunt had gifted her the set of books.

Ronald, the lion head hat, remained with Lily throughout her years at Hogwarts and beyond, a tangible tie between her godmother and her family.



Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear