Search:

SIYE Time:3:25 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter: Alchemy
By Shamrock Holmes

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Cursed Child and beyond
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 19
Summary: After twelve years with his foster family, the time for Harry Potter to return to Britain and begin his journey towards his destiny!
Hitcount: Story Total: 7473; Chapter Total: 718





Author's Notes:
The Last Daughter of Krypton Series diverges significantly from accepted canon for the Harry Potter series from the outset, as in addition to the crossover elements, there are several deviations from the books that will be covered where they fit into the narrative. The timeline of the DC Comics elements borrows heavily from Young Justice (2011) and may adapt elements and characters from the comics and several additional other media instalments including but not limited to Smallville (2001) and at least one character from the upcoming Superman and Lois (2021) and relocates the series to the Eighties and early Nineties rather than the New Tens as screened and includes several 'legacy' and original characters as a result.

Due to features peculiar to this fic that well become evident as it progresses, some technologies and practices are more consistent with real world technologies of the 2010s.

From this chapter onwards, some of the content is adapted from both the book and movie versions of
Philosopher’s Stone.

Thanks to mystic_magic88 and other members of the Caer Azkaban group for their help on this chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



Smallville,
KS 67524.
August 15th, 1210 CDT.
Team Year Eleven.

Karen was escorting Pa Kent down the stairs of the church and out to the farm truck when a familiar voice caught her attention. “Karen!”
Karen broke into a smile, stepped away from Pa and folded the boy in a hug once he got within arms’ reach. “Hi, Hank. Good to see you.”
“I missed you yesterday,” Harry said. “Were you out with the Outsiders?”
Karen nodded against the top of his head. “If you’re coming to the farm for lunch, I’ll tell you about it later?”
Harry smiled, then broke away at his foster mother’s call, hurried over to their sedan and got in.
“I reckon you’re gonna miss that boy come September,” observed Jonathan as they made their way to his own truck.
“And you aren’t, Pa?” countered Karen as she opened the passenger door and helped him inside.
“That’s true,” Jonathan agreed. “I’m gonna miss the kid too. Do you think he’ll be okay?”
“I think so,” said Karen, as she slipped into the driver’s seat. “Hagrid and Hooch are both there if he needs someone to go to for advice… and it’s not like it’s the first time he’s been away from family.”
Jonathan chuckled, “Yeah, and look how those usually turn out.”
“To be fair, that’s usually not the kids’ fault, Pa,” pointed out Karen. “And if it is… Mike or Anissa are as likely to be responsible as he is.”
“That’s not exactly reassuring.”
“Yeah,” Karen agreed after a moment’s thought. “Maybe not.”

****
Kent Farm,
Smallville, Kansas.
1520 CDT.

“So are you going to tell me now?” asked Harry as he and Karen settled in at one of her favourite sunbathing spots with drinks and plates of peach cobbler. “Please?”
Karen grinned. “I was helping Pa get dinner ready on Friday when I got a call from the Bunker asking me to come in for a mission briefing…”

****
The Bunker,
Detroit,
August 13, 1830 EDT.
Team Year Eleven.

Recognis ed Sunstone B40,” declared the Computer as I exited the Zeta Tube into the Outsiders’ Midwest site.
The base’s ‘caretaker’, STAR Labs scientist Dr Paula Holt — sometimes known as Miss Terrific for her "a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes" — was waiting for my, as were local heroes Victor Stone, Cindy Reynolds and Cisco Ramone and the Los Angeles-based hero Tara Markov.
I crossed the meeting area to stand between Cindy and Tara. “Hi girls.”
“Hi Kara,” replied Cindy.
“Hi,” offered Tara.
“Do you know what’s up?”
Cindy shook her head. “I think we’re waiting for some information from Oracle.”
Tara nodded. “Paula’s not talking, I think she’s waiting for the others to turn up too.”
“That makes sense,” I agreed. “Do we know who’s coming?”
“I’m not sure,” admitted the Romani girl.
Tara shrugged.
Recognised Green Arrow B50,” declared the Computer as another hero arrived.
Connor had just settled in next to the Detroiters when the Zeta Tube spun up again and the Computer announced. “
Recognised Shifter B48, Downpour B49.
Once the two albinos were settled in, Paula called them to attention. “Thank you for coming… Two days ago, Overwatch was contacted by King Faraday of Interpol for assistance in a repatriation of one of his agents back into the United States. I forwarded the request to us.”
“Don’t Interpol have their own people for that?” asked Connor.
Paula didn’t answer immediately, presumably the answer was complicated. “They do, Connor. But Faraday was concerned that the agent’s target might have compromised those systems…”
Given that we’re here, that probably a good guess… I thought.
“Artemis and the Team were dispatched to Freeland to provide over-watch,” continued Paula. “Unfortunately, it appears Faraday’s concerns were justified, and the agent was shot dead by an assassin.”
“Was it the League?” asked Tara.
“We’re not sure,” admitted Paula. “He wasn’t in costume, and he died while trying to escape. I’m expecting an update from Artemis any time now.”
As if on cue, the monitor bank beeped a signal and flared into life, projecting the image of the Team’s leader, Artemis Crock, also known as Tigress.
“Tigress, good to see you,” said Paula, a greeting that was echoed by the rest . “Do you have any news for us?”
Not as much as I would like,” replied Artemis. “We’ve located some of the papers that Agent Trench was bringing back to the US. Arsenal is copying them to Oracle right now, but it looks like he was trailing word of a new player, going by either Ydra or the Oi Polloí Epikefalís tou Enklímatos.”
“That sounds Greek?”
I thought so too, Sunstone,” agreed Artemis. “But I don’t speak it. I’m sure Oracle will be able to confirm.
At that moment, the monitor bank beeped a second signal and the picture split into two halves, revealing Oracle on the other half.
“Oracle, good to see you,” said Paula. “Have you found anything?”
Well, Tigress was right about the group’s name,” replied the redhead. “It is Greek, it translates roughly to ‘the many heads of crime’ which I assume is a reference to…
“The Hydra of Greek Mythology,” I finished.
That’s right, Sunstone,” agreed Oracle. “I’ve also managed to decode several locations that should be investigated.”
I’d like to stay in Freeland and continue the investigation from this end,” said Artemis. “How many locations do we have?”
Five,” replied Oracle. “There are three confirmed Ydra locations in Europe and two locations in Asia which I want to look into.
Artemis paused, she appeared to be scanning the line-up at our end. “
Let’s split up into another two squads to spread the load out.
For the Asian sites, I suggest that Cyborg, Green Arrow, Nomad and Vibe form Delta Squad,” Oracle offered. “They’re better suited to transporting themselves if needed.”
Agreed,” said Artemis. “Cyborg, you have Delta.
“You got it,” said Victor and lead his squad towards the Zeta Tube, which began to spin up at their approach.
Recognised Cyborg B35, Vibe B43, Nomad B47, Green Arrow B50,” declared the Computer as one by one they disappeared in a flash of light.
After a moment, Artemis spoke again, “
Terra, you’ve got Eta Squad.”
“Are you sure I’m ready, Tigress?” asked Tara.
You were born ready, Terra,” the veteran archer assured her. “Your training over the last two years has only made you better. It’s time.
“All right, I’ll do it,” agreed the Markovian exile, then she turned back to me and the twins. “Let’s go.”
We agreed and followed her into the Zeta Tube, disappearing seconds later in a series of blue-white flashes.

****
Europol Headquarters,
The Hague.
August 14, 0100 CEST.

Due to the late hour, there was only a skeleton staff on site when we arrived. A uniformed Hoofdagent showed us into the bureau chief’s office.
“Have a seat, everyone,” said the chief, a stern-faced elderly man, motioning us into comfortable seats behind his desk — probably made of native Scot’s pine — and waiting for a moment for us to do so. “My name is Hans Haasen, I am the Bureau Chief for the Netherlands.”
“Terra, Outsiders,” confirmed Tara, then turned to back to us. “I also have Downpour, Shifter and Sunstone.”
Groeten, Outsiders,” replied Chief Haasen. “We are of course glad to have you.”
“Oracle said you have a lead for us?” asked Tara.
Ja,” confirmed Haasen. “It was found on a man caught in a robbery at a diamond exchange last night.”
“Is it reliable?”
“What is the American expression… ‘trust but verify’?” asked Haasen, picked up a small scrap of paper and reaching over to hand it to Tara.
“Interesting timing…” I mused.
“I did wonder about that,” admitted Haasen. “But Faraday believes that we may be a tight timescale, so…”
“We will be careful,” promised Tara. “Chief, have you had any thoughts about the ‘X’ as a clue for the location?”
“I did,” he replied. “I believe that it refers to a windmill… the sails often a form that shape.”
“That makes sense…” agreed Tara. “But the only General Sherman I’ve ever heard of was American…”
“That also confused me,” confirmed Haasen. “Perhaps it’s a riddle?”
A riddle… that would make sense… I thought, out of the corner of my eye I saw the twins exchange looks. “Have you got an idea…?”
“Half a thing, maybe,” replied Zan. “We think we’ve read about a really big tree named after the general… but we can’t remember what sort of tree it was…”
“Maybe Oracle can find out,” said Tara. “Oracle, do you copy?”
Go ahead, Terra.
“Can you do a records search for trees named an American general called Sherman?” Tara asked. “We think it might be a clue to the Dutch
Ydra hideout.”
On it,” declared Oracle. After about a minute, she came back on the line. “Found it. ’The General Sherman’ is a sequoia — or giant redwood — found in the Sequoia National Park in Tulare County, California.
Tara paused for moment, then turned back to Haasen. “Have you got a ‘Redwood Mill’ anywhere near here?”
“I’ve never heard of one,” admitted Haasen. “Perhaps my assistant can find out?”

****
L eidschendam,
0130 CEST

Predicta bly, the windmill was easy enough to spot from a good distance away due to its position at the top of a grassy hill. We hid our bikes and approached as quietly as possible.
The moon-less night both helped and hindered us, and I spotted a potential problem before it became one. I hand-signalled to the rest of the group to stop.
“What is it, Kara?” asked Tara.
“We’ve got the right spot,” I told her.. “But there’s a lookout on the balcony.”
“I see him now,” confirmed Jayna. “He’s going to spot us if we get much closer.”
“We could try going around?” suggested Zan.
I glanced at Tara, she didn’t look like a fan of that idea. “There could easily be a lookout on that side too,” the Markovian exile pointed out. “Jayna, can you transform into an owl? Fly up close and then get the drop on him?”
“I think so.”
“Kara, can you get up there fast to back her up?”
“Easily.”
“Zan and I will wait until you’ve neutralised the lookout and then attack from below.”
“On my way,” confirmed the albino shapeshifter and set off at a run parallel the windmill, transforming into a snowy owl mid-stride and then flew upwards and arced towards the windmill, wheeling around one of the vanes and once he was in line with the lookout, he transformed back and landed feet first on the man’s back, knocking him forward onto the walkway with a grunt that was loud to my keen senses but hopefully not to anyone inside.
“Kara, you’re up,” said Tara. “Give us a couple of minutes to get into position then hit them from above.”
I nodded, then sketched out three hand-signs, and I declared, “
Lor Ul Do!” The sigil materialised, then I was drawn upwards and drifted towards the windmill.
A few seconds later, I reached the balcony level and saw that Jayna was already applying flex-cuffs to the unconscious lookout. I was about to congratulate her when I heard a clatter of footsteps on the stairwell and by the time I landed and dismissed my sigil, a trio of reinforcements burst out of the open doorway and pointed guns at us. I quickly sketched another pair of hand-signs and then raised my arms to shoulder height, declaring “
Ur Do!” My outstretched armed funnelled a blast of air at the gang, knocking them over like ten-pins. “Terra, you need to breach now!”
“Breaching!” confirmed Terra from below and seconds later I heard the thud of rocks hitting the front door of the windmill, smashing it inwards.

****
Europol Headquarters,
The Hague.

August 14, 0630 CEST.

Chief Haasen was still in his office when we returned. “Welcome back,” he said as we helped ourselves to some of the bread and cheese, cold cuts and hot drinks that he’d had laid on for us, then we took our seats. “Trusted forensics officers are still going over the site, but we’ve found several caches of stolen goods including diamonds. We’ll be able to put them away for a long time.”
“Excellent,” said Tara. “Oracle, we’re finished here. What next?”
Good timing, Terra,” said Oracle. “Delta Squad just reported in from Singapore, a senior figure within Ydra — possibly even one of the ‘heads’ themselves — is believed to be staying at a guesthouse in Athens. Tigress wants you head there and pick him up.
“Do we have time to finish breakfast?” asked Tara.
As long as you’re quick,” confirmed Oracle.
“We will be,” Terra assured her.
I’m forwarding further identifying information to your HUDs,” said Oracle. “I’d like you to leave for Greece within half-an-hour.

****
Kent Farm,
Smallville, Kansas.
1520 CDT.

“Wow,” said Harry. “They were totally screwed, weren’t they?”
“Yep,” Karen agreed with a grin. “And not for the last time. It continued when we travelled to Athens…”

****
Vlatav an Embassy,
North Athens.
August 14, 0805 EEST.


After borrowing civilian clothing from the embassy, we set off on our bikes for the Antisthenes Guesthouse, arriving outside about five minutes later.
“According to Interpol’s information, the target likes to sit on the patio for a while after breakfast,” said Terra. “Hopefully, he’s still there.”
“Hopefully,” I agreed.
However, when the patio came into view… a very different man than they were expecting was sitting there.
“Wasn’t the target supposed to be a
thin man?” whispered Zan.
Tara nodded, “Maybe the information was wrong?”
“I don’t think so,” I declared after a moment scanning him. “That’s him.”
“How do you know?” asked Zan.
“Because there’s no way that that old chair could support him if he’s as heavy as he
looks,” I replied. “My guess is that he’s wearing padding… maybe even the counterfeit money he’s supposed to be transporting, otherwise the chair would be kindling.”
Tara nodded, “We hold position and follow him if he makes a move.”

****

When the ‘fat man’ finally got moving, I followed him on foot at close range — my blond hair hidden with a curly black wig — along the main road west, while the others kept their distance on the bikes.
He followed the main room west for about two hundred and fifty yards, he branched off the main road
When he left the main road, Jayna turned into a dog and traded places with me in the close observer position, and continued to follow him, landing briefly behind a bush and transforming into a gull when he started to climb up the heights.
It only took Oracle a few seconds to identify to the two men that was meeting as former leg-breakers for the
Shepit Banda — a group once based in Gotham but driven out by the ‘freaks’ — with Interpol Red Notices and warrants in several countries.
Eta Squad posted up behind a pile of rubble and switched our civilian clothing for our costumes. “What’s the plan?” asked Jan.
“One of us could approach them first…” pondered Tara.
“Sounds good,” I said. “I’ll do it.”
“I’m the leader,” insisted Tara. “I should do it.”
“No offence, Tara… but I’m practically invulnerable and the ‘S’ has a lot more recognition and persuasion value than you do.”
“True,” admitted Tara. “Take point then. The rest of us will back you up if needed.”
“I doubt it,” I said, forming the hand-signs for my flying spell again. “
Lor Ul Do!”
I floated into the air and then flew around for a moment to get behind the two thinner men — although the ‘fat man’ wasn’t carrying I wasn’t sure about them — and then hovered in place. It only took a few seconds for the ‘fat man’ to glimpse me out of the corner of his eye and then look up.
I smiled to myself and struck a pose in mid-air. “Hi boys, word is you’ve been naughty… Do you want to do this the easy way or the hard way?”
The fat man barked something in a language I didn’t know at the two men, who turned to face my, guns clearing from hidden holsters at what was a remarkable speed for a human…

****
K ent Farm,
Smallville, Kansas.
1530 CDT.

“But that wasn’t enough, was it?” asked Harry. “Because you’re not human.
“Unfortunately for them,” agreed Karen.

****
Th e Acropolis,
Athens.
August 14, 0835 EEST.


Before the guns were even half-way into firing position, I had released my old spell and was dropping to the ground, meaning that the first volley passed harmlessly over my head.
“Don’t you know you shouldn’t play with guns?” I told them as I formed another set of hand-signs. “
Lor Da Em!”
The magic hit the two men just as they were about to adjust their aim and open fire again, then they went stiff as a board and collapsed.
The ‘fat man’ tried to run while I was dealing with his thugs, but he only made it a few yards before Jayna — back in dog form again — caught up with him and brought him down.
“I had him, Jayna,” I told the other girl when I caught up with her.
Jayna transformed back into my normal shape and smirked. “Why should you have all the fun?”

****

We were watching the three Ydra thugs being loaded into a van by a combined Hellenic Police-Interpol taskforce when a signal came in across our commlinks.
“Go ahead, Oracle,” said Tara.
Are you finished up in Athens?”
“Pretty much,” Tara confirmed. “Do you need us for something?”
Crimson Fox managed to roll up the Ydra cell in Paris while you’ve been busy in Athens,” replied Oracle. “So, when you’re ready, I’m rerouting you to the Chateau until Gamma and Delta Squads have finished their investigations.
“Understood,” agreed Terra, then switched her attention to the plain clothes officer that was approaching us. “Chief.”
“Outsiders, thank you for the assistance,” replied the officer, then held out a disk. “We’ll take from here.”
“You’re welcome,” said Tara, accepting the disk from him and tucking it into a compartment on her bike. “If you need us, we can be reached at the Prudential Building in Hollywood or the STAR Labs branch in Detroit.”
“Understood.”

****
The Chateau,
Brittany.
0930 CEST.


Thanks to your excellent work rolling up Ydra cells and distracting the true target, the other teams have managed to track down the real target — the master criminal Karabi — and some indications of his plan,” announced Oracle from the Chateau’s viewscreen.
“What’s the next step?” asked Tara.
Tigress is picking up another Javelin at Ferris Aircraft at the moment,” replied Oracle. “Once she’s airborne she’ll fly your way and pick you up and transport both squads to Vietnam to link up with Delta Squad and take Karabi’s compound.
“How much co-operation are we excepting from the local authorities?” I asked.
Not as much as I’d like,” admitted Oracle. “The League has the legal authority to operate in Vietnam, so you’re covered there, but with anti-Western sentiment as high as it is… However, Tigress has some contacts in-country that she thinks can facilitate matters.
“How long until she arrives?” asked Tara.
She should arrive at about midday, your time.”
“We’ll be waiting,” promised Tara and cut the channel.

****
Hanoi,
2015 ICT.


A moment after landing, Artemis left the pilot’s seat, walked over to the cabin door and opened it. We joined her and left the plane with Artemis and Tara in the lead. As we expected, Cyborg and his squad were waiting for us, arrayed either side of a distinguished-looking man in his early forties. “
Xin Chào, Chu Dung,” said Artemis, reaching out to joining hands with the older man and bowing slightly.
Xin Chao, Artemis,” repeated the Vietnamese man, mirroring my slight bow in turn. “Is your mother well?”
Artemis nodded. “Uncle, may I introduce the rest of my team?”
“Of course.”
Artemis broke away from Dung and indicated each of us in turn. “Arsenal, Livewire, Lodestone and Mist have been on the case from the beginning… Terra, Downpour, Shifter and Sunstone have been following leads in Europe and have joined us for the final assault.”
“Everything is prepared,” said Dung. “I have my own agents — Thunder and Lightning — watching the compound until our arrival. I have two helicopters standing by to take us there.”
“Then let’s get moving,” declared Artemis. “We don’t want our target to be warned, he might step up his timetable.”
Bang Long,” said the colonel, and lead the way to another part of the airport.

****
Cát Bà Island,
Ha Long Bay.
2100 ICT


When our gunships set down about a hundred yards from the target in the nearest clearing, Tara and I got out and joined Colonel Dung, Artemis and Victor in conference, leaving the rest of our team-mates and the colonel’s security squad on board the helicopters.
We were joined a moment later by the colonel’s two agents.
“Have you anything to report?”
The blue-and-purple clad twin — who appeared to be the dominant partner — replied. “Nothing since our last report, Colonel.”
“Very well,” replied Dung, he turned to Victor. “Can you?”
“Already on it,” Victor replied. “I’m into their network… accessing surveillance and security systems.”
“Excellent,” said Dung. “Are they ready to launch?”
Victor didn’t answer for a moment. “Not quite, but our intel was correct, they are planning on launching two ballistic missiles at rival nations in region, hoping to touch off World War Three.”
“That is not acceptable,” affirmed the colonel.
“No kidding,” added Artemis. “How long have we got?”
“Not sure,” admitted Victor. “Maybe an hour.”
“Then we should move in immediately,” said Dung. “How many forces do they have?”
“About a hundred in total as far as I can see,” reported Victor. “But most of those are scientists and technicians. I’d say we’ve got similar numbers.”
“Good,” said Dung. “If we make a big enough impression going in, they might even surrender.”
“I wouldn’t bet on it, Uncle,” said Artemis. “But I agree it’s worth a try.”

****
Hanoi,
2215 ICT.


They just surrendered?” repeated Oracle, sounding a little incredulous.
“Pretty much,” confirmed Artemis. “The first couple of guards tried to put up a fight when Sunstone, Thunder and Lightning bust in, but once the rest of us were inside and Karabi’s lieutenant saw what he was facing he ordered them to stand down.”
It’s always a nice surprise when that happens,” Oracle declared. “Did you find anything interesting in Karabi’s files?”
Victor stepped into view at that moment. “I’m still going through them, but I did find one thing that needs acting on immediately.”
Go on…
“I had a hunch and started reading the log backwards,” Victor explained. “And his last log entry mentions that he was considering depositing his ‘war chest’ in a Swiss bank…”
“Why is that interesting?” Tara asked. “I thought that was fairly common. Slade has several accounts there.”
Victor nodded, “That’s true… Which is why the reason it’s interesting is why he didn’t.”
Tara made a wry smile and looked away, a little embarrassed.
Which was?
“One of his informants got wind that
Ydra were planning to rob the place,” replied Victor.
Do we know when?” asked Oracle.
“Yeah, his log includes timing and tactics too,” confirmed Victor. “They’re going tunnel in from the curio shop next door, probably around eight pm local time.”
That gives us a little under three hours,” said Oracle, I glanced off-screen for a moment. “Vixen and Zatanna are in Milan on personal business, I could ask them to take care of it. Aquaman and Plastic Man are also available for back-up… or you could go yourselves?”
Artemis thought about for a moment, then looked at Victor. “Could you Boom us there?”
“In theory, but it’s far enough that I’d rather not if possible.”
Artemis turned to me, “Kara?”
“I agree with Victor,” I replied. “My standard portal spell isn’t powerful enough. I’m working on a long-distance one, but it’s not stable yet.”
“What about Cisco?”
I wasn’t sure, so I let Victor answer. “Probably the same as me.”
Artemis paused for a moment, then input a couple of queries into a secondary console. “It’ll take us at least ninety minutes to get there any other way.”
Sounds like Theta Squad is the best option then,” concluded Oracle.
“Agreed.”
I’ll make the arrangements,” said Oracle.
“We’ll finish up here and head back to the Bunker then,” said Artemis. “It’s been a pretty long couple of days.”

****
K ent Farm,
Smallville, Kansas.
1530 CDT.

“Did Theta Squad catch the robbers?” Harry asked.
Karen nodded, “It took until about nine pm Swiss Time to sort it out, so it was about two am before we took off from Hanoi.”
Harry made a face, as if he was trying to figure something out. “When did you get back?”
“About five pm yesterday,” Karen replied.
“So, in other words, you travelled back in time by ten hours over a two-hour flight?” said Harry with a grin.
“Pretty much,” agreed Karen, echoing his smile with one of her own. “Time zones are weird.”

****
Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear